Old 08-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #1  

Talking Excited to start Atkins

Still in the process of reading the book. In hopes to get started on either sat or monday. Not sure what the schedule brings. Seems like I am going to have to pitch a ton of food and buy a ton of new stuff. Kind of bummed about that. Oh well. The price I pay to get healthy!

I am starting Atkins at the resquest of my Dr. He is having me do it to get my blood sugar on a level plane *metbolic syndrome* and over all good health. I am going to celebrate the weight loss too. I am over a 100lbs over weight.

My hubby is going to do this with me, also. So I am even more excited.

Not sure how we are going to handle my boys, yet. They are 13 an on a high calorie diet due to Cystic Fibrosis. They love thier carbs more than anything... I am just afraid to have that stuff in the house. I am afraid it will be a bad idea for DH and I.

Last edited by anna78; 08-25-2011 at 03:32 PM.
anna78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

It is great that your husband is joining you!
The first two weeks it will be hard to resist if you have junk in the house, but after that the cravings and appetite should go down and make it easier.
Good luck !
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #3  

Thank you Puncezilla. I am super excited that he is doing it with me. It makes it that much more, doable. Is that a word. lol

We have decided to start tomorrwo (sat). I am trying to give away all the other stuff in the house that we shouldn't have, that the kids wont eat.

My hubby is really nervous. I feel pretty confident... well maybe I am a tad nervous too.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #4  

It is nearly 4pm here and I had only consumed 7 carbs. ooops. No wonder I have be so hungry all day. I need to get my veggies in... but I am not sure how..

B Atkins shake (3)
L 4 oz shrip (0) 1/2 Avacado (2) 2 cups mixed greens (0) 2T Creamy Italian dressing (2)
S 2 servings pork rinds (0)
S 10 Black olives (2) 2 oz cheese (2)

Dinner will be Steak and broccoli and onions.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #5  
Hello Friend

That sounds about right, your dinner should bring the count up.

How did your weekend go? Weekends are always the toughest for me.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #6  

shockingly.. it went very well. DH and I both did great. Church was hard though. All the donuts and breads and such. Steared very very clear of them. lol

Say something has sugar of some name in the ingredients list... but it has 0 carbs on the nurtion label... what then??

Last edited by anna78; 08-29-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: to ask at question I for got to add before
Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna78 View Post
Say something has sugar of some name in the ingredients list... but it has 0 carbs on the nurtion label... what then??
When this happens I try to just stick to a serving size of it or try to find a sugar free alternative that I could make myself.

An example would be mayonnaise. I use an olive oil based mayo but sugar is like the 4rth ingredient in the label so when this jar is gone I am going to start making my own mayo from a recipe I found online.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 08-29-2011 at 10:42 PM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #8  
Hello Friend

Glad its going well Anna!

If the sugar content is less than a gram per serving it would still say 0 on the label. It could contain .5 or .9 of a gram and it would say 0 on the label. I would be careful with this and stick to small portions if you can't find an alternative that doesn't have the sugar.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #9  

Thank you ladies.

I have been bingy lately.. Not sure why. Alot miserable....