Old 05-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #1  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Default Scared...never been here before

This morning I hit the 270's, I don't know when the last time I was 270 was. I don't ever remember being under 280. My pants and skirts are now a size 20 AT MY WAIST! not my hips like they always were before, but at my waist! I sit here and think. How do I do this? I don't know how to be 270 then I think, I dont know how to be 26, 250,220 or even 200 lbs either. its so different, its so new. It scares me. Many people say that the journey changes them as a person, I don't want to change as a person, I want to be me only skinnier. I want to be able to buy clothes from any store I please. How do I retain ME while still bettering myself. I don't know how to do this.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I've been thinking about this subject lately... I look at myself in the mirror and it's weird. I've never been this weight ever in my adult life.

But here's the thing. My relationship with food has changed. My relationship with exercise has changed. My mindset regarding my body has changed. But nothing else has.

Who you are as a person is not defined by the number on the scale. You still are who you've always been. You change habits! I don't feel that my personality has changed.
thaisccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Agree with Thaisccs..well said.. and fair play to you..

I think you as a person will remain the same as your waistline decreases.. i also wondered this as i am pretty happy out and outgoing , but i recon as the scale goes down the only thing that will change is your increasing confidence and the happiness that your getting closer and closer to your goal I want to be me only skinnier. I want to be able to buy clothes from any store I please.

well thats my 2 cents ... good luck..
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #5  
On a weight loss journey

Height: 5'2"

I think people change with weight loss, but I don't think the fundamentals of our personalities change, but mostly our outlook. I've been thin and now I am big and really the only thing that's changed is my body confidence. When you reach 260, 250 and so on, you'll just be a happier, healthier you who knows what you're able to accomplish!
HappilyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #6  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Thanks everyone Its just daunting and surreal ya know? I have never been small since I was 9, even then I was 90 lbs so not real small I guess. Its surreal. I dont ever remember being this weight, I am sure I was at one point, but I dont remember it. Its just weird
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep it up!

As for changing, I think we do all change. You might be more confident, more willing to try things you didn't try before. Like I want to run a 5k. I would have NEVER thought about that before. I know that when I become comfortable with myself, I will wear clothes that I thought only "skinny" girls could wear. The change will be for the positive.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote