Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #16  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Hey all!

I started Dukan today, so I'll be following along for now, and then join you in Cruise in a week.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #17  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Anyone know if this souvlaki would be okay for me to eat on the attack phase?

1 kabob has:

130 calories
2g carb
0g sugar
12g protein

Its made with pork tenderloin..and of course its just the kabob grilled on the bbq... Does this sound suitable?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:52 AM   #18  
Raluca xx

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Anyone know if this souvlaki would be okay for me to eat on the attack phase?

1 kabob has:

130 calories
2g carb
0g sugar
12g protein

Its made with pork tenderloin..and of course its just the kabob grilled on the bbq... Does this sound suitable?

I ate pork sometimes, even if it's not allowed. But I will get home at 10 o'clock and there would be nothing else to eat than that and well .. what was I supposed to do ? I guess it's ok .. bot don't do it often haha
Old 05-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #19  
Raluca xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
Hey all!

I started Dukan today, so I'll be following along for now, and then join you in Cruise in a week.
Heeeeeey Welcome

Share your story here and write about how your weight loss process goes.

XO
Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #20  
Porthardygurl

Do you ever feel deprived? Oddly enough..im actually stressed about starting this new program..Im actually afraid to fail..cause i said i would succeed on south beach and i lost 20 pounds and then im back at my highest weight from failing..i want to be sucessful..but im so afraid i cant do this...its driving me nuts..
Old 05-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #21  
Raluca xx

Quote:
Do you ever feel deprived? Oddly enough..im actually stressed about starting this new program..Im actually afraid to fail..cause i said i would succeed on south beach and i lost 20 pounds and then im back at my highest weight from failing..i want to be sucessful..but im so afraid i cant do this...its driving me nuts..
I do feel deprived sometimes, but then I start thinking about how I'll look when I'm gonna be all skinny and stuff and it goes away. When it won't go away I drink a glass of water or a decaff coffee with skimmed milk. If it's still not going away I log on to this website an watch the goal photo thread and look at those amazing results and imagine that one day I'll be like them too. I think it's all in the head and if you know how to manage the situation in time you won't be thinking about how you're deprived, and why the **** are all eating pizza and ice cream and I'm having only grilled chicken breast. You cant be thinking about not being succesful because if you start on the wrong foot, the whole diet is gonna be messed up, you can easily not start at all. Just be positive, think about the results every minute and there's no way you won't succed.
Let me tell you something. Next time you're like insecure, just write here, instead of falling off the diet wagon, cuz it's always harder the second time. You may make mistakes, but don't quit. Just go on ! You can do it !
Old 05-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #22  
Dukanista

chewing gum helps me a lot - it gives my mouth something to do and the sweet taste helps fill cravings. I have mint gum now, but I'm going to go get some of those dessert-y flavored ones and chew myself skinny! lol!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #23  
Dukanista

thanks for the welcome Raluca!! I was doing calorie counting, had a few ups and downs with it, and decided I was ready to try something different. I am really hoping that Dukan provides the long term benefits it promises for maintenance, as I think it's (relatively!) easy to lose weight but very, very, very hard to KEEP it off.

I haven't put a final goal because that's too big and scary a number. But I will be watching very eagerly to see how you and others do as you move through Cruise and into Consolidation. For me, that's going to be a year or more after the Cruise/weight loss part, so I'm glad to meet others following this plan!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:35 AM   #24  
Porthardygurl

Well here i go..im officially starting on the Dukan Diet in t-minus 26 minutes..Ive had my last taste of scrumptious bread and scculent beautiful ice cream..and now im here..Im ready...Im ready to begin..let the transformation begin..If yalls want to keep me accountable that would be awesome..cause i do need it!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #25  
Raluca xx

Quote:
thanks for the welcome Raluca!! I was doing calorie counting, had a few ups and downs with it, and decided I was ready to try something different. I am really hoping that Dukan provides the long term benefits it promises for maintenance, as I think it's (relatively!) easy to lose weight but very, very, very hard to KEEP it off.

I haven't put a final goal because that's too big and scary a number. But I will be watching very eagerly to see how you and others do as you move through Cruise and into Consolidation. For me, that's going to be a year or more after the Cruise/weight loss part, so I'm glad to meet others following this plan!
I actually did calorie counting too, but I didn't lost like anything. You could see a pound or two in 2 weeks, but that is not a way of losing weight haha. I weigh in once a week so tomorrow's a big day for me! Can't wait to share stories and such. I should be off the diet for good in the end of March so we'll be chatting for a long time haha. I actually said I'll do a before and after, when I hit the 30 lbs minigoal.. still thinking about it. You can't see much of a difference in me cuz I havent done so much exercise, but there should be something. I think 30 lb is huuuuuge, because I was never able in my life to lose weight so we i'll hit that I'll be like singing and dancing all the day haha. Keep me posted and so will I!
XOXO
Old 05-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #26  
Raluca xx

Quote:
Well here i go..im officially starting on the Dukan Diet in t-minus 26 minutes..Ive had my last taste of scrumptious bread and scculent beautiful ice cream..and now im here..Im ready...Im ready to begin..let the transformation begin..If yalls want to keep me accountable that would be awesome..cause i do need it!
Well .. I wish you the best of luck! Make those lbs go away and show 'em who's the boss haha. Keep me posted !
XO
Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #27  
Dukanista

Raluca -

you are getting close to that 30 lb minigoal!! great job!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #28  
Dukanista

I've got 2 more days of Attack - part of me is looking forward to some veggies but part of me is nervous about leaving the Attack phase!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #29  
Raluca xx

Quote:
I've got 2 more days of Attack - part of me is looking forward to some veggies but part of me is nervous about leaving the Attack phase!
I felt soooooo good when I finally got to eat some veggies ! I'm kinda starting to like this cruise phase, feels natural haha. I weighed myself today. Lost one pound and a half since last week and I am really proud of me lol.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #30  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucax View Post
Lost one pound and a half since last week and I am really proud of me lol.

That's awesome, congrats!!!!

What pattern are you following for alternating PP and PV days?
Closed Thread