General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 08:49 PM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Wink "The Plan" group formerly known as PMD

Welcome to a new thread with an old topic. The trials and tribulations, as well as the joys and rewards of the diet journey. This little group contains 3 regular posters, judi, alice, and ledom and I suspect a host of lurkers who we welcome to become posters as well. We are all doing a different plan, the plan that works for us. Along the way we learn from each other, share ideas about good things to eat, prod each other to exercise, and generally lend a listening ear to whatever might be going on in each others lives. The group gathered around the idea of the Prevention Millennium Diet that was published in the Jan. 2000 issue of Prevention magazine. Now we are still here almost 3 years later, still at it. We are all lighter than we were then, but not nearly as light as we would like to be. I am following the Body For Life Plan, alice is a Weight Watcher, and judi is a modified Weight Watcher. So here we go under our new Subject line which probably will evolve as we do.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:31 AM   #2  

Angry Good mornin ledom & judi

Well...we're into our new thread. Thank you for starting it, ledom.

I bought a new piece of exercise equipment online this morning. I bought Tony Little's Gazelle, which should come between Dec. 27th and Jan. 6th. It's a non-impact aerobic workout that also works the other muscle groups in your body, hips, arms, chest, ect. There is an exercise video that comes with it. Both DH & I have occasional knee problems, so this should help out. I am rather anxious to get it and try it out.

DH has gone to Mass. for the day to deliver some parts and finish his Christmas shopping for me. So...Miz Lacee and I have the day to ourselves.

Have a great day!
Old 12-19-2002, 09:44 AM   #3  
Chick

Default Good morning,

Alice, how exciting - new gym equipment. Let us know how you like it.

Can you believe that TOMORROW I will complete my 12 wk. challenge. I hardly know what to think. I am so pleased w/ BFL and will start up again with it as soon as my Alabama trip is over. I hate that it will be a bit more than the 1 week that is recommended because I feel in the last 2 weeks I have hit a really good streak of noticeable results. On the other hand, it will be the best way and I believe I will continue to make good decisions even though I am not officially in a challenge.

I hope you and Lacee have a good day hanging out. judi - what you doin' today? I'm finishing up my grades and taking pics to the framer. Just have to attend graduation tomorrow night and I am a free bird until Jan. 16.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:58 PM   #4  

Default Thursday

Hi! Sorry for not posting sooner...spent the day sleeping and getting all the Christmas stuff out and about. The house looks nice. My cleaning lady is coming on the 23rd so the house will be clean for CHristmas

Thanks for posting the things you eat Ledom. That was very helpful.

I had better not be a modified WW anymore but a regular one like Alice and I would lose a lot faster. Thanks for the new thread Ledom.

Re: latin mass - the latin mass Alice is the same English one that you have ... just said in latin. The old latin mass of our youth had somewhat diff. rubrics but it is still celebrated in one parish outside of Vancouver that I know of. You can also find out where in the States it is said (the old latin mass) by looking on the internet. Certain places got special permission to say it still. I too like the latin mass. We still have a lot of latin hymns and often parts of the mass like the Kyrie is still said in latin, it depends on the priest.

Ledom on completing the 12 week challenge!

When do you leave of your trip? We will be going to California for a week over New Years, we will probably leave on the 28th of Dec.

How do you like the new piece of equipment Alice? Sigh, I have to get exercising this year. I certainly failed in that area this past year and it was my only resolution too.

Well, tomorrow is a new day.

Last edited by judi; 12-20-2002 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:57 AM   #5  
Chick

Smile Hey girls,

I just finished the last official workout of my challenge. I DID IT!

Another day of clean eating and I can call it a job well done. Tomorrow I'll post my weight loss, etc. as I might eek out another 1/4 lb. between now and then .

Anyway, I'm home today as is D. I plan to meet some friends for lunch and finish my christmas shopping - yeah me and a billion others probably. Anyhoo- you guys have a great day.

Oh yeah, alice. I forgot to congratulate you on your 2 lbs. this week. You are doing great.

Judi, hope you are enjoying your pretty decorated house.

Under 200 in 2003!
Old 12-20-2002, 10:16 AM   #6  

Angry Hello girls,

We are getting some rain this morning. I can't get over how dark it is outside, it looks almost like it's night. Had to go out early this morning, and the sanders were out. The parking lot at the supermarket was rather slick, almost slid my way into the grocery store

ledom, congratulations on finishing your first 12 week BFL challenge. You should be very proud of yourself. Have fun at lunch and your shopping spree today.

judi, it's been very difficult to get any exercise in these past couple of weeks. It seems that I'm out and about more than usual. Hopefully once things settle down to a more normal routine, I will get back into exercising. My Gazelle won't be here until sometime after Christmas. I'm really looking forward to using it.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:11 PM   #7  

Default under 200 in 2003!

That will be my New Year's resolution!

Way to go on the 12 week challenge, Ledom.

My friend is getting me another new 12 week WW diary...starting new again for the zillionth time. Hey, as long as we are still in there trying there are no failures...just success a long time a comin'

Alice, that is some scary road conditions! Please be CAREFUL!! I am so happy that we don't have snow yet. Today we don't even have rain

Enjoy the day!
Old 12-21-2002, 09:16 AM   #8  
Chick

Default Good morning,

I didn't finish my christmas shopping, but I just have a few things left to buy. Today my vacation officially starts and I am so happy about that.

OK, here are my stats for the last 12 weeks.

I have lost.

16.50 lbs.
Bust 1 1/2"
Waist 2 3/4"
lower ab 1 1/2"
Hips - like a bozo I didn't do a before measurement
upper thigh 1"
lower thigh 1 1/2"
calf 1"

I am pleased with these results.

Yesterday I cooked up some of my healthy recipes to remind myself what I am supposed to be eating the next week or so. I'll have a treat everyday probably, but I am NOT going to destroy the work of the last 3 months in 1 1/2 week of holiday frenzy.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:11 AM   #9  

Smile WAHOO LEDOM!!!!

ledom, those are fantastic results!!! WAY TO GO!!!! These results will give you the incentive to keep eating healthy over your rest until the next 12 week challenge. Speaking of healthy eating, the other day I had some cottage cheese and put in some s/f vanilla flavored Divinci syrup along with cinnamon, and about 1/8 of a cup Fiber One cereal. It was a very satisfying snack, and it was delicious. The syrup is made with Splenda, and I put about 1/4 teasp. in the cottage cheese mixture.

judi, those 12 week diaries are great, aren' they? I got another Season Pass to WW last week that is good until May. When I signed up, our leader said that hopefully that would be the last time I would have to pay! Those were encouraging words, and a good incentive to stay on track....after Christmas They were having a good deal if you signed up before Jan. 1. I really like WW because I feel like I'm eating like a normal person.

I forgot to mention, I had a little surprise earlier. I walked into the livingroom and peeking at me through the window from the outside was a squirrel. He/she was standing on the railing looking into the house. I grabbed her nibs to see what she would do, but she was still half asleep and didn't see it. The suirrel didn't stay long after that.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited by aleka; 12-21-2002 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:58 PM   #10  

Default Ledom & Alice

Both your girls are such inspirations!!! Way to go both of you...you did so well on the challenge & Alice, you are THAT close to goal!

Yesterday I started listening to Joyce Meyer's teaching tapes on "Eat & Stay Thin", her first set of tapes she ever made was on weight loss. So far I have just listened to one, because the set just arrived yesterday...I just LOVE that woman...the tape was filled with humour and great principles which I am going to apply to my life.

Hey, from today on the days are getting longer...we are going into summer. YAHOO!!!!!!

Are you starting to pack for your trip Ledom? I wonder if I can weasel out of going on mine on the 28th., the weather is so mild here and I have been hearing so much about storm etc. in N. Ca.
If the DH gives me leave to stay I will leap at the chance but if it seems like he wants me to go along, I guess I will put a smile on my face and go. But between us, I would rather stay home...I do better on my diet and don't spend as much money either.

Enjoy Sat.
Old 12-23-2002, 01:55 AM   #11  

Default smiling...

looks like I am going on the 28th...

Did you all have a good Sunday? We had guests over for dinner. One of them had a cat allergy and poor Estaban had to stay downstairs...he was wailing, trying to reach the door knob, hanging on the panes of glass in the door and just thinking he had a hard deal...meanwhile our friend's head and face swelled up like a pumpkin and her eyes and nose where running...she has a dog and is OK with him.

Well, Christmas is almost here. We had the first of the mince pies tonight. I paid a friend to make four for Christmas. She makes fabulous pastry, uses butter & shortening, ornage juice and glazes the pastry, her stuff always looks so fancy and is flakey while my pastry is either to short or has the texture of a hockey puck, so I thought why fight it...I will just get someone else to do it.

The salmon thing is really working, this morning I had 1/2 a sal. sand. for breakfast and another for lunch and nothing else and I didn't even want anything until dinner time. Now had it been a veggie burger I could have never ate so little without starving.
Old 12-23-2002, 07:22 AM   #12  

Angry Happy 2 days before Christmas!

judi, oooh, your poor friend. I hope she's ok. DH is allergic to cats too, but never had severe symptoms like that. I keep telling him that it's a good thing he's not allergic to Miz Lacee because then he'd have to take up residence in our shed Poor Estaban, I'm sure he didn't know what was going on. That's good the salmon salad sandwich stayed with you so long. You must be like me, you need a balance of protein, fat, & carbs to keep you satisfied. I know if I have eggs and toast in the morning, it keeps me satisfied longer than if I have oatmeal and fruit. If your friend that goes to WW has the booklet from week 6, there is a quiz you can take, and your answers determine which types of foods keep you satisfied longer. How was the mince pie? Please give Marley, Estaban, & Bentley a big hug from me for Christmas. Lacee says WOOF!

ledom, hope you are enjoying your freedom. I forget when you said you were leaving on your trip.

I have a luncheon and last minute Christmas shopping date with my GF later on today. I will not be around tomorrow. Since both of you will be going away, I probably won't "talk" to you until after the New Year. I want to thank you both for being such good friends, and appreciate you being there. I wish you both a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! and A HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Here is to our personal goals in 2003
Take care and have a good day.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:11 AM   #13  
Chick

Default Good morning,

You guys sound ready for Christmas. I suppose I am too, or almost anyway. I will wrap gifts today and shop for the christmas meal. D and I have been cleaning house and it is looking better.

We'll leave for our trip on the 27th. I want to take the tree down before we leave and pack on the 26th. It will be a fairly short trip, we'll drive back on the 30th.

Judi, I am glad that the new protein source is working for you. The day I went to lunch w/ friends we ate at Red Lobster. I had grilled salmon and it was so good. It was just plain, makes me want to try it at home.

Not being on my diet makes me very nervous. So far I am not overeating, but there is something about the freedom of free week that makes me not trust myself. I just have a lot of issues w/ food and the bfl structure serves me well. I am eating bfl 75 to 80 % of the time. I think that is probably what I should do, but it still makes me nervous.

Alice, I hope you check in again because I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year before you get away.

Hope you both enjoy the days leading up to christmas.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:50 PM   #14  

Default Merry Christmas

I will wish you both a VERY Merry Christmas. We have decided to take the RV into town and stay over Christmas there and then take off to California on Boxing Day.

A big Christmas wish of good will from our pets to all of yours too.

Ledom have a safe trip and Alice have the best Christmas

I will email next week sometime from the DH's office in the U.S..

Next year: Ledom & I below 200 and Alice at goal!!!
Old 12-26-2002, 06:01 PM   #15  
Chick

Default Hey girls,

I hope you both had a very Merry Christmas. I don't think I quite got my greetings out in time! So let me go ahead and wish you a Happy New Year. I think I'll be back in time to do that again on New Year's Eve. We'll be leaving in the morning and should be back the 31st.

Was Santa good to you guys? I think he heard me hinting around about diamond earrings because I was giving a beautiful pair of diamond pave earring by my mother w/ d's input I believe. They are hoops w/ tiny cross charms. So pretty!

Our day was nice. We watched our traditional Christmas movies. Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. D is a redhead and we have loved watching this movie together since she was a little girl. We never tire of it - you can tell there are no men to consider in this little family. Anyway, it was a movie marathon and we enjoyed it a lot.

I am not even talking about food. Let's just say it will be a relief to be back on the plan. I believe I'll start back on the 31st, can't wait a day longer than that! When I get home we'll start a search for another male Siamese. It might be a little harder than usual as the pet store we usually do business w/ doesn't have any now.

Take care and I'll check in when I get home.
Closed Thread