Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/230/145

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Default Needing inspiration!

I've come to a plateau in my weight loss and have been feeling a bit down because of it, so I scoured the internet looking for something that would give me inspiration, and I found this forum. Knowing that I'm not alone definitely makes my journey easier!

For almost all of my life I have struggled with weight issues, and I hit my highest weight of 283 about four years ago. I was in denial of how heavy I was, but one day I woke up and knew I didn't want to be fat anymore.

Over the last four years I have slowly but surely shed pounds, and about a year ago I dropped to 215 which I was so excited about, but then somehow I lost my way and ended back up to 230. It was definitely a blow to me since I had been doing so well.

I keep telling myself that losing and keeping off over 50 pounds is great, but then I think of how much more I need to lose to be at a healthy weight, and I feel like this is impossible, but that's why I'm here, I'm looking for that second wind to get me over the plateau that I'm on
SereneBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

We all know what it's like to want to get healthier and lose weight. Look around! There are so many inspiring threads, and members and topics. People are just putting one foot in front of the other. Taking one day at a time. And always heading forward.

You can, too! Glad to have you join us on your journey and CONGRATULATIONS on losing 50 pounds! Every pound is a HUGE victory.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #3  

Thank you Lovely! It's nice to receive words of encouragement! And it's also nice talking to someone who knows the struggles that I've faced.

I've been at 230 pounds for so long that I've almost convinced myself that this is the weight I'm always going to be. It's frustrating. When I was 283 pounds and decided to lose weight, it seemed like the pounds flew off, but now my body is just stuck.

But I guess that's all part of what makes this journey worthwhile! Overcoming obstacles like this makes a person stronger!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too! I found 3FL while looking for support too. I know how you feel. I started a diet one month ago and lost 16.5 pounds in the first 3 weeks. However, for one week I haven't lost any besides 2 ounces. It's hard when it just stops. Hoping to break through it!
CONGRATS on your weight loss! AWESOME!
Aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #5  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

One of the things that has really helped me is to break down my weight loss into mini goals. Looking at the total number can be overwhelming but if you set mini goals, ie: 10% lost, 10 lbs lost, it gives you a feeling of accomplishment and helps keep you going.
Best of luck! Keep going and do not give up!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:43 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aishah View Post
Welcome! I'm pretty new here too! I found 3FL while looking for support too. I know how you feel. I started a diet one month ago and lost 16.5 pounds in the first 3 weeks. However, for one week I haven't lost any besides 2 ounces. It's hard when it just stops. Hoping to break through it!
CONGRATS on your weight loss! AWESOME!
Plateaus can be very hard to overcome both physically and mentally. Every time I hit a plateau I just want to give up, but I hang in there because I don't want to go back to where I was. Still, I have to wonder what it is I'm doing wrong? It's like you eat right and you can't lose weight... I don't understand.

And thank you for the congratulations on my weight loss, congratulations on yours too! Losing 16.5 pounds in a month is amazing! I sure wish I could do that.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:46 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
One of the things that has really helped me is to break down my weight loss into mini goals. Looking at the total number can be overwhelming but if you set mini goals, ie: 10% lost, 10 lbs lost, it gives you a feeling of accomplishment and helps keep you going.
Best of luck! Keep going and do not give up!
Heck, even 1 pound lost gives me a feeling of accomplishment But it's hard to feel motivated when I can't seem to lose a pound. I've been doing my best to keep my calories around 1,800 or lower, but it doesn't seem to be having any impact on my weight. I'm just baffled.

I suppose if I exercised that might help a little!