General chatter - How many bottles of perfume do you own?

Slim CB
06-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I admit it ...I looooove perfume. I love smelling sweet, I love smelling fresh and I cant resist buying perfume. I usually have at least 6 bottles but last week most of them ran out. I was down to 2 bottles and on Friday I bought another bottle.

But I want one more.....I went to the perfume store at lunch and fell in love with CK's Beauty. Its absolutely wonderful. I have the money to buy it but considering that I just bought a bottle on Friday, a part of me is saying that I really should not indulge any further.

So...how many bottles do you all own?

astrophe
06-27-2011, 05:07 PM
2, maybe three if you count a little solid perfume I was gifted.

A.

guamvixen
06-27-2011, 05:14 PM
One. It was over $100. I cut myself off from splurging on any more until this one runs out. I've still got a long way to go, and my DH doesn't even like it! EEK!

nikkinouille
06-27-2011, 05:16 PM
2 - both from Victoria's Secret. I never use the whole bottle. I tend to use about 1/2 to 3/4 and then trash it. I get bored & thrive on change. Haha.

aliquot
06-27-2011, 05:46 PM
5, but two of them are so old there's no way they are still good. I just kept them because they look pretty.

The other three are Katy Perry Purr, Coach Poppy, and BBW Dark Kiss.

bargoo
06-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Too many to count!

Scarlett
06-27-2011, 06:29 PM
5 Faith Hill True + parfumus, Elizabeth Arden Red Door, Ralph Lauren Romance, and clinique Happy (my least favorite, it was a gift). I'd have more if I had more money. I love it too. I put perfume on all the time (though only a little). I'll put it on before runs (I smell it more as I sweat), when I get out of the shower, before bed. Usually it's just for me, but I just lOVE smelling fresh.

nelie
06-27-2011, 06:33 PM
For some reason, the smell of perfume really bothers me so I have none.

fatferretfanatic
06-27-2011, 06:39 PM
None-but if you ask me how much lotion I have, that's a different story. I like smelling fresh just as much as the next gal', but I don't have the money for perfume, and honestly, most of it bothers my nose anyway. I do like the occasional body spray, which is cheaper and lighter than regular perfume. I like bath and body stuff, but I usually end up leaving the store with lotion.

TooManyDimples
06-27-2011, 07:06 PM
None. I use body spray. I've been wearing Victoria's Secret Love Spell FOREVER. My husband loves it so I wont be wearing anything else unless they stop making it someday.

Lovely
06-27-2011, 07:17 PM
One. Love Spell by Victoria's Secret.

CanadianCutie
06-27-2011, 07:22 PM
I have 3. 2 that I actively use. Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely. Nautica Bahama Breeze, and Tommy Girl (though I can't lay my hands on this at the moment).
Lovely is my go to perfume. I've been eyeing Vera Wang Princess too though.

jules1216
06-27-2011, 08:19 PM
I have 3. 2 that I actively use. Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely. Nautica Bahama Breeze, and Tommy Girl (though I can't lay my hands on this at the moment).
Lovely is my go to perfume. I've been eyeing Vera Wang Princess too though.

1 expensive, I use for special occasions, 2 body sprays from Bath and Body I use just about everyday..

kaplods
06-27-2011, 11:04 PM
I have two bottles of expensive cologne, and they're over 15 years old. They're just way too strong (and of course, only getting stronger with time. I should throw them out). I have one bottle of cologne from one of the bath stores, and I have half a dozen or so body sprays.

I like body sprays or scented lotion best, because the scent is much more subtle.

Even so, they tend to last quite a long time, because I don't use them daily. I just don't think of it. Hubby actually uses body scents more regularly than I do (I tease him about his AXE collection, asking him if he's expecting the women to attack him like they do in the commercials).

theox
06-28-2011, 12:15 AM
1 container of Pacifica Persian Rose solid perfume. My first perfume ever (late bloomer here), and I got it for myself as a reward for meeting a mini-goal.

kellkell
06-28-2011, 12:25 AM
I have 10 right now:
Ange ou demon - givenchy
Incanto - Salvatore Ferragamo
Outspoken - Avon (smells like a cheaper version of poinson)
Parisienne - Yves Saint Laurent
Vie La Juicy - Juicy Couture
Sensuous - Estee Lauder
Infusion de Tubereuse - Prada
Princess - Vera Wang
Nina Ricci - Nina Ricci (the apple bottle)
Miss Dior Cherie - Dior (this is my favorite!!)

Also have some lotions and a few solids. love love love perfume. But I am careful about application, cause no one likes to over power others.

tea2
06-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Burberry Brit, Givenchy Very Irresistible, Maybe Baby, Chanel Allure lotion, Sun, Moon & Stars (they don't even make that anymore ;p)

ParadiseFalls
06-28-2011, 01:19 AM
I only have two right now — Lilly Lambert's Coventina, which I'm obsessed with, and Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker — but my housemate is a perfumaniac and has probably 15-20 bottles plus god knows how many samples.

ann71
06-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Perfume gives me migraines. :(

alaskanlaughter
06-28-2011, 01:57 AM
i have one body mist type spray...dont remember the scent but it's light and pretty scent...i dont use it much, it makes me sneeze...i'm sensitive to strong odors also...i've never been into perfumes much, or make up either :)

FitGirlyGirl
06-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Thiery Muggler - Angel
Thiery Muggler - Alien
Issey Miyake
Burberry Weekend
Chanel #5
Armani Code
Obsession
Juicy Couture
Cool Water

About 20 cheaper perfumes and 2 or 3 body spray/lotion sets (love spell is always among them)

Smell is extremely important to me. I'm rather obsessed

Slim CB
06-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I see I am not the only one with the love of perfumes :D

I did go and buy another bottle yesterday - so now I have 4. Add that to my 4 bath and body works spray plus the scented lotions/bath gels that come in the perfume sets!

What can I say? I love perfumes!!!!

nina125
06-28-2011, 09:29 AM
aah.. I love Armani Code. Infact, I just finished a bottle of it last week.

My favorites so far are:

Code Pour femme - Armani
Eternity Summer (2011) - CK
Deep Red - Hugo Boss

Riestrella
06-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Hmm I'm not great with naming perfumes but I'm pretty sure this is all correct!:

Curious - Britney Spears
Covet Pure Bloom - Sarah Jessica Parker
Diamonds - Armani
Happy - Clinique
Princess - Vera Wang

Think that's all! The only two I bought for myself were the Curious and Covet ones, the rest have been presents. My favourite is Covet Pure Bloom, such a nice sweet smell =)

mayness
06-28-2011, 12:24 PM
I use body sprays... so I've got about 10 of them, but when you consider that none of them were more than $15 (and many were more like $5 from Bath and Body Works), it doesn't really matter how many I buy, lol. I occasionally throw out a half-used bottle because I'm tired of the scent.

MiZTaCCen
06-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Zero, I don't have smelly things to keep me smelling pretty. I'm not very girly that way. haha. besides I can't stand the smell 90% of the time so I don't bother wasting my money on it. Now I might buy nice smelly body lotions and if thats the case I have three. Coco butter, Vanilla, and nectarine.

nelie
06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
I can't even walk near a Bath & Body works without getting a headache but I definitely agree with body wash/lightly scented lotions and what not.

My favorites are the Ginger line from Origins, the lavender line from L'Occitane and actually Whole foods has some really natural smelling shampoos, conditioners, body wash and lotion. I've tried the lavender and citrus 365 brand stuff and it is pretty nice.

Lovely
06-28-2011, 06:24 PM
I can't even walk near a Bath & Body works without getting a headache but I definitely agree with body wash/lightly scented lotions and what not.

You saying that made me think of all those Yankee candle stores... now THOSE places give me a smell-headache.

I like light smells, and some of the scent places do have nice ones, but I just can't smell them properly while in the middle of all the different types!

When I was younger I used to have a little collection of lotions and body sprays, but most of them were only partially used so I just threw them out and stuck with my favorite one.

Riddy
06-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm definitely perfume obsessed, but mostly clean or food scents.

I love Philosophy fragrances! In my perfume cabinet right now -
Amazing Grace
Pure Grace - my summer favorite
Eternal Grace
Falling in love

Also,
Pink Sugar
Inisfree
Bath & Body Works peppermint splash
and at least a dozen sample size dupes from Pittsburgh Street Soapworks :D

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/sliderbug/lb/288/160/251/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

MedChick87
06-29-2011, 08:29 PM
DKNY Be Delicious is my all-time favorite!!! I feel healthier just spraying it on lol (it's shaped like an apple).

I also have Marc Jacobs Daisy, Burberry Britt, and some body sprays from bath and body works.

FrouFrou
06-30-2011, 01:01 AM
One perfume-Eternity and one body lotion/spray-pearberry from Bath & Body

I always want to try a new perfume but get used to 'my' scent and can't bear to change...I LOVE Eternity!

IsabellaOlivia
06-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Zero.

4star
06-30-2011, 09:41 AM
1! LOL!

Perfume smells lovely but I have allergies. I wish I wasn't so sensitive it. The laundry detergent aisle at the store even bothers me. :headache:

caitybates
06-30-2011, 09:50 AM
I have Chanel Mademoiselle and then 2 bottles that I got from Carthusia when I visited Capri. I never ever wear them though. The only perfume I ever loved that I wore consistently was Sweet Sun by Dior. I miss it!!!

Sis
06-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I have a few. The ones I wear the most are
Rapture - Victorias Secret
Rapture body spray (a lighter version)
Perhaps - Bob Mackie (i think) LOVE it!

Riddy
06-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Oops, I found a couple more bottles in the cabinet today (yes, I have a whole cabinet of perfume!) :o:o:o

Philosophy Unconditional Love
Philosophy Inner Grace
Demeter Altoids

For those of you with allergies and/or migraines, I highly recommend the Philosophy fragrances. I have allergies and migraines; I like most of them, and can wear all of them. Pure Grace is my summer favorite - it's a super clean soapy smell. :cool:

mhill0823
07-01-2011, 12:17 AM
I for real have like 7 bottles on my dresser...
then all my bath and body sprays!
I like to alternate!!!:)

nelie
07-01-2011, 07:41 AM
For those of you with allergies and/or migraines, I highly recommend the Philosophy fragrances. I have allergies and migraines; I like most of them, and can wear all of them. Pure Grace is my summer favorite - it's a super clean soapy smell. :cool:

I actually tried really hard to like Philosophy scents in terms of their body wash and I can't stand them. They are one of my least favorite company in terms of scents.

konfyoozed
07-01-2011, 12:08 PM
i have one actual bottle of perfume. ralph lauren's hott. i love the cinnamony-vanilla type smell. but i have a ton of bath and bodyworks body sprays... japanese cherry blossom, wild honeysuckle, moonlit path, sea island cotton, etc etc.

saef
07-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Maybe 15 on my dresser, but I'd have to go count:

Several bottles of Cassini, ranging from perfume to eau de parfum (two of those) to eau de cologne.
A bottle of Bal a Versailles perfume.
A bottle of Giorgio's Red in eau de parfum & then a small bottle of perfume
Caswell Massey Lavender Water
A little brass case full of Penhaligon cologne samples, like 10 different little glass test tubes.
L'Occitane Ruban d'Orange cologne water
A couple others that I can't remember.

I have more Cassini in storage. Most of these were gifts. It's hard to find but you wouldn't know it from my stash. My friends remember that I wear it & tend to buy it for me.

ShesLosingIt
07-01-2011, 07:04 PM
About 7 plus a bunch of trial sized or sample sized ones from various e-tailers or free w/ purchase.

I love smelly stuff.

polka23
04-14-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm obsessed ):

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
Dior Hypnotic Poison
Aquolina Pink Sugar
Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

And then a bunch of samples, LOL

Ruthxxx
04-14-2012, 04:21 PM
In perfume, I have Sung and Chanel 5 which I seldom use since so many people are allergic to scents. Most of the time I spritz myself with Body Wash such as Avon Water Flowers or Vanilla. Muget des Bois is an old favourite but I can't get it anymore although I think Coty still makes it.

It seems to be that perfumes don't smell as good as they did 50 years ago - too many chemicals, I guess. Sometimes I just rub some lavender oil essence on my wrists. It makes me remember my grandmother who always had lavender sachets in her dresser drawers.

pluckypear
04-14-2012, 05:21 PM
None. I know too many people with allergies and go to too many public places that ban it (gym,Dr,massage therapist etc.). Also I have to say sometimes I am okay with others having a little but so many people wear too much and it is overpowering. I sometimes wear natural oils like peppermint or vanilla.

Bloopers
04-16-2012, 05:33 AM
I have two. Cool water and cherry blossom. Love them both!!

Finny321
04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Way too many! I buy perfume oils from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html) or Arcana Soaps. I probably have over 100 different scents? I have allergies to most commercial perfume scents, but most of these I can wear.

Natasha22
04-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't like wearing perfume. I do own one, it's Versace's Bright Crystal, but I received it as a gift from someone who didn't know me so well and didn't know I don't like to wear perfume. I like the natural scent of my body, I don't like covering it up with artificial, chemical smells. Having said that, I don't smell bad, I shower 2 times each day, or more during summer, but I've been told that my skin has a natural "good" smell, sweet, so I'm sticking to that.

I do wear body lotion because my skin gets dry sometimes, but I go for lotions or body butters that don't have powerful scents, so they moisturize without masking the smell of my skin. Is that weird?

kimminy
04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
I admit I have never owned a bottle of perfume. I don't know if I would wear it if I got one..maybe on special occasions?

I do like sniffing them up when I go to department stores though :P

Micki k
04-16-2012, 05:30 PM
I tend to use one until I run out or get sick of it. Then I'll move on and try a new scent. Right now I have Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf and a half bottle of Coach.
I will always and forever love Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey. It was a favorite that I wore for years. Maybe thats why I keep changing scents now. I cant find one I love as much as Issey.

baker23
04-16-2012, 05:35 PM
None. I hate the smell of perfume. When I pass anyone wearing some, I want to gag :joker: Especially because most people overdo it, by ALOT

I own a bunch of lotion, and one thing of body spray. My shampoo and body soap smell really good though so I rarely use the body spray... xD

ValRock
04-16-2012, 06:15 PM
I have tons. I'm addicted to the little Harajuku Girls bottles. The scents aren't overpowering, so I like them :).