Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 10:19 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, December 23rd

Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

I'm here at work today, ick. But at least its my last day until the 6th Yahooo !! So here I sit finishing up stuff I should have had done a long time ago amazing how much one can get done under pressure.

Is everyone done w/shopping ? I believe I am. The only thing I need to do is get a card for my Maillady.

I'll check back in later, huggs.... Leenie
Old 12-23-2002, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Christmas Eve Eve lol

Hey everybody!

Leenie - I'm so glad that after today you will be off until the 6th - that is awesome! Enjoy it girlie!

I am off this week, except the boss told me I could come in Friday and do payroll "if I feel like". haha Well I figure I will probably feel like it because if I do payroll then I will get a paycheck! lol

Today I am washing clothes and taking it easy. We have our Sunday School Christmas Party for the 12th grade girls and guys tonight at the youth house at church, so really the only thing I have to do, after getting dressed, is make a bunch of homemade subway sandwiches for tonight. The rest is chips and dips and stuff like that so that is easy and everybody is suppose to bring something - I sure hope these teenagers bring some food with them - you never know with teenager! ;-)

Hubby has been getting up very early every morning to go duck hunting and wanted to take a nap yesterday after church so me and my boys went to see Lord of the Rings. It was very good! If you liked the first one then you should love the second one! But it is a 3 hour movie, so don't be drinking any coke during the movie - there is not one spot where you can get up and go to the bathroom without missing something! ;-)

Done shopping? I better be done shopping! We started Christmasing on Friday night at my mom's and then on Saturday night at my hubby's mom's house. It has been busy. But it is the season for that.

So what is everybody else doing today?

later gaters,

Cathy
Old 12-23-2002, 01:25 PM   #3  

All done with Christmas preparations! On Saturday we went shopping and the stores were crowded, but everyone was in good spirits. On Sunday AM I actually slept until 8:30 which is unusual cause I have so much trouble sleeping. We just took a day off I guess. In the afternoon, we went to DD,Zookeeper's, house for cocoa, cookies and candy. We exchanged gifts and had a wonderful time. We gave DGS5 a remote control fire engine that has a siren and flashing lights. It was a BIG hit with all males in the room--Dad and Grandpa too. Our GD13 got a painting set but the big hit was a rock polishing kit and jewelry kit combined. It was a wonderful day and we hated to come home.
(But I HAD to cause the cocoa was made with milk and I'm lactose intolerent)

Merry Christmas to all my friends....old and new!
Old 12-23-2002, 01:58 PM   #4  

Hi everyone!

Lunch is over, dishes are soaking, a peach pie is in the oven, fridge freezer revamped, and now I am taking a break. Went to the grocery store while some good specials were on. The store was packed. And people irritate me to no end. Drive those carts like you'd drive your dang car!!! Pick a lane.....

It is snowing!! The weatherman says we will be like this til Wednesday and this will be the first white Christmas for us since 1988. So far we have 3 inches and it is still at it. We are likely to get 6 inches or up. Waaaaaaaah

A friend gave me several National Enquirers so guess I can get some serious reading done today...

Leenie I don't blame you for going to work Friday. Everyone will love you for their paychecks too.

Sounds like you've had a nice holiday so far Tippy. Enjoy.

So what dessert is everyone baking for Christmas?? I am going to stir up a cheesecake MAYBE. Dad is diabetic and if he overeats on the peach pie I won't be able to. I am making some cookies today as Dad wants to give some to some friends of his. I will be sending them out the door as soon as they are packed as I don't dare leave them around here.

For those of you who know Snues, I receive a Christmas card from her this morning. She said that she is still working part time at Curves For Women as well as being Area Captain for Tops. She is anxious to feel empty-nest syndrome but her son Steve (age 20) who goes to college, keeps finding his way back home after living elsewhere. She asked about chat so I will let her know where to find it.

Break over....time to get back at it....
Old 12-23-2002, 02:29 PM   #5  

I am at work today too. I really don't have to much to do. I am kind of piddling around. Trying to make myself look busy.

Hubby is of until Jan 6th so he went to the mall to get a few last minute things. Of course he wouldn't tell me. Other than that I guess I am ready. To bad if not. We have our work lunch tomorrow and then my borther and his kids and my sister will be at my house to open gifts. I deceided I wasn't going to cook for that many people so we will just have snacks and the adults will have wine and lots of it. I have been so stressed out that I need all that I can get.

Hello to all to come.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:39 PM   #6  

Hi everyone,

Two days til Christmas....DS1 is arriving today from the Vancouver area. He is bringing his dog....Mango.

I went to the Dr. today. He had doubled my Effexor XR & increased my blood pressure medication. 2 weeks ago my blood pressure was 180/80. Today it is 140/80....so that is better. Today is the 2nd day in a row that I feel good....so that is a positive.

I have another gift to wrap. Not too much left to do.

We still have no snow....hopefully we will have some by Christmas eve.

April
Old 12-23-2002, 03:40 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sweetpea, check out your private messages, I finally sent that recipie you asked for !!!

Huggs !

Last edited by Leens; 12-23-2002 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:52 PM   #8  

Default Afternoon all

Hi Ladies,

I'm on my lunch break so I have a few minutes to post. The division I work for is officially shutdown for the next two weeks, but I am getting a few days of work. My car needs new tires, so this helps a lot.

Still fighting this cold, but don't feel too badly. My nose is a lot less stuffy, but I don't know if this has to do with the cold abating or my new allergy med. It has stopped raining here, finally so I have a chance to dry out. I think one of my Hibiscus bushes might be a goner.. saw it lying on its side. I am going to try and re-stake it tomorrow and see if it survives.

Leens, enjoy your time off and you had better keep emailing me at work to entertain me

Cathy, I feel like getting a check. Would you mind sending me one too?

Sweet, the carts in the middle of the aisle are a major pet peeve of mine. Depending upon what time of the month it is, I may say.. "Excuse me", " I'd like to get by", or my favorite.. ramming their cart with mine to move it out of the way... so I get a little hostile sometimes

Hi Kem, Tip and April

I have a few minutes left on my lunch break, so I am off to look on the web for a bit.

Toodles!
Old 12-23-2002, 09:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Ladies, thank you all for being here and being so open and honest and uplifting.

I found this site in summer, posted a bit, but have been just "lurking" in the shadows since fall.

Your insights, your wisdom, and your laughter have been a tremendous source of comfort to me (and I'm sure others).

May you all have a most blessed Christmas, and may 2003 bring us all happiness and continued wealth of friendship.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:51 AM   #10  

Talking Merry Christmas Everyone!

I have been sooo busy getting ready for Xmas and had a dinner party last night (23)....today the 24th I am off to work and work the next four shifts....so I really had to get organized...all is well...read all your posts...no time now but I just wanted to say Merry Christmas....you guys are the greatest!

Take good care!

xoLiz
Closed Thread