Old 02-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #1  
Losing Weight As I Work

S/C/G: 235 / tracker / 150

Height: 5'6

Default Weird Motivations?

I was just wondering if anyone else has like some weird motivation...

1. There is a picture of my ex and I that is on the home screen of my wii that I can't get deleted. He had commented on my weight before (yes, he was a jerk!) but every time I see that picture I just work out 10x harder I feel!

2. I printed off this check list with a spot for each pound I lose. I get so "giddy" when I way in thinking I get to check of another box!

Anyone else with me?
jlee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Yea my ex never commented about my weight he thought I was beautiful(so he says) but everytime he pisses me off it motivates me to continue on, or every time he comes into my head it motivates me to work out more as well simply because I'm not longer the fat girl he dated! I look good.

Also in the summer time when I go home to see everyone that also helps me stay motivated and on track because I'm going to be getting compliments every where I go haha.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/155

Height: 5'5"

jlee i'm pickin' up what your puttin' down!

if i even think of my ex i work out harder, and like MiZ its not exactly like my ex wanted me to lose weight at all, we were together for over 8 years and our problems did NOT stem from our appearances, BUT just the thought of him makes me want to reach my goals even more. haven't seen him in almost 2 years but the mental image is enough and the thought of seeing him in the future just makes me want to blow his mind when he sees me ha! it's funny to me.

other motivations, i guess seeing outfits i want to wear, or outfits on other women that i wish i could pull off. sometimes even knowing that they are NOT my style... which is the weird part

i also get inspiration when at the gym just to be around like minded people helps push me harder
k8zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #4  
Started 12/28/10

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

That's an interesting idea with the checklist. Do you do it per pound? 5 pounds? I might steal that.

I printed off this picture of Beyonce in a swimsuit and put it on my fridge haha. Also next to that is a very gross looking picture of me w/ my stomach showing.
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #5  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

My weird motivation also has to do with a guy, but unfortunately mine is the opposite of you ladies.
A guy really hurt me with one particular comment about my weight which is so frustrating because he would go back and forth between hitting on me and putting me down.
The really hurtful comment was the last straw (I had been contemplating taking on a lifestyle change) and I got started right away!
Now this particular guy never puts me down...and luckily I respect myself enough to resist his advances.
If I wasnt good enough then, youre not good enough now fella!
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #6  
Losing Weight As I Work

S/C/G: 235 / tracker / 150

My Ex was never like... "You're fat" but we were living together and I would be like amber and I are going out to eat and he would be like you guys should go on a walk instead...or that shirt looks tighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
That's an interesting idea with the checklist. Do you do it per pound? 5 pounds? I might steal that.
I am gonna try to post a picture..but it is for every pound..bc i have come to realize it takes me time. I will put a star by my next mini goal and hang it on the fridge and one on my mirror... as a reminder!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00788-20110227-17521.jpg (29.1 KB, 59 views)
jlee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #7  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

My weird motivation is hoping my boobs will shrink... These things have their own ZIP code :/

I get what you mean about the ex-boyfriend stuff though. While we were still dating we were watching The House Bunny (with Anna Farris) and I made some comment like "Wow, I wish I had a body like that" and he came back with "Yeah, I do too, cause the sex would be SO much better".

I suppose that's why he's an EX now.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #8  
2 chins down, 1 to go

S/C/G: 387/228/175

Totally understand the ex boyfriends! I didn't start losing weight until after my ex asked for a divorce so I'm sorta grateful to him for that but most of the time, I just work that much harder if I think about him and his new woman - she's shorter than me and heavier than me so, admittedly, I do think about looking thin and hot should we ever run into each other (which is unlikely since he bailed to AZ to live with her and I'm in Chicago but you never know!).

I say take the motivation from wherever you can find it.
ShesLosingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

I don't think my motivators are weird but one main one is to ride a roller coaster and not be scared the lap belt won't fit. Also, I just want to wear a tank top... in public. This is one of my biggest motivators! I do not feel comfortable at all showing my arms. It's like one of the hardest things for me to get over. I literally wear cute jackets over everything I wear because of my arms even in the summer. I worked in a hospital the past two year and NEVER not once didn't wear a long sleeve shirt or a jacket with my scrub top. I am suprised I managed to not think about it a whole lot on my wedding day or else it may have ruined it!

Last edited by PastriestoPushups; 02-28-2011 at 01:09 AM. Reason: bad choice of color
PastriestoPushups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

I love the checklist per pound idea!! I'm soo gonna do that!!
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Oh... I thought of another MAJOR MAJOR motivator for me! I want to have an after picture! I know that sounds weird, but I am sure many share this sale aspiration in the weight loss world. To show a before and after picture will feel amazing!
PastriestoPushups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #12  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneyy View Post
"Wow, I wish I had a body like that" and he came back with "Yeah, I do too, cause the sex would be SO much better".
Wow...I'm pretty sure if any guy said that to me I'd punch him in his face and walk out the door. (yea I can me a little violent but only to the ones who deserve it haha)
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie90 View Post
If I wasnt good enough then, youre not good enough now fella!
I love this!!!

My motivation is fitting into all the new clothes I bought since I lost weight. I spent a ton of money and I got rid of my old "fat" clothes. I don't want another shopping spree. It wouldn't be as fun as the last one.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/127

Height: 5'0"

I have a whole LIST of these (literally!) but it's a notebook that's in my car and I'm far too lazy for that at 11 PM.

They include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Vacation. Beach beach beach. I'm going at least once this summer - possibly twice - and I don't want to be one of those girls that's wearing a bathing suit she shouldn't be.
2) The sooner I get to my goal weight, the sooner I can focus on maintenance and the less I will have to COMPLETELY BUST MY ***.
3) I feel like the chubby look that I've got really doesn't help me as far as professionalism goes. I want people, as shallow as it may sound, to know that I've got my crap together and that I take care of myself. I want them to respect me.
4) So I don't have to worry about seeing past ex boyfriends and the look of horror on their face when they realize how I've 'let myself go.'
5) If I don't achieve the body that I want now, before I have kids.. I probably never will. I need to enjoy it while I can. While it's still my own.
6) Half of my family lives in Ohio, where I'm from, and I only see them once or twice a year. I want them to **** bricks when they see my future fine, fit self.
7) Posting my weight every morning is tremendous motivation alone. I know I have to check in and it keeps my hand steadier than it normally would be when I think about sneaking something extra out of the pantry.
8) I LOVE, love, love that I'm able to wear my old cute clothes. And I can't wait to go shopping for new summer dresses.

I'd say that will do for the time being! Expect more to follow.

Last edited by tabitl; 03-05-2011 at 11:59 PM.
tabitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/127

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
Wow...I'm pretty sure if any guy said that to me I'd punch him in his face and walk out the door. (yea I can me a little violent but only to the ones who deserve it haha)
Ditto! That's just downright nasty.
tabitl is offline   Reply With Quote