Old 04-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Does bootcamp work?

Hi
I am looking for some advice. For those of you doing this for a while...do bootcamp weeks work? Do you lose more than regular weeks?

I am struggling every weekend with small cheating (glass of wine or two)!!

Maybe one super regimented week would help get me on track...I have lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks, but would love to see another 5-10 gone by Easter, which would bring me to my goal weight!

Thanks for any advice!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

I'm not sure what you mean by "bootcamp" weeks, but by drinking a few glasses of wine each weekend, the sugar and carbs in the wine can knock you out of ketosis for 3 to 5 days, which means no weight loss for at least half a week.

In order to see quicker results (and get rid of those last few pounds quickly!), the best thing to do is to give up the wine and any other weekend-cheating. Then, to "phase out" appropriately.

Good luck, and congrats on being close to your goal!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Its different for everyone the only way to know is to try it and see if it works for you. I tried bootcamp and it did not make a difference in my weight loss. For some people it helps them lose weight faster and others it doesn't. It depends on what your body needs. Some people need more carbs to lose weight and others need less. Give it a shot for a week and see what happens!
Adrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/157/140

Height: 5"4

What is Bootcamp?
FMM Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 AM   #5  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

I hop on bootcamp every other week. Boot camp for those that are new is when you use only non restrictive packs and you do not use the occasional veggies from your list. You only follow the ''allowed" veggies and proteins.

I do see a difference on weeks I am on bootcamp. The reason I do not do bootcamp 100% of the time is I need my tomatoes every now and then.

Give it a try for a week and see how you do. I would def stay away from the wine for awhile. I know this is hard to do, me being a person who had a glass or 2 of wine with dinner every night and my dirty martini's on the weekends. To be honest if you follow this program to the "T" it does work. I am an example of it. I had one glass of wine on my birthday (Went to dinner) back in Feb and did notice a 1 or 2 difference that week.

Good luck

Last edited by Beachbella; 04-05-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

boot camp doesn't really work for me.. I need the restricted. But really I will go maybe 2 days a week without a restricted, and I do as a rule, try to stay away from the twice a week veggies, unless I have no other choice. I think after awhile, you just figure out what works best for your body, every body is different, and lose different ways. Some people do bootcamp (which is like the first two weeks of the normal phase 1) and lose a lot more, or do it once a month to kick start stuff moving again.
I finally figured out for me, I need to switch up the restricteds I eat, my body just gets used to it or something.. but that's just me..
HTH! Summer
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote