Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 10:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of January 27, 2003

Here it is the last week of January; it seems like the month just began!

I, for one, am most ready for Spring! It's been cold and snowy here and this morning it was on 2 degrees outside! We're supposed to have a "warm up" over the next few days and the temps might actually reach the 30's!

So how did everyone's weekend go? Saturday was extremely busy but in good way. I actually did well point wise and am very pleased with myself. Yesterday was quite another story...we made homemade pizza and some snacks (tortilla chips & cream cheese dip). I definitely had my share.

My yoga class starts up this evening and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be walking before the class and am planning on walking on my lunch hour a few times this week as well. I need to keep moving so that the urge to become a fixture on the couch doesn't take over this week.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:34 PM   #2  

Just a quick note - lala mentioned about "pulling up" the lifer bio thread for people to update or post. I pulled it up this morning, so add your information if you please!
Old 01-27-2003, 12:59 PM   #3  
si, si signora

hi all,
its nice and balmy here. I hate to say that, but its the truth. However, with the balminess comes lots of showers and downright torrents of rain. The dog is less than amused.

Had a good weekend, did a bunch of gardening, running around, cleaning up and generally enjoyed not being on a plane.

However, as I got on the scale this morning, I am up another 3# so what gives?

I did okay this weekend and journalled, so I am hoping its just a blip.

All you east coasters and midwesterners, stay warm okay? Have some soup and stay out of the cold.

lala
Old 01-28-2003, 12:27 PM   #4  

OK, it's not balmy here. We had a day or two of "normal" winter temps over the weekend, but we're back into the deep freeze.

Melissa: Exercise is on my to-do list this week too. I tried a couple of runs over the weekend and I don't think my back is any worse so I'm gonna keep at it. It makes me feel better mentally.

lala: Gardening???? How I envy you! We can cry on each other's shoulder as far as the weight thing goes. Only problem is, I deserve every extra pound I'm packing. Don't know how/where to find motivation (as if feeling better wouldn't be enuff).

I got busy this morning and made physio appointments (for back and knees) and to be fitted for orthotics. My doctor thinks that may help the knee problem.

Bought a heart rate monitor yesterday. If I ever get back to running on a regular basis, I'll be able to stay in "the zone."
Old 01-28-2003, 02:44 PM   #5  

Hi everyone!

Our temps are finally creeping up...yesterday we only got up to about 8 degrees F...today it's a balmy 23! On the up side the temps are supposed to get up into the 30's by the weekend (I'll believe when it happens). We've had some form of snow every day this month and the total accumulation keeps creeping up. I am so ready for Spring!

Monday was bitter here so I ended not going anywhere over the lunch hour and even bypassed by yoga class. I really didn't feel that hot yesterday and today is a little better. The smoke from the party really wreaked havoc with my allergies/sinuses even though I've been taking my medication.

Lala: Hopefully the scale reading was just a blip and this next week will be kinder to you. It's frustrating when you journal, etc. and then have a gain.

Susan: Sure hope the orthotics work for you. It's amazing how the knee area can affect so many other parts of the body. Good luck!
Old 01-30-2003, 11:12 PM   #6  
si, si signora

hi everyone,
you all are probably on your way to bed. lucky ones. I am back at work trying to get something to work that I need to pass off to someone else.

Looks like the midwest is getting hit again with snow. Stay warm okay?

Nothing else to report. DP is also here at work, so it was nice to go have dinner at home, do a few chores and hang out with the young ones and mosey back here.

lala
Old 01-31-2003, 06:56 AM   #7  

lala: You are burning the midnight oil. I was happy to see that you weren't alone. Working late at the office is such an isolating feeling - on so many levels.

Melissa: They did the cast for the orthotics. The technician believes that this will help, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Got a few runs in this week - nothing too strenuous, but at least I've done something. My weight is slowly returning to normal too - no doubt because I made a real effort this week to get back on track. A little junk food crept in during the week, but nowhere near the amounts in the weeks since Christmas.

What's up for the weekend? We're doing some painting tomorrow morning - the final wall in the living room, and are invited out to dinner tomorrow nite. Other than that, it should be quiet.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:54 AM   #8  

Lala: Hope you got what you needed to get done to pass along done. I'm not much of a fan working after hours in the office--way too many noises that you don't normally hear throughout the day.

Seasaw: Glad to hear that you're moving along with getting the orthotic. Hopefully that'll do the trick for you.

As far as the weekend goes mine is going to be pretty crazy--tonight should be quiet (thank goodness) but Saturday and Sunday will be really busy. Saturday morning I have to be at WW bright and early to work (7:15 am) and I'm not sure if I'll be working all 3 meetings--it depends on how many people show up. If the weather is halfway decent I would imagine that we'll be busy. In the afternoon I'll be cooking 30# of macaroni for the raffle on Sunday. Then on Sunday I'll work at WW for the morning meeting (8:45-11:00) and then head to the raffle and will be there until about 7:30 pm. I'll definitely be getting a lot of movement with running around the kitchen and back and forth to the line. I'm going to make sure I have bottled water to drink and I'll take some snacks along that are healthy. We're serving hotdogs/sauerkraut, pizza, macaroni salad. They'll also have chips & pretzels.

On a up note our WW center is moving at the end of next week and it'll be a little closer to where I work/live and it's going to have a lot more parking and the meeting room will be quite a bit larger. We'll also have an actual coat room to hang our coats and storage. It's something to look forward to.

Next week is going to be busy as well. I'm working Tues/Thur night at WW and I have my follow up doctor appointment for my blood pressure. I'm hoping it's coming down and that she won't have to change my medication but we'll see.

The weather here is finally warming up...it's supposed to hit a balmy 37 today and the weekend is calling for rain mixed with snow.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 01-31-2003, 04:15 PM   #9  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, I hope the orthotics work for you. They helped my husband when he had some stress fractures. It's good to hear that you're on the streets again.

Melissa, you are going to be busy! It sounds like my weekend. Tomorrow my husband has a 5K Run and I'll volunteer. Then we work at the church rummage sale. Then we go to a wedding. Then we head to a good friend's birthday party. Then we collapse!

Old 01-31-2003, 04:58 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Hi everyone!

I'm ready to send that data off to the next sucker .

Hi Domina! Susan! Melissa!

Everyone is busy, busy, busy which is great. This weekend I'll be at work for a good part of it getting ready for a meeting the next week. I'm weighing in this evening, I hope I lost that darned lb or two from Brussels.

Nothing else planned. Dearest one and I are going to watch a bogey/bacall movie tonight. I may do some ironing and some more sorting afterwards watching the Sopranos on DVD. What a violent and addictive little show.

Laurel, is all of NJ that bad ?

I leave at the end of next week for a week of meetings in California and then a weekend in London with a friend from DC and her sister. Looks like three groups of friends will all be convening in London at the same time, I can't wait to see them all.

Okay, back to work.

lala
Closed Thread