Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 10:52 AM   #1  

Red face 12/26

Good morning all. I guess I am the first one hear. Is everyone on vacation or something? I have to work all of this weekend too. The boss is heading out of town so at least I won't have to worry about him being around.

Does anyone ever feel depressed the day after Christmas? I don't remember being this way last year. I am just in a real funk today. I am starting to worry about all of the bill coming in now, even though we paid cash for the majority of the stuff I just hate having to deal with all of it by myself. Joe really doesn't want to deal with any of it.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will check back in later.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:10 AM   #2  

Say, now the Leenie is a moderator, do we have to call her Ma'am now??

We had a nice quiet Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we have the children's program at Church. All the kids participate-even the wee pre-school ones. I love the "deer in the headlights" look they get when they see all the people are looking at them! Our grandkids did fine. On Christmas day, R and I had a quiet day. We watched TV and did some paperwork for the church. Went for a ride too. And we did quite a bit of eating. As for gifts, we both each other a new TV and DVD player. I got a gift certificate from our hair salon and R got some special beer that he loves.

That's all the news for now................
Old 12-26-2002, 12:09 PM   #3  

Default Mornin'

Hello ladies,

Hope you all had a nice Christmas. This is just the beginning of the twelve days of Christmas, so enjoy.

Tip. glad you had a nice holiday and got some nice presents.

Kem, I don't get depressed after Christmas. We have the Epiphany on January 6th to look forward to... so no let down. Imagine so many years ago, the Three Wise men on the trek to the manger... the beginning of it all. That thought warms my heart if I feel any holiday let down coming on.

I'm at work today, but only because I asked for hours. Iit is really slow today, but hopefully will pick up a little. I wish I was home instead of here, but I need the money. Have to buy new tires next week and those cost $$$$. Always something, dontcha know?

I made Greek chicken last night for dinner and boy was it good. Chicken breasts are pounded, then stuffed with oregano, lemon juice and feta cheese. Dip these in a little seasoned flour. Saute these briefly in a little oil, add chicken broth, garlic, fresh spinach and fresh tomatoes. bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Delish!! I had this with bulgar wheat so I had a nice dinner. Even better is I have leftovers for dinner tonight.. nuke em!!

Well, I had better toddle off to the other building to drop off some credit forms. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-26-2002, 12:20 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Girls,

Tippy that would be Mama Mashed Potatoes to you

Linny that sounds awesome mmmm gotta try it, I'm always looking for new things to try.

Kem the day after Christmas is like eating a candy bar on an empty stomach...you get a high and crash. Well it really didn't feel like Christmas...here goes.

Well girls, my Christmas was a very hectic one.

Christmas eve, we rushed Mom to the hospital because of chest pains, she was in there all of yesterday and today. They are talking pace makers and such but I am waiting for my sister to get the right info from the doctors themselves because my mom has a tendency to get what the nurses tell her and the dr.'s confused....in anycase after spending all of Christmas morning in the hospital...I ran home like a nut, made dinner, didn't even eat, packed it up and ran it down to my MIL in the freezing snow (i'm such as @ss ###) let them eat, listend to my FIL gripe and drove home in yet worse weather conditions, took us over an hour to get home because we got about 6 - 8" of snow.... got home, fed Grace, put her to bed, had a bowl of mashed potatoes and felt icky, woke up w/a sore throat this am, now I can't go see my Mom.........

Other than that, We are all here and I am very thankful for that. Pray for my Mom please

I'll be ckecking back later, and I'll let you know what I hear from my Sis & the Dr's.

Huggs & Kisses, Leenie
Old 12-26-2002, 12:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default The day after

Good Morning Gang!

Hey??? where does it tell about Leens becoming a moderator? I guess I have missed something??? I saw somebody mentioned it in yesterday's post but that was the first I heard of it. I need details haha Am I always the last to know these things??? haha

We had a great day yesterday, but we were all asleep early. I cannot believe that the phone did not ring and wake us up - that is rare!

This morning I got up feeling much more energetic then I did yesterday and made myself put in my new Leslie Sansonne walking tape. It is called Walk THE Walk and it has a 1 mile and 2 mile workout on it set to Christian music - I like it - but of course, I like all her stuff! I have already drank 2 bottles of water and I have a pot of onion soup going on the stove. I will sip on that most of the day, it is warm and soothing and low calorie.

As of today, I am back to being good and doing what I know I have to do, exercise, water and small portions, and watching those carbs. I cannot wait until the 1st because I could gain 5 lbs between then and now without even trying. I am not getting on the scale until later next week, but I am back to being good - I can do it I can do it I can do it! :-)

They are saying that today is the 2nd busiest shopping day of the year. I just want to know who has money left after Christmas to go shopping today? Don't get me wrong I would love to get some good bargains, but its not worth fighting the crowds to me and I would have to put it on the credit cards which would not make it a bargain anymore. So I will not be leaving the house today, no matter what! :-)

Sweet - it also made me sad when I read your post from yesterday - everybody should have something to open on Christmas Day - those guys just don't think sometimes. I'm sending you a great big hug! Squeeze!

I hope everybody has a great day!

hugs, Cathy

P.S. - Leens snuck in while I was typing my message - tell me about becoming moderator - details girlie - I wanna hear about it!
Old 12-26-2002, 12:24 PM   #6  

Boy my problems seem small now. I am sorry to hear about your mom Leenie. I will keep you in my heart today. I hope you get good news when you go see her.
Old 12-26-2002, 12:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Oh Leens - I just read your post - I am so sorry about your mom - sorry that your day didn't seem like Christmas at all! oh my - keep us posted.

I'm praying for your mom and your family!

hugs, Cathy
Old 12-26-2002, 12:38 PM   #8  

Angry Happy Boxing day!

Well Kemp it is Xmas holidays....you aren't back at work are you? It is boxing day here in candada...everyone goes shopping for specials...not me!

We are having a quiet day today....was a busy day yesterday.

I work evenings today and tomorrow and then I am off until the 4th.

Tippy sounds like you have had a nice holiday so far. Kemp don't worry about the bills...I know what you mean about holiday funks. It is not an easy time.

Be back later!

Liz
Old 12-26-2002, 03:19 PM   #9  

Hi all!
What church still celebrates Ephiphany? That is awesome!
I am struggling with depression this season, but I try to keep reminding myself that things ARE better than I often think they are. Meanwhile my weight is going higher (205 now and climbing) so I realize the new year will need to bring some changes.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:24 PM   #10  

Hello Viola and welcome!
Old 12-26-2002, 10:19 PM   #11  

Sweet, my husband is a big fat doofus too. He used to complain that he didn't know what to get for me, so once I wrote him a big list of ideas. He didn't get me ONE SINGLE THING from the list because "then it wouldn't be a surprise". According to him, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, etc are "made up" holidays, so no special treatment then, either. He goes out at the last minute, and wraps the thing worse than the kids. So now I buy myself small things that I really like, wrap them beautifully, and put them under the tree for myself.

( Please don't feel like I'm dumping on you, I'm working out some issues myself right now and putting everything into black and white is helping a lot. Feel free to get offended because that is your right! )

OK, I'm putting it on the table: being handicapped (or penniless) is no excuse for poor behavior. My younger brother was physically and mentally handicapped and when he didn't have money or wasn't able to shop he wrote a poem or somehow made people feel special. When we were starving students I would spend $1.50 to get hubby a roll of Butter Rum Lifesavers and a box of Andes Mints (his favorites). It made him feel special, and he didn't care it wasn't a $50 box of Godivas.

Don't want to hurt your feelings or insult you, but here's how it is. I've been with this guy since 1984 -- and I've learned that part of love and HEALTHY marriage/relationships is that BOTH people have to give a little. (Yes, my hubby puts up with a lot of sh*t from me and my psycho problems, but ya know, I put up with a lot of sh*t from him too.) I'm not left alone to clean up anymore, because I got sick of it and we met at the OK corral for a shootout. I explained I could take care of 2 toddlers living with me but not 2 toddlers and a perpetual 12 year old. WE decided we love each other and that it was going to be a joint effort or nothing. Paper plates and pizza, soda out of a can is fine with me if he doesn't want to lift a finger, because I'm *&#@$ sick of doing it all.

I let my big fat doofus know how hurt I was when he didn't even TRY to help or get me a gift. Even a homemade card saying "I appreciate and love you" would be enough, right? He's learning to open up a little now and then. And I'm learning to lower my expectations, laugh (it is now kindof a joke for us), relax, and take care of myself when it is important to me. Every year I throw MYSELF a birthday party.

You have to ask yourself what is important. Do you need a pat on the back now and then? Then let him know it and learn to accept what he can give (sigh) when he makes the effort. Is the nice homemade holiday meal critical to you AND him? Then he can pitch in somehow. If it's only important to YOU, and he won't help with the meal or give you that pat, then you'll just have to accept the price.

Thanks for letting me say my piece.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:33 PM   #12  

Hi

I've finally gotten my time at the computer ..Chris has been on it all day.

Thanks liz and cathy for the hugs. I am doing better today. I decided that at least I won't have any debt from Christmas.. that is always a plus.

Leens so sorry about your mom..hope she will be okay.

Linda the chicken sounds wonderful...mmm So does the onion soup Cathy...

Tippy it sounds like you had a good Christmas.

Marleah I know what you mean...though this is rare for Chris. He is usually so attentive and giving. Don't know what happened to him. I guess I can forgive him THIS time...I had a long talk with him and told him how I felt. He apologized profusely. As for Dad, he never bought the gifts, he let Mother and his name was just added to the card. He was good about buying Mother something. Don't know if he started out that way or if she had to say something. Come April, my birthday, I better get something BIG from both of them.

We are still snow covered. The main streets are driveable but others are slick. Dad was determined to get out today and go socialize with his buddies at the coffee shop. Sure helped get him out of his depression.

Hope everyone had a great day
Old 12-27-2002, 02:16 AM   #13  

Unhappy I feel so bad!

I missed all of you guys today....when I started writing my reply only tip and Kemp had posted...you all snuck in on me!

Leens hope your mom is ok.

Linda you sound nice and upbeat

Marleah I love people who say it like it is!

Viola welcome!

SP you are a good sport...pretty great

Cathy you are so cute...

Talk to you all tomorrow!~

Liz
Old 12-27-2002, 09:23 AM   #14  

I came on this morning to erase most of my earlier post -- I was positive I had hurt SOMEONE's feelings -- and you got here first. Thank you for not taking things personally.

Sweet, I'm so glad Chris isn't usually like that and that you are able to talk to him!
Closed Thread