Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 09:56 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday, January 9th

Good Morning,

Wow the boards gave me a work out this morning so I must be quick here (for now )

Its almost Friday, TG ! Gotta get better at this night eating, I'm not doing REAL bad but not what I want to be at either. Guess I better stock up on some veggies and ff dip cause I'm wanting to chew on the furniture at night

I'll catch you guys later.

Love, Leenie
Old 01-09-2003, 10:30 AM   #2  

Red face Just got home from nights

Off to bed...will check in later!

Liz
Old 01-09-2003, 10:54 AM   #3  

Leens I chew lots of gum. I know it isn't the most attractive thing but it keeps my mouth busy.

Pretty slow here today. Joe is leaving to go hunting again today. He told me this is his last weekend to go so I am tahnkful for that. He doe have one more hunt but it is around the 21st and it is way over in Texas. Then thankfully he won't be going away on the weekends any more.

I hope all of you guys are staying warm and being good. Chat with you all later!
Old 01-09-2003, 11:29 AM   #4  

Hello everyone.

I still have the GI Blues. I spent more time on the throne than I did in the bed last night. I should invest in a tiara. Chris says he alway knew I was full of it but....... I am getting a lot of reading in. If I had some wallpaper or paint I could get the bathroom pretty'd up. It is a half bath so I'd never have to leave my seat.

Leens hope you feel better soon.

Tippy I will be checking out the crockpot site. I like the idea of tossing potatoes in to bake. Had never thought of that.

Cathy I'm glad your son is doing better.

Meg and Linda, I missed you last night. I didn't bother to go to chat. Instead I went on to bed. Will try and catch you tonite.

Kemp, congrats on the 3.5 lb loss.

Think I will go snatch the remote from Chris and pop in a video and do some exercise. Will catch you all later.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:44 AM   #5  

Well Hello and howdy hi to everyone! It's snowing a bit today. Was a record breaking warm temp yesterday and the neighbor was spreading manure on the field across from our house. Was glad the wind was coming from the west!
I'm trying a new recipe tonight with red snapper cooked in foil with sugar peas and lemon slices. I want to put some baking potatoes in the crockpot in a few minutes to go with that.
Am doing some cleaning and such...boring!
I haven't received my book about the ChangeOne diet yet. I have been spending some time on the site though and I'm not sure that I'm not going to cancel my membership to it. Gotta give it a little while to get going better. For one thing, anyone can go in there and read the forums. Why bother being a member if there is no privacy? Well, we'll see............!
Old 01-09-2003, 01:12 PM   #6  

Hi everyone,

I should have come here yesterday....had a bad day....real sad & down....all these thoughts running through my head....about my DH & wanting to go back east to live & be in the same city as my birth family....the counselor said it's the depression talking.

It started on Tuesday evening ....talked to my sister from back east....who talked about my DH being domineering & not giving an inch....he has changed a lot over the years....for the better....I have wanted to move back east ever since I have been depressed....more than 20 years....when I am not depressed....I can handle living here without my birth family.

By the evening yesterday I was feeling better. Today I am feeling good.....have been going for the light therapy every morning this week.

Have a busy day today. Will come back later.

April
Old 01-09-2003, 01:17 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Sweetpea, do you mean you have the GI Track Blues, wait doesn't Elvis have that too sorry I just couldn't resist

Kem, my hubby used to hunt too, when I met him he had just given it up because he couldn't find the time (boy am I greatful), I mean I don't mind him hunting, I just don't like it when they bring stuff home ick. His family are very good hunters, they are very respectful to nature and they don't hunt just to get rack, they really hunt for the meat, they love it (ick). lol

Liz, nighty night

Tip let us know how the recipie turns out. Never thought about cooking fish in the crock.

April good to see your feeling better. I'm so glad the light therapy is helping.......amazing isn't it (what they can do today).

Catch you later
Old 01-09-2003, 01:27 PM   #8  

Hi everyone.....Ok Tip, Leens, Sweet....here I am!!!

I did post my bio on the bio's page too!!!

Hi to everyone else that I dont know...YET....I used to come here a lot back in the days of weight watchers.....and then when I fell off the wagon I fell off the site.....now I am back and at it again....only I am doing it with atkins low-carbing!!!...I have seen more results with the atkins diet in a month than I saw on weight watchers in a year!!!....

I am working on getting my little one and the other 2 yr old I babysit down for naps....then I get to shower...YIPPEEEEE......talk to you all later.....and Sweet.....you could get the dress up kit from the toy store and go all out for your throne.....ha ha ha

Take care, Lisa
Old 01-09-2003, 01:39 PM   #9  

Leens, the fish packets go in the oven. I'll let you all know how it turns out!
Old 01-09-2003, 03:25 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh Tip, when you mention your cooking, I automatically think CROCK......pot that is

Good to see you Mom
Old 01-09-2003, 04:04 PM   #11  

I am sooo bored at this moment. the bad thing about times like this is I want to eat.

I just thought I would share that with you guys. lol
Old 01-09-2003, 06:22 PM   #12  

Leens...this wouldn't be so bad if Elvis was sitting there singing to me...well, maybe not. He died in the bathroom so that might not be a good sign.

Mom if this continues I will have to get that dress-up kit. I'd at least feel very special wouldn't I?

Fish in the crockpot. I splurged yesterday and bought fresh catfish at the store. I bought 2 lbs. It looked so fresh and I've been hungry for fish. I will look at crockpot sight and see if any recipe looks good to me.

I ate earlier...my stuffed bell pepper from the other night. It tasted okay. I think it was just me. My stomach was growling so thought I better feed it.

Think I will go and lay down for a bit.....
Old 01-09-2003, 07:31 PM   #13  

Hey everyone! Haven't posted for for a bit. Not too great here. I though I had pulled myself out of the depression about my parents and then Rich and I had a huge fight. Full, blown out who-knows-if-the-marriage-will-survive kind. After crying for days I'm finally calm and have a wait and see attitude. This morning I wrote a 3 pg typed letter to him so maybe he will understand what I'm trying to say; he certainly isn't HEARING what I'm saying. So we will see what happens. I don't know if this is part of being upset over my parents or something separate. I got to thinking about how my parents are withering away and how time is slipping by for me; if my life is going to be different I have to make changes and unfortunately Rich has to make some too. Evolution is a *****... I hope to get in to see my counselor soon.

Glad to hear everyone is still existing. We had the stomach flu over Christmas and it was a heck of a way to lose 8 lbs. Too bad it didn't stay off!
Old 01-09-2003, 08:12 PM   #14  

Marleah, I've written letters to my DH and to my children too. It puts it right THERE in black and white for them to read over and over if necessary. Also, we can tell them our feelings and needs without getting all emotional. Usually, when I get emotional, DH feels inadequate cause men have to "fix" things. I hope that your DH listens to you and understands. I've been married to Dh for almost 24 years and he still doesn't always understand me.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:24 PM   #15  

marleah .........about the fight with your DH & being upset.....I told my counselor....about being sad & crying...& thinking about leaving my DH....she said it is the depression talking....could that be the same with you?

I had a busy day today....went for light therapy at 8:30 A.M....then at 11 went for appointment with the counselor....then at 1:30 went for a 2 hour class on living with depression. When I got home...I was so tired....I went downstairs & had a nap on the couch.

I feel good today. The counselor said...that I will go next week for light therapy....then maybe the week after. She recommended that I buy a light box & use it from October to April. She said....I will probably always suffer from depression....that it doesn't matter what it is caused by...whether it is Seasonal Affective Disorder or just depression....it can be managed....that I should continue to take an antidepressant.

This afternoon I went to a class on Living with Depression...it is for 8 weeks. This week we are going to make small goals....maybe I will walk for 5 minutes once this week....then increase it every week.

I told her about the call from my D sister...she said the reaction I had was normal....upset like I was.

I should go & have supper now.

April

Last edited by april99; 01-09-2003 at 09:30 PM.
Closed Thread