Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 10:24 PM   #1  

Talking 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#249

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:35 PM   #2  

Default Hey Chickies!

I've been SUPER busy with the Sexual Assault Support Centre in the last couple of days. Last night I had my first official crisis line meeting (my 3 months of training are over) and Monday afternoon, I have my first shift on the lines. (Boyee... I'm nervous.)The Christmas party for the centre was right after the meeting and, today, I spent the whole day at a booth in the mall collecting donations for the centre. Very satisfying work.

Kat: Nice to see ya! I was wondering where you'd run off too also! I'm SO with you on the snow/mud floors... with piano students in and out of here, cleaning the floors has become a full time job!

Susie: Nice to see you around so much! Good luck with that WI! Let us know how it goes!

Sleepy... been in the mall ALL day! Must go... to... bed.
Sara
270/168/150
Old 12-06-2002, 11:22 PM   #3  

Okay, here I am....confession.... I did NOT exercise this morning....actually I slept thru my alarm and barely had time to get ready for work..

I have decided tomorrow, Saturday, is ME day....In the morning I get my hair done...so I can take pictures!!!!! Then I am going to do some fun things around here that I like to do. I don't know if my pictures will be ready by Christmas because I couldn't find a roll of film with less than 24 on it !!!! I certainly don't need 24 pictures of myself.

But, I did get enough things to cook tomorrow so I am ready for next week.

I got a raise today....I know, this place is weird....but even with the raise + the reduction in hours I will make less than I did two years ago.

I am putting out "new job" vibes : so we will see. I think even if it wasn't for this hour (money) reduction I would be happier somewhere else. Banking isn't my thing....I want to get back to REAL accounting.

I talked to my one sister tonight for an hour. We can talk forever....all the time. I miss her....she lives in Arkansas. (not to be confused with the sister that was just here with the BIL from stressville)

So, off to beddy bye for me....even tho I didn't exercise for three days I find myself thinking about it all the time...must be a good sign......
Old 12-07-2002, 04:10 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Gee... here it is after 3am and I am just now gettting to write to you guys. I wish I had time to respond to everyone... but I don't.

Did I mention Friday was my 33rd wedding anniversary??
I think I did come to think of it. well.. we went out for a nice steak dinner. then drove around and looked at Christmas lights. Hubby got me some roses and I got him a bottle of wine to celebrate. We used to buy gifts.. but not any more. While raising kids we never had money... and now if we want something... we usually can get it then.

When we got home.. daughter and I played canasta until 1:30am and then I have been busy ever since. Now it is after 3am and I really need to get to bed. I have such a bad sleeping pattern. this computer does not help it any. when I should have went to bed... I came in here instead.

I just want to say hi and apologize for not responding to everyone. Tina's video gift is soo cool... and there was sooo many other things I wanted to comment on from the last thread.
I am erroring right and left here typing. I really need to get to sleep. Hopefully I can respond Saturday sometime. If not... know that I love you... but I am spending time with my daughter. I am sooooo blessed with this child. ... all my kids are blessings... but this one puts up with me the most.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:14 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Good Morning, I'm back!

Took me a while...no, I didn't scream ALL last night! I had to help get my son ready and haul him off to meet up with his Boy Scout troop to go camping, They camp out once a month, regardless of the weather. (obviously) Then I had to get my daughter over to her school, they were putting on a beauty pageant...for guys! Then dh and I rented a couple of movies from Blockbuster and cozied up on the couch to watch. First we put on "Notorious C.H.O." Normally, I LOVE Margaret Cho, but this was not all that great...very slow moving, it was putting me to sleep, so we put on "Insomnia." That was good, but I still don;t know how it ended...I fell aseep...no insomnia here!

Can't stay typing away this morning...we're going to check out a college with my daughter. I still can't believe she's THAT old! I'm sure it was only yesterday that we were watching "The Little Mermaid" 25 times a day! *sigh* I guess that means I'm getting older too!

Oops, they're starting to stir...don't want them to find me banging away at the keys when I should be in the shower! I'll see you guys later!
Old 12-07-2002, 08:16 AM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Just a quick Hi to you all!!

I sent my 3rd english II assignment and got a B on it, I just sent my 2nd assignment this morning. Trying to catch up....the 3rd one was shorter to do so I did that first. So far a B+ and a B, not the A I use to strive for, but satisfying nevertheless! The day of the A is gone for me! Too much to do with work and Andrew and John!!

Well you all....I am still looking to hire someone in my store to do cash advances. Anyone game?

I need to get this body dressed and my hair dry and get the boy dressed....he is spending the day with dad today while I work...poor little guy!! LOL He is going to get his hair cut too...its such a mop! He has my hair for sure!

Oh...I didn't get a pic for my Christmas cards...but as soon as I do I will send one under separate cover!! I haven't even found my boxes of cards yet! I will get them out before Christmas I promise! I can't wait to get my first one in the mail!!!

Gotta run...TTFN Love you guys!! Michelle
Old 12-07-2002, 08:45 AM   #7  
Progress..not perfection

Good morning everyone! How are all my lovelies? First of all, let me say............Mary, I got your Christmas Card yesterday! I was so excited and hopefully, one day we can meet! I bet we don't live all that far from one another. My dh & boys just went to Mississippi a couple of weeks ago to see the Tennessee game. I of course, didn't get to go.....cause I had to work.

Now, we had such a lovely night last night. We went over to a friend's (and co-worker)house. (No, not the one who pestered me about the cookie) Trey (youngest son)......and by the way, Kat..... he is only nine, but I MORE than know about those lovely Yu-gi-oh cards! <<< although I probably didn't spell them right. Anyhoo, Trey was to go to her house to spend the night. We went to drop him off and while we were there, they wanted us to come in and see a Nascar game on their playstation 2. Well, one thing led to another and an hour had passed and we decided we were hungry. So, me and my friend headed out to pick something up. Everyone else wanted Captain D's .......... I didn't even dare. So, we went to McDonads and I got a Shaker Caesar salad. First of all, let me say, it was pretty good. Mine had a lot of chicken in it.......very yummy. However, I would like to say, how irritating! I mean, in order for you to have a really good and satisfying salad, you have to shake the holy crap out of this thing and by the time you get it sufficiently mixed, (if you ever reach this point) you have wore yourself out and your too tired to eat! And.....the whole two times that I have had one of these, I never get all the frappin dressing to the bottom, so I never get to eat the whole, thing, because I am so NOT about eating lettuce with no dressing. GEEZ.........ramble much Tina?

Anyways, we did eat. Then in case your wondering, which you probably aren't.......the Nascar Winston Cup Banquet was last night! And of course you know who was crowned KING last night, don't you? It was awesome! So we watched that, and when it was over, me and dh were getting ready to leave and Trey was looking at us like........"Are you going to leave without me?" So, guess who ended up coming back home with us? Can't get rid of that kid for nothing........not that I'd want to.

Well, the parade is tonight and I'm really looking forward to it, I just hope that it's not too cold. It was excruciatingly cold last night, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Well ladies, I'm out of here for now. I hope you all have a very nice weekend and if you chat tonight, I won't be there because of the parade.......so, be kind. I think perhaps you should pick on Kat this week! Love you all.....
Old 12-07-2002, 06:49 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

YOOOOOOOOOHOOOO!

Anyone out there?

Chat tonight????
Old 12-07-2002, 08:38 PM   #9  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Question

Hello Ladies,

I assume we are still all ladies... I haven't been here for a very long time to post anyway. I have once in awhile read your posts.

I have been fighting depression and it has been difficult the past months, also have been sick and was in the hospital for a short time with Asthma problems.

My divorce still isn't finalized and this is my first holiday season without my father. ( My Mom died a couple of years ago). Feels so strange not to be in my own home getting ready for everyone to come for a big celebration. I haven't wanted to put my kids in a position to choose who to ask for their homes ....I told them to have him and I will come and spend several days with each of them after the first of the year. I am not even putting up a tree this year. (All my Christmas things are still at my former home.)

I know that this divorce was the best thing, but it still feels like another failure, and it hurts so that I couldn't take it anymore. The spiritual side of me feels such guilt for leaving, and this doesn't help the diet situation at all...Food has always been my tranquailizer...

Before this turns into a pity party please know that I have many many blessings too. Wonderful kids, and 4 precious grandkids. My cat loves me... and is far less demanding than a husband..just have to feed him and clean up after him....almost the same and Simba always purrs when I touch him....

I am going to Pulmonary/Cardiac rehab X2 a week, and they are helping me with an exercise program, slowly but they are thinking I will be able to do a lot better with exercise in time. That will help a lot!

I am not going to respond to anyone just now, but will try to keep up better in the future. Depression is an ugly and unpredictable emotion or lack of emotion or whatever we want to call it....Some days I don't do as well as others. My meds have been adjusted and things are a little better. There have been several of this wonderful group that won't let me get away with droping out completely! God Bless 'em.

It is so darn good to see I am not alone with the dang weight issue...to be excepted unconditionally is a gift....thank you for being here and for being so honest in sharing your lives and feelings. I feel like I almost know some of you already.

That is enough of my babbling...
Old 12-07-2002, 09:35 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Oh well...I popped in to chat at 7 est, no one there...thought I'll try again in a bit, when my sister and her dh stopped in for a visit...they just got back from Florida yesterday, so we played catch up for a while. They were barely out the door when I raced back to the computer to see if anyone was out chatting...sadly no... But at least I didn't miss anything? Or did I?

Welcome back Syn! I hope that all goes well for you. Come here anytime to vent or kvetch or just hang out and compare war stories with us...our arms are always open!

Baylee...sounds like you had a blast shopping with your grandaughter! I know she will look precious in her Christmas outfit. I miss those days, getting my little girl all decked out for Christmas...jeans and a sweatshirt are the outfits du jour these days!

Well...I think I'll go clean up my messy kitchen. I had planned on making some cookies tonight. We usually make a bunch and send them in our Christmas package to California...(dh's family) I left a pound of butter on top of the stove to soften and forgot about it...DUH!!! It melted. Now, where the heck is that Fantastik?

Hope to see a few more posts tomorrow!

Love to all...
Old 12-07-2002, 09:44 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hi guys (I mean girls)

Sorry I forgot about chat. DH gave me my christmas gift today. Guess what? No not that.
A digital camera.
It can use a floppy dis or a memory stick . I've been playing with it.

Both programs went great at the library Thurs. night we had 100 more or less and Last night we had at least 50. I am so tired and I had to work today.

Dh took me out to eat
Tina glad you got your card. Hope we can get together some time. Do you ever get to the outlet mall south of Memphis? We could meet there. I think it's in Bateville MS.

To all you other chickies. I'm not leaving you out on purpose. I'm beat.
Talk more later.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:47 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

OOH! I forgot! I got my card today from Mary!! I was so excited! Yours was the first Christmas card I've gotten this year, Mary,...Thank you!
I'm sending mine out Monday...hopefully...
Old 12-07-2002, 10:39 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Been another busy day. DH and oldest son got the 'traditional tree' up in the family room. That's a big job done. I worked on my 'Santa tree' in the dining room and have that one done except for topper that is buried who knows where in another box. Now all I have for tomorrow is my 'Victorian tree' for our bedroom and the 'Star Trek tree' for the kitchen. Whew, can't wait to be done!

My food has not been all that good this week. I hope to pretty much starve tomorrow so that WI (not Wisconsin) still looks decent on Monday morning. That will probably be a stretch this week, but we'll see.

Here is the 7th installment from the Family Circle magazine article:
Learn how to "sweat-shop." It's possible to burn some calories while getting your holiday shopping done. You just need to walk briskly through the mall. Another smart tip: Park in the lot at the opposite end of where you need to go so you have to walk through the entire mall to get to your destination. You should also bring along some good-for-you snacks that you can munch on, such as whole grain crackers and baby carrots. This way you'll be able to forgo the high-fat offerings at the food court -- not to mention the long lines -- so you'll save time and calories!

Had fun with my mom yesterday. We did the 'breakfast thing' after the mass with my cousins. It's always good to see them. Since I'm an only child, they are real important to me.

Then mom and I did the Institute of Arts. I'm not an 'artsy' person so the contemporary stuff was a little out there. There was actually a tall statue of a woman and I pointed her out to my mom cuz she looked like she was doing the 'pee-pee dance' (You know the one, legs sort of squished together like you're trying to hold it). Amazing what some people consider 'art'. We ate lunch at the cafe there. It looked like it was an old courtyard and that they just covered it and opened it up (very quaint). We both chose baked cod, good choice don't you think????

Then I hijacked her and she went on my 'showgirl' job with me. I had to do a trailer check for the movie Analyze That so we decided to stay and watch it. Now I would like to give you my standard critique, however, since we both slept 15 out of every 20 minutes of the movie, I don't think that would really be fair.

Stupid thing won't let me post all that I want so I will have to be back with part 2.

Last edited by thinthinker; 12-07-2002 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2002, 10:44 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default I'm baaack. Part 2

Tina: "Makes me feel good to know that if I want to go, I can!" Boy, do I know what that is. It was amazing that by the time my youngest son wanted to do his college visits before deciding where he wanted to go, I could actually keep up with the tour guide. It was a wonderful feeling. * Sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the good work. * Your video tape project for your grandparents sounds like a wonderful idea. And the best part is, they can go on the Christmas Light tour night after night if they want to.

Steph: Glad to see you're still hanging around. * Maybe you can send your cards out for New Year's greetings instead. Then we can get pictures.

Baylee: You are doing so well lately with the exercise. Keep it up. Maybe one of these days some of you'all's ambition will rub off on me. * Glad you're liking the hints. * I'm also very glad that your brother is doing better. * Sounds like you're a great granny. Your little granddaughter will really be decked out for Christmas.

J-ann: I can relate. I was down 80# and then a plateau hit, motivation went in the crapper and now I've got 44# to go to get there again. And you're right: "it happens." The great part is getting back with it.

2cute: Sounds like you're just having a grand time this weekend. Enjoy it while it lasts. * I didn't hear you say about your anniversary, so CONGRATULATIONS! 33 years is a looooong time with one man! God bless you!!!

Kat: So glad to see you back. We were wondering where the heck you vanished to.

Susie: Glad the budgeting is over. WooHoo! Maybe now you can take a minute for yourself. * Banking 16 points in one day. My gosh, girlfriend, didn't you eat at all????

Sara: I'm not sure I wished you Congratulations on your 100#'s which I see has now moved to 102#. I've been posting so skimpily lately, I almost think I forgot. Anyway, Sorry about that. And here is my happy dance just for you! Got your card on Friday. Thanks for the wonderful picture. The difference is startling between that one and your wedding picture. Lookin' good!

Lucky: I hope you're using some kind of phone card for that long of a call with your sister. Costco has some that are 3 cents a minute that I get for my mom all the time. I use my cell phone because I have free long distance.

Michelle: Those B's aren't anything to sneeze at. You've got a lot on your plate with a husband, a little one AND a job. Don't discredit your efforts. I'm so proud of you for finishing your degree, something I never did.

Syn: Good to see you sweetie! This is the place to be. You know we're all here for you and will laugh AND cry with you. Know that you're loved. [[[hugs]]]

Mary: WOW, I'm impressed! That's really a great turnout. You must really have a rockin' library for those kind of numbers to turn out!! * Your card arrived Friday. It's really exciting to see these return addresses popping in from around the country.

Well, girls, gotta go. I did do a couple of jobs in the last couple of days and have some paperwork to get done. Love to all.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:05 AM   #15  

Hi folks this is a quick one because it is so late but sorry I haven't been around my computer has been down all week. My weight stayed the same this week so I think I have hit a plateau but that is ok. I will check in again tomorrow.
Closed Thread