South Beach Diet - Phase 1 Redux

View Full Version : Phase 1 Redux

CyndiM
06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Tomorrow I'm off to Trader Joes to stock-up (it's an hour and a half so we don't go a lot), just in time to restart Phase 1 on Monday. I thought it might be fun to make a list of go to foods for the next week.

My recipe list includes:

egg muffins & refried beans
cauliflower alfredo
salads with salmon (I found microwavable single portion wild salmon, perfect for the top of a salad when I'm on the run) & tzatziki as dressing
mock tuna salad on mixed green salad
Avocado gazpacho
Veggie sausage and beans with lots of veggies
raw kale salad
grilled veggies and veggie sausages

I'm going to automate breakfast and lunch - egg muffins and refried beans for breakfast, salads with protein (tuna, salmon or mock tuna salad) for lunch. Snacks will include rf string cheese, kefir, & crunchy raw veggies.

Mmckellen
06-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Here's my automation; I'm also starting Phase 1 for two weeks as of Monday.
-I made lunch for the week: I roasted chick peas and eggplant, and sauteed zucchini with lemon for a lunch salad.
-breakfast will be chia pudding, made with unsweenetened hemp milk.

I've actually shopped for and set up my my breakfasts, lunches and snacks for the whole week:
-b: chia pudding
-s: hummos with cucumbers
-l: salad as described above
-s: cheese stick
-d: tbd but in place: meat and a veggie.
Thanks Cyndi!!

CyndiM
06-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Do you roast the chick peas and eggplant together? Sounds delish and if it stays cool I might try a batch.

Mmckellen
06-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Today I did. The chick peas did not get super crunchy, and will also soften up after being mixed in with everything, but I bought a double sized can of chick peas, and cut up one eggplant, and tossed them both with 4 tbsp. olive oil (figured 4 servings) and some Ms. Dash, at 425 for 20m mins. Then mixed in 2 zuccini sauteed with 1 tbsp. oo and 1/2 juice lemon. Figured 4-5 servings for all.

cottagebythesea
06-12-2011, 08:10 AM
I'll be roasting up a batch of chickpeas today to go in my salads and for snacking on for the week.
Yesterday I made up a list of recipes and wrote up a grocery list for my run to Trader Joe's today. It's been a while since I last did Phase 1, so I had to re-check the food lists! If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right.
I did re-consider if I wanted to put it off for another week since I have two food events this week to get through, but I think I'll be OK. Besides, then the rest of you would be a whole week ahead of me, and I don't want that to happen!