Old 04-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Day 1

Over half way through day one. So far so good.

Breakfast (9 am) ~ Dutch chocolate shake mixed with black coffee & tsp sugar free vanilla syrup. It was pretty good. I drank some of it and then blended ice into it to create more of a milkshake texture. I liked it better with the ice.

Lunch (12pm) ~ Chicken noodle soup. I thought the flavor of this was pretty good. I was nervous because I had read some negative reviews but I didn't mind it at all. It did boil over in the microwave during the first round of microwave and I lost a bit of the soup. I had to add more water in order to make it seem like more.

Meal #3 (3 pm) ~ Peanut Butter bar. Liked this a lot. Nothing else to say.

Meal #4 (5 pm) ~ Brown sugar & maple oatmeal. Did not like this at all. I'm used to eating quaker oats sugar free oatmeal almost every day so I usually really like oatmeal and was looking forward to this after everything else so far had been good. This was just yuck! I still have a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. Any suggestions on what to do to fix the oatmeal? I'm hoping that the apple cinammon isn't this bad.

I'll be having grilled chicken w/ brocoli for dinner around 7pm. Nothing fancy I know but just planning on sticking to what I know for now. Then the MF brownie for dessert around 9pm.

I just finished my 64oz of water. I'm used to drinking a lot of water though so that wasn't hard. Just trying to figure out how to get my healthy fat in. Might just add butter to the veggies with dinner. Hmmmmm..

Not to bad today. Hubby will say I've been moody but I think that has more to do with a steriod shot I recieved Thursday afternoon. The hardest part of any diet for me is mental. If I know I'm not supposed to eat something then I spend all day obsessively thinking about it. I haven't been hungry at all today so that is great. Now just to get my mindset to change so I can stop thinking about food so much...... I think part of that is just me being anxious since I'm not sure what any of the food is going to taste like.

So just kinda writing down my feelings of the day.

Last edited by LosinJen; 04-16-2011 at 06:05 PM.
LosinJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #2  

Congrats on completing what looks to be a successful first day. I have to set reminders on my phone to remind me to eat. I've only been on the plan a few weeks, but sometimes I am just not hungry at the 2-3 hour interval. However, I've been eating as I am supposed to and I am gradually losing weight.

I have a repertoire of about 3 things that I eat for dinner during the week. If it's not quick, easy, and brainless for me, I won't stick with the plan. My sides are usually a few tomatoes and cucumbers. Sometimes just a green salad. My protein has been Bocca Burgers, a can of tuna, or Egg Beaters.

Best wishes for your success!
marci65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #3  

Thanks Marci! I do believe that yesterday was quite successful. Loved the brownie! lol!
I'm working on my grocery list today and searching for ideas for my L & G for the week. Hubby will be eating the same thing for dinner with me and while he's not on the plan, he is wanting to lose a few pounds himself. His problem is that he's not that fond of veggies.... LOL!

I did wake up with a headache today but that was to be expected. Plugging along on day two.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #4  

I got headaches for the first several days. Mine usually happened between lunch time and my mid-afternoon meal. I needed Tylenol a few times my first week. When I placed my 2nd order, I bought the crackers to help me with my crunchy/salty cravings that I was having. They are actually pretty good and have helped tide me over when I need a little more to eat between meals.
marci65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey Jen, how did you first couple of days go? Today is my first day and I havent been hungry at all. I just had my L&G along with a dutch chocolate shake, and still have 2 meals to go.
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #6  

Hi fatsincebirth! I just completed my first full week as of today and I am down 11.2 lbs!!! I'm so excited! I have to say the only day that was tough for me was day 3 and that was mostly due to lack of proper planning on my part. Other than that, I have rarely felt hungry (and when I do it's usually cause it's time to eat again) and I haven't had any cravings. I ate out last night with my in-laws and wasn't at all tempted when looking at their foods. I was completely satisfied with my grilled chicken breast and veggies.... So far, I'm loving medifast! I just placed my second order and cant' wait till it gets here!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey Jen. Wow 11.2 lbs in one week?! Woop woop! LOL That is amazing, good for you and keep it up! I only lasted one day b4 I gave in to the Easter treats but still managed to lose 2 lbs by not eating after 7:30pm. I'm restarting tomorrow. If only I could have at least half of your lost in one week I would be soooo happy.... Any tips you want to share? Did you plan all of your meals ahead of time?
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/218/150

Height: 5'2"

That is sooo awesome!!!!! I would be thrilled with those results.
wildgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #9  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Enjoyed reading, going to start this program for 2 weeks once it gets here!!
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #10  

I started out low carb and lost 24 pounds, then went to WW bc I was tired of the food. The first week on WW I didnt lose at all and the 2nd week I gained 2 pounds. So it's back to low carb for me. Any advice or comments welcome.
Twyla1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/178/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyla1134 View Post
I started out low carb and lost 24 pounds, then went to WW bc I was tired of the food. The first week on WW I didnt lose at all and the 2nd week I gained 2 pounds. So it's back to low carb for me. Any advice or comments welcome.
I'm no expert by any means, but if I understand low-carb diets correctly, the first week is a big loss due to water weight, then after that ketosis starts burning your fat cells. But when you resume a normal diet, you could regain quickly because your body is starved for carbs. That's why most low-carb diets have a transition diet prior to switching to maintenance.

It's possible WW just got hit with the fact that your body was switching back over to burning carbs with no transition, so you didn't lose any weight.

I noticed on these forums that people who move from WW to MF have the big initial weight loss, but going the other way the results aren't so good.

That may be why.
Sequi 2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #12  

I'm on Day One myself. So far, not bad. A little sleepy, but running to and fro to the bathroom to pee is keeping me awake. Nothing I've eaten is horrible. I did take a hint on the soup and let it soak before heating it. Added some Tabasco and it was decent. Had my L&G, and still have two more MF meals to eat.
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote