Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 4 (06/20-06/26)

Bigmid
06-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Hi Team,

Well a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to our biggest losers for the week

Biggest Loser:
Bnhtla06, -3.5lbs, -1.69%

Honorable Mentions:
Beck, -3.4lbs, -1.58%
Bigmid, -2.6lbs, -1.46%
Somni, -3.4lbs, -1.33%

We used 7 Freebies this week with only one of them planned (missed WI time)

We lost 9 players to elimination this week.

I hope anyone who was eliminated comes back to join us as an unofficial member. Remember this is a great place for support the only thing different is your WI won't count towards the team percentage so all the other benefits are yours to enjoy

Well Im off to bed soon so just waiting to post the results til tomorrow or Tuesday.

Have a great night everyone ...... Let's stay strong.:carrot:

dream710
06-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Congrats to our Biggest Loser Bnhtla06!! Way to go Beck, Bigmid,Somni on the honorable mentions.

A Big Congrats to Brizza for making it to onederland!!

I didn't manage to lose anything last week so, I'm hoping for a much more productive week. I struggled with eating junk food last week so I'm gonna focus on eating healthier, moving more and going to bed earlier.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Bigmid
06-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Morning,

Just to let you know.............WE WON:carrot::carrot::D

Great job everyone, now let's see if we can do this again:)

Somni
06-20-2011, 12:12 PM
WOOO GO BLUE TEAM!!! And congrats Bnhtla06, Beck, Bigmid, and all our losers this week! And onderland for Brizza! What an awesome week!
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

Doragone
06-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Yay Blue!!!!

Congratulations to our biggest losers and to our team together - we did it.

I've been on and off plan, haven't exercised except heavy yard work, but I still managed to squeak out a couple pounds. I may post my weight early this week as I'll be out of town over the week end.

Keep on keepin' on, I'm proud of our team.

Dora

DrivenByAmbition
06-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Woo hoo, sorry for the gain! :( I'm glad it didn't hinder us too much though. Great job losers!

PageLynn
06-20-2011, 05:29 PM
OK wow I am sorry I have fallen so off track. I re-started today and my new boyfriend is holding me to it lol. He says he likes me the way I am but knows I want to lose the weight so (as long as its not too much lol) he will help me stick with it. So this is me recommitting to y'all too lol. Good Luck Everyone with this week and the rest of your journeys.

Laura G
06-20-2011, 06:13 PM
:(

Not in a good space this week - haven't been for a while now. My scale will show a big # gain this week, sorry in advance. Maybe this will be a good freebie week.
I gotta admit, I'm in such a bad head space, I'm seriously thinking of quitting this and all wl efforts altogether.
We'll see.

Somni
06-20-2011, 06:55 PM
:(

Not in a good space this week - haven't been for a while now. My scale will show a big # gain this week, sorry in advance. Maybe this will be a good freebie week.
I gotta admit, I'm in such a bad head space, I'm seriously thinking of quitting this and all wl efforts altogether.
We'll see.

I hope you don't do that! :( We're here if you need to talk about anything or work anything out. (And feel free to PM any time if you want instead!)

I got frustrated and quit a couple of years ago and regained most of the weight I lost, and while I try to stay positive most of the time and worry about what's ahead of me not behind me, sometimes I can't help but think where I might have been if I had kept going. Even if I had just maintained my loss, I would have started about 10 lbs higher than I am now instead of 34.

Even if you need to maintain a bit and regroup instead of being focused on losing, you gotta do what you need to do, but quitting sounds so final. :(

CourtneyDaisey
06-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Hello BLUE TEAM! I'm just popping over from the Red Team to say congrats on winning the weigh in this week! Don't get too comfy though! ;) We're going to be chasing you all the way to next week's weigh in! :woops:

Well done everyone! :)

QuillysQuest
06-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Wooooooo!!!!!:cheer3::cheer3: Way to go BLUE!!!:cheer3::cheer3:

:grouphug:

Bnhtla06, Beck, Bigmid, Somni and all our losers this week, you did an AWESOME job this week! Let's keep it up!

Laura - I'm sorry to hear you are having such a bad week so far, but please know that we're with ya. Feel free to pm me too, if there's something you wanna talk about privately.

Believe me, I know how bad those rough patches can hurt and how depressing everything can suddenly seem to be. Hang in there, don't give up entirely yet. Wait til the haze of blah-ness passes, I'm sure things will look better then! We're all behind ya, rooting for you girl! :) :cheer3:

As for me, I caught a cold last week, which was helpful for me at the weigh in, hehehe, but now I'm getting a bit tired of not being able to breathe. :P I am greatly looking forward to being able to get up and start working out again. I so rarely get sick, and this is actually the 3rd time this year for me, I can't believe it! :P ... Anyway, fortunately, my appetite hasn't returned yet, so at least I'm not sitting here gorging on food while waiting for my lungs to work properly again. lol Go me! Hehehe Hopefully that means I'll have at least maintained for the next weigh-in, but who knows?

I may end up having to weigh in early this week as I might not be around to post this weekend. We'll see.

Thanks for stopping by CourtneyDaisy! I appreciate the encouragement and friendly rivalry! And let me say that you are RIGHT you will be chasing us all the way to the scale and beyond! Hahaha! We're going to leave ya in a big puff of blue dust next week! Good luck! :):woohoo:

Good luck everybody! Have a fantastic week!!

GO BLUE!!

Beck
06-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Yay Blue Team!

Laura- Look how far you've come; you are doing such a great job. I know this journey isn't often an easy one, but neither was how we were. You can keep this up because you know what the alternative is. Lean on us and all of the other great people here at 3FC to help get you through. We're in it together. I hope things improve for you this week.

My kids only have 3 more days of school, then summer vacation. I'm so excited to not only have my babies home, but also not having to make the long commute (I drive them to their school- about 1hr away from home). It's a lot of time on the road just sitting, so I hope not having the drive for 2 months will rev up my engines and get my metabolism boosted even more.

Have a great week, everyone, and let's go for another win!

mumtoliam
06-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Hang in there Laura! I know how hard it is! I have been on and off this journey for over ten years!!!! This year I feel that I have to commit to it for my health and future. I started just before Christmas, they opened a Weightwatchers outside my son's swimming lesson pool, and there was a meeting the same time his lesson was on.. it was like the universe was guiding me.

But that has been the only easy thing. I have been on a plateau for quite a while and this week I think I have broken it... I was nearly ready to give in, last night when I weighed in I was down 1.2kg. Weightloss isnt about a quick fix, if you have a lot of weight to lose, its about choosing better lifestyle options. Choose one thing each week to focus on... In the last few weeks my focus has been:
Week 1. drink 6-8 glasses of water each day
Week 2. track every bite
week 3. exercise 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes
week 4. mark off what I eat according to the healthy guidelines... I identified I wasnt eating enough dairy
week 5. weigh each portion so that I am not overestimating or underestimating
week 6. exercise 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes... I am having difficulty with this one this week...

What is you focus for the week?

Bigmid
06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone just heading off to work then I'm actually on holidays until July 4th. Can you say WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

I so need this I'm just a little worried about eating. I am more focused when at work (no nibbling time)

I'm coming back for personals but for now just want to say hang in there Laura. I think we've all hit that wall but with everyone's help we can crush it. If you need to chat feel free to PM me.

I'll be back later.

abetterme
06-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Laura we are here for you! I know it's hard and we are here to talk if you want.

brizza
06-21-2011, 04:31 PM
This is going to be a hard week for me..... Hopefully i will be able to eat right because i don t think i'll be able to hit the gym... (my left knee is hurting)
I really want to do this but it seems that every week there has to be something that stops me from going all hardcore :( :) hope i dont gain though...

bnhtla06
06-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Hang in there Laura. I love reading your posts and words of encouragement every week. This team needs you. I don't know what's going on in your life right now, but I'm know we've all hit rough patches. I've always carried around so much self-loathing because of my weight and when I experienced hard times, it just made it that much harder to pull myself out of the depression. Now, when I feel like a failure because of things in my life (and that includes the scale, by the way), I use my little successes to push myself back up. You've acheived SO much in your weightloss fight so far. Even if the scale doesn't budge, you can still take pride in the fact that you stuck to your eating plan for a whole day, or completed your exercise, or refused that cupcake in the break room, etc.... Every step we take is an accomplishment that we can be really proud of.

Laura G
06-21-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry team. I really appreciate everyone's well wishes and kind offers of PM'ing. I just don't know what's wrong with me. I'm tired of trying and getting nowhere. For those of you who are looking at my ticker - my highest weight was in 2001, and I went from 336 to 292 that year. Since 2002 I've gone from 292 to 275 - big friggin' deal! a 10 year plateau of + or - 15 lbs. Ok, better than gaining, but my body just doesn't want to bust this damn weight. I was doing so well on IP - I lost 10 lbs in 10 days, and then gained it all back when I couldn't stick to the plan. I know the plan works, but I'm sick of it already. Am I just trying to sabotage myself? Did I become afraid of success? Somehow, I just don't give a flying-you-know-what anymore. My blog says it's for my daughter, but not even that is motivation right now. I just feel so useless, stupid, fat and lazy and like such a failure. (maybe I'll pop on over to the dealing with depression threads.....)
So, I'll still be here, and try not to gain too much - for my team.
Sorry.

CourtneyDaisey
06-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Laura - :hug: :hug: :hug: Please stay. We all care about you and want you to beat this depression. :hug: :hug: :hug:

abetterme
06-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Hey team,
Well I fell off the wagon the past few days. It started with a bag of dark chocolate chips. Obviously, now I know that I cannot handle sweets in the house, even if they are burried in the bottom drawer. I am still fully aware they are there. I bought them for an occassional nibble when I felt like I had a rough day or had a tiny craving, but I had way too much and the bag is gone now.
Father's Day was worse since my DH and I and our daughter went to Applebees for dinner that night. I made a mistake and got something horrible and greasy and actually grossed me out. I am glad I didn't eat it all, but I had enough.
I have been visiting my parents the past few days. I go home tomorrow. I just really have been struggling with my eating ever since last WI. It said I gained a lb. I know I used a freebie when I should have just been accountable, but I felt pretty ashamed. I know we are all on this journey together and we all have our ups and downs and we shouldn't feel ashamed to not weigh in. I guess we should just remember to try better for the next day and keep on truckin' along. I have a renewed motivation now that I will be going back home tomorrow. All the sweets are out of the house (I hope) and I will get back into my routine. I was just upset that I worked pretty hard that week and gained a lb. That's when I bought the chocolate chips!
Well anyways, tomorrow will be easier. I will try to train my mind not to want to eat just to eat. I expect a possible gain for next WI and will be lucky if I just maintained.
Laura- I hope you stay in the challenge and don't give up. We love having you here! I hope things get better for you.

QuillysQuest
06-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Kelsey - Keep your chin up girl, a one lb gain isn't a big deal, it's merely a fluctuation. It doesn't necessarily reflect all the efforts you've put in that week.

It's totally understandable to feel like throwing caution to the wind when you have a set back like that, to give up just a tiny bit and make some choices that are self sabotaging almost like it's a way of getting back at your body for not losing the weight.

Hehehe It's almost like you have this unconscious argument with your body when it gives a small gain like that and you can almost hear yourself telling it "Oh yeah? Well if you're not going to lose the weight then I'm going to show YOU! I'm going to eat this and that and this over here, and THEN you'll know what it's really like to be fat!" <insert maniacal laugh here>

But of course, the body is just like, "Alright, bring it on!" and that gives a WHOLE new meaning to the term "Food Fight!" doesn't it? Hehehehehe :lol:

Just don't let yourself get too bogged down in lobbing chocolate chips, pizza, fried chicken or whatever at your body and waiting for it to retaliate the next time you get on the scale! Just move on and make the choices you think will guide you toward your own happiness from here on out, ya know?

And please don't feel ashamed to post your real weight here instead of taking a freebie. If there is one place on earth where you won't be judged for a gain, I'm pretty sure it's here! We're all here to support each other after all, I never get the feeling anybody is judging anybody here. I hope you don't either.

Laura - I know how it feels to be at the same weight for so long no matter what you do. Before I moved to Sweden in 2002, I was 237 lbs. Always. NOTHING I did could change that. No diets, no exercise routines. No over eating, nothing. I only fluctuated around 2 lbs up or down no matter what I did or ate. Then I moved to Sweden and I ended up gaining like 20 lbs. And since gaining it I was back to the same issue. Neither up nor down, I could not get my weight to move despite all my best efforts, diets, calorie counting, working out, whatever. For the past 7 years. So, I'm right there with ya on the frustration side of things, lemme tell ya.

However, my renewed weight loss journey that I just started in May this year, after taking like a year and a half off of trying anything at all, has already begun to pay off for me. And the reason for that is that I am no longer focusing on what I don't want. I'm no longer focusing on how hard it is to lose weight or how I never do. I am no longer focusing on how bad I look or the things that I think are always holding me back.

Instead, I'm focusing on a lifestyle change, and weight loss is a happy part of that. I am no longer avoiding doing yard work that I've wanted done for years just because it means I'll have to do a lot of bending and pulling and stuff that makes me slightly uncomfortable. I am looking at every single thing that I would like to do or have done and I'm examining up close why I don't do whatever it is. If it's just an excuse, I push past the feeling of having a good excuse not to do it, and I do it anyway. I am challenging every excuse I give myself that causes me to be inactive or not pay attention to my life.

What I'm saying is that even if you feel stuck in your weight loss journey, losing weight doesn't have to be the only part of the journey, and the scale doesn't have to be the only way to measure your success.

Why not focus on something else for a while, something that does not negate the weight loss you've been working toward. Instead of feeling guilty about your daughter not being a big enough motivator for you, why not just focus on taking her out to play? Even if you get winded or achy or whatever. Let yourself experience the joys you are reaching for now, instead of putting them off til "someday when I lose the weight", even if they make you a bit uncomfortable. Because at least you'll be living your life and not putting it off til later, ya know?

Losing weight shouldn't be only about diets and routines and the scale. It should be about reaching out for the things you want in life, the activity, the friends, the family, the experiences that you think will bring you joy. It should be about LIVING the way you want to live, and letting the weight fall off naturally as you adjust your body to be able to live the life you really want.

I'm glad you decided to stick around. :):hug:

:cheer3:Go BLUE!:cheer3:

Bigmid
06-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Hi everyone,
Well I had a good day today it was the first day of my vacation. I had all these plans to do things and now Im just sitting at home doing nothing.....It's great. I know I'll be bored soon though.

Nancy and I are heading to Saskatoon next week so Im hoping to see some old friends that I have there and we are staying with her cousin and it will be really nice to see her again as well.....it's been awhile.

dream - how goes the effort of a more productive week and getting to bed earilier. It can be hard sometimes as there never seem to be enough hours in the day.

Dora - heavy yard work is great exercise we can't under estimate how hard working outside really is. Congrats on the couple pounds that's awesome.

DrivenByAmbition - no worries about the gain....it's a whole new week:)

PageLynn - That's nice that you have a new support system in place I hope you have a great week.

Beck - I hope you enjoy having the kids at home, that is a crazy drive to have to do everyday. It will be nice to have that kind of break.

Vanessa - Wow that is a bit of a sign and handy too that the meeting was the same time as lessons. It really is good just going back to the basics and just changing one thing at a time. If you only have to focus on one thing it really doesn't seem as difficult and only adding one more change at a time seems manageable. Great advice.

brizza - I hope your knee is okay and it's just some muscle sorness. Even if you do some exercises from a sitting position they will be helpful. (Bicept curls, shoulder raises, leg extensions, etc.) oh and ice really helps too.

bnhtla06 - Thank you for the reminder that it really is our little successes that make the biggest difference:carrot:

Laura - I'm glad your sticking around and remember to not beat yourself up for feeling like you do. This is all part of the journey....the sucky part but still part. I have been feeling that way for the last few months myself and thinking I'm the same (or heavier ) than last year what have I done this last year, is it worth it, why me, but somehow in the last week I am starting to feel better about it and I am now moving forward again.
Don't get me wrong I had 1 good week and a loss then next day did a self sabatoge with food so mentally I'm still not 100% but it is better and you will get there too.

Kelsey - don't let a couple bad days bring you down we have all been there and will be in that position again.

Also for everyone, please never feel bad about posting a gain....yes this is a challange (game) but the reality is this is life and gains happen to everyone. If you want to post that gain to be accountable instead of taking a Freebie then do just that. This is your challenge and it is unique to everyone. This is a place for you all to feel comfortable to talk about your struggles, fears, wins, achievements anything.

Remember we are all here for the same reason and we have all had the same type of weigh related struggles so this is the perfect place to feel safe about sharing. At least that what I feel it should be. That what the team spirit is about.

Quilly - Thanks for sharing your story and wise words. We really do need to live our life not just exisit in it. Which just existing is what I mostly do and I would really love to start living it again. I hope that you are feeling better this week.

Well it's 11pm here so I guess I should get going. I hope you all have a wonderful sleep and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

abetterme
06-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Just to clarify, I was just mad at myself for gaining and didn't want to put the weight in. I never feel judged by putting in a gain, but that particular day I just wanted to put in the freebie. I didn't want to post yet another gain. Nobody should feel they shouldn't be able to post their gains. I really just was annoyed at myself and didn't want to see it on the screen. It won't happen again.

Today I plan on starting my old Slim in Six dvd. Has anyone ever done it? I have done it in the past. It's a good workout.
So anyways, I hope everyone has a good day today.

myhaloisintheshop
06-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Its been a rough week. HUGE intense cravings! ugh! TOM showed up a week early so it makes sense why I struggled. It was great to see the water weight was gone this morning though!

Laura G
06-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Bigmid - have fun in Saskatoon! I live about 2 1/2 hrs west in LLoyd, and I love gettig to the cities!

Thank you everyone for your kindness. I'll post my wi tomorrow.

Bigmid
06-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Hi everyone,
I just got back from Nancy's house. We went for a walk today it was very nice out while we were walking. We did 8.70km :)

Kelsey - I understand why you used the freebie and freebies are there for what ever you want to use them for. I was only saying that I hope no one on here ever feels they have to use one for a gain. I know all about the feeling that crazy scale gives us when we see a gain. It took me forever to change my ticker weight back up:( Slowly it is going down again though.

myhaloisintheshop - I hope you get over the cravings....there the worst

Laura - Thanks I'm looking forward to it. I've been to Lloyd before it's a nice place. Been many years now though. I didn't realize that Saskatoon was only 2.5 hrs away.

Well still trying to figure out what to wear to my neices grad on Monday. I have a dress (that is very pretty) but I keep thinking I'm to old to wear it. Crazy it was a final sale and I bought it but now I'm not sure I'll ever wear it. I need to find a little sweater to go with it now too. I guess final decision will be the weather on Monday as well. Nice out = the dress; rainy out = skirt and blouse. I really don't like myself in anything as all I see in the mirror is the person I was at 238lbs. I get small glimpses of a smaller me and then they dissappear. I really need to see the other me. Hope that come eventually. Actually I had that in October when I hit 162 I felt good and thought I looked pretty good, now I'm back down to 174 (after xmas high of 184) and I still don't see it. I need to up my running again and maybe that will widdle the middle some more again.

Anyway I hope you all have a great night, hello to the rest of the Blue Team too.

Been very quiet on here this week.

Beck
06-24-2011, 10:27 AM
First day of school vacation! It was nice to sleep in a bit today, especially since we came home late from an Indigo Girls concert.

I haven't been able to exercise this week due to a jacked up knee; I've got to get in to see an orthopedic doc; the groove at the end of my femur is very shallow, so the kneecap slips a lot, and I've done some damage with the running I think. I've stayed on plan with eating and have lost 2.4lbs since Sunday (hope for a bit more by this week's weigh-in!), but have felt so hungry all week.

Hope everyone has a good weekend; see you at weigh-in!

Laura G
06-24-2011, 03:48 PM
So, I'm totally and utterly confused! On Monday I weighed in at 275 - and of course we all saw the fall out all week of me being bitter, angry, disappointed and frustrated. As of yesterday morning, I was still at 271 and completely ready to post my gain. This morning, for my official wi, I'm 265. How is that even possible? I beleive in the Whoosh Fairy, but seriously? I even moved the scale around to different spots in my bathroom to make sure - and yep, everytime it said 265. So, really, 8 lbs gained and 10 lbs lost this week. WTH?

bnhtla06
06-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Congrats, Laura! I'm so excited for you.

I'm telling you, scales are evil. They are the first wave of machines sent to break humans down so we have no fight left in us when the terminators come. When I first started this weight loss deal, the scale alone dictated whether I had a great day or a terrible day. Every day, same routine: pull the scale out (make sure it's exactly lined up in the same spot on the tiles as the day before), strip my jammies off and step on naked, hold my breath and take a peek...get off and on 5 more times praying the stupid number would change (or wouldn't change, if it was a good number)... all to find out if I'd be feeling like a champion or feeling like crap for the rest of that particular day. I finally decided I couldn't keep letting the scale turn me into this bipolar wreak every morning. If I hadn't learned to focus on non-scale acheivements, I would be in the loonybin right now.

Savor this victory, but don't let the scale dictate your life. We can't let the machines win this war!

Somni
06-25-2011, 01:00 PM
So, I'm totally and utterly confused! On Monday I weighed in at 275 - and of course we all saw the fall out all week of me being bitter, angry, disappointed and frustrated. As of yesterday morning, I was still at 271 and completely ready to post my gain. This morning, for my official wi, I'm 265. How is that even possible? I beleive in the Whoosh Fairy, but seriously? I even moved the scale around to different spots in my bathroom to make sure - and yep, everytime it said 265. So, really, 8 lbs gained and 10 lbs lost this week. WTH?

Hah I went through a smaller fluctuation this week. I was down 2 lbs for several days, then I was finally back to eating close to normal calories/ww pts since having the wisdom teeth out and suddenly up 3 lbs. That gain seemed to be sticking on the scale so I figured it was rebound from being so extreme low calorie for over a week. I expected this morning to end up with a 1 lb gain or, at best, no movement this week. I wasn't upset, but you know, not throwing parades either. But today the scale was back down -2.6, so for the official WI I still netted a 1.6 loss this week. That scale can sure mess with you. :p

Congrats Laura! :)

dream710
06-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Hello Blue Team!!

Congrats Laura on the loss :carrot:

Bigmid- I so know how you feel about looking in the mirror. I struggle with that a lot, everyone says I look so great but I look in the mirror I see that 235 lb girl from years ago. I wonder will we ever be able to truely get past that image of what we used to be and see ourselves as we really are.

I had such high hopes for this week, but a stressful week at work and at home, left me sleep deprived and eating all the wrong things. I haven't stepped on the scale in a couple of days...I'm too scared to, my pants are tighter so I know its not gonna be good. *crosses fingers* hopefully its not as bad as I think its gonna be.

QuillysQuest
06-26-2011, 04:38 AM
Ok, I've gotta say I'm slightly relieved. I was going to post my weigh-in early this week, on Thursday. I had been sick with a cold all of last week and hadn't done any exercise at all, but also was barely eating. As a result, last week I lost 3 lbs. So, I thought it would be better for me to do the weigh in on Thursday this week because I was going out of town for the weekend and wasn't sure I would be back in time to post my numbers, but also, I thought I'd still be able to ride that not eating thing for another week. But I think the scale was on to my evil plan.

I ended up eating fairly regularly again for the first time on Wednesday. Getting all my calories, not going over. And on Thursday morning, I looked in the mirror and it was like I could see all 3 of the lbs I'd lost last week back on my face again. :P And sure enough, I got on the scale and I'd gained 1.3 kg which is almost 3lbs. I was really bummed about it, and decided that I'd wait it out and weigh in this morning instead, and if I missed it, I'd just take the freebie.

But, I got on the scale this morning, after two days of eating not so great because of parties and stuff for midsummer, and I had only gained one pound since last week. I know a gain isn't what I'm going for, but I'm relieved to see that it's at least only 1 lb! I think somehow a lot of us ended up on a strange fluctuation wave this week!

Laura - I'm so glad you ended up losing all that weight you gained and then some this week! How awesome is that??!! :) Congrats!

Somni - I'm glad you told us about that fluctuation thing too, because I was considering just taking the freebie and not bothering to let the scale try to knock me around this morning, but your experience changed my mind on giving it a try. :) Thanks!

"I'm telling you, scales are evil. They are the first wave of machines sent to break humans down so we have no fight left in us when the terminators come."

LOL!!! That's great bnhtla! That should be on a magnet somewhere. I totally agree too. No reason that the scale should dictate our moods or our self worth. NSV's are what are really important, living and not avoiding your life or putting it off, those are some major NSVs and the best way to undermine the plan of the terminators!

Beck - I'm glad the kids are finally off school and you don't have to make that long drive anymore. And wow 2.4? That's great!

Bigmid - Wear the dress!! :) Unless it's the kinda thing that is so super sexy that it wouldn't be appropriate for a graduation, don't worry about whether it looks to "young" for you or not! Come on girl! Age is a state of mind! If you've got a dress you love, you need to wear that dress! :) Feel good about yourself in that dress, feel the age you think is appropriate for the dress and enjoy! :) Live it up! No excuses!

Kelsey - Yeah, I totally understand what you're saying. Sorry if my response kinda gave the wrong impression about what you had said originally. I get like that too, this week, even though I'm not embarrassed or feeling bad for POSTING a gain, it still bugs me a bit that it's a gain at all, so I know where you're coming from.

Good luck on the weigh in today Bluezers!!

Go Blue!!

KayakGal
06-26-2011, 10:57 AM
It has been a very stressful week. Hopefully next week will be more calm. I am finding it hard to get much computer time. I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend so far.

dream710
06-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Good Luck Blue on the weigh in!

PageLynn
06-26-2011, 11:04 AM
kayakgal I am the same way...finding it hard to be on as much as I would like. I barely have time for school as well. Ugh I need to find my balance again. At least the scale is going back down and my eating is better.

Soon2BFitChick
06-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Hey girlies!!! :wave:

Been missing yall, just so busy lately. Read thru the posts and noticed a couple here I wanna respond to real quick.

Bigmid, OMG! I am having this exact same issue. I've had it since I lost to under 200. I feel almost the same as when I was 277. I always thought I'd feel great, I'd know I looked good, etc. NO. I feel the same, except not as tired or unfit as then. I feel actually that I look worse because I'm saggy but mainly can hide that under clothes. Mostly doesn't matter because I work on toning alot so arms look ok in sleeveless. But inner thighs and belly.. awwwful. :( I forget I can shop in regular sizes too, lol. I head for plus every time I'm at a store. Then remember, then go to XL and sommmmmetimes, Large in the reg section. Very strange when you have been obese since you were 5. Right now I'm about 18 lbs from not even being overweight. Very strange. Hmm, what else? When people hug me they exclaim how tiny I am now. 163 isn't tiny but I guess since I'm 114 lbs down, I am compared to then. But I'm pear shaped so my hips are still 43". Not tiny. LOL. Luckily my waist is now under the heart condition risk factor size. I was 34 last time I measured. When I first measured my body, it wasn't at my largest, it was at about 255 lbs I think?? My hips then were 61", waist was 49". So I KNOW I'm smaller.

And also, I just can't help thinking, when certain people treat me better now, more kind, how can people be so shallow? I'm good enough to be granted their attention now, but wasn't when I was heavy. I'm the exact SAME person. I know what I knew, I act like I did, I even have the same amount of self esteem. I never cared if I was heavy, was so used to it, (still alwaysss tried to lose because you are never truly content heavy, either because of society or because you can't run up stairs and want to, whatever reason,I still dressed up and all that back then, did the same things... I know some people change when they lose but I guarantee you, I've always been the way I am and do what I do, think what I think.

But the certain people who are more receptive to me now are snobbier to fat people than my real friends. So it makes me see I would rather not be part of their group. I include any and all kinds and shapes in my own life. So I see that they aren't part of that. Why should I allow that? I'm happy with my friends who were there throughout it all. They saw ME before. And loved ME. Didn't matter what size I was.

Always remember that you matter. Doesn't have anything to do with what others see, think or say about you. I learned that young. And I believe it. And if you think that way, then people who just wanna hang out because you all the sudden look good, they aren't the people for you. They are fair weather friends. If you can call them friends. (TO Bigmid, wear that dresssss!!! And I don't know if you have had any of the people instances I have, just needed to vent about that~ so thanks for listening!!! Would love to hear of others who have lost some and what people's reactions have been??)

Ok, off my soapbox :soap:

And to Laura, YES! I have gained and lost 10 in a week. I had lotsa salt at one point, even now this morning I show 170. No way tho, just no way. So don't care what the scale says. I weigh every day just to marvel and laugh at what it'll say and I do write it on my calendar to look for patterns, etc and to watch for when pms starts and how I bloat up then, etc. But do NOT give it power it doesn't deserve. Also, the heavier you are at any point, the more it'll fluctuate. Mine usually goes up and down about 6 lbs one way or the other. I used to go up to 10 tho. So no biggie. IGNORE the idiot scale. :) Hugs!!!

Selina :hug:

Bigmid
06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi everyone just 2 hours left to WI.

NancyO
06-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi Blue Team, popping in quick to say hi, but I'll post more later!

Hope everyone's having a great day!