Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 06:49 AM   #1  

Lightbulb looking to start a challenge

I am looking for some online friends to start a challenge with,Tommorow is Thanksgiving and I would like to focus on something beginning Friday November 29,2002.

Something simple such as staying on W.W. POINTS with no cheats(wait I said simple) LOL O or exercise for at least 20 minutes a day.ANY SUGGETIONS????

I would really like to begin on Friday so please E-mail me or post a reply A.S.A.P so we can make a plan. [email protected]
Old 11-27-2002, 10:37 PM   #2  

I'd like to join the challenge. Nothing too complicated, though, I have to start slow. I certainly plan on enjoying tomorrow's feast, however. It's going to be my last!!
Old 11-28-2002, 07:48 AM   #3  

OKAY,YEAH SOMEONE IS INTERESTED!!!!! So I been thinking maybe if you and I just stick to whatever plans we are following(w.w. 4 me) no cheating add at least 10 minutes of any kind of movement and are you ready for the part that's going to be hard??I want to weight myself tommorow day after Thanksgiving AGHHHHHHH POST IT and then not weigh myself until X-MAS morning I think if I stick to that which I don't consider that easy being I can't seem to put together more then 3 days.i will get the best x-mas present of all.I of course secretly am hoping to wake up Christmas morning and find that I lost 50 lbs,LOL but really 10 would make me happy. Let me know??? Any other suggestions?? I really hope you reply back because I do need support.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:47 AM   #4  

OKAY FACE THE FACTS S.W. 226 9/16/02
C.W. 214
X-MAS CHALLENGE
I know it's a long shot,but I am willing to put in the extra walks,and eat within my points everyday,I am not going to weigh myself,until X - mas morning. Let the fun begin here.I really want to be 1 size smaller by Christmas.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:30 PM   #5  

I'll take that challenge
11/29/02- 175
goal by x-mas morning is 150
that will take me down one size
Old 11-29-2002, 05:56 PM   #6  

Great welcome aboard it is so nice to see someone else will do it with me.The hardest part for me will to avoid the scale.Good things come to those who wait,so maybe I too,can lose 25lbs.Some people will say slow is better,I am not so sure because,I seem to get bored with a 1 or 2 lb weight lost per week.Yes, they say you gain it back faster,but if you change your ways and eating habits and exercise to I believe if you really want to keep it off you will.
So far today has been good,I did manage to do about 15 minutes of exercise,I can't believe I have let myself get this out of shape.With persistance I am sure exercise won't feel so hard.
Let me know how your doing and welcome aboard,Stacy
Old 11-30-2002, 08:12 AM   #7  

day 2 and feeling stronger.Sometimes on the first day you jusify and start thinkinking maybe I will start monday or after X-mas etc....I did for a moment or 2 think those thoughts but stayed on track with focusing on this challenge I presented online.I would love for people to join,but if there don't follow through I will just post to myself each day.
I AM IN THE 24-29 PTS. RANGE AND FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE JOINING IN SEPT.02 I ONLY HAD 20PTS.YESTERDAY.
OF COURSE,I AM DYING TO JUMP ON THE SCALE THIS AM,B/C I MUST SECRETLY THINK I LOST 10 LBS(LOL)
I actually put my out of shape body on the treadmill for 15 minutes this morning.Getting on it,and staying on past the first 5 minutes was the hardest,I wanted off.I am moving forward.not staying the same or looking back i have a goal to reach one day at a time.Sometimes 5 minutes at a time for,there is always some inner conflict to do the right thing.

WHERE ARE MY BUDDIES??
Old 12-01-2002, 08:41 AM   #8  

I don't know what happened to the others,butI am here plugging along at another day.
Today is day 3 of my challenge,24 more mornings before I will allow myself to weigh in.I am still feeling very committed,I pray it will last.
W.W. is really so easy to fit in to my lifestyle,It is so nice to know that I can eat anything as long as I count the points.Funny how that little trick makes you really think about using 6 pts for a chocolate bar or a nice hot plate of W.W. Chicken Fettacini(my favorite).I guess I have definately learned something with this program,unlike all the other plans I've tried.
Exercise is the hard part for me,2 days I have done it.It is just so hard to make myself do it.Will I ever just want to do it???
Still hoping someone will jump in and join me,but either way I am determined to have success with small goals.

Last edited by tryin2loze; 12-01-2002 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:39 AM   #9  

I have been staying on points for two days now but I am having difficulty starting any excercise. I have walked the mall on Saturday for an hour but nothing fast pace. I also walked around alot at a train show I was at.Does that count as excercise
Old 12-02-2002, 05:51 AM   #10  

Smile

Good Morning,Judmom I would say that ant time you got up and made your body move other then sitting will help count towards exercise. EXERCISE CAN START OFF WITH SMALL CHANGES,PARKING FURTHER EVEN IF IT IS JUST 2 SPOTS AWAY FROM THE ONE YOU'D NORMALLY PICK.Get up and change the tv channel without the remote.The beginning is always the hardest.
Well,I am so happy you posted again and are with me.Today is day 4 on O.P. I am ver proud of myself,the scale is calling me.I will not peek until CHRISTMAS.I have exercised every day too,I feel like my heart is going to pound out of my chest,I fight with myself getting there and the first 5 minutes I think off reasons to stop.Then,it passes and I wind up feeling great when I am done.15 minutes is nothing,but it is a move in the right direction.
Thanks for writing,Your doing great.Keep on posting.I check in a lot through the day,write again.

Last edited by tryin2loze; 12-02-2002 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:58 PM   #11  

I cheated I weighed myself this morning I think I am addicted to the scale. Any way I had my hubby hide it and was told not to bring it out till x-mas. I am not sure were I am suppose to be with point I have to look it up and adjust accordingly I had added extra point because I was nursing and now i am np longer doing so.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:52 AM   #12  

I weighed myself last night,I could'nt wait.Today I am either putting the scale in my van or leaving it at someone's house until Christmas eve I too,am ADDICTED TO THE SCALE.I knew that was the hardest part for me.
Well,I am beginning my 5th day of exercising and staying within points.I do feel stronger each day.I don't know why or how,I guess I am just ready.I will make my goal.
Stopping nursing for me(all 3)was always a relief as well as very sad.
Glad to hear from you.Keep up the good work.Let's get the scale out of our minds now work hard and Christmas morning will be the most wonderful feeling,only 22 days.
Stacy
Old 12-05-2002, 05:56 AM   #13  

BEGINNING DAY 6
I am doing it,I relly am doing it.What a truly wonderful feeling.I have the power to reach my goals and I am taikng it a day at a time moving forward.I always knew I could do it.It just took so damn long to commit to the work.W.W. IS really easy for me to follow.I am still finding resistance with the exercise but am making the effort to move through it.
Three weeks til Christmas.I can't wait to weigh in.I can't wait to see which clothes will fit.I have a wide variety of sizes to choose from.Well,I am going to get my day started,I was just checking in to see if anyone was in this challenge still? Have a happy day!!
Old 12-13-2002, 02:03 PM   #14  

Stacy--

This isn't my usual stomping ground, and I know I didn't join your challenge, but I can't help but wonder how you're doing!

Keep up the good work!!

P.S. I believe that a person really can be addicted to weighing in. It's more like an obsession than an addiction for me!! Every time I walk by mine I step on--you know, because my weight could actually change from one hour to the next :LOL:
Closed Thread