Old 09-26-2006, 11:28 PM   #1  

Default Any Chicks want to start a new challenge?

This is my first post.... so be kind...!

I have looked in this section wanting to join a challenge, but most look underway.... Is anyone interested in a new challenge? We can choose a start date / end date and goals....?

I would love to find some other newbies who want to work through our efforts together!!!!

A little about me - I am 28 and 30kg's overweight. I had lost 37kg's and then feel pregnant. I then proceeded to eat non-stop for 9 months and well here I am . Bub's is now 15 months and I am still 30kg's overweight. I have attempted to lose weight many times since having bub's and seem to fall off the wagon....

I really want a group of people who I can update on my progress and hear the progress of others.... Any takers????
Aussie_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I would like a fresh challenge. I have one going that is a goal for new years, but i am desperately needing one for between now and then. I am also in an exercise challenge.

Did you have anything in mind?
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/150

Hey There,

Count me in! I'm a returning newbie here and looking for support. I'm on my second week of Weight Watchers and have lost 3.4 lbs. so far. I need to lose a total of about 95 lbs. but any mini challenge will keep me motivated.
Just let me know what it is and when I need to start.
ChristalynnBurchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/158/126

Height: 5'3"

Hi I want to join you ladies,

My plan is to workout 4 days a week.
Should we start October 1st? What would be the mini-goal?
uschim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:33 PM   #5  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi Ladies,

Do you mind if I join the challenge as well?

Nicole
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:03 PM   #6  
Transformation

S/C/G: 183/154/138

Height: 5'2"

What do you think about an October accountabliity challenge?

The idea is that we track our food for 31 days. That's a problem for me especially on the weekends I get lazy and figure I did ok. So the challenge is that we are truly going to track what we eat by points, calories, carbs whatever people count. We can make a quick post hopefully everyday.

And if you're OCD like me you could see what happens each week. For example;

m 1200 cal
t 1550
w 2343
th ...

then figure out the calories for the week and see if your wt went up or down. You can also have a planned day off but you have to post that your taking a freeday the day before.

That's my idea, feel free to not do this.
Nancy
nawchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Mind if I join too? I would love a challenge. I will write what I eat for the day and I also have a goal of exercising at least 3 times a week for 30-60 minutes each day. My goal is to lose 10 pounds this month. I also want to drink more water. I am a Diet Coke addict and I know that I would feel better if I drank more water. Let's do this!!!!
RCsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/150

I don't know about all of you but my hardest challenge is exercising. Maybe we should have a challenge were we do so much a week?...Watcha think?
ChristalynnBurchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/140/120

I am a newbie and I would love to join a challenge that is just beginning. I will tell you a bit about me: I worked as a middle school teacher for 18 years and now I am making a career change. I am taking this year off to rest, rebuild, and get fit. I sometimes have energy and sometimes I don't but I am making it through. I just get up and put one foot in front of the other.

I try to eat around 1200 cals of balanced meals and I exercise daily. Sometimes I run or bike or use the stairmaster. I also do weights.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I would love the goal of 10 pounds by Halloween. I like that one. I'll certainly maintain the others of exercising daily and posting food intake daily as well.

Count me in!!! Great idea Aussi Chick
chrissym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196.8/187.2/180

Height: 5' 11"

I would love to join....I need motivation!!

MomKimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #11  
Spurs Chick

S/C/G: 214/206/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hi! I would love to join a challenge too! I joined a gym recently, but haven't got there too much, as I am getting over a chest infection.

I had already decided that tomorrow, 1st October would be the start of my "thistimeIamreallygoingtodoit" diet and fitness regime - so a challenge with all of you is an ideal start!

I am all for writing down what I eat, and making a note of my exercise too!

I am visiting the States (Chicago) in December, and would love to drop at least 15lb for that!
FionaMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:53 PM   #12  
Transformation

I hear you guys on the exercise I haven't gone to the gym in about 5 months.

chrissy how cool to have a year off. I got laid off from my job and have been rethinking my whole life. Although financially its been tight there have been so many blessings too.

You guys have gotten me all enthused, makes dieting and exercise seem a lot more fun with friends along.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:57 PM   #13  
Transformation

PS you girls that said you wanted to lose 10lbs in a month, can you really lose wt that fast? So far I barely lose 2-3lbs a month. What's your secret?
Old 09-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #14  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Okay ladies I would love to join. I agree about starting in October 1st. I think we could post the cals for the day. Maybe cals, fat, carbs, protein % ? Also how much exercise we are doing? How about we make it a goal to lose 10 pounds by haloween? That is my goal right now anyhow!

Nawchem some people have more to lose than you do and the more we have to lose, the more cals we cut and it affects us more. I have heard that people can healthily lose 1-2 pounds a week. Are you exercising? How many cals a day are you doing? I usually lose about 8 a month.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:56 AM   #15  
Transformation

Jasmine I don't count calories but a rough guess would be 1400-2000. My only exercise is walking and yoga. I guess I would lose faster if I didn't eat so much eh? But then I get hungry and cheat!

Well I'm going to aim for 5lbs, that seems pretty unlikely but something to shoot for right?