Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 7 (2/21-2/27)

shan84
02-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Hello ladies,

Will try to have results tomorrow sometime.

8 freebies used and 4 players eliminated this week.

I can't stress anymore the importance of weighing in on time. Just because Sunday is the official weigh in day, doesn't mean you have to wait until Sunday night to post your weigh in.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

shan84
02-20-2011, 11:42 PM
By the way, the threads are late getting up because when the weigh in cut off time rolls around its actually 11am here on Monday in SK so I usually do the cut offs for weigh in freebies/eliminations in a short 5 minutes in my classroom and everything else during my usual 30 minute break when my kids are in music class. However, I gave my aid a break today and stayed with the kids in music myself today so I was late posting threads. Sorry to those who were waiting.

A plus for next week's weigh in- We are on a school holiday so I will be at home to do the weigh in and post threads on time!

MadamButterfly
02-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Rainbow, you couldn't have said it more beautifully . . . I feel the same way too. I need all of you and I think I get something from EVERY post. Whether it's info or advice or whether I get to know you a bit better. All I know is that I need all of you and I hope that maybe I can help someone, even if it's just a teeny, tiny, little bit.

OK, now for my RANT . . . THEY STOLE MY BUTT-ER . . . I saw a commercial tonight, I think it was Jenny Craig (not sure though) and this woman is talking about losing weight and said I've lost 12 pounds so far and holds up a tray with 12 1-lb blocks o BUTT-ER . . . at first I was a little mad, but then I thought about it and I'm glad that someone else can now relate their weight loss to BUTT-er, but they should have used STICKS, . . . . maybe stacked them end to end straight up to the sky . . . now that would be cool, 36 sticks o BUTT-er stacked up to the sky . . . OK, I'm better now . . .

Congratulations EVERYONE for a GREAT week and next week will be even BETTER . . . I need to go to bed, I shoveld snow before work and again afterwards, I almost didn't get into the neighborhood as they hadn't plowed yet . . . I followed the tracks of what I am sure was a truck . . . then just gunned it to get into the driveway . . . they are calling for 12+ inches, lots of wind and drifting, so those of you east of the Mississippi . . . hang on, it's a comin'

OK, shower, then bed . . .

CourtneyDaisey
02-21-2011, 07:37 AM
GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I had my 7 year old with us for the weekend, which explains why I wasn't around at all. I hope everyone had fun and experienced some weight loss! With two trips to Golden Corral and a spaghetti dinner over the weekend, I was pleased to end up with a 0.6 pound loss overall. I had to use my cell phone to post my weigh in last night so my blog hasn't been updated yet. I hope to find time tonight to update it while I am at my mom's house.

We did order a new power cord for our laptop yesterday so hopefully I will have a computer to use next weekend! Woo hoo! I feel so disconnected at home without a functioning computer.

Somehow I messed up my wrist this weekend. I woke up Sunday morning in a lot of pain. My husband went and bought me a nice wrist brace to use and it is definitely helping. But when I take it off, boy does it hurt! Hopefully it will feel better soon.

We are also back down to BOTH cars being out of commission. Our truck still has the blown head gasket. And our Expedition...well, we believe something's wrong with the electrical system. It won't start (even though it has a brand new battery and a brand new starter and starter solenoid). You turn the key and nothing happens. :( We are going to have it towed to the dealership tomorrow morning and get it looked at. I fear though because of the age of the vehicle and the miles on it (181000) that they will tell us to trade it in on a different car. I just can't afford payments right now. My dad is helping us out and will be talking to the service guys there for us. So...the only usably car we have right now is my dad's truck (which he loaned to us a couple of weeks ago). My husband is driving that and my father-in-law is driving me to and from work right now until the car issues are taken care of. Because of this, getting to the gym this week may be a challenge. I'll just have to see what I can do.

Green With Envy Challenge
Are you eating your green? Over the weekend I had a big salad with my spaghetti on Saturday night and an omelette with peppers in it on Sunday. Tonight I plan to have some steamed :broc: with my dinner. I love broccoli!!!!!

JayTee - :cheer: You are SOOOOOO hitting Onederland this week girl!!!!! I can feel it! Keep pulling that train! I am putting you at the front of the pack this week, leading us on to your spot in Onederland! We will all be cheering for you! :D

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

peanutt
02-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Good morning, teammates!! It's a holiday here today so DH and I have an extra day to relax and try and kick this flu/cold that's knocked us down. The fever seems to finally be completely gone. Now I'm just stuck with a nasty cough and sinus issues. If that doesn't clear up it'll make workouts difficult this week. I'll at least get some walking in.

JayTee - I'll pledge 1 lb for this week. I'm a little unsure of what's going to happen following my fever sweat loss of last week. :?:

JayTee
02-21-2011, 08:46 AM
http://www.marylousweigh.com/images/misc/feature.jpg

In case you missed the very end of the thread for last week, Pvt. Rainbow reported:

ROCKIN' RED TEAM!!
WOOOHOOOOO
WE DiD iT!!
WE PLEDGED 20 POUNDS
AND WE LOST
21.7!!!!
PLUS ALL THE REST OF THE
GREAT LOSES THIS WEEK
THAT WEREN'T PLEDGED!!

WHO IS IN THIS WEEK?!?!?! PROMISE-ME-POUNDS!

I'm putting myself down for 2lbs. this week. Thanks Courtney for the vote of confidence but I fear a bit of a plateau coming on this week.

And ladies, BRAVO to all of you for hanging in there. So many of you have huge amounts of stress in your lives. If I had even half the problems I'd be curled up in a fetal position in a dark corner refusing to move a muscle. Over the past two to three weeks our Red Team has had a death in the family, children hospitalized, day-long journeys to assist ailing parents, severe financial crisis, the flu running rampant, taking on a new job, and several freakish blizzards! I mean seriously, ENOUGH! You all deserve to be rewarded for your perseverance and I wish each of you the best for the last few weeks of our journey together!

:drill:

Week 7 Pledges:
JayTee --- WILL lose 2lbs.
Peanutt --- WILL lose 1lb.
CharlieJune --- WILL lose 1lb.
??????????????????????????

CharlieJune
02-21-2011, 09:09 AM
I'll pledge one pound but am seriously worried that my weight will go back up after I start eating solids again.. BUT here's hoping!

Bobbolink
02-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Congrat Red Team for your amazing weight loss this week. I have to agree with Susan on the sadness of losing team mates, I couldn't have said it better myself. Three past honorable mentions were eliminated on our team.:shrug:
it really makes me sad :(
to see our team losing members...i have tried to send personal messages and private messages to encourage and lift them up, but...in the end, i know it has to be their choice...either they want it this time, or they don't. even so....it's sad to me. :(

i am soooooooooo thankful for all of you ladies :hug:who are staying strong and posting every week and weighing in every week...
what some of you may not realize is that...

I NEED YOU!!
WE ALL NEED EACH OTHER!!!

I get inspiration from reading about your butter sticks, green with envy challenges, etc. Keep up the great losses and we'll all win in the end.

JayTee
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
SARGE'S PROMISE-ME-POUNDS UPDATE:

I salute you Week 7 Pledgees!

Rainbow --- WILL lose 2 lbs.

http://www.onlinecollegemoms.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Salute.jpg

CourtneyDaisey
02-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Stg. JayTee - I pledge 2 pounds this week! Come on 230's!!!!! :cheer:

skinnycow126
02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Courtney-- Good luck with everything. I agree with Rainbow, bad stuff comes in threes so you are in for a HUGE spell of good luck!!!

Jaytee- I would like to pledge 2lbs. I KNOW I can do it!!!

After having a very difficult week staying on plan, I muscled through yesterday and now I feel much more in control! No more carb cravings and off to the gym later tonight. Next week the plethora of exercise classes I signed up for start, so I am trying to exercise every day so my body doesn't go into shock.

MadamButterfly
02-21-2011, 01:24 PM
WELCOME TO THE LAND OF SNOW!!!!

Yes, more snow, (about 14") OH MY . . . so I shoveled for about an hour this AM, then the plow came through . . . so another 1 1/2 hours of shoveling . . . can you say: MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!

OK sarge, I'm in for 2 lbs this week, I've felt bloated for the past week so hopefully that will go away along with whatever BUTT-er I can melt away . . .

Courtney: YES, bad things come in threes, so you should be done, just hang in there

Rainbow: they SHOULD give me royalties . . . ohhhhhhhhhhhhh wouldn't that be sweeeeeeeeet . . .

CharlieJune: Don't fret . . . YOU CAN DO IT . . . I SEE 2 MILES IN YOUR FUTURE, ok, maybe one to begin with . . . just start moving again . . .

skinnycow: alright . . . back to the gym and eating right . . . don't forget your green . . . :lol3: I have a granny smith packed for a snack later tonight.

OK, ladies it's HUMP WEEK AND WE ARE GOING TO HUMP IT ALL WEEK LONG!!! JayTee, take your mind out of the gutter . . . :rofl:

wendychic
02-21-2011, 01:37 PM
I pledge 2 lbs!!!! I will weigh in early this week due to going out of town for a basketball tournament for my daughter. We can do this!!!!!

JayTee
02-21-2011, 04:21 PM
SARGE'S PROMISE-ME-POUNDS UPDATE:

Courtney --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
SkinnyCow --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
MadameGooey --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
Wendychic --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
CanadaMel --- WILL lose .5 lbs.

Again, I salute you Week 7 - Hump Week Pledgees!

http://www.onlinecollegemoms.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Salute.jpg

BTW, special Medal of Valor awarded to Rainbow for reaching out to our fallen comrades and keeping us motivated!

Madame Goo--my mind is always in the gutter...can't help it. :) And, you should get royalties. I mean seriously, haven't they seen you avatar?

Wendy--are those high school bball games? Does your daughter want to play in college? My daughter plays volleyball at a D3 school and loves it!
I miss club volleyball season!

ok, that's all for now. I just came back from the dentist where I had a panic attack in the chair, they were one 1 away from dialing 9-1-1, and I need to go curl up in the fetal position in a warm corner and make the world go away for awhile.

Soldier on team!

CanadaMel
02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Congrats to the red team for having another stellar week. I am going to pledge 0.5 lbs this week
Today is Family day, so we took the kids swimming. I swam a couple of laps which felt good.
Back to the basics tomorrow

JayTee
02-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Way to go Mel! I edited and added you to list up above. Way to stay with us!
Back to the basics is right.

Basic Training all!!!!!!

wendychic
02-21-2011, 09:37 PM
It is 5th grade basketball. The child is more athletic than I ever was a kid. I am trying to talk her into giving volleyball a try, she doesn't like the shorts.

shan84
02-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Sorry no results yet Red Team. I'm waiting to hear from one of our members about a mix up. Hope to have results for you soon.

~Shannon

shan84
02-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Update on Freebies:

One Freebie Used
Bette K
CourtneyDaisy
Hungry4AChange
cherrypie
BlueEyes65
GettinFit
IceQueen
lavieboheme73
Two Freebies Used and In Danger of Elimination as Official Member
wfonseca3017
luckycharm
Nixmom
GypsyLove
faeart
pokeycactus
chickadee dee dee

CourtneyDaisey
02-22-2011, 07:22 AM
WELCOME TO THE LAND OF SNOW!!!!
OK, ladies it's HUMP WEEK AND WE ARE GOING TO HUMP IT ALL WEEK LONG!!! JayTee, take your mind out of the gutter . . . :rofl:

:rofl: She's not the only one with her mind in the gutter! Add mine to that gutter! Hahahahaha! :rofl: Can we count that as exercise? ;)

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Monday. We did get my Expedition towed to the dealership...and the stupid thing started right up. My dad talked to them and told them to just keep going out and starting the car periodically and eventually it would stop starting and they would see what's going on with it. So we'll see what happens today. My wrist is also on the mend. I wore the brace for two days but this morning it feels fine so I am brace free! :cheer:

I did great yesterday...until dinner. I had a coupon for Kohl's so I went and bought some new shirts and a much needed new pair of shoes. My husband got four pairs of pants out of the deal too. Afterwards it was really late and I didn't feel like coming home and cooking. We ended up stopping at Zaxby's and getting the chicken fingers and a baskey of fries to split. We took that home (and shared with the cats and dog) and ate and had cream soda with it. How is it that I can do so great at work and then blow it out when I get home right before bed? Not good! And my green? Nonexistent yesterday. :( I let the team down on that.

So, today's a new day and I vow to do much better! My husband's working tonight so I have the truck today. I can go home, have leftover spaghetti and steamed broccoli, and maybe even take the youngun' and the dog outside for a bit. I've never tried walking both of them alone before. We'll see if I am feeling adventurous enough for that challenge! I also didn't have time to pack my lunch this morning so I have to go out. What should I get? I am debating between a salad or a $5 foot long veggie sub from Subway.

JayTee
02-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Courtney --- Think about the following image next time your faced with a similar dinner choice. I have to laugh tho. Imagine if we were still in high school and a teammate did something where the punishment involved the whole team having to run sprints or something. I'd totally beat the @#!P out of you. Now I have this vision of my 54 year old self coming over there to beat you...lol.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71158_432325630569_7457861_n.jpg

RISE AND SHINE BUTT-ER PLATOON! IT'S NEW DAY. GIVE ME YOUR BEST!!!

MadamButterfly
02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Good morning ladies;

Rainbow and JayTee: I LOVE THE POSTERS,
STILL LAUGHING AT JAYTEE'S . . . OH MY . . .

I shoveled AGAIN last night when I got home from work BUT it was VERY LIGHT AND FLUFFY, thank goodness

I think my head is in a good place now . . . the end of February is hard for me mentally, but I WILL OVERCOME AND CONQUER!!

OK, going to post my workout, no push-ups today (shoulders and back are toooooo sore)

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

CourtneyDaisey
02-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Courtney --- Think about the following image next time your faced with a similar dinner choice. I have to laugh tho. Imagine if we were still in high school and a teammate did something where the punishment involved the whole team having to run sprints or something. I'd totally beat the @#!P out of you. Now I have this vision of my 54 year old self coming over there to beat you...lol.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71158_432325630569_7457861_n.jpg

RISE AND SHINE BUTT-ER PLATOON! IT'S NEW DAY. GIVE ME YOUR BEST!!!

:eek:

:rofl: I'd have to laugh too, but dang! That's right...Jillian right in my face would scare the teetotal crap outta me!!!! :eek:

The Sarge is gonna GET MEEEE! :eek: :eek: :eek:

For the record, I got veggie sushi for lunch today from Publix and some Mary's Gone Crackers. They're a vegan and gluten-free cracker. Very crunchy! I've never had them before but they are really good! It's a sesame flavor and the crunch adds some texture to the sushi. The sushi has avocado, cucumbers, wasabi, seaweed, carrots, brown rice, ginger slices, and soy sauce. YUM!!!! And getting my GREEN in!

JayTee
02-22-2011, 01:01 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/164282/thumbs/s-JILLIAN-MICHAELS-large.jpg

Jillian heard about your lunch choice and is pleased Courtney...She doesn't want to have to leave the ranch to come find you!

Hey Madame -- had enough snow yet? From here in Chicago I thank you for taking the brunt of that last storm. You got the Packers so you can have the snow too! BTW, I'm thinking of giving you a new name after your last post...Madame Light & Fluffy!

Rainbow -- Good day?!?!?!!? Great episode of Heavy last night!

How's the rest of the squad doing today?

CourtneyDaisey
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I am staring at the photo of Jillian to keep from eating the chunk of birthday cake that literally got put on my desk. One of my coworkers is having a birthday today and she put the cake on my desk while I was on the phone. Eep! I need to find a way to toss it without getting caught.

CourtneyDaisey
02-22-2011, 03:14 PM
NSV for me!!! I got rid of the cake! I didn't just throw it away. I buried that sugary butt-er gaining crap at the bottom of the can! Then threw other papers on top of it so I couldn't look at it!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: How's that Sarge? :D

Woo hoo! No cake is gonna sabotage me! Those dang 2 pounds are coming off this week! :cheer:

JayTee
02-22-2011, 03:26 PM
COURTNEY MADE SARGE...

http://thecheesefreak.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/smiley.jpg

Good Work!

kneed2lose
02-22-2011, 04:03 PM
GREAT JOB TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE STICKING TO THIS!!! ALL YOU LADIES ARE DOING AMAZING AND ARE BEYOND INSPIRATIONAL!!! :hug:

Now...ZEBRA CAKES!??!!

I have the worst sweet tooth ever!! Zebra cakes are an all time favorite and a big time weakness of mine!...My sister bought a box...and I went crazy... =(

What food is your weakness and how do you do you ladies stop yourself from eating it??

Also...I know many people have all sorts of food cravings when its that TOM....do you ladies have any suggestions on how to control those as well!??!

wen
02-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Well, I'm ready to pledge. Done with TOM and ready to rock and roll.:lifter:

I pledge 2lbs. I'm pushing myself for 3 or 4 really, but don't want to pledge that much in case I sabatoge myself. LOL :p

I've been doing WW points plus and it was a huge loss at first, now it is just 1lb or 0 lbs a week - I'm going to do a new jump start & go on my own diet for a while, then back to weight watchers when I feel I've lost enough.

skinnycow126
02-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Happy Tuesday all!!!! I hope everyone is warm and well!!! We had a bit of wintery weather, and I am officially over it. Spring cannot come fast enough. I find it so much more difficult to go work out in the cold.

Courtney- Way to go with the cake!!!! My office was FULL of sweets last week, and I wasn't as successful.

Kneed- I LOVE bagels with cream cheese. If give the chance, I could probably eat 6 in one sitting and still want more!

JayTee
02-22-2011, 06:40 PM
UPDATING SARGE'S TOTE BOARD WITH ANOTHER RECRUIT!!!

Courtney --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
SkinnyCow --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
MadameGooey --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
Wendychic --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
CanadaMel --- WILL lose .5 lbs.
Wen --- WILL lose 2 lbs.

THIS KEEPS SARGE HAPPY, WHICH IS OF COURSE IS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!

Eat Green! Drink Water! Stay on Plan! Tomorrow is Hump Day of Hump Week. I hear it's a magical time when many NSV's arrive for everyone!

Carry on!

CharlieJune
02-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Okay, who said it comes in threes?? I have had the flu since sunday and today my little girl's test came back positive for it as well. This. Is. Tough.

CourtneyDaisey
02-23-2011, 07:44 AM
[B]

What food is your weakness and how do you do you ladies stop yourself from eating it??

My food weakness is cheesecake. I love it. I have no willpower when it comes to cheesecake. Whether it's slices of it, New York Style, French Style, with strawberries, in a Dairy Queen Blizzard...it doesn't matter. If cheesecake is there I will eat it...and eat a lot of it.

My solution: I don't buy it and do my best to avoid it if I see it. Working for a food service provider, we get to sample foods quite often from vendors. There's a guy who comes around from King's Cheesecakes from time to time with samples. Oh my God are those cheesecakes GOOD!!!! I see him and wish I could sneak an entire cheesecake into my purse and take it home. (It wouldn't make it home because I'd be in that box so FAST!) So when I see him I have to just go hang at my desk and not walk by his table or I'll be getting samples all day long.

[COLOR="Red"]GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!

:cheer: It's Hump Day of Hump Week!!!! Can you believe we're halfway through this challenge? So...it's time for some introspection. Look at how you've done so far. Are you happy with your results so far? Or (like me) do you see things that need improvement so you can achieve your goals for participating? I definitely am not pleased with my progress so far. I know the cause of it. Not getting to the gym enough and eating way too much of "the bad stuff" is causing me to lose and gain the same stupid five pounds over and over again. I'm so tired of that!

Remember...as my friend Allison told me... "Losing weight isn't a 'sometime' thing. You have to give it 110% every day to be successful." Are you giving that 110% every day? I know I haven't been. I've gotten into a rut where I do fabulously at work. I even make it to the gym some. But then I get home and "reward" myself with bad foods for being so good all day...which basically undoes all of my hard work throughout the day. That's the peril of being me. One bad choice at the table can undo hours of hard work! I also am letting my family guide me into bad food choices. No one else in my house is (really) trying to lose weight. So we have pie, cake, Girl Scout Cookies, sodas, and gobs of unhealthy food choices there as well. That also makes it tougher for me at home than it does during the day at work. Still, I can't let my family's choice to eat this way affect me. I can still take a little extra time to cook myself a healthier choice. If they want chicken fettucine alfredo, I can make the same noodles but top mine with marinara sauce and mushrooms instead of the chicken and fat-filled alfredo sauce. It won't take that much extra work, in spite of what I tell myself. So let's persevere!!! :cheer: Push away that birthday cake! Get off that couch! Turn off that computer (but don't forget to come back and share how your days went and weigh in on time)!

Green with Envy Challenge
How are you coming along with eating your greens? I ate lots of green yesterday with my veggie sushi and big salad for dinner! Today I will probably be paying a visit to Subway for a veggie sub for lunch. No mayo either! Spicy mustard and oil and vinegar will be my condiments of choice on lots of veggies. Dinner tonight is still up in the air. I have to think about what I want to fix.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! And hopefully Friday I will get a package from Amazon with my new laptop power cord! Then I'll have a working computer at home again! :broc: :broc: :broc: I hope my blog readers aren't upser at me for not being able to blog over the past couple of weeks. The blog sites are blocked from my work computer (but 3FC isn't). So I can post here but not on my blog. Come on Friday! Come on power cord! :dance:

JayTee
02-23-2011, 08:42 AM
RISE & SHINE! IT'S HUMP DAY OF HUMP WEEK!!!
Which calls for a special image!

http://img3.photographersdirect.com/img/15326/wm/pd2100763.jpg

If you're done laughing, I'll build on what Courtney posted earlier. We've accomplished so much already, the Red team alone has lost over 335 lbs! But, we have a long road ahead of us. For some this whole diet and exercise thing is getting easier, but for others it's still a daily struggle.

STAY TOUGH TEAM! ARMY TOUGH! YOU CAN DO IT!

Carry On!

skinnycow126
02-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Good morning red team! I hope everyone gets a chance to eat their green today!!!!

Tonight I am trying zumba for the very first time. Should be fun!!

MadamButterfly
02-23-2011, 12:59 PM
SARGE JAYTEE . . . LOVE THOSE CAMELS WITH HUMPS ON HUMP DAY OF HUMP WEEK . . . OH MY . . . . OH MY GOODNESS

WOW, THE RED TEAM HAS LOST 335 POUNDS, MELTED AWAY IN THE FORM OF . . .
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS . .

1340 STICKS O BUTT-ER . . .

OMG, THAT'S A LOT O BUTT-ER

Now we are half way, but we still have half way to go, which means continuing for those who are on track and and OPPORTUNITY for those of us who are struggling . . . so let's just DO IT!!!

Skinnycow . . . ZUMBA . . . :belly: I LOVE ZUMBA, let us know how you like it . . . are you doing DVDs, Wii or a class . . . I haven't done a class yet, but I think it would be GREAT FUN!!

Food weakness . . . hmmmmm, CHOCOLATE and Ummmmmm CHOCOLATE and CHOCOLATE . . . I am so addicted to it . . . I still eat chocolate . . . 5 dark chocolate kisses a day . . . MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! Needless to say I don't stay away from it . . . BUT I do use some controls so I can still enjoy . . . can you say strawberries dipped in chocolate, chocolate cheese cake, chocolate fountains, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, chocolate easter bunnies, chocolate hearts . . . chocolate ice cream with chocolate fudge on top, and chocolate brownies and . . . . OK I need to change the subject or I'm gonna be in BIG, BIG TROUBLE . . . :lol3:

Courtney: WTG on control with the cheesecake . . . I'd be stuffing it in my purse and then crawling into my purse after it . . . OH MY . . .

Rainbow: are you down and out again . . . OH NO!!

CharlieJune: Hang in there girl . . . YOU ARE TOUGHER (as Rainbow said) . . . YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Everyone have a HAPPY HUMP DAY IN HUMP WEEK . . . LET'S HUMP IT OUT (OH MY . . . ) :o

CourtneyDaisey
02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hahahahahahahaha!!! That was a good one Susan!!!

JayTee
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
In this battle we have two choices:

http://www.destinationraleigh.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/SEO-Easy-Button.png

OR

http://jillandkate.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/easy-button.jpg

Oh, if it were only that easy...

JayTee
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Hey Rainbow---glad you're back! There's no hanging head! There's plenty o'time until Sunday. I know you! I know you give it 110% everyday. Turning the corner...turning the corner to the second half of this marathon!

BlueEyes65
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Hello Red Team:wave: Hope your all doing well. Me? Well I missed weigh in last week due to falling asleep.:( . I'm in this week, if need be I can edit it before or on Sunday...

Keep on going, in the end we all win!:carrot:

I have turkey meatloaves in the oven ( the muffin size ones) gotta love em ,:hungry: I can eat 2 of those babies for only 175 calories.(of course that's not all I will eat:)) Anyways they are about done. Gotta fly!

Good luck this week everyone.

peanutt
02-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Do we know if we won this week or not yet? I'm hopeful!

I'm mostly over the cold/flu that knocked me down at the end of last week. I just have this nagging dry cough that's not going anywhere. I tried going for a brisk walk today at lunch and between the cough and the freezing cold air I was not a happy camper. Oh well, coughing is a good ab workout, right? ;)

Our fridge and cupboards are getting pretty bare since I spent the weekend in bed instead of doing my usual weekly menu plan and grocery shop. DH is going to hit up the store with me when he gets home from work. We're trying a new fruit or vegetable every time we go shopping - wonder what we'll end up with this week! We also have to pick up some cucumber and peanut butter.....those are Charlie's favorite human treats and it's his first birthday today!

Hope you're all well, teammates!

shan84
02-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey ladies,

Results later today in a few hours. I've given one of our team members enough time to get back to me and no news so I am going to deal with it and post results soon.

Angie
02-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi all. Rough weigh in for me today. I'm at 222, so up 1.2...up for the 3rd day in a row despite sticking to my plan. The only 'off' thing is that I ate restaurant food on the weekend (but was still on plan and within my calories), and yesterday I brought a rotisserie chicken home for dinner and ate 1 breast with salad. Nothing I haven't done in the past with better results. I'm going to try switching up some foods and see if I can get things moving again. I think I'll do some cooking on the weekend in order to make sure I have on plan food ready when needed. I'm soooo ready to be out of the 220s.

JayTee
02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
OMG, I love cartoon Sarge running after one of his pledgees!

Fingers crossed on Red winning last weeks weigh-in. I think it's really, really close. Like . 02 ounces or something! And, Sarge HATES losing!

AngiE, Rainbow & others...WATER, WATER, WATER!!!!! 64 ounces a day at a minimum. It soooooo helps that melt that goo all the more quickly!

Peanutt -- glad you're back...coughing, but back!

Don't give up ladies. Don't give in. We're half way there!

P.S. Sarge hit ONEderland today! Hump day of hump week was indeed a magical day!

CharlieJune
02-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Hoooraaaayyy, JayTee!! Peanutt, I totally relate to the coughing thing. I sound as if I have been smoking for seventy years when I cough. I am still so weak it's ridiculous and I am obsessing over how hard it was to get to two miles and now being unable to to exercise. I tried just using my hand weights today and with just a few reps, my chest felt like it was on fire from the exertion. We'll recover and come back better than ever though! Go RED!

skinnycow126
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Jaytee- Congrats on wonder-land. Reaching it was probably the happiest day of my weight loss journey. You must be thrilled.

Charlie & Peanutt- Feel better! Please take care of yourselves!

Angie- It can be so frustrating to stick to your plan and not lose. Stick with it and you will do great!

I went to my first zumba class tonight. It was really fun, although I am TERRIBLE. I also question whether it burns as many calories as it alleges, but I will stick with it as it is WAY more fun than ellipticalling.

shan84
02-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Red Team Week 6 Results

Biggest Loser-
peanutt, -4lbs, -2.15% :celebrate: :congrat: :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Honorable Mentions-
Charlie June, -5lbs, -2.04% :cheer: :cheer:
JayTee, -3lbs, -1.47% :cheer: :cheer:

shan84
02-23-2011, 11:35 PM
The blue team won the overall biggest loser this week and the week 6 weigh in. We need to step it up for this week ladies. It's hump day which means we have plenty of time to turn it around.

JayTee- Sorry I haven't pledged yet. I would feel bad pledging and then having nothing to show for it. I've been back at the gym this week but I'm not showing any weight loss even though I'm burning tons of calories and sweatig my butt off. So I'm afraid to pledge something. Put me down for a loss of some kind, I hope.

Rainbow- Kudos to you for all your encouragement to the team. It's a great addition to the team to have such a genuine cheerleader available day in and day out.

Skinnycow- Hang in there with the zumba. It's loads of fun. Wish they had it here in SK so I could do it.

Well ladies, I'm hanging in here. Like I said, I've been on point for food and exercise for going on two weeks now and not seeing any results from it. Getting concerned about my water intake, but I'm drinking a lot and I'm staying hydrated. I have been eating a larger amount of fruits lately and I'm wondering if that is affecting anything. Also, my leg muscles and arm muscles ache like crazy. It's hard to walk let alone try to sit down to use the restroom (TMI I know). But its true. My trainer really did me in on Tuesday. Now its Thursday and tonight I have another round of Hot Yoga. Yesterday I went to the gym ten minutes early and after the elliptical I had a nice small sweat going into yoga...but BOY did I SUPER SWEAT inside the actual class. Just really impatient and ready to start seeing results on the scale too.

CourtneyDaisey
02-24-2011, 08:16 AM
CONGRATS Peanutt, CharlieJune, and JayTee!!!!! And super congrats to JayTee for hitting Onederland!!!!!!
:broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WOOT!!!!!

That's IT! I am so DONE with stupid Golden Corral. My husband and I went out (again) last night for dinner. I always think to myself "I'll stick with the veggies and the salad bar and avoid the dessert buffet." But does that ever happen? Oh heck no. So, I vow to NOT go to Golden Corral again (or any other restaurant where making a healthy food choice is hard) until this challenge is over! I don't have the willpower to say no when it's in front of me. Therefore, I just have to keep it from getting in front of me in the first place.

Tonight my husband is working so my daughter and I are planning to go to my mom's for turkey sandwiches with tomato and cucumbers for dinner.

Come on Friday!!!!! This weekend is going to be so busy but it's going to be so fun too! My best friend and I are renting a tiller from Home Depot and are going to plant gardens. He's doing a vegetable garden and I am doing a flower garden. I have a list of all the shrubs, trees, and flowers I am buying tomorrow night. He already has his plants. We're getting up early and going to Home Depot when they open at 8:00AM and spending the day digging in our yards. Talk about some exercise!!!! That should help burn off some of this crappy Golden Corral dinner last night.

Amazon says our order has shipped so anyday now I am hoping to get a package with my new laptop power cord! Then I can get on here at home and finally update my poor blog!

JayTee
02-24-2011, 08:48 AM
RED TEAM LOST AGAIN?!?!

SARGE IS...

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/091105/GAL-09Nov05-3029/media/PHO-09Nov05-186323.jpg

And this posted on Blue Thread this morning:
Congratulations Blue Team for winning week # 6!
That makes us 4-2 in favor of Blue, but who's counting!

Now Sarge is @#!@!!

MadamButterfly
02-24-2011, 11:16 AM
OK, so much happening . . . I don't know where to start . . .

:congrat:

SARGE JAY TEE

IS IN

ONE-DER-LAND

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Yea, we lost again . . . so it's time to BUMP IT UP OR IS THAT HUMP IT UP . . . LOLOLOLOL but seriously, if we are all losing (pounds), then EVERYONE WINS!!!

JayTee: I love the pics I don't know where you find all these pics, but they are SOOO GREAT!!

Rainbow: Glad you are feeling a bit better. I'm still laughing about SARGE chasing Beetle Bailey . . . too funny . . .

Peanut: :congrat: YOU ARE THE BIGGEST LOSER!!! Feel BETTER SOON!!!

CharlieJune: :congrat: TO YOU TOO!! WOW, I didn't realize you lost 5 pounds . . . WOW!! Hope you feel better soon, then you'll be walking those 2 miles . . . OH YEAH!!

Courtney: Ohhhhh girl, you crack me up . . . NO MORE GOLDEN CORRAL FOR YOU !!!! LOLOLOL Plant that garden . . . I planted my peppers the other day . . . they will be inside for at least 2 months before they can go outside . . . oh I need to live in a warmer climate . . . :brr:

Shan - I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO intimidated by a personal trainer . . . HE might make me melt my BUTT-er . . . keep at it and it will MELT AWAY!!!

SkinnyCow: :belly: ZUMBA!! I am terrible too, I have the DVD's, have done the instructional video and done most of the others SEVERAL times and gone to the neighbors to do ZUMBA Wii . . . and I still can't really do some of the moves . . . moving feet & hips & arms & shoulders . . . OH MY, it's a wonder I haven't tripped over my own feet and broken something . . . BUT hang in there, you will get better and it is DEFINITELY more fun than the elliptical !!!

Angie - JUST HANG IN THERE . . . change things up, if need be . . . :hug: You WILL BE OUT OF THE 220's SOON!!! YOU CAN DO IT, MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!!

The weekend is almost here and I am OFF work . . . SOOOO glad, planning to go DANCING :dance: on Sunday evening. Going to hear a Mexican band play . . . maybe I can put that ZUMBA to good use . . . LOLOLOL I'm so uncoordinated . . . but it should be fun and they are more known for their romantic music so I might be OK . . . :belly:

Angie
02-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Ugh. Well, color me disenchanted, another on plan day, another 1lb gained. UnbelievableÖI could understand sitting still, or bouncing around even, but just gain after gain? It seems to me that I shed water each day, but between when I go to sleep and when I wake up my fingers feel pudgy, are there other causes of water retention that Iím overlooking?
Today I thought I could give in and just indulge in some off plan food, but I decided to go to the other extreme instead. I had turkey sausages for breakfast, but for the rest of today I am a vegan. I brought fresh raw veggies for lunch and will also stick to veggies for dinner, plus lots and lots of water today. Iím going to flush this damn sodium and water out if it kills me. (PS -- I hope its okay for vegans to eat a tablespoon of lite ranch as dip -- I canít stand eating broccoli raw without it.) I only have a few more days to make it into the 2-teens for February, which is my adjusted goal for this month.

Rainbowsmiles -- Thanks I am trying to keep calm and just look at this logically -- after all if I keep making good choices things have to change eventually, right?

Jaytee -- Yes, Iím upping my water intake too, back to drinking my big big 24 oz container at night, that it one habit that got away from me. Congrats on making it to Onederland!! :bravo:

MadameButterfly -- The change I think I need is exercise, which does not come naturally to meÖI need to get moving more. Iím thinking of starting a C25K

:carrot: Congratulations Peanutt on being the biggest loser last week!! :carrot:

Sindaena
02-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Posted my weigh-in for this week, and the scale was in a good mood today. :) We have a snow day here and my workout partner called last night to cancel our morning cardio today. I can walk to the gym, so I will try to head over there later on. And, hopefully the roads will be clear long before tae kwon do time tonight.

We are over half way there! Go Red team!

JayTee
02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
To my Blue posting friend who has since removed her comment about the score being 4-2 wins in favor of blue, but who's counting.... kiss my ever shrinking butt-er!

Any "blue-sers" over there wanna take me on one-n-one? C'mon, bring it!

:drill: is still very, very @$#!@

JayTee
02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Shan--I don't necessarily agree with Rainbow on getting on board the "pledge train." Fact of the matter, weight loss is a personal decision. You're either in, or you're just thinking about it, hoping for it, and dabbling around a bit here and there. Believe me, I've been there. It took me two years to find the motivation to say enough is enough. I had stuffed my face one night and I couldn't move or turn over in bed without heartburn. I absolutely disgusted myself. That was my low point.

One of our teammates recently said weight loss takes 110% effort each and every day and that is absolutely true. Sarge can't watch over you every day nor can I make you lose weight. I can only encourage you all to really, really give it your best. It's much easier to cut calories consumed than burn them off with exercise. The choices you make are yours alone. You know you can drive by a buffet! You don't need to eat chocolate! We're bombarded by information on what is healthy to eat so there really are no excuses.

Our bodies are machines and the formula is simple. Calories in vs. calories out. I wish I could offer up more of a "pep talk," but I decided to direct my discouragement over our team losing every weigh in since "Dorabegone" dumped all over Rainbow to kicking my own butt-er into CRUSH BLUE mode.

For the time being, Sarge is on furlough but working hard...the games are OVER!

Angie
02-24-2011, 10:36 PM
:thanx: Rainbowsmiles -- I'm off to bed and wishing for my whoosh in the morning. Wish me luck!

Angie
02-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I dropped 1lb this morning, but that still leaves me 2lbs above last weeks weigh in -- lots of work to do today and tomorrow so that I can post a loss by Sunday. Sticking to plan again today, it is going to pay off sooner or later. :)

peanutt
02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Sorry I've been MIA guys. This week is really kicking my butt, both at work and at home. I'm absolutely miserable that I haven't gotten in a good workout in a week because of this sickness I can't get rid of fully. I'm hoping a good restful weekend will help me get over the last of this.

skinnycow126
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Sorry I've been absent! With the current state of international affairs (earthquakes, uprising, revolutions), my job has gotten crazy (plus the new puppies)!!! I think we've worked it all out for now though!

This morning I was down, so hopefully that holds tomorrow at my meeting for my official weigh-in. I've been up and down so much lately, it's really making me question my daily weighing strategy!

I need to buy some new workout clothes so I am styling for my Yoga/Pilates classes next week. What do people recommend?

MadamButterfly
02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
RAINBOW, I'M RIGHT HERE!!! LOLOLOL

Work has been crazy this week and I've been getting out late EVERY night . . . UGH and OH NO . . . so I get home late and then by the time I get into bed, it's after midnight . . . UGH!! I can't seem to sleep late so I get up and do my Jillian, eat breakfast, pack supper for work that night and then I'm tired so a quick nap before work . . . <sigh> but tonight is my last night and then OFF FOR THE WEEKEND!!!! THANK GOODNESS!!

Peanut: Here's a cup of tea for you :coffee: I hope you feel better SOON!!

Angie: WTG, now you're headed in the right direction :woohoo:

Rainbow; I love the percentage thing . . . :congrat: TO ALL OF US !!!

OK I have THREE PICS, open them if you dare

The first one is TOOOOOOO CUTE
The second, just in case you need some motivation before weigh in
The third . . . I just can't stop laughing . . . maybe I have a sick sense of humor . .

WEIGH IN IS UPON US . . . DON'T FORGET!!!

Bigmid
02-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Hi just want to let you know that I have posted the results

I would also just like to say that I think these challanges are great when used the way they are intended.....going back a bit on the posts I feel some of the comments posted here are starting to lean a bit on the mean spirited side of things. When making comments on peoples posts please make sure you have all the facts before you decide to pass judgement on to others. I'm not on this team but I take offense to some of the comments. This may not have been the way they were intended and I hope it's not. Please remember that we are all in this together and that no one is perfect otherwise none of us would be here. Please think about going back to just being supportive of one another.

Angie
02-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks Big-Mid, I don't enjoy the challenge as much either when it's so competitive. For me I get the most enjoyment out of a good spirited close race. Any thoughts on having one big team in future rounds with recognition for the biggest loser in the overall group each week?

I do love all the support and encouragement in our red team this round, you guys are really helping to keep my head in the game, and I love to get a little kick in the pants when I deserve it!

Finally! I'm down 2.2 today and finally below 220, only by 2 oz, but still, I saw 219.8 this morning on the scale. I hope that means I'm done with the weirdness of the last week but will still be keeping a close eye on sodium going forward. Yesterday I decided to invest in some new clothes (aka retail therapy), but all a bit small or tight right now...this should help keep me motivated as I want to wear these for a trip to Vegas in May. I bought all size 14 or large and I got 2 pairs of shorts (1 ballet pink, 1 khaki), two cardigans (1 ballet pink, 1 brown), two linen shift dresses (1 black, 1 white) and a light plum top. I shopped at Old Navy so it wasn't too expensive, but still was more money than I've spent on clothes at one time in a loooonnnngggg time.

JayTee
02-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi just want to let you know that I have posted the results

I would also just like to say that I think these challanges are great when used the way they are intended.....going back a bit on the posts I feel some of the comments posted here are starting to lean a bit on the mean spirited side of things. When making comments on peoples posts please make sure you have all the facts before you decide to pass judgement on to others. I'm not on this team but I take offense to some of the comments. This may not have been the way they were intended and I hope it's not. Please remember that we are all in this together and that no one is perfect otherwise none of us would be here. Please think about going back to just being supportive of one another.

More motivation. Thanks!

Angie
02-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Hey guys -- I'm really excited because I just did my first C25K workout, and I am fine. I didn't hurt when I did it, I wasn't incredibly out of breath, I didn't die. I don't know what I was so afraid of...I feel terrific now that I've done it. Can't wait to do the next one!

skinnycow126
02-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Happy weekend all!!! I had a great day on the scale today and wish you all the same!!!!

JayTee
02-26-2011, 12:14 PM
BlueEyes, Angie, Sindaena, Rated, Rainbow, Skinny, & MyBody -- nice job getting your weigh-ins posted early. Congrats all!

MadamButterfly
02-26-2011, 12:24 PM
WEIGH-IN TOMORROW, DON'T FORGET TO POST!!

I did my last chance workout, JM 30-day-shred, Zumba Flat abs and then JM No More Trouble Zones (albeit I only did 27 minutes . . . it's a killer)!!!

Angie: :congrat: for getting out of the 220's . . . keep at it and you'll be in ONE-DER LAND before you know it!!!! and on the "RETAIL THERAPY" I LOVE IT!!! I bought a few new shirts/pants/jeans about 2 months ago and they ALL fit me now . . . it feels SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD . . . OK now I see people writing about this C25K . . . what is it????? (yea I know, not so bright here . . . DUH)

JayTee: There you are, I thought maybe you got stuck in another snow drift . . . oh it looks like I'm going to make my 2 pound pledge this week . . . :woohoo: I'm so glad because i didn't want you and rainbow to chase me with that helicopter . . . :yikes:

skinnycow: hope work settles down for you soon, but I wouldn't count on it . . . hmmmmmmmm you live in D.C., you MUST work for the government (I grew up in the D.C. area, on the Maryland side) . . . oh I bet you have your hands full with work . . . I have my fingers :crossed: for your weigh-in today. As far as the yoga/pilates clothing . . . I have no idea, but I am thinking comfortable and stretchable . . . (I'm all about the comfort)

Desi: Where are you???? Did we EVER find you . . .

Rainbow . . . I love all the inspirational sayings . . . they help me SOOOOO much!!! Keep us goin' woman . . . you are our :cheer:
OK, IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE YOUR LAST CHANCE WORKOUT,
THEN IT'S TIME TO GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND MELT SOME MORE
BUTT-ER!!!!!

Angie
02-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Susan -- Thank you! I'm really motivated to do well pre-Vegas, I'll see some colleagues there that I haven't seen in a long time and I want to knock their socks off! You are pretty determined; you'll have that last .3 (and I bet a few more oz) gone by tomorrow. I was so glad that my weigh in today was less than last week that I just took it, I'm not gambling on tomorrow...lol. How is your pneumonia? Are you feeling much better? Don't put pressure on yourself if your body still needs rest.

MadameButterfly -- Thanks! I was in the 220's far too long :) The shopping was great, and i love picking how the 'new me' will dress...lots of neutrals and khakis with some ballet pink, cream and light blue...very pretty palate I think. The C25K is short for "Couch to 5 Kilometres"...I'd never heard of it until a couple of months ago either. Here is a good explanation of it:

The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks running program C25K, is a fantastic program that's been designed to get just about anyone from the couch to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes in just 9 weeks.

Its secret is that it's a gentle introduction to getting the body moving, starting off alternating between walking and running small distances, and slowly building up until after 8 weeks, you're ready to run 5 kilometers or 30 minutes non stop.

I know lots of people who have used this program and become avid runners; I would love to find a way to love exercise. Most of the people I know who did this were total couch potatoes, so I'm willing to believe it's not out of reach for me either. The great thing is that you can get it totally free...I found a free ipod app for it, but there is tonnes of free info on the internet too.

CourtneyDaisey
02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
GOOD AFTERNOON RED TEAM!!!!!

I sincerely apologize for being MIA on Friday. I was so busy at work. Our receptionist was on vacation so I had to cover the front desk for half of my day. It was extremely busy and consequently very little of my own work got done even though I did try.

This morning I was busy outside. My friend and I were tilling our land for gardens. Mine is all planted and pretty! I have all sorts of colorful flowers in my yard now. I can't wait until everything fills out and looks all gorgeous! My husband liked it too. He saw it when he got home and said that he liked what I had done with the yard. :) Yay!

On the car side, we did get our Expedition back on Friday morning. Turns out the starter relay was messed up and we now have a new one. It's so good to have the car fixed again! Now to get the other one fixed and all will be good. I have to return my dad's truck to him tomorrow. It will be sad to have to give it back. It's such an awesome truck! Well, someday my husband and I will have one like it. ;)

Tomorrow is weigh in. I am also crampy so Aunt Flo should (unfortunately) be visiting soon. Ick. I don't expect great things for my weigh in tomorrow at all, but that's okay. Next week WILL be better because there's won't be any Golden Corral in my immediate future! :broc:

kris2008
02-26-2011, 06:17 PM
I like the competitiveness! Go team!

skinnycow126
02-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Madam- Awesome that you are from Maryland. A great deal of my friends/coworkers are from Bethesda... I actually don't work for the government (one of the few who doesn't), but instead at National Geographic.... a lovely job, but stressful this past week.

Angie- Couch to 5K looks fabulous. You'll do amazing!

Courtney- I am super jealous of the garden. If I had the space, I would definitely have one. Such a great hobby. So glad everything has worked out with the cars!

Jaytee- Thanks! Good luck on your own weigh-in!!

Rainbowsmiles- YOU make me smile everyday!!! Way to go with the motivation!!!

Tonight I'm in NYC for a friend's birthday. I'm hoping for a fun night that doesn't end in late night eating!!!

shan84
02-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Hey Red Team-

Hope your having a good weekend. It's raining here in SK and will be for the next three days. Hope everyone has a good weigh in tomorrow. Good luck!

More detailed post coming next thread.

CourtneyDaisey
02-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Skinnycow & MadameGoo - Thanks! :D Once my husband gets home and helps me find where the cord went that will let me connect my cell phone to the computer I will upload pics of the flower garden. I took a peek out there this morning. It's so nice to have a little color in the yard! I can't wait to see that this itty bitty Japanese Maple will look like in a few years! It will just be gorgeous!

It's Sunday and you all know what that means. WEIGH IN DAY!!!!! Even if the number is a gain (like mine this week) go post it! Right now! Remember, we would rather see you gain and stay in this competition than not post and be eliminated. I gained 1.6 this week. It was due to some bad choices made earlier this week and Aunt Flo knocking on my door this morning. Next week though WILL be my week! I will get the hack out of the 240's next week!

I have recommitted myself fully 110% this morning! I am making excuses and letting myself lose and gain the same stupid five pounds. Enough is enough! I want to reach my goals and I can't do that making excuses! I can't do that saying "Oh I can eat this unhealthy meal because I did good the rest of the day." That mentality doesn't cut it. Also, I know my husband and I are back down to one car but I can't let that be an excuse not to get to the gym. We ARE in fact paying an extra $10 a month for day care there as well. So we need to BOTH start using it. That means when it's 4:30PM I get my tail out the door, go pick him up if he's also off at 4:30PM, go get Brenna, and both of us get to the gym and get in an hour or hour and a half before the gym day care closes for the evening. Or on the nights when Nick has to close I can stop by and work out for an hour before I go pick up Brenna from her regular day care. NO EXCUSES!!!! I am thinking back to Sarge's photo of the yelling drill sergeant and the photo of the word EXCUSES with the slash through it that I printed out and have hanging above my monitor at work in my cubicle.

I've been making excuses. The car's broken. My husband's working. Brenna's tired/hungry/etc. I need to get the laundry done. Oh...WHATEVER! Courtney Daisey, just SHUT UP AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!! What the :censored: are you doing?!?!?!?!?

So there. As Sarge says...NO EXCUSES!!!!! And as Larry the Cable Guy also says...

http://www.movieeye.com/celebrity_addresses/upl_images/scans/57020/Larry_The_Cable_Guy-r950701.jpg

GIT R DONE!!!!!

ladyinweighting
02-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry - I am stuck at same weight for the last 4 weeks. Sometimes, on weekdays, I am down 1 lb, but never on weigh-in day.

This week I plan to up my exercise significantly. Hopefully, by next Sunday, I will be down a pound.

Lynn

JayTee
02-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Rainbow--you continue to amaze me. You're such a great motivator!

Great job ladies on the weigh-ins so far!

Also, I don't know if any of you saw the new show "Shedding for the Wedding" on WGN on Wednesday nites. It's so cute and has funny challenges like the "til death do us part" elimination challenge. I tape all the weight loss shows and only allow myself to watch them while walking the treadmill. It's way less boring that way.

MadamButterfly
02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
IT'S WEIGH IN DAY !!!!!

OK ladies, February is basically OVER and March is upon us and that means

SPRING IS COMING :woohoo: ONLY 3 WEEKS UNTIL SPRING OFFICIALLY ARRIVES . . .
ARE YOU READY!!!

Rainbow; Oh, I love all your signs, still laughing at the COW . . . oh my
I was reading the one with "No excuses, no double standards, no FUDGING . . . and the word "FUDGING" is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE and all I could think about was making a pan of FUDGE . . . OH NO, that would NOT be GOOD . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

LadyinWeighting: hang in there, it WILL come . . . patience, patience . . . if nothing else this journey will teach me patience with myself . . . <sigh> I'm working on it . . .

Courtney; I'm staying out of your way this week, you might run us all over . . . I'd love to see pics of the garden tooooooooo. I really like the japanese maples . . . soooooo pretty . . .

Shan; I hope the weather clears up soon . . . although I'd love for it to rain for a few days . . . just snow now . . . that's OK, SPRING IS COMING!!

Skinnycow; you must be one of a handful of people who don't work for the government . . . I LOVE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, wish I could work for them, travel and take pics and write the stories that go along with it . . . ahhhhhhh to dream

Angie; I think I'm going to look up the C25K this afternoon, I need some outdoor stuff besides my bike and Spring will be here before you know it . . EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!

CharlieJune
02-27-2011, 06:41 PM
I haven't been on for a few days because I've been so sick and I knew all I'd post is whine, whine, whine. LOL Anyway, I had made it to 239 last Sunday and didn't think for a minute that I'd keep it but I got on this morning and saw 238. What this means is the goal I had set for myself-to be in the 30s by March 1 has been realized. I still feel like crap BUT I did it. For the first time in so, so long, I am in the 30s. Congratulations to all of you who saw a loss, the same number or even a small gain. By being here, that means you're still trying. Who can ask for more than that? GO RED!

Sindaena
02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I haven't been on for a few days because I've been so sick and I knew all I'd post is whine, whine, whine. LOL Anyway, I had made it to 239 last Sunday and didn't think for a minute that I'd keep it but I got on this morning and saw 238. What this means is the goal I had set for myself-to be in the 30s by March 1 has been realized. I still feel like crap BUT I did it. For the first time in so, so long, I am in the 30s. Congratulations to all of you who saw a loss, the same number or even a small gain. By being here, that means you're still trying. Who can ask for more than that? GO RED!

Gratz CharlieJune!! :bravo:

Go RED TEAM!

CourtneyDaisey
02-27-2011, 07:51 PM
just for your courtney!!! :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5018/5481988531_f000792976.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5481988531/)

I LOVE IT!!!!! I am totally printing this out!!!!

CourtneyDaisey
02-27-2011, 08:02 PM
CharlieJune - :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I will be joining you there this week, I promise!!!!! :hug:

Green with Envy Challenge!!!!
So, how are the greens coming along folks? Today I had veggie fajitas for lunch. YUM YUM YUM!!!!! I am honestly still full so probably won't have much of a dinner. I am making a huge pot of lentil soup in my Crock Pot right now though. It smells oh so good!!!!! It has lentils, corn, black beans, crushed tomatoes, carrots, fresh basil, vegetable stock, water, and garlic. Oh, and some salt and pepper for taste. It smells divine! I can't wait to have some tomorrow! And yesterday I had veggie sushi for lunch. Also yum! How about you? Are you eating your greens? What about the green savings? Have you come up with some plans to save some cash? Today I went shopping at Kroger instead of Wal-Mart and bought a TON of food. Lots of fresh produce, canned veggies, almond milk, gluten-free flour, fruit...and only spent $78.45! For me, that's really good!!!! Usually our trips to the grocery store run us over $100 easily. Granted we already had a pack of chicken in the freezer so we didn't buy any meat, but still! I probably will just bake the chicken for my family.

I have a menu planned out this week for what I plan to eat. There will be no eating out at ALL this week...even Subway! :cheer:

shan84
02-27-2011, 08:06 PM
I posted a huge gain this week. I'm sorry about it for myself because I know exactly why it happened. So here's the deal, I've been very quiet this challenge compared to my past 5 challenges because I feel like other people have kind of come in and tried to take over. I have no problem with friendly competition however, the original idea for the Biggest Loser Challenge was to have a place where ANYONE could come and get support and encouragement. It's also a place for people to connect together in a positive way. We are checking into setting up additional guidelines for thread postings because this challenge's red team has been a little overly aggressive not just towards the other team but also towards other team members. As bigmid posted, do not attack anyone or make suggestive remarks when you do not know the whole story of everyone's lives. I have led this team for the past 4 challenges and during that time I have lost over 100lbs. This challenge has been totally different for me and part of that is because I feel like I have been being attacked and as a team leader, I do not feel like I'm a part of this team. I will be honest and say we have lost team members because of the aggressive approach of other's on our team. I think since we are halfway through the challenge this week we need to re-focus and use these threads for what they are intended to be.

Yes, part of this posting is personal, but the other part is me stepping in as team leader saying we need to cool it down. Look back at past challenges over the past 9 challenges even and you will see the kind of love, encouragement, support that is shared by everyone. That is the purpose of these threads. I think its great that everyone participates, but we need to try to change the way we "talk"/type as members and as a team.

Go Big Red!:hug:

Angie
02-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Hey everyone! I went out for lunch as well and did much better than I did last Saturday, I stuck with chicken and salad and veggies; last week I had soup, which was on plan for me, but no doubt was full of sodium. I took DS to a bday party, then ran out and did a bit more shopping while he was there (does that count as exercise?), then came home and had a light dinner. Just finished doing my Week 1, Day 2 workout for my C25K program -- I just started to feel a little sore from doing it yesterday, so I stretched a bit and did it again. If I feel up to it I think I'll do it every day for now while it's a lighter running load -- I know later my body will need the rest more.

I feel like I'm retaining water, my feel feel swollen, but I'm not going to stress about minor fluctuations this week...I know that my sore muscles might also hold some water; I'm eating well, I'm exercising, so I'll put my faith in those good choices and wait for the results to show up on the scale.

Courtney Daisy -- I have three greens to report today: Romaine lettuce, zucchini and broccoli slaw! :lucky:

Angie
02-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Shan -- I'm so sorry you've been feeling that way. I noticed that you were much less present than in the last challenge, but I had figured you probably had something else you needed to focus on right now. I'm sorry to hear that you've felt outside the team. The extreme competition mode is not my cup of tea either, I'm not interested in slagging the other team and I don't participate in it. What I hope to get out of this thread is support and motivation, and i hope to offer the same to the others. I have to admit that I was taken aback at first at the different tone of the thread this time around, but I figured it can't always be exactly suited to my style, and I'd just try to work with it. I've come to enjoy the motivation, but I'm really saddened to hear that people have left the challenge as a result. Thanks for putting your feelings out there and opening up the discussion.

peanutt
02-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't personally think that any of the posting, even if it's being judged to be crossing a line, was ever done with malicious intent or the intention of "taking over". I think that people have been trying to participate and have fun, not setting out to ruin the challenge or drive people away. I'm sorry there have been hurt feelings. Shan, I honestly haven't seen anyone personally attacking you. I'm sorry you're feeling that way. If anything I've said or done has crossed a line, I'd ask the leaders to address me directly with their concerns via PM.

That said, I've elected to take a freebie this week. See you all next week. Things have to get better from here.

Bigmid
02-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi RED Team I would also like to say that I agree with Shannon as some of the comments were out of hand and some even downright mean. I really don't think that any of it was meant that way but we all need to take on some personal accountability before we post. Read the comment and look at it as someone else would before you hit the post reply button.

I also agree with peanutt and if any other posts come up that seem offensive we as team leaders will be sending a PM to the people that posted the comment.

In no way does this mean don't post please let us all know what challanges you are facing, how your day was, all of your victories, and kudos to your teammates. It's just a reminder that if you have tips, tricks that worked for you and triggers that set you off it does not mean you can say the same is true for others. Many factors set off a gain, a maintain, or a loss, these are all indivdual and it will always be that way.

That said everyone please enjoy the rest of this challange, I for one am really hoping that spring is around the corner. We had 2 okay days and now we are heading back to -20's and snow:( So want to get outside and run again.

Angie I encourage you to think about the rest days in C25K, I did the program and absolutly loved it (can't wait to get back out there again) but the runs get longer in a very short time and even the easy ones require the proper rest in between. Good luck I hope you love it too.