Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #1  

Angry Christian Encouragers #160

If you would like encouragement during your weight loss journey. . . . . . come join us. We pray for each other in hard times and praise each other in good times. It's a wonderful group of people all on the road to a better lifestyle and way of eating so that we can praise and serve our Lord better.

Come on!!!!
Old 01-02-2003, 02:56 PM   #2  

hello everyone...hope everyone is having a great day so far! I posted last night ...I'm a newbie to this forum... Thanks Mrshummer for the positive message to get my day going! I hope to get to know everyone here....

I went to church last night and I got such a blessing out of it( and it was only the monthly church business meeting) I was asked to teach a youth class.....I did not give them an answer...I told them I would think about it. I have so much going on in my life....work, family, college class....but I have been praying and asking the Lord to lead me to do what he wants me to do.Now I think that this is what he wants me to do? I am a Christian but I have recently rededicated my life back to the Lord. I have been out of church awhile...but I am back into church and trying to lead a Christian life.....so if anyone could send prayers my way...I would really appreciate them.

Anyway....today is day 2 of my diet.....day 1 was going good till supper! My mother-in-law fixed the new years tradition meal, the blackeye peas, hog jowl, and the rest. Well as too say I ate more than i should of....and I felt like I ruined it! I woke up this morning and deciced to do better!

I will close for now..need to fixed dinner for dear hubby! Take care and god bless!
Old 01-02-2003, 10:23 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry THURSDAY NIGHT

HI EVERYONE--
I hope you all had a great holiday season. I see SHERRY is our ROCK as usual (thank-you for keeping this post going dear) we have all had our moments here. WELCOME imhiskid glad to have you here-- someone else came to visit here-- who was that? oh well welcome to you too?

I have been so busy at work, trying to catch up to take a few days off to start the new year-- been busy with chores and getting back to normal?? LOL -- if I was ever normal it would be a miracle--

Did anyone look up the Readers Digest diet? Oprah had a diet show on today-- caught part of it-- you guys can do anything!! There were some great storys today-- lives changed so dramatically with exercise and healthy eating habits-- NOT STARVING yourselves. It takes time gals-- I am so proud of some of the success this year --ZOE-- is our hero for the present!!

Well I gotta get back to the Orange Bowl to see USC win (I hope)
Later--IN HIS LOVE-Gary
Old 01-03-2003, 08:52 AM   #4  

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Thank you so much for welcoming me back. You all were such a help to me EVERYDAY when I was here before.

Are we still weighing in on a certain day? That accountability was the best for me.

Don't know how often I can visit but I will check in.

Thanks again........

God Bless,

Lori
Old 01-03-2003, 09:16 AM   #5  

Angry Friday Morning

Good FRIDAY Morning to EVERYONE!!!!!

How is everyone doing this morning? I made me a journal/diary yesterday and am writing down everything I eat, my water intake, exercise, etc....It's notebook size so I have lots of room to write extra things. I have a super busy day today, Have 5 pts, a 2 hour meeting this morning and about a 2-3 hour meeting this afternoon, etc.... so I probably won't be back today, but you never know, I might surprise you.

Lori~ I don't think we really have an official weigh in day. We all are kinda doing our own thing. I am going to weigh in on Fridays and I know Zoe weighs in on Saturdays. So, you are welcome to weigh in with us anytime. Just come on over.

Jennifer~ Glad to see you back. Don't worry about Day 1 and your eating, start over today and keep looking on your goal. As weight watchers says, NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS. I will keep you in my prayers, you betcha. I too have been feeling like God wants me to do something more at church but just not sure exactly what.... so if you can say a little prayer for me too.

Gary~ Good to hear from you!!! I guessed you had probably been busy at work. Don't work TOO hard. Sorry I missed the Oprah show. What is the Reader's Digest diet? How did the Orange Bowl go? LOL Check in when you can.

Hello to EVERYONE!!!! POST when you can!!!

Have a good day and weekend!!

298/278/270 (goal for January 31st)
Old 01-03-2003, 11:24 AM   #6  

Good morning ! I hope everyone is doing GREAT! I look forward to getting up in the morning and checking out the forum here!

Well Day 2 was alot better than day 1....I did pretty good! As soon as I get off the computer i am going to look for my WW materials.....I was a memeber a few months ago..but the meeting had to shut down because they could not keep a steady membership of 20 or more....I live in a small town....I did lose about 15 pounds...and I felt good too! But I went off of it and guess what......your right I gained it all back! I know WW works ...I had lost 50 pounds about 7 years ago...then I got pregnant and so the story goes....I never got my eating back under control!

A few of my reason why I want to lose weight is to feel good about myself again...for my health....I have grandparents on both sides of my family who had diabetes.....and i am so scared i will end up with it! I also want to be able to run and play with my 6 year old son without worrying I am going to kill over any minute! Also i want to have another baby! I have been trying to have a baby for 4 years.....i know it is due to my weight why I am not getting pregnant. I feel that way anyway? There are many other reasons but you get the jest of it! To be able to walk into a store and buy clothes that I see that I like...WOW...that would be so awesome!

I do have to say....my husband of 10 years does never complain about my weight! (I now weigh 250 pounds) (He married me when I was a size 16-18.....)He feels like there just more to me to love! i am now a size 22-24....(pushing onward to a size 26). I thank God everday for my wonderful hubby!

Well today is my last day of Christmas vacation.....I go back to work on Monday....I am a teacher so I know those little darlings will be excited to be back.....I pray the lord will give me oodles of patience with them......

I will go for now....the last of my housework is calling me to finish up....take care my friends and God Bless You!
Old 01-04-2003, 07:59 AM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello friends ~

Just a quick note so y'all don't wonder where I am. I've been dragging this week with a cold/flu thing. I don't get sick often but when I do, I seem to make up for all the time I wasn't sick. So I'm a little down and dragging today. I am going to my WW meeting but then, home to rest up until Greg gets home. We have an appt with a realtor to look at some houses....new construction and I didn't want to cancel it. I'll be ok. I'm thinking that I should stay home tomorrow from church but I'm already feeling guilty. I've missed so much in the last month or so....getting ready for Christmas, when my daughter was here, etc. So I feel like I haven't been there much but I really am not feeling up to the "jumping and singing"...oh, I am so sorry Lord, for you, I want to do anything......anyway, Just wanted to say hi. I'll let y'all know about the WI ~ I may be up this time but I won't fret over it......the holidays usually find me an extra 10-12 lbs so one week with a small gain will be a wonderful way to get through the holidays.

Please pray for my speedy recovery. I don't like being sick.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:15 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Saturday

-- Hope the meetings went wellGood Saturday-- Hope all is well with everyone!!

Just about to get started downsizing on my tee-shirts for my wife-- she makes me do it once a year or else I don't get... well you guys know!!! I just don't understand why she can't see that I REALLY NEED 60 tee-shirts--o.k. so what if some are 10 years old-- at least I got my sweatshirts down to the best 20!!

She also wants me to clean everything out of our closet because she bought organizers-- I'm supposed to be doing this while she is at a show learning how to trim roses-- it is a very large rose garden near us for the public-- every year at trimming time they invite the public to come learn by doing the cutting under the experts instruction-- cool for her. I thought it would be more fun to check in with you guys!!!.. instead of cleaning!!

SHERRY I hope the meetings went well for you--yes the Orange Bowl went well for my favorite college team, USC. You can look up the Readers Digest diet on changeone.com if you don't have this Jan. edition-- it is a program that cost a few bucks but looks interesting.

ZOE Sorry to hear you are sick-- you have done so well that even if you gain a pound or two it is no big deal!!
Old 01-04-2003, 01:21 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry I"M BACK!!!

glad to see you are back in church!! All things start with our Lord!! If you are in the right places you surley increase your odds for happiness!! and success!!

LORI welcome back again-- good luck in the coming year!!

SUE How was your NEW YEARS?

WILMA -- Did you get moved in o.k.?

SAMI -- the kids take over the computer again?

Sorry if I missed anyone but I only have 1 hour to get something done or else I am in big trouble with the BOSS!!!

Later gals--Gary
Old 01-04-2003, 01:24 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SORRY JOANNE-- How is that Canadian weather this week??
Old 01-05-2003, 07:03 AM   #11  

Hello to all and welcome to imhiskid! I have been feeling down and out this week and it didn't help that 4 nights this week I was up with sick kids. All 6 of mine have had that stomach flu this week. Wensday is when I go to the hospital for the ERCP I hope they find out what the problem is I am so tired of feeling bad. Work is going better it is hard this time of year because the hrs get cut way back and I feel sorry for the people that get cut because I know they need the money. Wilma are you in the house yet? Zoe I am with EZ you have done great! I know you will make goal! Sherry I know you going to do well once you see in your journal what goes in you will know where you need to change. EZ when your done cleaning my kids need someone to organize them! Well got to go I will be off work from wensday on I hope I will feel well and get to post more. (if they find anything they will do surgery at that time) Praying for all.
Sami
Old 01-05-2003, 01:35 PM   #12  

Red face Sunday

Hello All!!!

I just got back home from seeing patients. It's been so crazy around here that I haven't had much of a chance to post. I'm working this weekend too. And then my DH twisted his ankle yesterday with his boots on and can hardly do anything for himself. I tried to get him to go on to the ER when he did it yesterday but NOOOOOOOOO he wouldn't go and now it's so very swollen even with ice, elevating, etc... So, I don't know. He had a very restless night and therefore so did I.

Sami~ We wish you luck this week and you will be in our prayers for your procedure and all that that can entail. So sorry your kiddos have all had the stomach thing. We have had a lite case of it here this week too. Keep your head up and think postive thoughts.

Gary~ Glad your team won!!! 60 T-shirts???? Not much of a suit and tie man huh? Thanks for the website, I will check it out. Did you get in trouble with the boss? I hope you managed to get that closet done.

Zoe~ Sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly. I knew something had to be happening to you since we haven't heard from you much. It's unlike you. We are praying for your speedy recovery!!! Let us know about the houses. Anything promising? As well as you have done with the weight loss, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Jennifer~ Good luck going back tomorrow. Whew!! Glad it's you and not me. I would not make a good teacher, I'll stick with the nursing. K? Hope things are going well for you this weekend as you prepare to go back. Did you find the WW stuff and try it?

Hello to Joanne, Wilma, Sue and Lori!!! Wilma look forward to you checking back in soon. I know you are probably unpacking as you read this. Hope everything goes well.

Well I gotta go. I'm gonna try to sneak in a nap. LOL Wish me luck!
Old 01-05-2003, 05:41 PM   #13  

Default Happy New Year Friends!

I'm sorry to read of everyone suffering with the colds/flu, take care, thinking of you.
So far, this home has managed to avoid, but so much illness all about us. The area hospitals and nursing homes are now shutting to the public, desperate to reduce the spread of these virus's.

Welcome to our new comer, we rejoice in your finding this site, but we Rejoice more in your return to our Lord!
It's wonderful that our Lord's Church is growing despite the world around us! Thanks be to God for our Everything!

Weighin for Dd, neice and myself is Monday's. Tomorrow I know I've gained.
But, we are here to support one another, to begin a new with each day. We can beat this, with our Lord and one another at our side.

Tis another winter wonderland day here in Southern Ontario, 4" of fresh fallen snow over the past couple of days. Now please would you in the sunshine states, send us some sunshine.

God Bless each of you as you return to your jobs tomorrow.
To those teachers out there, God Bless you, this baby sitter is thrilled to see your return.
(The 7yr. old siblings of my 4yr. olds have nearly driven us insane. lol) Hugs to you all as I depart now for evening Worship on this our Lord's Day!

Sister Joanne,
Southern Ontario Canada
Old 01-06-2003, 07:51 AM   #14  

Angry Monday morning

Good Monday Morning to All!!!!

Hope this finds everyone feeling better and starting the new day/week OP and praising our Lord and Savior!!! I am feeling better this morning but this stuff has really kicked me. I feel sluggish and yesterday was ready to take a nap by 10am. I won't be able to do that today.

Sister Joanne~ Good to hear from you. The post has been a little slow lately with the holidays and all the sickness. Glad you have been able to avoid it. Good luck with your weigh in today! If I could bottle our wonderful warm sunshiney weather and send it to you I sure would. I don't ever remember having 68 degrees in January before. Yesterday I was able to sit out on the porch without a coat. It was wonderful!!!! Although I do like the white stuff. I figure we will get some of that soon. Then we will be in shock. but then the kiddos will be happy!

Hope EVERYONE does well today!!! Don't forget if you're journaling to WRITE WHAT YOU BITE!!!!!! Have a GOOD day!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 10:57 AM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry MONDAY

GOOD MONDAY TO YOU ALL

I am working close to home today-- next door!! It doesn't get much better than that does it? I will send to those in need of sunshine some of ours -- it has been in the high 70's here for a few days. Today is my anniversarry #7!! We are going out to dinner after work-- no presents-- because tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we are going to start that class for overnight backpacking-- it is a little pricy so we are using that as a combo Christmas, b-day, etc gift. I hope it is fun, the wife picked it out for my Christmas present, along with new boots for hiking.

Well I finished cleaning out my closet-- got down to my BEST 30 tee-shirts -- we put up the organizers after church yesterday and boy did it really make a difference in the closet-- so much room-- I think I can go and get my t-shirts back from Salvation Army-- kidding.

JENNIFER Good luck on your new routine and back to school with those students-- my wife goes back today-- 6th grade.
Closed Thread