3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase 1 Redux (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/235380-phase-1-redux.html)

CyndiM 06-11-2011 05:15 PM

Phase 1 Redux

Tomorrow I'm off to Trader Joes to stock-up (it's an hour and a half so we don't go a lot), just in time to restart Phase 1 on Monday. I thought it might be fun to make a list of go to foods for the next week.

My recipe list includes:
  • egg muffins & refried beans
  • cauliflower alfredo
  • salads with salmon (I found microwavable single portion wild salmon, perfect for the top of a salad when I'm on the run) & tzatziki as dressing
  • mock tuna salad on mixed green salad
  • Avocado gazpacho
  • Veggie sausage and beans with lots of veggies
  • raw kale salad
  • grilled veggies and veggie sausages

I'm going to automate breakfast and lunch - egg muffins and refried beans for breakfast, salads with protein (tuna, salmon or mock tuna salad) for lunch. Snacks will include rf string cheese, kefir, & crunchy raw veggies.

Mmckellen 06-11-2011 08:23 PM

Here's my automation; I'm also starting Phase 1 for two weeks as of Monday.
-I made lunch for the week: I roasted chick peas and eggplant, and sauteed zucchini with lemon for a lunch salad.
-breakfast will be chia pudding, made with unsweenetened hemp milk.

I've actually shopped for and set up my my breakfasts, lunches and snacks for the whole week:
-b: chia pudding
-s: hummos with cucumbers
-l: salad as described above
-s: cheese stick
-d: tbd but in place: meat and a veggie.
Thanks Cyndi!!

CyndiM 06-11-2011 08:27 PM

Do you roast the chick peas and eggplant together? Sounds delish and if it stays cool I might try a batch.

Mmckellen 06-11-2011 08:32 PM

Today I did. The chick peas did not get super crunchy, and will also soften up after being mixed in with everything, but I bought a double sized can of chick peas, and cut up one eggplant, and tossed them both with 4 tbsp. olive oil (figured 4 servings) and some Ms. Dash, at 425 for 20m mins. Then mixed in 2 zuccini sauteed with 1 tbsp. oo and 1/2 juice lemon. Figured 4-5 servings for all.

cottagebythesea 06-12-2011 07:10 AM

I'll be roasting up a batch of chickpeas today to go in my salads and for snacking on for the week.
Yesterday I made up a list of recipes and wrote up a grocery list for my run to Trader Joe's today. It's been a while since I last did Phase 1, so I had to re-check the food lists! If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right.
I did re-consider if I wanted to put it off for another week since I have two food events this week to get through, but I think I'll be OK. Besides, then the rest of you would be a whole week ahead of me, and I don't want that to happen!