20-Somethings BL Corner - Lovely Leaves Week 5 chat 8/29-9/4

SMSDREAMER2007
08-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Here is your new thread! Stats asap. ENJOY!

SMSDREAMER2007
08-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey all! As I promised, this week is our first week of having a mini challenge within our team! here is the challenge for the week, ready? Ok, The challenge of the week is. Who can drink AT LEAST 64 oz of water (It must be PURE water, flavorings ok, but cant be soda, or tea etc.) every day?

KittyKat1465
08-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Hmmm I always drink 150oz's of straight up water a day so I guess I'm in ;)

SMSDREAMER2007
08-29-2011, 09:08 PM
hehe kat ;)I normally drink bout that too.

SMSDREAMER2007
08-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Lovely Leaves week 4
Biggest Loser
Greenchick -2.8lbs (1.20%)

Honorable Mentions:
Mya -2 LBS(1.05%)
Smsdreamer2007 -2.8LBS (1.08%)

Eliminated from Competition:
jaimie1980
katylil

2 Freebies Used:
Bee optimistic
kristina29,
1 freebie used:
Chloekinsikle, mommy1028, kuritsu, Smsdreamer2007, toastedsmoke, divineFidelity, jelbele, SugarRomeoTango

WTG EVERYONE!!!!

DivineFidelity
08-29-2011, 09:27 PM
I already drank my 64oz today (I have a 64oz water bottle), and I'm on the second bottle about half way...so I'm done for the day.

Sorry about missing the weigh in. I completely forgot about it. I was so caught up with classes starting (mine are online so they started on saturday) and getting stuff done that I forgot completely about the weigh in....which was probably a good thing for you guys because I've gained. I don't know how much...I haven't weighed in a couple of days, but I know that I have because I've been completely off track. I'm just focusing on school and it distracted me.

Back to work now...lol.

ruby5839
08-30-2011, 12:15 AM
I also drank my 64oz and counting!

I'm glad I weighed in yesterday morning because I went on a major cookie eating binge last night in an effort to get rid of all the sugary, chocolatey snacks in my house because I'm trying to kick sugar this week. It's not going so great. :S I feel like a drug addict twitching for my next fix. It's crazy!! It's midnight and I have to keep talking myself out of hopping in the car to a 24hr place for a chocolate bar. If only I hadn't slept in today I could have just gone to sleep but now I'll probably be up for another few hours.

Anyone given up (processed) sugar cold turkey? Or do you follow the 'just one bite' principle?

girlonfire
08-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Ugh, I had a horrible couple of weeks and it is completely ruining my weigh-ins! I got back on track today and even though I didn't get to workout (dark when I left, dark when I got back and I can't afford a gym right now), I did a LOT of walking around town. Hopefully I can get a good loss in so I don't hold up the team anymore. I was tempted to drop out, but I am determined to FINISH this challenge!

And I had my 64 oz of water today! :)

philana
08-30-2011, 08:04 AM
I dn't drink 64oz a day, I drink 2 liters a day atleast :p which is the same thing. LOL. But I never know what "oz" stands for.

Anyhow - I had a bit of a "binge" yesterday, but it wasn't really a binge. I just had a headache all day and then super hungry in the evening, so I ate 2 bowls of greek yoghurt with honey pops. Was the only substantion thing I could find in my kitchen. I feel like I might be getting a flu or so.

The weightloss is not going great, and I think it's because I need to make an extra effort. Just going to the gym and eating good is not enough, I need to intensify my gym routine and really take my bike to work. But I am just a bit lazy. I am glad lazy no longer means eating bad and not going to the gym. LOL.

SugarRomeoTango4852
08-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Good Morning, everyone

I am sorry I haven't been around much. The hurricane knocked out my power at home and it is my ToM so things are crazy for me. I haven't been following my plan at all (due, in part, to not having power and being with my mother who loves eating out. Partly, my ToM makes me stupidly emotional and depressed so I end up overeating since I seem to hate myself around this time of month and think weight loss is hopeless for me. ) and that I have just been having an all around...stressful/miserable time lately. I missed the gym yesterday cause all the roads around me were flooded and I feel icky because of it but tomorrow I am heading back there. As for the water challenge...we will see if I can do pure water. I drink a lot of tea but just water? Blegh.

@ Divine: Good Luck with classes. Students just came back to the campus I work on and it busy. I also wanted to find out how you are feeling with the pain from your surgery?

@Chloe: I am right with you on jumping back in the bandwagon.

@Philana: ...if you consider that a binge I am eating my the truck load. =P Nah, at least it was something slightly healthy for you and not two bowls of ice cream. I can't eat Greek Yogurt as it makes me extremely ill so I am jealous that you can. Please don't be getting the flu...

DivineFidelity
08-30-2011, 07:52 PM
@Sugar - I'm doing fine. I feel much better actually. It's really hard to NOT lift things and NOT work out and stuff, because I FEEL fine. The doctor said 6 weeks though, so I'm going to listen....but it's hard not to do things when you feel like you could.

kurisitaru
08-30-2011, 08:47 PM
I always drink 80oz of water... today I think I drank around 90...>.>

So I'm in with that challenge!

fitocracy.com btw... someone asked last thread. Check it out use "SARGE" as the entry to get in. It's a great motivation to get exercise in.

Brown
08-31-2011, 12:10 AM
I like this idea. What's your username on Fitocracy? I'm there also! It's a great addictive website =D. Mine is Pinup.

I've had a rough weekend, and haven't done anything. I went to a simple 15 minute job on Friday morning and it turned into a "get thee to labor & delivery!" for my client. So, I ended up working almost 70 hours from Friday-Monday. I got home late last night, showered, and slept 16 hours until 6 this evening. Now, I'm relaxing, and ready to be back on track with my weight loss and fitness tomorrow. :)

Oddly enough, I was down half a pound today after all was said and done all weekend. Strange, considering I didn't have a single gym day, I had fast food/carry-out 2-3 times each day at the hospital, and I slept 4 hours Friday night, 6 hours Saturday night, and then was up from 5:30am Sunday morning until I got home last night (Monday), about 45 or so hours. Bodies are weird.

philana
08-31-2011, 03:46 AM
fitocracy.com btw... someone asked last thread. Check it out use "SARGE" as the entry to get in. It's a great motivation to get exercise in.

I just set up an account, I am gonna figure out how it works within the next 2 days, lol. My name is persepolis !

ruby5839
08-31-2011, 03:47 PM
@kurisitaru - Thanks for the invite code to Fitocracy!

I also just joined and am trying to figure it out. My username is the same as on here: ruby5839 Add me!

I've been slacking with the exercise this week so far but plan to make up for it today. Today's workout plan: 30 Day Shred (level 1), c25k w3d1 run, and a 1 hr group exercise class.

Hope you're all having a good day!

Brown
08-31-2011, 06:34 PM
http://blisstree.com/move/i-heart-powerlifting-and-im-not-bulky-or-masculine/ :)

toastedsmoke
08-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey team! Sorry I haven't checked in for a bit. I finally leave for on Sunday from vacation, and even though it's been fun, I'm totally broke and it's kind of been a mess being on plan wise. I haven't really gained anything in spite of myself (though only down 3lbs) but I know I haven't been making good decisions and I feel bad about that. I'm going to try to be better my last few days and of course hit the workouts seriously when I get home on Monday. I've joined Fitocracy too. I'd never heard of it, but it seems pretty cool. My name on there is the same as it is on here (toastedsmoke). I'll probably use it more actively when I get home and get back into workout mode.

I hope you all have been doing alright and everything is well with you. Take care and have an awesome rest-of-week!

DivineFidelity
09-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Okay guys. I have been super off track the past couple of days. School started last Saturday and I'm taking a 5 week government online course....and it's RIDICULOUS how much work they have you doing each week so that you finish the class in 5 weeks. I've been eating fast food that my boyfriend brings to me because I haven't been able to manage my time well enough to even find time to cook....and I haven't been drinking my water. I just weighed myself for the first time in almost 2 weeks, and thank GOD I haven't gained. I've just been maintaining....which is NOT what I was expecting.

Other then that though, things are great. I love my new group of Pre-K kids, and I think I'm really going to be able to help them learn and grow. A couple of my Pre-K kids from last year have come back to visit already, and one of them actually told me "I love you and I've really been missing you and you have to come to my new school with me because I miss you a whole lot so you should come be my teacher there"....and it honestly made me cry. I never though I would develop those close relationships with my kids like that...but I did and I really miss my kids too. It was my first class, and I didn't know it was going to be like this when they left. It's hard....but it's so rewarding when they come back and they've learned all these new things.

My goals for today are to drink all of my water and to not get any fast food or anything. I've got plenty of food here in the house....and I need to just find the time to cook it.

Oh and I made a Fitocracy.....DivineFidelity is my username.

philana
09-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Divine - sounds like you love your job, that is just great! And we all have off-track days, just aslong as you know you are getting back on it's no problem!

I am very strictly on plan for a week, just to see if this stall that I have been in for the past month is due to going off plan here and there. It's not like I am goin gmajorly off plan. It's just a bit less bikerides to work and a bit more carbs here in there. But it seems to not help the weightloss - so if in a week I've still not lost anything I am gonna change my plan. I am already changing up my gym routine because of uni starting again.

My instructor did the fitness test to see my progression from the past 2 months and it's been pretty good. He opted for more focus on weight training and less on cardio because I am getting my cardio in through running and am riding my bike to work (I will, everyday, consistently.. now that I fixed the danged thing. lol). I asked for him to put in some heavy interval cardio for when I feel like it.. I think i'll end up doing that everytime I am at the gym too - but it's not 'mandatory' which takes the pressure off, which is nice!

Hope this rigorous on plan thing is gonna work because I am having a ton of social things coming up - it's always hard to stick to plan when you arent near your own fridge.

Rated
09-02-2011, 02:24 PM
I went away for a shopping trip. I knew I was going be eating out a lot so my goal was to maintain my weight but I actually lost weight while I was gone so I am on track for a good weigh in on Sunday.

melni
09-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey ladies, sorry I haven't checked in much lately. I've been at school for two weeks, and between school, work, and the occasional drama (boys), I've been pretty busy. :dizzy:

Weight loss has actually sped up since going back to school. Not that I'm complaining, but it was definitely not what I was expecting.

Hope everyone is doing great!

kurisitaru
09-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Melni, I'm in the same boat as you. Everything except the boy drama. ><

I wish had a little drama in that arena though. ...>.>

I was doing SOOOOOOOOOOO good, watching what I ate and everything. Then I caved in and bought a latte with some chocolate. (nonfat, decaf with no sugar) At least I didn't get all the works and the chocolate was a small cluster with nuts and dark chocolate. I felt guilty though and then when added up my calories, I didn't go over my daily intake and my nutrition was just fine. I won't make a habit of it, but it was a nice little treat. ^^

toastedsmoke
09-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Hey team, things have... not been good. Let's say! I leave for home tomorrow after my 3.5-week long UK vacation. It's been fun but horrible this last week and a half plan-wise. I did really well yesterday and was 100% on plan but today was a bust, because of goodbye breakfast AND farewell lunch AND au revoir dinner organized by various groups of friends... I don't even want to think how many calories have been consumed. It's not pretty! But once I'm home, I totally think I can rock this challenge, with my gym membership and routine and everything, it will be ok, I think. I'm entering my weigh in a little early and there's a bit of a gain, but I promise to do better for the rest of the challenge.

Good luck with weigh ins tomorrow, team!

girlonfire
09-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey team! Sorry I've been so absent recently, I just started a new job and it's been pretty hectic. I am pretty pleased to FINALLY report a loss. It's a small one, but it's still a loss!

Hope everyone is doing well this week! I will be glad when it cools down.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-04-2011, 03:33 PM
HAALLOOOOOOO ALL MY LOVELY LEAVES! :D

Sorry I haven't been around :\ Between getting financial aide sorted and having a computer on the fritz it's been a HECTIC week! I hope everyone is doing well, I will go back and do personals in a second ;) I notice the board is very well...bare this week LOL we haven't been very chatty!

SMSDREAMER2007
09-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Week 6 thread is up! Stats tonight!