Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 11:04 AM   #1  

Default Mooooooving right along......

As you ask, Bagzie. A new thread, a new day. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!!!!! Hey, if it's good enough for Stewart Smalley, its good enough for me.

I've just recovered from the mother of all migraine headaches. I was laid low all day yesterday, which really p*ssed me off, because it was one of the last days of my time off, and it was sunny!!!!!!!! Anyone who doesn't live in Oregon may not understand my despair at missing out on a sunny day in January, but Brattie is sure to know my pain.

Sugar, don't your parents get exhausted from all this moving? I couldn't imagine all the work it would take to pack up this place and move it. It must be what keeps them young. Also the fact that their daughter is just a baby. I want the recipe for the chicken bacon thingies. Anything where you take a relatively lowfat item like chicken and make it into something yummy and fattening is ok in my book. Just like broccolli w/ cheese sauce, strawberries and ice cream, salad w/ blue cheese dressing. You get the drift.

Well, it looks like there is a partly sunny day out there. I think I should get out there and clean up some black eyed susans and crocosmia foliage sometime before the new growth starts up again. Dahlia, you're probably shocked that I've let that ugly brown stuff lay out there on the ground so long. I can't wait to see your pictures of your place in the springtime... of course it will probably make me tired just looking at it. I'm into the casual gardening look. ie; messy but pretty in a weedy way.

Whatcha going to start in your greenhouse this spring Bagzie???Some stuff for Peaches new house?
Old 01-17-2003, 12:42 PM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

glad you mentioned the greenhouse wabby---we have three feet of snow out there and it is SNOWING as we speak---i feel like i live in antartica.i must go an peruse my garden photos to cheer me up----last year i did so well with the border of california poppies,backed by the purple bachelor's buttons,backed again by the strawflowers and statice---- i will do that again---especially since they lasted well into october-----my other favourites were the godetia and the convovulus{ensign mix}AND OF COURSE MY DARLING SUNFLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------LUCKY you wabby----you get spring in just weeks from now----we don't see spring flowers til late april {maybe a crocus,a snowdrop or two before that}last year the tulips were not out til JUNE!!!![ love that june!!!!}
Old 01-17-2003, 03:43 PM   #3  
The magic shrinking cow

Wabby, I feel for you with your migraine! I had some kind of mini-flu that knocked me out for almost two days. I couldn't eat and it was hard to stay out of bed for any length of time. The good news is, I lost 4 pounds. The bad news is, it'll all come back now that I'm able to eat again. Although my appetite is not completely back yet.

I did CTX Kickbox today (a short, but intense kickbox tape with bicep weight work.) I also tacked on the triceps work from another CTX tape. I couldn't do any abs because my back still hurts so badly from lying in bed.

Bagzie, your garden sounds nice already! I probably won't do anything outside. Someone mowed over my butterfly bush last year, so I don't plan on doing any more outside gardening until we move into a home with a fence.

Well, now that have gloated over my pathetic workout and temporary weight loss, I'm off.

Ciao!
Old 01-17-2003, 04:21 PM   #4  
Most boring housewife.

Cherry, I"m impressed. You exercised and you found a weight loss virus. You are the woman. How's your job going?
Wabby, enjoy your partly sunny day. I love natural, semi-messy gardens. If they are too perfect they look like Disneyworld, where all the plants look plastic.
Bagzie, wasn't it sweet of Dahlia to stick up for you with your mother. It is terrible that you have been so abused. We all know you are a rhino, but for her to SAY it is just horrible.
Kiwi, where are you?
Sissy, you also.
Sugar. ditto.
XXOO,
The Bore
Old 01-17-2003, 05:55 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm here, but not for long. Goodness, you people sure wake up when I don't post!

Dahlia Dear, you must take what we say around here with a grain of salt. Or three. Bagz' mother is the sweetest person ever and I don't believe for a moment that she called her a rhinobutt. That sounds more like something I would say.

Gotta run, very busy here. Pep Band, dinners out to discuss the death of Podunk etc. DH is keeping busy rabble-rousing, so he's happy. I actually worked out today. Muscle woman, here I come!

Kiwi
Old 01-17-2003, 06:25 PM   #6  
fatter than U

Default What's this about June's two lips??

Just checking in, off to bed and all that.

I'll send ya the recipe ASAP, Wabby! It's super easy.

I think the postcards you can get for Oregon and B.C. are interchangeable. "In Oregon/B.C. you don't tan, you rust!"

Love all you crazy cows!

Old 01-17-2003, 08:26 PM   #7  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I say let's forget all this nonsense about losing weight and devote ourselves to HINTS FROM HELOISE I am just baffled by the return of June. How long ago was cloning invented??

I have to go now. I have spilled popcorn on the floor and must consult my housekeeping manual on how best to clean it up.

I hope I don't have to bend over.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:15 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I am NOT a six-arsed Rhino--no matter what my mother says.-----no matter what kiwi remembers about my mother,i feel i must affirm my affirmations.peaches if you bend over,i am afraid to imagine how terrible that would look from behind.make sure you are alone when you do it.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:28 PM   #9  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

You are a garbage-mouted gardening gardenia with a rhino-butt. Leave me out of your affirmations. I have the best arse in Dogpatch.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:37 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

MM, catfight
Old 01-18-2003, 08:57 AM   #11  
Most boring housewife.

I am embarrassed. Sissy is acting difficult again.
I think she should remember to bend her knees. It is important to lift with the legs and not the back.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:53 AM   #12  
The magic shrinking cow

I'm going to be boringly on-topic and ignore any suggestions of cow-fights in the herd. Today I did CTX Leaner Legs (a 45 minute legs workout) along with CTX shoulders. Aren't you proud of me? We were going to go to the pool and then we realized that with us all being sick, that's not a great idea. Oh well. My back really needs the whirlpool, but I'll take a hot bath instead.

I've bored you enough!
Ciao!
Old 01-18-2003, 12:05 PM   #13  
Most boring housewife.

You answered no questions...vis a vis job and book. Better yet, what do you think of those Eagles?
Anyway, fights are fun. Would it be possible to reignite the war with Canada? Nah, they don't have any oil. We only go to war with oil-rich people who threaten to blow up the world. But the actions of these Canadians can not be ignored.
Here is what I'm going to do for the next hour.
1. unload dw
2. load dw
3. clean out fridge
4. .clear kitchen counter
5. mop kitychen floor
6 put cloth on kitchen table
7. clean books out of computer area
8. clear out pantry area
9. \windex everything
10 put stuff on shelves

That is a plan.
Old 01-18-2003, 01:28 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

WHAT a lot of work,lushbat!!! i have sissy and her three youngsters here---what is more depressing than a freezing saturday in january!!! esp considering her situation!!! i will do all that cleaning when they leave!!! that will give me something to do on a saturday night!!WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTT????
Old 01-18-2003, 01:29 PM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I FORGIVE PEACHERS FOR BENDING AT THE WAIST.I AM SURE IT WAS A LOVELY SIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! MAGNIFI-ARSE.
Closed Thread