Old 03-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

Default Can we speed up fat loss???

I'm asking out of pure curiosity--not out of dissatisfaction with the IP weight loss plan. Is there anything that we can do to boost our weekly fat loss? I've researched exercising while in ketosis and I'm finding conflicting information. Some say that it actually stalls weight loss. Anyways, I was just wondering if there's anything more in my power to get the most bang for my buck.
kellibelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #2  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibelli View Post
I'm asking out of pure curiosity--not out of dissatisfaction with the IP weight loss plan. Is there anything that we can do to boost our weekly fat loss? I've researched exercising while in ketosis and I'm finding conflicting information. Some say that it actually stalls weight loss. Anyways, I was just wondering if there's anything more in my power to get the most bang for my buck.
I too have been searching for an answer to this. Just based on reading posts, it sounds like everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for another. I've tried different variations that suit my life style to see what will yield the most weight loss/body fat.

For me, the more water I drink, the more likely i'll see a loss on the scale. I go to the restroom about every hour - but i'm fine with that
If I do light exercise, I have 1 boiled egg white right after, and if I have an intense workout, I have a restricted item before and an IP right after (with a total of 4 packets that day). I also have one restricted item a day.

I've tried different variations of this where I only have 3 packets on light workout days without the boiled egg or no restricted items and I only saw a 1lb loss and a decrease in muscle...while on other typical weeks I drop between 6 to 4lbs.

Also, you might want to consider talking to your coach to see if he/she has ideas of how you can maximize the benefits for your body?
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

My coach said that I will burn the most fat when at rest and there is nothing a person can do to speed it up. If a person exercises vigorously the body goes in search of more efficient fuel means...if not glycogen, then it burns muscle.

Everyone has a sweat spot, though, for fat loss and it isn't always 100% IP protocol.....as I have found I lose more fat every week if I eat an extra 1-2 protein/day. Seems that the body will hold onto the fat if your specific calorie requirement is too low. So in that respect you can speed it up by actually eating more.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
My coach said that I will burn the most fat when at rest and there is nothing a person can do to speed it up. If a person exercises vigorously the body goes in search of more efficient fuel means...if not glycogen, then it burns muscle.

Everyone has a sweat spot, though, for fat loss and it isn't always 100% IP protocol.....as I have found I lose more fat every week if I eat an extra 1-2 protein/day. Seems that the body will hold onto the fat if your specific calorie requirement is too low. So in that respect you can speed it up by actually eating more.
Hmm...that's interesting. When you say an extra 1 to 2 protein per day, can you give me an example? I'm very curious.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

ME TOO! My coach has me on 3 packs a day but said to add another if I get hungry. My friend who lost on average of 4 to 5 lbs a week started with 4 packets a day.
CarrieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibelli View Post
Hmm...that's interesting. When you say an extra 1 to 2 protein per day, can you give me an example? I'm very curious.
Sure. She said to eat an additional 1-2 eggs, 3-4 oz tuna or chicken/day. Basically it is another 150-200 calories of pure protein/day. To keep my calorie intake 900-1000 cals.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #7  

Well that sounds wonderful. I'm going to try that and see what happens. Thanks for sharing that information.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #8  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
Sure. She said to eat an additional 1-2 eggs, 3-4 oz tuna or chicken/day. Basically it is another 150-200 calories of pure protein/day. To keep my calorie intake 900-1000 cals.
I was told the same - but that I should try to eat my extra protein about an hour or two before bed. Additionally, I was told to only have egg whites.
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

I notice more weight loss after lots of rest. So I tend to lose most of my weight on the weekends where I'm able to sleep a little more. I'll loose 2-3 lbs over those 2 days - then go back and forth .5lb the rest of the days for an avg of 2.5 or so.
slickmouse is offline   Reply With Quote