Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/136/115

Height: 5'3

Default Double Chin :o

Good afternoon ladies!! I am now a beautiful 193 =), started at 217. One thing, why has my 'double chin' or, 'excess neck fat' not gone down?

Has anyone else had a problem with not being able to see their weight loss? I started my progress because when my school picture came, i had a HORRIBLE double chin. That picture was a HUGE wake up call to me that it was deffinetly time to start doing something. So i did, and i have lost 24 pounds. My goal weight is 140/150 .. but i am VERY impatient and i REALLY want this double chin gone. My question here is,

Do you have trouble seeing your weight loss? At how much weight loss did you actually 'see' it?

And, does anyone know some good 'double chin exercises'? I know this sounds silly, but i cant look in the mirror without feeling down because i see that chin there.

Share your stories please !! <3
missmandiex0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #2  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I don't know any good chin exercises, but I do know how you feel. I have had a double chin since I was very young and it probably the thing I hate most about my overweight appearance. To this day, when I look in the mirror, my chin looks just as big as it ever did, so the key for me is to take pictures and compare them side by side, only then can I see a difference.

As far as actually getting rid of my excess chin, I'm just being patient and hoping it will happen eventually!!

Last edited by JustSharing83; 01-13-2011 at 12:53 AM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

It took 70 pounds gone before I noticed I no longer had a double chin. Not sure when it went away, but it was only recently that I noticed it was no longer there. It's hard to say when you'll start noticing certain body changes, but it will eventually happen unfortunately it takes that dreaded word patience.
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/143/120

Height: 5'1.5"

I think everybody's body changes differently in response to weight loss. I know mine certainly has even changed differently the different times I've lost weight. I do know one thing - keep after it and eventually it will be gone!
shadetree20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

I don't even know if the double chin is about weight..i've ALWAYS had a double chin..in high school when i was 115lbs i had a double chin. I hate taking profile sideways pictures because of it. I'm at the point I just want lipo on my chin. I think it may be hereditary because my mother has never weighed over 130lbs and also has always had a double chin
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

I just read your post and went to look in the mirror and my double chin is mostly gone unless I put my head down. I'm not sure when it went away. Which is a good indicator that as we see ourselves everyday in the mirror that things change so gradually that we might not notice them. Now me I have always been more focused on my belly and observe it regularly for signs of change. If it ever disapears I will be jumping for joy.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

angeluv, I'm the same way. I would have to get very bony-skinny, I think, before my double chin went away. Just my jaw structure. I've always been very self-conscious about it, but I'm starting to realize that no one really cares. I know people who have the same issue who look gorgeous nonetheless.
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #8  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmandiex0 View Post
Good afternoon ladies!! I am now a beautiful 193 =), started at 217. One thing, why has my 'double chin' or, 'excess neck fat' not gone down?

Has anyone else had a problem with not being able to see their weight loss? I started my progress because when my school picture came, i had a HORRIBLE double chin. That picture was a HUGE wake up call to me that it was deffinetly time to start doing something. So i did, and i have lost 24 pounds. My goal weight is 140/150 .. but i am VERY impatient and i REALLY want this double chin gone. My question here is,

Do you have trouble seeing your weight loss? At how much weight loss did you actually 'see' it?

And, does anyone know some good 'double chin exercises'? I know this sounds silly, but i cant look in the mirror without feeling down because i see that chin there.

Share your stories please !! <3
Hi! I went to www.youtube.com and typed in face exercises getting rid of your double chin- there were several there. I did the second showcased one with cynthia rowland and could actually feel the muscles being worked in my chin and neck area. I don't know if this will actually work but it may be something to check out
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

That woman is going to wonder why her hits are going to double and triple in the next few days LOL. That was actually cool to see.
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/136/115

Height: 5'3

Hahaha! Wow thank you guys! I actually am going to start trying those exercises.
missmandiex0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

My husband is starting to lose weight, and I said "we should take some pictures of your face, so you can see as it goes down" and he said "I am worried about loose skin" and I said "It's unlikely you'll have any on your face. I don't" and he goes "I guess your face must have slimmed down some, but I never noticed". Now, I have lost ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY POUNDS. My face is half the size it used to be. I went and got my passport photo to show him, and he's like "that's remarkable. I don't remember that at all". My point is that gradual changes are HARD to see when you look at your face every day. Just keep trucking.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Height: 5'6"

For me, dealing with the double chin is just about patience. Even though I had lost some weight in my face, my double chin didn't start improving much until my most recent 10lbs. So yeah, I was able to lose about 50 before my jaw started changing shape (though right now the double chin is still there, but now its noticeably smaller).

As for trouble seeing my weightloss, yeah I do sometimes, especially early on. I mostly felt that when I was trying to focus on the big picture, so instead I do my best to focus on smaller things that are changing, like maybe one specific area, and eventually all those small changes became big ones.
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

NOBODY noticed that I had lost any weight until I lost my 1st 30lbs. At around a loss of 20-25, people started asking if I cut my hair or colored it or saying something was different, but no one really commented on my weight loss or actual changes to my face until I had gotten rid of 30lbs.

Don't be discouraged!!!
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote