30-Somethings - ***FEB 30 something chat***

View Full Version : ***FEB 30 something chat***

Matilda08
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Hello all lets continue to support each other! :hug: Feel free to post about whatever it is that you want to share.

My goal for this month is 215 a lil aggressive for me but I want to try to push myself and if I hit the two teens ill be happy anyways:)

Peaches5577
02-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I have never done one of these chats, but need some extra boosting this month so here goes!
My goal this month is to get to 160. Same goal as last month and I got SO close and then bounced back again. Not sure what is going on with me, but hoping I can get out of this rut.

BoopRN
02-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Happy to participate, i haven't before in the 30 something chat. My goal is to get to my mini goal hopefully sooner rather than later in the month. :)

CosmicGal
02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
My feelings are a bit hurt today so I think I'll hang out here with you nice ladies. I haven't really been around for one of these as I started mid month. So my goals for this month are to keep up with the St. Paddy's day challenge and work on the two other Feb Challenges I joined. Hope you guys are having a good day and staying warm if you are in a cold spot.

DigitalSinner
02-01-2011, 05:42 PM
225 is my goal for the month!

GAME ON!

Jelma
02-02-2011, 10:22 AM
My goal is to TRACK, TRACK, TRACK! Every since Weight Watchers switched to the new program I have hardly tracked my points which is so dumb considering I am paying monthly for the online program. I think lack of tracking has alot to do with this plateau I've been stuck on since the beginning of January.

Ideally I'd like to hit 149 by the end of the month!

DigitalSinner
02-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Jelma, I'm in the same boat. I'm not on weight watchers, but I'm trying to track every single thing I eat to better hold myself accountable. Definitely not an easy thing to do. I started a FitDay journal yesterday and am going to do my absolute best to stick with it.

LTs girl
02-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Good morning ladies,
My goal for this month is to get to the 160's. I have been stuck for what seems like forever at 178. Okay, so maybe 160 is too much but at least let it move in the right direction. Please, please, please.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Aunty Jam
02-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Cosmicgal - :hug:

My goal for this month is only 5 pounds :( I've been pretty depressed so I'm not overly motivated.

Skittles22
02-02-2011, 01:13 PM
My mini-goal right now is to get to 259. I had hit a plateu at 273 and had no clue how to get passed it. I joined weight watcher's about a week and half ago. I am really enjoying being on this program but it is hard to eat everything you are supposed to eat. Especially while working two jobs. According to this plan for my height and weight (5'2" 273) I was supposed to have 40 points per day, I am struggling to get it all in but I am succeeding I guess. I lost five pounds my first week so I have already met my first milestone. I have a very long way to go but I am sticking to it this time. It makes it a little easier since you can have anything you want as long as you record the points so if you want to splurge every once in a while you can and not totally wreck all of your hard work.

Matilda08
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Good morning friends! I am down a lb to 223.8! very excited.

Welcome to all the newbies and feel free to post about whatever you want to share. This is a very friendly and loving group:)

I hope you all have a great on plan day!

Kristi78
02-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm new here too and would like to chime in :)

My plan is to reach goal this summer and I have about 20 lbs to go. I'd like to average about 5 lbs a month. That would be a goal date of June 1st which is my birthday. I think it's the best gift I could give myself (well, that and maybe shopping for new clothes :D)

Jelma
02-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Skittles - that is exactly why I love WW so much - there is no food off limits, it is all about portion sizes. I love that I can save my points up and use them for a nice dinner out. I still try to keep my points in check somewhat (for example - only using a 1/3 of the sour cream with my fajitas or keeping the dressing on the side and just dipping my fork in) but I don't feel deprived at all.

38 and Ready - we will hold each other accountable! I started yesterday as well. Does Fitday have a recipe builder feature where you can put in your ingredients and it gives you a calorie count?

CosmicGal
02-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks Aunty Jam. I think It was just one of those over emotional days. LOL Though I do hope you are doing better.

Sounds like you all are doing good so far. I am down another pounds and at 172. So Yay! I think I will update my ticker!

Peaches5577
02-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Howdy girls! Sounds like everyone is off to a good start! I weighed in and took measurements this morning, and was pleasantly surprised with the fact that I have lost 3" overall since January 1st :-) I can take that. If I can lose that much every month til Summer I will be one happy (and HOT) camper. LOL.
My weight however hasn't moved much. Still waiting to see that "woosh" sometime soon hopefully.

DigitalSinner
02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I haven't seen the recipe builder feature in FitDay, but how nice would that be! I've just been building my menu in the custom foods section of it. So, currently I'm doing all the math. I really am new to the site and still learning it.

I'm SUPER excited. Yoga is quickly becoming my newest addiction! I love it. I have been making plans to turn the spare bedroom in our house into a meditation/yoga room and Man is all for it since he likes me better calm and peaceful with myself instead of psycho hosebeast! I can't wait to have it finished!

Jelma
02-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I am currently converting my spare room into an exercise room as well. I love pilates and it definitely helps me center myself. I have an hour class once a week (twice if I am lucky enough to be off on a Monday morning) and then I have a bunch of Windsor pilates DVDs. I'd like to try Yoga as well.

I had a little meltdown last night - my boyfriend called and wanted to know if I wanted Chinese carryout because he was picking it up for his mom, uh no, I had already told him I was making dinner (not even an hour earlier). Then he proceeds to bring me home spring rolls! :club: I know he didn't mean it, I haven't been sticking to plan all that well recently but I renewed my determination this week.

My weigh in is tomorrow, I weighed myself today and was down a pound from last week, I hope it sticks. My co-worker and weight loss buddy weighs in at her WW meetings on Thursdays and she gained 6 pounds, I don't know how that is possible :( She is kinda happy, in a way, it was the kick in the butt she needed to get back on plan.

Matilda08
02-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Howdy ladies! ? Anyone know how to create the weight loss before and after shots? what site can I go to and exactly how do I create it im totally lost

Jelma
02-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Happy Friday ladies!

Well it seems like I have finally busted through my plateau! 152.5 today, a 2 pound loss this week! I think it all came down to tracking my points this week.

On a side note - I am sooo sore today. My pilates instructor was in a mood last night and totally took it out on us. I might need a hot bath with epsom salt tonight!

Matilda08
02-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Today I hit a new low weight 221.8 :) Hope you all have a great weekend!

kimberlymarie30
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi All, I'm pretty much a lurker here, but I've been trying to post more now.
I'm a low carber (the only thing that has ever worked, so might as well go with it) I restarted dieting this past Sunday, January 30 after losing 60 lbs over two years after having my daughter and then gaining 10 of that back over the past year.
At the moment I am only dieting. I work full time and do photography on the side, so along with having a family I'm pretty busy. I am going to be starting the C25K program next week. Running is simple and I have an awesome jogging stroller that I really should be using.
I can't wait to get to know everyone on the 30's board! I just turned 30 at the beginning of January, so I'm still getting accustomed to be in the 30's group.

ja2ma6lee
02-04-2011, 02:42 PM
I see a lot of people making 5lbs their goal for this month. I think I'm going to jump on board with that. I haven't been eating right or exercising. I did just stock up the frig and order 10 Minute Trainer. This way I can do a little something regardless of how little time I think I have. I also have the P90X dvds and other ones, so if I am house bound because of the snow I can pop one of those in. I was sick and feeling sad the last few days (more like 2 weeks), but with the sun out and getting back on track with 3FC and eating, I'm already feeling better and ready to KICK IT this Feb.

Matilda08
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Happy Monday everyone!!!!

Had a huge NSV this weekend, I was able to get into a size 16 pants and dress :)

ja2ma6lee
02-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi Ladies,

I'm at the doctor's for a post-op lasik visit. So I'm catching up on some of the posts.

My original mini- goal for Feb was 155lbs for Valentines, but I didn't do anything last week to help accomplish that. I am on better track now though. Getting in work outs and making food rather than eating out. Looks like I'm down a lb on the scale. I got 10 minute trainer DVDs yesterday and did 30min last night and 10 min yoga this morning. I like the 10 min segments. My problem lately has been the cold weather and not being motivated to go to the gym or do the other DVDs I have. So I know I can commit to 10 min. Once I get started too I keep going. I'll keep you all posted on my progress with them...if I stick with it and how long it takes to see results.

So my goal for Feb 28 will be 153.5-that's about 4lbs I need to work on for the next 3 weeks. The two obstacles are a birthday party on Saturday and sweets on Valentines Day.

I'll have to check out the St. Pat's challenge and see how much time I have and what I think is possible for then.

DigitalSinner
02-08-2011, 03:50 PM
WOOHOO! I didn't blow my my calories completely out of the water this past weekend for the first time EVER! Weekends are the hardest for me. I like to relax, have a few drinks, the food seems to get worse, and...well, I'm sure I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know. I had a HUGE blow up with the boything on Friday night, I had a few drinks but kept the food in check and while I went about 100 calories over my daily calorie goal, it was the best I've done in as long as I can remember. The scale even rewarded me for it yesterday morning by showing another pound down!

Looks like I'm going to make my Singles Awareness Day goal of 10 lbs!

Mitza24
02-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Ok so I think from the beginning of the year, I have said two or three times that I am going to start over and haven't done it. But tonight when my hubby was out playing basketball, I turned on On Demand and did the 30 min Shred since I couldn't hit the gym. I was doing so well from Aug-Dec , then got sick, then after 3 weeks, got lazy and ate like crap. Well all my hard work went down the drain. But I am not giving up and am back at it today! Hope you all had a motivating day!

Matilda08
02-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Happy wednesday everyone!! Hope you all are well

CosmicGal
02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
It's the middle of the week. and getting close to the middle of the month! Had a rough week, and a pretty bad last night as far as food goes, but the week isn't over. I'll just suck down my water and do good today. Stay warm guys. If you are in the States it is going to be a COLD weekend!

Sunnyhikes
02-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi all
Hoping to jump in here for February.... I think for now with it being day one at all and I'm trying to reasonably change my routine in a way that is sustainable ...for this month I'm going to say my goal is to just stay on the wagon. I will get up early and not be a lazy sac and go to the gym, I will count my calories, I will bring my lunch to work and not eat out, I will cook healthy meals and I wouldn't mind if this all had a 5lb result at the end of the month :) Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

ja2ma6lee
02-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Morning All,

I am well rested and ready for the day. I was up late Tuesday and slept bad bc my bf was tossing and turning all night. I went to bed at 730ish last night without dinner. My bf came over at 1030, so I was awake for a little and had some cereal. I weighed myself today and am 157.5. I have seen this number a few times on the scale now so I'm comfortable to say its accurate.

I didn't get in a work out yesterday (even with having the 10 min trainer dvds). I have however started walking faster and taking bigger strides on my work commute. I packed my lunch today and made a smoothie for breakfast. I think the small routine changes are helping to slowly drop the pounds. I am looking for the energy to step it up so I can see it happen a little faster.

Jelma
02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
It's almost Friday :D Looks like we are finally going to warm up a bit here next week - mid 40s! I am going to get back to walking on my lunch break, I miss it, it keeps me sane.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I have no idea what to expect - the scale has been fluctuating like crazy this week which never happens to this extreme - one day up 4, next down 5, next down 2. I don't know what's going on....

Sunnyhikes
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM
It was a good day. I ate everything on track as planned all day... but more importantly I got out of bed, braved the dark and the cold, and made it to the gym. It took multiple alarms starting at 4:30am and a phone call from a friend up going to her gym too (while she laughed at me while I whined) but I got up and went. I'm proud of my day.

Anyone know anywhere in the US where it's kind of sunny and warm? Does that exist this winter at all? I'm considering taking the BF and vacating the northeast for a weekend to a warmer destination so I don't strangle him for whining about the dark and cold?

ja2ma6lee
02-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Sunnyhikes - I'm in Jersey and it is NOT warm. Getting better and the snow is melting but not a place to visit to defrost.

I have an appointment with the nutritionist today. I haven't been eating on plan (or working out). I have been eating better but still too many treats and sweets. I lost weight since I went to her back at the beginning of January. I know I emotionally eat and thats what I'm trying to get over. I hope it goes well :?:

My bf video recorded me about three weeks ago and I'm walking around with my belly hanging out telling him that he drive me crazy. I hate looking at myself like that. He did take another one last night (mind you he does it with out my knowledge) and you can see a difference. I just want to see a BIGGER one. It got me depressed and questioning why he wants to be with me. It made me feel really unsexy and grossed out. Obviously he loves me the way I am, I guess the problem is I don't love myself the way I am. I also don't feel as big as the pictures and videos of me look. I saw "Just Go With It" on Friday with my girlfriends. There is a scene with Jennifer Aniston and Nicole Kidman belly dancing and their bodies are awesome. Why can't I be rich famous thin and beautiful ?

Happy :val2: Valentines :val3: Day :val1: to all you wonderful ladies. I am sending my love to all you today :hug: cause we deserve it.

Mitza24
02-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Totally warm here in Chicago this weekend...and by warm, I mean upper 30's, lower 40's. Was even able to run outside yesterday. I don't know if it's because I am finally back on track for the new year this past week or the weather, but getting the feeling like Spring is right around the corner is a great way to lift the sprits and stay motivated! I'm sure it will snow next week now that I said this but I don't care! :) Happy Monday to all and hope you had a great weekend!

SunnyDC
02-15-2011, 12:38 AM
i measured my BMI today and i've left obese class I and entered into the overweight zone.

BMI 29.1

(25-30 overweight range)

glad i'm not technically in the obese range on the chart. :)

Spinach
02-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Hooray Sunny DC!!!!

I know that feeling and it is awesome... good job!

CosmicGal
02-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Arg. Been gone for three days. Haven't really gone off plan, but haven't really stayed on it. Haven't exercised, or anything. Been kind of an apathic few days and good ole TOM might be the reason. But really no excuses. I just need to get up off my hindend and get back to work. Hope you guys are doing well!

SunnyDC
02-16-2011, 12:33 AM
u can do it cosmicgal i'm back on the bandwagon with renewed energy! it's so not easy, but u can do it.

SunnyDC
02-16-2011, 12:38 AM
thank you spinach! we're both 5'3 and we have close starting points and goals weights. let's do it!

ja2ma6lee
02-16-2011, 10:46 AM
I can't believe that it is already WEDNESDAY. :cb: Happy Hump Day! :carrot:

With that being said, my resolution I made Monday to exercise and eat right hasn't gone as planned. My eating is on a better track. I still haven't been able to motivate myself to get off the couch and do some activity.

I'm thinking of going back to the 4-day diet and adding a fast the last weekend of Feb. I ordered this drink from P90X to do a 2-day fast. I haven't been able to do anything like that before. I don't have the will power.

Spinach
02-16-2011, 02:13 PM
thank you spinach! we're both 5'3 and we have close starting points and goals weights. let's do it!

We are close! I actually think 130-135 is a more realistic goal for me, but I thought I'd shoot for the stars. And I am so ready to be back into the swing after a long rest in maintenance... feels good to be back in plan and working towards goal.:D

Matilda08
02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Congrats sunny that is awesome news!!!

Im fighting to get deep into the two teens I wi at 220.0 today with 218.8 being my low weight.

Hello everyone hope all is well!

SunnyDC
02-16-2011, 06:48 PM
We are close! I actually think 130-135 is a more realistic goal for me, but I thought I'd shoot for the stars. And I am so ready to be back into the swing after a long rest in maintenance... feels good to be back in plan and working towards goal.:D

truthfully i think i would be fine anywhere in the 130's too, but 129 just sounds better because it has a 20 in it so that's why i picked it. that 1 lb will inevitably be the hardest to lose. lol

Jelma
02-17-2011, 11:20 AM
I have a 4 day weekend coming up, so excited! Tonight is my pilates class and my sister and I are going to a concert - Jimmy Eat World. I thought I would take Friday off since I will probably stay up way too late and drink too much.

This week was rough but managed to maintain. The high today is suppose to be almost 70 so I am definitely walking on my lunch break. I miss walking, it keeps me sane at work. I am finally testing out my Sketcher shape ups that I got off Amazon (for $50!) at the end of December. I have heard good and bad things about them so I am interested to see how they feel. Anyone else have a pair?

This plateau is starting to get to me. I know it is from lack of tracking my WW points and too much wine. I guess I should just be happy I am not gaining.

Mitza24
02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Since I finally got back on track last Monday, I have already lost 4 pounds. So even though I have 10+ pounds to go, still happy that the scale is moving in the right direction and I can be in the 140's soon.

Jelma
02-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Since I finally got back on track last Monday, I have already lost 4 pounds. So even though I have 10+ pounds to go, still happy that the scale is moving in the right direction and I can be in the 140's soon.

That's awesome Mitza! Hearing that makes me want to get my butt in gear especially since our current weights are the same ;)

ja2ma6lee
02-18-2011, 09:39 AM
I had a super stressful week at work. I have a new superior and getting us to him has been pretty painful. He is a smart and nice guy, I'm just not use to it.

This week I ate closer to plan but had an off day yesterday eating out for both lunch and dinner. I am looking forward to a 3 day weekend. I need a rest and time to myself. I hope to get back to exercising. I keep saying that but not doing it.

I'm so glad for the warmer weather we've been having. I got in some more walking this week. I hope I keep that up.

Matilda08
02-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Hello crew hope all is well! Ive been having a great month so far pushing hard to get to the 50lb mark and onderland. at 205=50lbs down and cant wait to see 199

ja2ma6lee
02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
So the warmer weather really didn't hold up. I'm back to wearing 2 pairs of pants. We had more snow on Monday and have a fresh coating on the ground. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my train running late. This weather is turning into a real pain.

I'm back to the 4-day diet this week with a fast over the weekend. I hope I can see a significant drop by Monday to get me motivated and back on track. My scale broke yesterday morning. It worked fine when I was on it, then my bf went to try it and it didn't work. I keep blaming him for breaking it. So I will be going Friday-if not sooner for a replacement.

Well looks like my train is finally arriving.

Jelma
02-23-2011, 12:28 PM
So the warmer weather really didn't hold up. I'm back to wearing 2 pairs of pants. We had more snow on Monday and have a fresh coating on the ground. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my train running late. This weather is turning into a real pain.

I'm back to the 4-day diet this week with a fast over the weekend.

I know what you mean about the weather :( I miss the sun.

Is fasting part of the 4-day diet? I would like to do a fast soon, I did the master cleanse a few years ago for 9 days, that was a bit too long but a couple days would be nice and I am sure would give me a boost. I know people have mixed feelings on fasts but I think they are a good thing, mentally and physically, as long as you listen to your body.

ja2ma6lee
02-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I know what you mean about the weather :( I miss the sun.

Is fasting part of the 4-day diet?

No. If you check out Beachbody which does Insanity, P90X, 10 minute trainer, etc, they have a 2-day fast formula shake. That is what I am doing for the fast. I have never tried it before and it claims a 7 lb weight lose. I know it will mostly be water weight, but I do believe in the benefits of fasting. I don't think I could of ever gone 9-days though. I have heard of the Master Cleanse and may of even tried it but didn't get more than a few hours into it.

I decided though I was better off doing the 4-day Induction part of the diet to help shrink my stomach before hand. This way I'll be use to lower calories during those two days. Then I'll probably do a day or two of the Induction again or head straight into the Transition phase of the 4 day diet.

Jelma
02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
No. If you check out Beachbody which does Insanity, P90X, 10 minute trainer, etc, they have a 2-day fast formula shake. That is what I am doing for the fast. I have never tried it before and it claims a 7 lb weight lose. I know it will mostly be water weight, but I do believe in the benefits of fasting. I don't think I could of ever gone 9-days though. I have heard of the Master Cleanse and may of even tried it but didn't get more than a few hours into it.

That's interesting, I'll have to check it out. Yeah the MC was brutual for the first 3 days but it really makes you think about how much time and energy you spend consuming, preparing, and thinking about food. It changed my relationship with food and I began to move away from processed, packaged foods and factory "farmed" meat.

I have to vent for a minute, I am starting to get annoyed with my co-workers constant comments about my weight. Don't get me wrong, they are positive, nice comments but it has been everyday for awhile now. Yes, I realize my clothes are too big, unfortunately I don't get paid enough to go out and buy a new wardrobe. I guess I should be happy but it is frustrating because I haven't lost any weight since the beginning of the year, though I have been exercising...Oh well, it could be worse right?

Jacki73
02-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone, I would love to join your group! :)

I started my healthy lifestyle on Jan 2, of this year. Determined to lose the weight and keep it off. I have lost 27 lbs so far and feel great! I eat whole foods, raw/cooked veggies, fruit, fish, lean meat, beans, nuts, herbs/spices, and whole grains. My exercise routine is P90 (6 days a week, Thurs - Tues), Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (when I am off work, 2 days a week, aternating weeks Mon & Tues, Thurs & Fri), and the gym (5 days a week, alternating strength and cardio days).

Can't wait to get to know all of you better! :)

ja2ma6lee
02-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Jacki - Welcome and congrats on the weight lose. Do you workout more than once a day? I wish I could get myself doing one a day. Keep up the good work.

Jelma - Its hard to hear from others how great we are doing or how good we look. We tend to be too hard on ourselves, making it hard to take compliments. I suggest just being gracious and thanking her. I think its Louis L. Hay who says we need to accept compliments without giving them back and allow ourselves to accept positive affirmations so more will come our way. Maybe being less resistant to the positive comments will encourage more weight lose. Just a thought if you believe in that type of stuff. Also, maybe get some basic pants and shirts that fit a little better (Kohl's always has sales and coupons). It will do a world of wonder for you.

I hope everyone has a fabulous rest of the day. I'm looking forward to getting out close to 5:30 and enjoying an evening relaxing alone at home.

Jelma
02-24-2011, 12:17 PM
ja2ma6lee- Thanks, you are right. I really need to just buy some decent pants and get rid of the ones that no longer fit. I hate shopping with a passion though maybe I will enjoy it now because of the weight loss. I guess I have short legs - most pants are way too long but the petites are a bit too short, it drives me crazy.

I actually normally love compliments, I blame it on the fact I am a Leo and like my ego stroked :encore: It has just gotten to be a bit too much, I wish it was just one person but it is like 5. But you are right - I should graciously accept and use it to get my butt in gear!

:welcome2: Jackie73! Sounds you like are doing awesome!

Jacki73
02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Good morning, and thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Thank you Ja2ma6lee! Yes, I work out mulitple times a day. I work out 6 days a week, 5 of those days twice and 2 of those 5 days 3 times (sorry if it is confusing :) ). I get one day off, Wednesdays. The days I workout 3 times a day (twice a week) alternate each week, depending on my days off from work (during the week, Mon and Tues, or Thurs and Fri). Crazy schedule huh? LOL I just love to stay busy!

Thanks Jelma! :) I know how you feel. Once in a while is fine/great, but when it is constantly brought up (same people) IMO there are more important things to discuss. LOL I guess I just don't like to be the center of attention. Then again, I would rather they talk about me getting thin, then talk about me being fat. I have dealt with that too, by family members, and it wasn't pretty. Picture being at a childrens birthday party (this happened last Summer), and your uncle and cousin sitting at a table, your walking by and they say, wow Jack you are big.....I turned around and said what? They repeated it. I was floored! I just smiled and ignored the comment, but they just went on and on. I looked at him, and said "yes, I know I am fat, do you honestly think you are telling me something I didn't already know?". Just crazy! The funny thing is, both of them are overweight. Miserable people with nothing better to do, but trying to make others feel bad about themselves. Sad!

Felt good to let that out! haha This morning, I finished Day 6 of Power 90. Going to the gym tonight, it is strength day. I love working out with weights! Warm up is 15 mins on the elliptical, and about 1 hour with weights (takes that time for me to do my circuit). I can't wait! I can see and feel my forearm muscle, talk about weird (only my right arm)! LOL

What kind of food/exercise plan are you girls on?

I hope everyone has a great day! :)

ja2ma6lee
02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Jacki - I think that itís awesome you are working out so much. I am going to have to keep you in mind to get myself motivated. I hope you are taking and will show before and after pictures. Last year I tried doing the Body for Life program where I took before pictures...I guess I didn't see the results I wanted quickly enough and gave up. I also think it was Christmas time and my motivation went downhill around there. By the end of May, I will post those befores and my afters. I know I slimmed down since those pictures, but I also want to tone up. I need some more time before putting them out in the public view.

Jelma - Hope I didn't insert foot into mouth in my other post. Finally this weekend when I saw my mom did she compliment me on my prior weight lose. I had been asking her awhile if she noticed a difference. I hadn't seen her since New Yearís so maybe that helped.

So, I'm on day 3 of my 4-day diet. I'm doing pretty well. Would definitely like to eat more and sneak some treats. My friend offered me half her burger and fries...I graciously declined. My will power is really working for me. I must want to lose this weight pretty badly.

I realized today how important this message board has been for me. I may of strayed from dieting and exercising, but I've kept up with the board. I haven't total given up and even when I stray I always come back and get on some sort of better track.

Jacki73
02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks so much, Ja2ma6lee. :) I do have before pics (reg photo), but I didn't take a before pic when I started my workout routine, wish I would have, but life gets busy and you forget. I wanted to take pics at every 25lb loss, but didn't do that! I will make a point to do so at 30 lbs loss. Yes, not seeing progress is very disappointing. We just have to keep in mind, that we are doing a great job, and that the weight will come off eventually. It has no other choice! :) Good job on not eating the burger and fries! I know it is tempting, but we know, it isn't worth it! LOL When put into a position like that, I just ask myself "what do I want more?". The answer for me is "to live a long, and healthy life." There is nothing I want more than that! ;)

Jelma
02-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Ja2ma6lee - no foot in mouth at all! I think my problem is that I have just run out of things to say about it, from now on I will just say thank you and drop it, maybe they'll get the hint! Nice job on resisting the burger and fries!

Jacki - what a rude thing for your family to say to you! I don't know why people feel pointing out what could be a sensitive topic for someone is okay. You are right, they were probably just trying to make themselves feel better. Imagine how good it is going to feel when you run into them again and look
fabulous!

I am doing Weight Watchers, I started back at the very end of August last year. I love it though since they switched to the new program in November I have been terrible about tracking my points, I got back in gear this week. Our diet sounds pretty similar - whole foods. I didn't have a terrible diet before my main problem was portion control. I can now eyeball an ounce of cheese pretty darn well - cubed or shredded :) I really feel that WW is a sustainable way of life, I can go out to dinner, splurge, stay within my points and lose. Not too pleased about them increasing alcohol points though, I miss my wine :(

As for exercise I am doing a Pilates class once a week, and then 2 days at home. Once it warms up I will be walking on my lunch break for 30-45 mins at least 3 times a week.

I really wish I had taken proper before pictures as well as measurements.

Pilates is tonight and weigh in is tomorrow. My friends want me to meet them out for a drink after class, not sure if I will or not. If I do I'll probably just drink soda water.

Jacki73
02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Good morning girls :)

Jelma, those were my thoughts too! I do not see most of my family often. They will definitely be shocked at the next party we go to (and they are there). I have learned to ignore ignorance. I have beautiful children, husband and home. They are my world and that is all that truly matters! Also jealousy makes people ugly! I may be fat but I have a GREAT life! LOL Portion control was always my problem! I never was a snack food person (chips, cake etc), it was always huge meals. Right now I consume 1,700 - 2,000 calories a day. Looking to drop it to 1,500 - 1,700. I am losing on average about 3 lbs a week. I know that will change as I lose weight, so I need to adjust my calories. I can't wait to try pilates, sounds like you have a nice routine. Hope it warms up for you soon! Good luck with your weigh-in and your night out! Have fun! :)

Jelma
02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Jacki - that is definitely the right attitude to have about people like that!

Weigh in was awesome today - 150.5 a 2.5 lb loss from last week, I had to weigh myself 3 times to believe it! My coworker also lost 2 so we are back in the groove after the past few months. It definitely makes the day seem a better since I drank way too much wine last night and have a raging headache. I think I need new friends that don't drink so much...

My bf wants to go out to dinner tonight but the couch is already calling my name and it isn't even noon...Maybe lunch will perk me up.

ja2ma6lee
02-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Jacki - How do you manage not to be hungry with all the working out and limiting the calories? When I diet, my stomach gets little hunger pains (nothing too bad) but I know I'd make it worse with exercise and burning more calories...seriously, how do you keep from eating more while working out?

I made it the 4 days on my 4 day diet, well made it through the first phase. Again, I did awesome with the eating but didn't incorporate any exercise. I'll find out tomorrow morning on the scale how well I did.

This last hour at work is dragging. I'm ready to get home, settle in on my couch and just veg out. Tomorrow I'm gonna be busy fixing things, cleaning, and getting stuff in order. Tomorrow I'm also starting a fast. I hope I can do it.

As for alcohol, I'm about 6 months sober. Alcohol and I have a total love hate relationship. I'm very glad (today) to be without it.

Jacki73
02-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Good morning girls! :)

Today is weigh-in day! In about 2 hours when my husband wakes up. I can't wait to see the number! LOL

CONGRATS on the weight loss Jelma! Great job!

Ja2ma6lee, Congratulations! That is awesome! I am proud of you! :) As far as eating, I make sure I get enough fiber and protein in every day. Those two things will help curb your hunger. I eat about 90 grams of protein a day. Which is the number I should have for my weight (the amount you need is about 60 grams, you figure it out like this: your weight x .4) My morning protein smoothie is about 45 grams of protein. That shake alone keeps me content for 6 hours. Of course when having a large dose of fiber (I put 1 heaping tablespoon in my protein smoothie) you need to drink plenty of water, so after my smoothie I drink 2 - 16 oz bottles of water. Between breakfast and lunch I will eat an apple or carrot/celery sticks. Lunch is usally between 12 and 1pm. Fruits and veggies high in water and fiber help fill you up too. The way I am eating, keeps me content. Last night I had to go to Chicago for my nieces H.S. musical (7:30 - 10pm), I had an early dinner at 5pm (grilled chicken and brussel sprouts), left my house at 5:30 to pick up roses, and I grabbed a protein bar (Clif 240 calories 10 grams protein), I ate it at 7 pm just before entering the school, drank a bottle of water and I was fine the rest of the night, by the time I got home it was 11:30. In the past I would have been craving and looking for something, but i didn't eat like I do now. How much fiber/protein do you eat every day?

ja2ma6lee
02-27-2011, 02:59 PM
I am not sure how much fiber or protien I have in my diet. I know this week was probably high in fiber. I was having 1-2 tsp of psyllium husk and a lot of fruit, salad, and beans. I will have to keep an eye on it this week and look into increasing my protien. Thanks for the tip.

I did really well with the 4 day diet. I lost 2 lbs. I did the fast all of yesterday up till 2 in the morning and had to eat something. My head hurt and I couldn't fall asleep. I had a peice of toast, cheese, and pickle. Maybe a total of 175 calories. It was not a major set back and this morning I was down another lb. I am fasting again today till dinner where I plan to finish up the soup (and probably salad) from phase one of the 4-day diet. Tomorrow I'm in the Transition phase for 4 days. I have my meal plan already written out. I'm feeling good and really motivated.

I spring cleaned my living room. I arranged it so I have more space to work out. I'm also going to bring my gym clothes with me this week to work and try and get my work gf to go with me.

I am back on track to lose the weight I want by St. Pats and more importantly the summer.