Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 1 (01/10-01/16)

Bigmid
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Hello Blue Team,

Welcome back to all of our returning challangers and a big hello and welcome to all of the new Blue Team members:D

I am posting the chat thread early today this gives us a chance to start talking and getting to know one another. In the future the new threads won't be posted until after cut off on Sunday nights.

My name is Jacky (bigmid) and I am your blue team leader, I think this is my 5th challange. The first one I lost 20lbs, next two I lost 15lbs, and the last one I gained 2lbs and now over Christmas I have gained another 10 on top of that.
Here I was 2lbs from goal and 12 from my altimate goal and now I can't even see those numbers anymore and it will take me at least 2 challanges to get there. The most important thing is I have not given up. It was a slip in the road that is now being fixed.
I have been a yo-yo dieter from since I can remember and I am one of those that just looks or thinks about food and I gain weight. I have been following the WW plan and may try the new pro points or just stick with the old way. I do think of all of this as a lifestyle change now though and not a diet. I also give myself 1 cheat day a week and find this very successful. (too many cheat days over the holidays) oh well back on track now.
I am a firm believer in slow and steady not a fan of the loss it fast method unless it is totally approved by a doctor.

You can call me Jacky or bigmid which ever you prefer, please let me know if you would like me to call you by your screen names or your real name.

I am 44, single, no kids, same job for 19 years (well same company) I am a photolab manager and really enjoy what I do. Has it's moments but then again so does everything else. I took up running in the late spring and loved it supriseingly (sp) but now with winter I had to give it up for now. So I do DVD workouts in the basement along with the Wii, I also have an elliptical but hate it.

Enough about me lets here about all of you,

P.S. - I usually do personals to everyone but in the first couple weeks everyone is very chatty (which is awesome) but I can't always keep up with it. So don't feel bad if I miss you or don't even do personals in the first couple weeks while we are still getting to know everyone.

rainbowsmiles
01-09-2011, 04:03 PM
:hug:HI JACKY!!!!:hug:
:cheer3::cheer3:GOOD LUCK BLUE TEAM!!!!:cheer3::cheer3:

Mercy03
01-09-2011, 04:26 PM
My name is Liz and this is my 5th challenge.I have lost 20 pounds and gained back 10:mad:,so I still have some weight loss issues to with.I am 49 and happily divorced:) and take care of my 83rd old mother.I work in retail in accounting.

I love sports and fitness,am a Jillian Michaels fanatic and I hope to work off these last 10 pounds by dieting and exercising and increasing my fitness.

Jackie,thanks again for being our leader and motivator:).I know that we can both meet our goals this challenge,if not.........I'll kick our asses:D

maryshady
01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone!!! So glad we are starting again. Started my second round of the protocol I am on today. So excited to see how much I will lose by weigh in.

I am a 45 yo wife(been marrried 23 yrs.) & mother of 3 (ds-27, dd-21, dd-19) and grandmother to Olivia who is 3. I live in South Jersey no too far from Atlantic City. I am a elementary school counselor, absolutely love my job and hoping for a snow day this week. We are suppose to get socked with anywhere from 12-25 inches depending on the track of the storm.

Good Luck to all of us. Can't wait to meet you all and work this together!

inklestinkle
01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Elise and this is I think my 3rd or 4th challenge. I lost a lot of weight during my second challenge, then gained it back during my last pregnancy so now I'm back again.

I'm 28, happily married, a stay at home mom of 5 kids (11, 9, 7, 3 and 5 months) and in my spare time, I'm somewhat of an artist and a terrible writer working on my first novel.

I've been trying to convince myself to get in shape for years. Heart disease, strokes and diabetes run in my family, so that's a motivating factor. But I also miss who I used to be when I was fit and able to do more things.

Here's to a year of running, dancing and lifting those pounds away.

Geaux Blue Team!

Bobbolink
01-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Hi Jacky, you can call me Bobbi. DH and I live out in the country with our faithful English Setter 'Charlie'. (We're both retired) In the summer we tend a large vegetable garden, 4 flower beds and a large shade garden that's heavenly to sit in. We both cross country ski and shovel snow in the winter. We live in Minnesota where there is plenty of snow to work or play in. I love reading mystery novels and playing Spider Solitaire on the computer.
I have been in denial about by shrinking height for many years and decided to measure myself. After checking the weight/height chart I decided to drop 10 more pounds. I know I can do it here because I'm very competitive. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, I see we have 60 people signed up on the Blue team. I certainly hope everyone stays with the program after all the hard work you Jacky and the red team leader did to even out the teams. '
Good luck everyone.
Bobbi

Narnia99
01-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Hi everyone. I am so excited that the challenge is starting! Thank you Jacky for all the hard work you do for us!
A bit about me - I am 40 years old and a stay at home mom to my 3 children, who are 12, 9, 7. I am currently taking a few college courses and I am loving it. I eventually want to get into the health care field, but I am unsure what avenue I want to pursue right now.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better :)

dream710
01-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome to all those old and new!! My name is Bridgette and this is my 4th challenge. I'm 33 years old, I've been married for 11yrs with two children (DD 7, DS turns 2 Wed). I'm a calorie counter and love to exercise. Currently I have a set exercise routine I do throughout the week, but my work schedule maybe changing, which means coming up with a whole new game plan. I tend to struggle with my eating, even though I know what I should and shouldn't be having. I've set two goals for this challenge, first to get my evening binges under control, and secondly a loss of 20lbs. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

spryng
01-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone! :)

I am Spryng, real name btw, it's pronounced spring like the season. I am 30 years old, mother of 4 (11, 10, 7 and 4) my husband is an over the road truck driver and usually only home on the weekends, so it's just me and the kiddos during the week. I work out of my home for a large medical insurance company. I put in long days (10-12 hrs a day) so I'm super busy and usually super exausted but the good news is tomorrow starts some training on a new position I just got so my days will be more normal and shouldn't be longer than 8 hrs, I forget what that feels like, LOL But I will also have hour long lunches so that is perfect for working out everyday so I plan to do just that, no excuses :)
anyhoo.. this is my first challenge and I'm super excited about it! I'm hoping it will put me pretty close to my goal by the time it's over and just in time for spring clothes, can't wait! :) Can't wait to get to know each of you and good luck!!! :)

Lily In Bloom
01-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi all!

I'm Lily and, like everyone else here, I'm super excited for this challenge. I actually have a similar challenge going with my two roommates (ours is to see who can lose the best % by 3/1), so I'm hoping participating here will give me the edge to beat them =D The winner gets a sushi dinner, paid for by the losers, so I have to beat them!

I started South Beach Diet last Monday, and I've had some good success and actually been eating tastier food than I was before, so I'm pretty happy there. For exercise, I've mostly just been trying to take my dog on good, lengthy walks at least once a day. This past week we've managed to do at least 1 mile long walk a day, and maybe another /14 or 1/2 mile later.

Well, I think that's me, I look forward to being part of this team and to meeting all our goals!

PageLynn
01-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone! My name is Page. I am 23 and a single mom to 2 wonderful little boys ( 3 years old & 3 months old). I am a full time college student. Currently not working but hope to find something soon. I am hoping this challenge will help me stay on track for my birthday goal. (April 29th, goal of 170).

abetterme
01-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone!
My name is Kelsey and this is my first challenge. Ever since about 3rd grade I had always felt fat. Ever since then my weight has always been on my mind. I remember in fifth grade I was 130 lbs and felt enormous. Now I wish I could be that now! The weight I normally am before I got pregnant and had my daughter was around 170. The lightest I have been was around 165 and that never lasted long. That is a mini goal of mine- to reach the 160's. So right now I am focusing on getting my baby weight off, then getting the rest off. I am looking forward to this challenge and shedding some lbs!

Cape Breton Chick
01-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey everyone! Mercy and Jacky, Mary and dream :hug: and all the returning members.. I've missed you all!! And welcome to all of our new team members.. :D I did not participate in the fall challenge and have gained everything back... its been a long hard few months.
I am the Director and Preschool teacher at a daycare and have just taken over all of the accounting.. which is stressful to say the least.. lol but I love my job.
I am planning on doing the new Weight Watchers Points Plus program, I am just waiting for the materials to come int he mail.. I will not be doing it online or going to meetings, just on my own with lots of exercise and of course coming here for encouragement and support, and to give same to everyone else! :)I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting started with this challenge...:yay: lol

TooManyDimples
01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Kim, first Challenge for me. I'm 27, my husband is in the Army so we currently live in Frederick, Maryland. We have a 4 year old little girl named Gwendolyn. I've always been a stay at home, but now that she's going to school I'd like to find something part time.

I've been overweight for most of my life. I hit my high of 275 Christmas of 2006. Since then I've yoyo-ed between 260 and 240 for years. I hit my newest low of 234 right before this past Christmas and then got a bit off track.

I'm looking forward to doing this challenge with everyone. I hope it helps light a bit of a spark in me and helps to keep me accountable.

rainbowsmiles
01-09-2011, 08:56 PM
:cheer3:GO BLUE!! GO BLUE!!:cheer3:
:cheer2:GO RED!!! GO RED!!!:cheer2:
hi everyone.....so happy to see all the people posting here....sorry....i am on the red team...but am just itching to get started....and there is no red thread yet...kudos jacky for getting your team going early!!! i sure hope everyone reaches their goals for this challenge...this is my first challenge
:) i am excited....can't u tell !!! hahaha

good luck from a red team member!!! bring it on chickadoodles!!!:hug:

drinkypants
01-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Hey everyone =] A little about me, I am 32 and have been married to an amazing man for 6 years, no kids yet, but 2 dogs that I adore. I am currently between jobs, which is giving me far too much time to sit around and think about food.

I have been overweight my entire life. I was always the fat kid. My highest weight was 316, I got down to 220, but gained 36 of that back. I always end up making unrealistic weight loss goals and quit, because I get discouraged when I don't meet them. This time I am trying the long, slow, steady wins the race approach. I am calorie counting (1200 calories atm) and planning to exercise at least 3 days a week cardio, and 3 days a week strength training. I am hoping this challenge will help keep me on track and accountable. I am really excited about it, and look forward to losing with all of you!

sandlll
01-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first challenge and hope it helps motivate me to lose the baby weight (my baby just turned 7!!!). I am 37 and have 7 and 8 yo girls. I've been married for 9 1/2 years and have been overweight for most of it! I am so ready to get back to a normal weight range. I want to be a healthier role model for my girls and to hopefully prevent any food related diseases. I am a registered dietitian, so technically I know what to eat, I just have to follow it! I just started doing ww online, I find keeping track of points keeps me more accountable. I am so grateful to find this site and the challenge, looking forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks for organizing this challenge!

Bigmid
01-09-2011, 09:57 PM
See I told you were a chatty bunch in the beginning. I love it!!!!

Hello Liz (and yes you can kick my butt if I don't snap out of it) I'll even come to Florida for you to do it (and for me to leave the snow and cold):D

Welcome back to Mary, Elsie, Narnia, Angela (we missed you:hug:), Bridgette,

Hello to the newcomers Bobbi, Spryng, Lily, Page, Kelsey, Kim, CocoLoco, Sandlll

Rainbowsmiles - Your post will be up soon enough we usually don't post them til late Sunday night or early Mon morning. That's awesome that you are so excited to start. I was to for my first challange (heck all the challanges) good luck on reaching your goal and feel free to drop on over any time. We are all in this together.:)

Make sure that you all post in the weigh in thread and you MUST use the starting weight you signed up with. If you don't I will just have to go in and edit it.

BLUE TEAM lets rock this challange.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Doragone
01-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone - I'm Dora from Oregon, I'm 60 years old and this is about my 3rd challenge. Sorry to say, I'm right back where I started - I've been "stuffing" my emotions this year after losing my 33 year old son Seth unexpectedly from a seizure Christmas Eve, 2009. I'm getting stronger and am ready to feel better on so many levels and I know this is one of the very best ways to do it.:D I work part time as a contract RN for the state of Oregon and will be co-facilitating the next Grief Share class at our church. I have 4 other children and 3 grandchildren, my daughter Jessie is Down Syndrome and one grandchild is Autistic.
I have ordered the book and DVD by Danna Demetre Scale Down, Live it Up which comes from a Christian perspective, which I feel will reach me on the level I will respond to the best.
Exercise is pretty poor, first day on the elliptical - 4 min, next 5 min, next 6. Maybe by the end of the challenge - 30!!!!! :cheer3: Here's to a great week - already have had a swoosh - hope it lasts.:crossed: Good luck all.

Dora

Soon2BFitChick
01-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone! So happy to be back again! I've been in most of the TBL challenges and always loved it. Everyone is so supportive and caring. Great place to lose weight. Hiya to everyone who is returning too!! Hi girlies!!! I was so happy to see all the names I'm so familiar with. And I couldn't believe some of yalls starting weights! You are doing great! I keep going up and down with 4 lbs lately. :shrug:

And a special hello to all the new people. You will really like these challenges. Just be sure to post on time and try to come chat when you can. I don't get to come here as much as I used to. Busier nowadays.. I'm self-employed (we have a business so I do the paperwork and he is gone every day but Sunday so I just see him for a few minutes every morning and I stay swamped with house, kids, work, errands, etc!) I'm very lucky and grateful for my sweet family. I'm 37, live in Texas, married to a great guy, 3 kids, boy 9, girl 5 and girl 2 and may adopt a baby boy this year if we decide to. Probably will. We love babies. (We foster to adopt so we lose babies to relatives often so it's hard. Lost 3 boys so far and praying this next one gets to stay forever. :) :bb: Anyhoo, he will be our last if he does. :)

I was at 277 at my heaviest and now I'm 176 or so. Down from starting weight a little. Hope to get into 150s and buy some clothes that fit!

Good luck in the challenge!!! :cheer3: Go Blue Team!!!!

Selina :hug:

reji
01-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Hi! You can call me Reji; I'm 45, married to my fabulous partner and with two great stepsons who are 19 and 17. I did a challenge at the end of 2008 and lost almost 7 pounds, so I'm hoping to do as well in this one. I've been calorie counting for the first time this year, and it seems to be working for me. Exercise is my downfall, so I hope that the accountability here will push me to do more. I know it's good for me, and I can see the benefits--as Nike says, I need to "just do it!"

Dora, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I'm glad you're feeling ready to take on this new challenge.

vdander24
01-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Hey Blue Team!!! Ditto on the excited to be here! I am Vivian. I am 37 and live just outside Los Angeles. I am single, but VERY committed to my partner of five years. I am unemployed after working 15 years for the same company. So, I am going back to school to finally become a nurse.

In the meantime, I am learning how to cook, and taking time to get healthy.
My highest weight was up over 280, but I was too chicken to officially weigh myself. I lost some weight over the summer, and had lost some more until mid December. This really IS going to be my year. Very, Very Busy, by MY year. I have a goal of running 6 5k's this year and the first one is coming up in February. On the food front, I am doing calorie counting. I am a competitive person, and love teams! I am COMMITTED to seeing this through! Can't wait to hear more about everyone! GO BLUE!

radar2011
01-10-2011, 04:35 AM
Hi everyone. John here. My start weight is 323.5... I'm 50, I've been hovering around 330 for quite a while. I figure it's time to lose the weight I'll be doing a lot of exercise, and I hope I'll be able to help the team.

mumtoliam
01-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Hi everyone! I am a newbie and excited! My name is Vanessa. I am 35, single mum to a 6 and 3/4 year old son and an assistant primary school principal. i live in Australia, and I am enjoying Summer school holidays.

I am actually going away Jan 15th - 22nd but I will have my weigh in ready for the first weigh in, and hopefully will stay on track over the week I am away. This group will keep me focused.

Going away will be easier I am thinking than returning to work. I am soooo busy at work, I don't have a chance to eat, then I get hungry and have take away or eat too much of the wrong thing.

At the end of this I am going away to Lindeman Island for a week, so if thats not motivation - I don't know what is.

Hope to get to know you all better,

mommy2fat
01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Hello all. My name is Glenda. I am a wife and mother of a 11 year old DD and 4 year old DS. I work as a Business Office Manager for a Nursing Home in Raleigh.

This is my first challenge! I am very excited. Since my weight loss journey began I have lost 22lbs. I have been a little relaxed on my eating habits since the holidays. I hope this is going to give me the kick in the rear I need!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!! GO BLUE!!!!

Inferno
01-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm Summer, and I'm really excited to start this challenge. I'm 25, and just got engaged to the sweetest man in the world :). I currently work as a project coordinator for an osteoarthritis study.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Matilda08
01-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Hello all and Im looking forward to losing at least 20lbs during this challenge. I have not started this year off so well so I hope this challenge helps me with getting back in the game!!!

Lets go blue!

debbieOBX
01-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Hello Everyone! Im debbie and im excited to meet everyone! As a team WE can do this. This is my first time, so i may have lots of questions!
!!!GO BLUE TEAM!!!

dream710
01-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Morning Team! Looks like my normal workout scheduled for today has been changed, the usual run and yoga has been replaced with scooping snow! It started Saturday evening and has yet to quit. Well I'm off to dig out! Everyone have an POP day!

chiquita623
01-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Good Morning Everyone. My name is Laurie and I am 54 years old. I recently got married and we have 5 children between us and 11 grandkids!!! My main goal is to get fit and healthy enough to keep up with all the grandkids. I want to be the FUN grandma. And I'm retiring April 30 and want to be able to go and do and enjoy myself without worrying about health issues.

I've started several of these challenges in the past but have never completed one. I am determined to finish this one. My major downfall is exercising but am going to fix that. I plan on just easing into it and building up each day so that by the end of this challenge I can exercise daily.

I am going to calorie count (1200/day) and see how that works for me. As well as journaling everything that I eat.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to chatting with you all and giving you the support, encouragement and kick in the pants when needed.

NancyO
01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Morning Blue Team!

My name's Nancy and this is my 3rd challenge. I haven't been super chatty the last 2, so this one I vow to be around more. I been trying to lose weight for the past 2 years and have lost 40lbs so far, mostly doing Weight Watchers. But I haven't really lost any in the last year (I gained what i did lose back over the xmas season) so I'm determined to get to goal by the end of this year! I signed up for WW pro points online, so I'll see how the new program works and I plan on working out 5 days a week.

I'm 32, single with no kids. I live in Calgary where I manage a photo lab (same company as Jacky (bigmid), who is one of my best friends, so we try to keep each other motivated.

Good luck to everyone!

CourtneyDaisey
01-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Hello folks! I was just popping over from the Red Team to cheer you all on and wish you the best in reaching all of your goals! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :cheer:

I can't want to see everyone's progress! :D

babygrant
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Wow, chatty ladies! lol.

My name is Angela, and this is my 3rd challenge that I'm going to complete and unfortunately I had to drop out of the last challenge due to a gallbladder problem.

I've lost almost 40 pounds now and I have another 20 or 30 pounds to go. Not sure what I want my goal weight to be yet. ;) I'm 29 years old and happily married for 8 1/2 years. I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old, both boys. My family is wonderful! I work as a casual nurses aide, but only work a few days a month to get out of the house, I'm mostly a stay at home mom which I love! I do struggle with anxiety and overeating, but I'm trying to stay active OUTDOORS and eat healthy to aleviate the symptoms of the anxiety.

Looking forward to this challenge!

Bobbolink
01-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Are we having fun yet?
Laurie...I'm a calorie counter too and due to my short height (5'3") I have to stay under 1200 calories to lose weight. I'm mostly concerned with my belly fat and exercise is out for me while I'm under chiropractor care (3 times a week). He told me today I can walk. I live out in the country and we have snow everywhere. I think walking around our acreage through all the snow drifts are going to give me plenty of exercise for the day. I'll take my faithful dog with me, he'll love it.
Have a skinny day everyone!:wave:
Bobbi

MamaP
01-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm Kris and this is my second BL challenge. I will do better this time around. Unfortunately I've allowed myself to fall back into old habits and have put myself several months behind in my weight loss. Trying to take myself back to the basics and go from there.

Welcome everyone!

inklestinkle
01-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Welcome back everybody and welcome to the new people! Can't wait to get to know yall better.

I used to count calories, too, and it worked great, but this time around I'm breastfeeding, so I'm just making sure I eat better without cutting out too much.

I also used to set goals for the week as far as weight loss was concerned but honestly my goal is just to make sure I work out every day so I can get into a new habit this new year. I just finished working out my arms--they feel like limp noodles--and I'll get to the legs later while I watch tv. Then cardio tomorrow. I was planning on running but I have a bone spur in my heel and hurt my toe, so we'll see how it goes. I need to get started training though, because I'd like to run a 5k or 10k this year. But I say that every year, lol.

spryng
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Just popping in to say hey! How is everyone's first day on the challenge going??
I'm so psyched about this challenge that I didnt allow myself to sabbotage my workout today, lol.. I am in training for my new job position and I had an hr lunch, I had planned on working out then but got busy chatting on the phone and told myself when I got off work I would workout.. well I got off work and wanted to just relax but nope, I would not let myself sit down until I did something! plus I just got a nifty new heart rate monitor and I wanted to try it out, LOL.. so I did the 30 day shred (second time to do it, gets easier each time for sure but still a killer workout!) and was proud of myself for exercising. I truly want to be down at least 20 lbs at the end of this challenge but Im a slow loser so that is gonna take help on my part with exercise, so I just gotta get up and DO IT, lol.. how are you all doing?

Judy Lynn
01-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone! I am Judy, 51, married with 2 grown sons who live on the other side of the country. I am a bookkeeper and just started a new job December 1. Not sure yet if it's a "keeper".

I have struggled with my weight since childhood. Been up, down and everywhere in between. I lost almost 50 pounds a while back, but have been stuck in a rut for the past year.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and having a great Challenge.

mumtoliam
01-10-2011, 08:14 PM
This is my Day 2. My first day was a rest day for exercise, that is because tonight I have my first group personal training session. The first session was meant to be last Thursday but it got called off. I have never had a personal trainer before and I am worried about my fitness. I hope I can do it. I will have a group personal training session twice a week from today. There will be 5 in the group.

I will also try Zumba in two weeks time when the classes start back up again. We are in Summer school holidays at the moment. Apart from this I am WATP, walking around my suburb and Wii games. I also have an exercise bike. I think I am more than ready exercise wise.

For my diet I am doing WW Propoints. I started in December. I have already lost 1.4kg since I weighed in for this Challenge. I have been religiously tracking though so I can learn the Propoint values. Tracking and planning are key for weightloss, as I am learning.

I also need to shed emotional baggage. I have tried losing weight a few times but until I have dealt with those issues that cause me stress and to emotionally eat. I am going to keep yo - yoing. This year I feel more determined than ever, may 2011 be lighter and the most positive year ever.

Bigmid
01-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone,
I hope you are all having a great day 1 and are sticking to plan. I'm starving today for some reason. I get this way sometimes (think it's some sort of stomache issue) I could have just eaten and I feel like I am starving. Weird but staying OP. Didn't exercise today I'm working the late shift, but I took the bus so had to walk and it's freezing here so body is working hard to stay warm:)

Hello and welcome back: Dora, Soon2BFitChick, Matilda08, Laurie, Nancy, Angela and Kris

Hello and welcome to: reji, Vivian, John, Vanessa, Glenda, Summer, Debbie, and Judy.

It sounds like you all have some very good plans in place and are determined to make this your year. Remember we are all here for the same purpose so if anything starts to fall back into old habits your best solution is to come and post. We are here for each other for encouragement, support, and just to say hi.
I find the more I come and post the better I am at staying on track. I hope you all find this too. Also remember that in order to be the BL for the week or at the end you must post at least once during the week, every week.

I hope you all have a great night and any questions you may have please feel free to ask them here. Someone will always answer.

vdander24
01-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to wish everyone a good night! I had a great workout today. I also feel full, but not sick! Sounds strange, but that is an accomplishment for me. I am looking forward to having some hot tea, then heading to bead early.

I am learning how to cook, and made a really good roasted Eggplant parm recipe. The tomato sauce was fresh and bright, and well worth the 300 cals a serving.
I hope everyone has a great day 2! I am planning to get a run/walk in and then get some errands done.
Since I am currently not working, I am trying to do most of the cooking. It is a scary proposition, since until a couple of months ago I would say that I didn't go into the kitchen without adult supervision.
Truly, I am the only person I know who has sent themselves to the hospital from their own cooking!!!
The good news is that I don't really have any truly bad habits to break, and my family is glad they don't have to do it!
Can't wait to catch up with everyone tomorrow!

Songstress65
01-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Hi Everyone,
This is my first challenge. I started with a trainer in June and have lost 13lbs from my high of 270. I am getting stronger, but need to work on the cardio, sleep and food. I am a terrible tracker, so I am trying to work on that. I am 45, married-24 years, with 4 boys, 22,20,17,14. Today was a great day, except for sleep. I tracked my food, stayed on track for calories, had a training session and did 1 hour of cardio! On to day two....

Good luck to each and every one of you...we can do this.

Doragone
01-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Hi Blue Team Members!!!

It's been a pretty good first day, POP, increased time on elliptical from 6 min up to 11 min:p I found this pretty neat place for tracking your calories - you enter the food, it looks it up and puts it into your daily intake for you, adds it up as you go, so you know where you are and analyzes it not only in carbs, proteins and fats but all the nutrients. You can also log your exercise to see if you are in a negative calorie mode or not. There's a toolbar too that can be seen every time you're in your browser, showing your pounds lost and how far on the calorie consumption scale you are for that day. I really love it and maybe you will too (it's free)

http://caloriecount.about.com

Good to see such good activity here, hope to talk to you tomorrow.

Dora

maryshady
01-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Morning Everyone! Today starts my official second round. Excited and nervous to see what the next 4 weeks hold. We are suppose to be getting anywhere from 4-8 inches of snow between today and tomorrow. So hoping we may have a snow day tomorrow! Feel like a kid wishing for snow days. Hate making them up at the end of the school year but love being home im my pj's!

Dora-So glad to have you back!!! You are going to do fabulous! (((hugs)))

Hi everyone! This is my first challenge and hope it helps motivate me to lose the baby weight (my baby just turned 7!!!).

My baby was eighteen when I finally started getting this weight off. When I hit the 160's in November it had been the first time I had seen them since I got prego with her!!! lol!!!

Hey everyone =] A little about me, I am 32 and have been married to an amazing man for 6 years, no kids yet, but 2 dogs that I adore. I am currently between jobs, which is giving me far too much time to sit around and think about food.

I always find it hard to stay on track in the summer when I am off. So I understand where you are coming from. You can do this!

Hey Blue Team!!! Ditto on the excited to be here! I am Vivian. I am 37 and live just outside Los Angeles. I am single, but VERY committed to my partner of five years. I am unemployed after working 15 years for the same company. So, I am going back to school to finally become a nurse.

Congrats on going back to school! Isn't it exciting to be starting all over again!

Hi everyone. John here. My start weight is 323.5... I'm 50, I've been hovering around 330 for quite a while. I figure it's time to lose the weight I'll be doing a lot of exercise, and I hope I'll be able to help the team.

Welcome John so nice to have a man around!I finally got my brother to start with me this year. He is very close to 500 lbs. and is 50 too. He is finally ready to give up the food and he is looking forward to a different life!

Hi everyone! I am a newbie and excited! My name is Vanessa. I am 35, single mum to a 6 and 3/4 year old son and an assistant primary school principal. i live in Australia, and I am enjoying Summer school holidays.

Welcome! I work in a primary school too! Just love that age!

Hello all. My name is Glenda. I am a wife and mother of a 11 year old DD and 4 year old DS. I work as a Business Office Manager for a Nursing Home in Raleigh. This is my first challenge! I am very excited. Since my weight loss journey began I have lost 22lbs.

Great job on losing 22 lbs so far!:carrot::carrot:

Hi everyone!I'm Summer, and I'm really excited to start this challenge. I'm 25, and just got engaged to the sweetest man in the world :)!
:congrat:

Morning Blue Team!My name's Nancy and this is my 3rd challenge. I haven't been super chatty the last 2, so this one I vow to be around more.

I have been the same way this last challenge. Plan on being on here more often Good Luck!

Hi Everyone,
This is my first challenge. I started with a trainer in June and have lost 13lbs from my high of 270. I am getting stronger, but need to work on the cardio, sleep and food. I am a terrible tracker, so I am trying to work on that. I am 45, married-24 years, with 4 boys, 22,20,17,14.

I am the same way I could work my butt off and barely lose any weight if I don't watch every single thing I put into my mouth. Great job on losing 13 lbs so far!:carrot:

"Hi" to everyone else!

Have a great Tuesday! Looking forward to BL tonite!

Bobbolink
01-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Good Morning Blue Team
I agree with you Jackie, posting daily helps me stay OP. I had a great 1st day yesterday and posting on the menu thread certainly helps too. I like to see what others are eating, give me new ideas.
I find the more I come and post the better I am at staying on track. I hope you all find this too. Also remember that in order to be the BL for the week or at the end you must post at least once during the week, every week.

Dora...I use Fitday to record my daily foods but I'm going to check out the one you posted.
John...DittoWelcome John so nice to have a man around
You all have a great day, looks like we have a school delay this morning........lots more snow last night. DH will get his exercise shoveling.

Purplefirefly
01-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone! I see I have a lot in common with many people on the team, so that should help me actually make it to the end of the challenge this time. Something always happens mid-way and I drop weight loss efforts to comfort myself with food. I am determined to break this cycle this year and actually make it through this challenge and others to come.

I want to do personals but it would be a very long post since I am just getting here, so I will just do personals moving forward :)

I have my own self-created eating plan that is working quite well for me and I do DVDs, Wii, and walking/jogging around the house for exercise. I love Zumba but it's hard to get there right now due to childcare issues and weather...so it looks like indoor exercise for the next month or so.

My biggest struggle is making myself feel numb with food, so I am working on that daily. It's a big struggle right now, but I hit my weight goal last week and am hoping to do the same this week as well.

TooManyDimples
01-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Good morning all. Yesterday was a great first day for me, especially after I had a rough weekend. I was on plan and I got in 50 minutes of cardio. Today is a strength day for me so once I get my little one off on the bus to school I'll be getting my exercise in for the day. We are supposed to get some snow, but the last time they said that we didn't see a flake. I guess we'll see what happens. =)

I hope everyone has a great day.

Lily In Bloom
01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Monday (day 1) was kinda outta wack for me. Between getting ready for the school year to start (I teach) and my sleep schedule being way off, I only had a jello and dinner to eat yesterday. Oh, and three cups of coffee. I wasn't even hungry, I was so stressed and focused on getting everything done before today. I know that that's bad though, and that I really need to be eating my three meals a day, so even though everything I did have was on plan, I still consider yesterday to be a very off-plan day.

And, of course, school was canceled today for snow. Guess that means I'm double ready for Thursday.

So, my goal is to do better today, and actually eat three meals. One down, two to go.

I also skipped doing any exercise in favor of working yesterday, so I plan to hop on the wiifit for about an hour or so throughout today.

mommy2fat
01-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Good morning! I did pretty well yesterday. I started a new job two weeks ago and I am still trying to get my lunches and snacks on track. The last place I worked we had a nice set up so I could just leave snacks in the frig and wouldnt have to bring them everyday. Not here, so I am trying to get used to bringing my food daily.

I have to leave work in a little while to travel 2.5 hours for training tomorrow. Not really excited since the roads are not in the best condition! I sure hope the hotel has an gym! I will feel really blah tomorrow if I cant exercise in the morning.

Have a great day!! I will try to check in tomorrow at some point!

dream710
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Hey Blue Team! First day was a success! This is the first time in awhile I've actually been under my goal calories! :carrot: We managed to get scooped out from our first major snow fall, and DD is back to school today, so our schedule is back on track. Well I'm off to get ready for work, lunch and snacks are packed so it should be another OP day!!

Everyone have a great day!

PageLynn
01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Hey everyone! Hope your days are all going well! Yesterday was my first day without nursing points (I'm on WW) and I did very well surprisingly. Only went over 2 points and I had 3 pieces of Veggie Pizza yesterday! I am waiting for my workout videos to get here so I can get started on working out. I am going to do Zumba and The Firm Hi-Def Sculpt. I may even throw in 30 Day shred somewhere lol. Ok off to tend to the baby and then head to school!

abetterme
01-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey everyone,
I have been doing well so far. I lost another lb this week, so Im happy about that. I have been doing well resisting desserts and bad food! And I am doing well on portion control. I don't really want to work out this morning, but I am going to just do it..lol
It was a tiring night with my 4 month old lol

PageLynn
01-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Kelsey21: I have a 3 month old. So I know about those tiring nights. Mine doesn't sleep but about 4 hours straight and then up every couple hours. So ready for him to sleep through the night. But then again I have a 3 year old too and he still doesn't sleep through the night.

abetterme
01-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Kelsey21: I have a 3 month old. So I know about those tiring nights. Mine doesn't sleep but about 4 hours straight and then up every couple hours. So ready for him to sleep through the night. But then again I have a 3 year old too and he still doesn't sleep through the night.

Congrats on your 3 month old! I can't wait for her to sleep through the night. It sounds like she does what your 3 month old does as far as the being asleep for four hours, and then up every couple hours.
It will get easier, I am sure! :)

vdander24
01-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey Blue Team! sounds like everyone is staying on track! I did well eating, but got caught up running errands, so I was active, but did not officially workout. I will be back at it bright and early in the morning.
My family is still fighting the flu/cold - so tomorrow I am making a homemade vegetable and chicken soup. It is pretty basic, so hopefully, I don't mess it up!

Mary: It is great! I have wanted to be a nurse for a very long time, and have just allowed life to get in the way. No more of that!

Kelsey and Pagelyn: I don't have kids, but I send all my good wishes your way! My nephew and niece live with me, and I get up with the younger one in the middle of the night, so he doesn't wet the bed!

EVERYONE! Congrats on your accomplishments! Whether it is tracking well for the day, staying on plan, losing weight or just staying committed to communicating here, I am really happy to be part of this team!

Songstress65
01-12-2011, 01:40 AM
It's great to see everyone posting and hear how things are going for everyone. I did great on tracking/calories/food today. I had a full day today and didn't get my "exercise" in. Tuesdays are always hard since I have a long day. I belong to a chorus so I was actively singing for over 2 hours... I like to count that :dancer:

maryshady
01-12-2011, 09:12 AM
I woke up to a 2 lb loss today! woohoo!!! Home on a snow day today. But have plenty to do in dh's office. Can get all the taxes for the end of the year done & won't have to do them this weekend.

have a great one!

Bobbolink
01-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Congrats Mary on the 2 pound loss! Anyone else showing a loss yet? (I'm down a couple myself)
I see most of you have lost weight before this challenge started. If Dr. Oz asked you in an interview what was your top 3 best tips in your weight loss journey, what would the top 3 be?
Mine are:
1. keep my fiber up to at least 40 grams per day
2. lots of water with that much fiber to keep things flushed out.
3. Don't have trigger foods in the house.

Purplefirefly
01-12-2011, 10:25 AM
I sure hope the hotel has an gym! I will feel really blah tomorrow if I cant exercise in the morning.

Does the hotel have a gym? Hope you got your exercise one way or another and feel good today.

I woke up to a 2 lb loss today! woohoo!!!

Great job! That is always a nice thing to wake up to.

I am glad to see so many people doing well and so many working out whether they want to or not. I am on track to meet my weekly goal but am really slacking on exercise. I need to step it up in that area.

Inferno
01-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone! I woke up to lots and lots of snow this morning! :shocksn:

I reaaaally just wanted to stay home and curl up on the couch today. However, after I got up I pulled out one of my workout dvds and did that before I went to work. That way, I don't have to trudge throught the snow to get to the gym today! I'm feeling much more motiviated to stick to my goals this time around. :carrot:

Lily In Bloom
01-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Bobbi: I think that's a great question. My number one fitness/weight loss tip would be one mistake does not ruin your plans. I try to always keep that in my mind, because as a grad student stress, lack of money, and shortage of time all combine in ways that sometimes have me eating one or two meals off plan. I just have to remember that those meals don't mean anything, and to get back on plan asap!

Yesterday went much better than Monday. As I expected, the scale showed a tiny gain (due to my not eating much at all on Monday I imagine), but I'm considering only Saturday's weight as 'real' in terms of tickers and weigh-ins. I'm still down 8lbs since the start of the year, and every time I want to go off plan I just remind myself of that, and keep on going.

reji
01-12-2011, 12:48 PM
My number one tip is to plan ahead. Plan your meals/calories before you eat them, and then it's easier to stick to just that portion. Plan your exercise--put it on the calendar just like you would a doctor's appointment or a kid's school event, and then do it!

Narnia99
01-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone :) It's wonderful to see that everyone is off to a great start! WTG everyone :carrot:
So far I been sticking to my plan which is - counting calories and exercising at least 5-6 days a week.

I see most of you have lost weight before this challenge started. If Dr. Oz asked you in an interview what was your top 3 best tips in your weight loss journey, what would the top 3 be?

Great question! I think my top 3 would be:

1. Eat a variety of healthy foods. In the past I have stuck to the same meals/snacks and I quickly became bored and started sneaking treats.
2. Get some type of exercise at least 5-6 days a week.
3. Be kind to yourself. I know I have a tendency to start off well, and then I let negative thoughts bring me down and I give-up. I find when I stay positive and don't expect perfection from myself, I am more likely to stay on track.

I am looking forward to reading everyone's answers.

Have a wonderful day :)

sandlll
01-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone! Today is a snow day! So, I am going to go outside with the kids and play a while (that will be my unofficial workout!) Then we will watch a movie, I plan on making popcorn which is a step better than cookies at least. Roast chicken and vegetables tonight (fennel is my new favorite roasted with the chicken!). Good luck to all today!

vdander24
01-12-2011, 02:15 PM
MaryShady - Congrats on your 2lbs! Keep up the good work!
Bobbi - Great question! and great tips!
Songstress! I love it! Choir practice can be rigorous!

I didn't work out yesterday officially, but at the end of the day, I played Wii Tennis for about an hour. NO, it is not the Wii fit, as I don't have it yet, but I have been feeling really tired with TTOM, this week, and I didn't want to go to bed without moving in some concentrated way. I have an errand to run today, and then I am going for a good run/walk and see how it goes!
Have a great Day!

gvntofly
01-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Hello Everyone! :D

I've finally got some time to post in chat! This is my first challenge!

My name is Allyson and I am 32. I have been married for almost 6 years (Jan 29) and I have 2 daughters. Both will have birthday's during this challenge. My oldest will turn 5 on Jan 27th and my youngest will turn 2 on Mar 21st. (Still wondering how I am going to handle the cake)

I made a lot of changes at the start of the new year! The biggest one was quitting smoking! I had my last cigarette on Jan 1st. I was finally (REALLY)ready this time!

Since I am a stay at home mom, I cook and prepare all the meals for the family. So I am able to control the health level. We will be eating mostly chicken and turkey. My husband and I love red meat but we have decided to limit it to once every month or two.

I myself drink a variety of meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch. One reason is because solid food for breakfast upsets my stomach. The second reason is, it's quick and easy.

My husband and I push each other on working out! I have pretty much made it a habit now! I started a 12 week fitness program on Jan 3rd! I have stuck to it faithfully and I am proud of that!

I will try to be around at least every couple of days!

vdander24
01-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Glad to have you here Allyson! Congrats on the smoking... that is a HUGE step!

I am heading out to do some exercise now, and then heading to study for a test tomorrow. My goal is to get to bed before midnight! Have a great night, everyone!

mumtoliam
01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Great question Bobbolink!!!

Great tips - Bobbi, LilyinBloom, Reji, and Narnia. I have to agree that planning is one of the best things for weightloss. Planning meals, when to fit in exercises.

Tip #2 Tracking to make sure you are on target, plus when things aren't going the way that you think they should be you can examine and make changes.

Tip #3 I have to agree with narnia and Lily, when you make a mistake and slip up which happens to us all, be kind to yourself - think about why it happened and get right back up there and start planning and tracking again for success. Having a group like this one will help you stay committed.

I am going to have my second personal training session tonight - I am soooo looking forward to it. Last session it started raining before we finished, so I am hoping for blue skies. We train in a local park, and my son can run around whilst I am working on my improving myself LOL

Catch you all later,

Bobbolink
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Where do I find the biggest losers sign to put on the bottom of my posts?

Blinded Grace
01-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi! ^_^ I am Rebeka I am 18 years old. This is my frist Challenge. Throughout highschool I have gained wieght, and my first semester i gain 3 inches and weight, so I am trying to counter act that ^_^ and lose weight, my boyfriend has recently understood that I am going to be losing wieght, and we have made a deal, so we are both happy, ^_^ so I have weight to lose ^_^!

Doragone
01-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Still doing well, lost about 2 1/2 pounds so far.:cp: Encouraging. As to tips I agree with keeping track, I've been using the calorie count website faithfully and it really keeps me aware of how far I've gone into my calorie allowance.:book2: Water would be the second most important and of course exercise.:running: Many, many books have been written on diets but those three things are basically the whole thing. Just like the Bible, no one wants to believe anything could be so simple. Truth is like that, oh yeah.:yes:

Keep up the good work Blue team!!!!

Welcome newbies too.:wel3fc:

Dora

Bigmid
01-13-2011, 02:03 AM
Hi everyone,
It sounds like everyone is doing awesome so far. I already had a cheat meal yesterday and it was only day 2. Still not in the swing of things again and not really sure why. I hope it comes soon

Bobbi I can't think right now how to get you to put the banner on. I did mine from my computer. I'll try to figure it out and let you know. For anyone else that took it from mine if you can explain how you did it that would be great too.

I will think about my weight loss tips and post them tomorrow when I'm not typing on this iphone keyboard. For sure though number 1 for me is having a cheat day every week. Helps me stick to it for the rest of the week and I still have a loss at the end (I weigh in the morning of cheat day) then I have the rest of the week to make up for it.

My Internet is still crazy at the house so sorry I didn't get on here yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing great welcome to more of our newcomers

Bigmid
01-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Congratulations to everyone with losses so far:)

Mercy03
01-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey Angela,Mary,Dora,Narnia99,Dream,Selina,NancyO and Babygrant,glad to see that you have all come back again.;)Hope I didn't miss anybody,loooooong thread lol)

I have been doing much better on my weight loss and exercising this week.My motivation has finally kicked in.:)

How is everyone else doing?

reji
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Let's see if this will appear correctly:

To get the image in your signature, go to User CP, edit signature, and then copy and paste this into your signature:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ forum/signaturepics/sigpic97781_7.gif

You'll need to remove the spaces after , before forum and before to get it to work.

Bobbolink
01-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks but it didn't work. I got a red X?

Narnia99
01-13-2011, 03:02 PM
I just put the banner in my signature by going to user CP, clicking on edit signature, and then clicking on the insert image, (it's the box that has a mountain and a sun in it), and then I typed in this: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic97781_7.gif

Hope this works for you!

Rebeka - welcome :)
Dora - 2.5 lbs is great :cp:
Mercy -that's great that your motivation kicked in. Good job with the exercise!
mumtoliam - glad you are enjoying your personal training sessions!
Jacky - I like your tip of having a cheat meal once a week, and weighing in on that day. I am going to try that.

I need to go study, so a big :wave: to everyone else. Keep up the great work!

Bobbolink
01-13-2011, 08:04 PM
I tried it 6 times Narnia, doesn't work. But then I can't post pictures on the attachments either. I've contacted 3fat chicks about this before and they can't seem to help me. Maybe I should check my firewall and see if that's the problem. Thanks anyway.

mumtoliam
01-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi all,

I had a great workout last night - definitely something I will enjoy!

I am now getting ready to pack to go away! I'm dreading going away! I have to pack my towels, sheets, food, cleaning stuff. I think I would rather stay at home! But when I get down to the south coast - it is relaxing. I can't wait to so some bush walks, and swim in the river and beach. I am thinking of all the activity I can do whilst away.

I am worried about eating on track. I will plan my breakfast and dinner options before I go, but I am going with my mother, sister and her partner and kids, and they do influence what we have as well. Plus going away is social.

I am taking my son to see a professional baseball game tonight. It is our first. Can't wait.

Then off we go tomorrow for a week.

Catch you all again at the end of next week,

vdander24
01-13-2011, 11:20 PM
So I thought it was TTOM (which it is) But what has made me so exhausted this week is that I have the flu! This stinks! I have been running on adrenaline for the past few days, apparently. Right after I took a test this morning which I have been stressed about, (and did well on) the adrenaline left, and my health has gone down the tubes! I did get to walk today, but it was only in the back alley for about 20 minutes while my niece and nephew ran around. At least that explains why I was so sluggish yesterday and sore today.

mumtoliam - Congrats on the great workout, and have a FANTASTIC trip! It sounds great
Bobbi and Bigmid - My banner didn't work either.. It said the image is a Gif, and maybe your computer only recognizes jpg's

reji
01-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks but it didn't work. I got a red X?

Did you take out all three spaces? I can't think of any reason why a firewall on your computer would stop you from having this 3FC image appear on a 3FC site.

reji
01-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Bobbi and Bigmid - My banner didn't work either.. It said the image is a Gif, and maybe your computer only recognizes jpg's

I got that error when I tried to add the picture in the "signature picture" area, but I didn't get it when I pasted that line (and removed the three spaces) in the "edit signature" section. Curioser and curioser....

Purplefirefly
01-14-2011, 10:35 AM
:wave: Hi! I have not disappeared and am still working to get the weight off...but there has been a lot of change in my life in the past week and I haven't felt up to checking in online. My daughter is in the gym more now that she is on a competitive T&T team and my son is starting karate, so I am busier in the evenings. and I am working longer hours since hubby has decided he no longer wants to be with us and is going back to NC. This is heartbreaking news for my kids, but I have finally admitted defeat....I cannot force him to grow up and stay here, be an adult. he wants to run back home to his mommy where he doesn't have the daily responsibility on his back...which dumps it all on me, but I already do everything anyway so it won't be too much different.

anyway, big changes. He has been back and forth, wanting us, not wanting us...this is it though. I will not do it again. I told him 9 months ago that this would be the last time I tried, and he just ruined that. I will never let him in again...so, we are working out a visitation schedule and I'll get it drawn up with a lawyer and that is how things will be here on out. Sad, but I can't make him do the right thing. one day he will grow up and regret this, but it will be too late.

Okay....that is where I have been :) but I weigh in tomorrow and it looks like I have lost about 5 pounds since my starting weight. Not bad for so much craziness in my life, right? I am proud of myself.

chiquita623
01-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi Blue Team. I haven't been on much this week. Been on vacation and busy, busy trying to get some stuff done. I go back to work on Tuesday so I should be able to hop on a little more often then. I posted a loss today so am hoping that continues. Other than that, not much is new with me.

Purple - Keep your chin up. Remember you are a strong, vibrant woman. Things may be tough at times but you will get through this. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Lily In Bloom
01-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Couple busy days at school, but I've managed to stay mostly on plan. I say mostly because I did have a decidedly non-South Beach friendly smoothie from Smoothie King as lunch yesterday. Still, as far as cheats go I feel like that one wasn't too bad, though maybe that's just rationalizing =)

The exercise front has been virtually non-existent... the starting of a new school semester has totally thrown my schedule off and I need to figure out where to work it in...

PageLynn
01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Purplefirefly: I am sorry. I feel for you. Both of my sons' fathers didn't stick around long. Both were too immature. Fun as one was 34 but he never grew up. And the younger son's dad is 24 and yeah he is a joke. He won't even agree to visitation schedule of any kind but it's my fault he isn't around because I won't let him be (or so he says). I have tried and tried to make them be involved in their sons' lives but no such luck. Sometimes men are just are that way unfortunately. Keep your head!

Lily In Bloom: I just started back to school too. Exercise is hard to fit in sometimes with school and 2 kids lol.

Narnia99
01-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Good morning blue team :)
So far this week is going well. Although my official weigh-in day isn't until Sunday, I had a peek this morning, and I am down 9 lbs from my starting weight. I am hoping that it is true.

Purple - I am sorry that your are going through so much right now :hug: You are strong and will get through this. 5 lbs is awesome, wtg!!

Vanessa - Have a wonderful trip.

vdander - :getwell:

Bobbi - Hopefully, someone can help you get the banner in your signature. I can't think of another way.

Laurie - Congratulations on your loss, wtg!

Have a great day everyone!

Bobbolink
01-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Early on in my marriage, DH was a jerk too. But after 7 years of marriage and a 'it's my way or the hy-way', he saw the light. We celebrated our 45 anniversary last September and he turned out to be a model husband after I showed him the way:rofl: Some husbands you can teach and others should be shown the door.
Purplefirefly...stick to your guns, you can make your home so much calmer with just the three of you and in the long run, it won't be so hard on your son and daughter.I will never let him in again...so, we are working out a visitation schedule and I'll get it drawn up with a lawyer and that is how things will be here on out.Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.
Pagelynn...same goes for you. You don't need to be mommie to grown adults. I'm guessing cooking is easier too since you don't have to cook unhealthy foods most men like. Both of my sons' fathers didn't stick around long. Both were too immature. Fun as one was 34 but he never grew up. And the younger son's dad is 24 and yeah he is a joke.
Narnia...I see others have had problems posting the blue banner too, not just me. Great job on the 9 pound loss!
reji...no, you only mentioned two spaces to take out, not 3? You want to give me the info again and tell me where the 3rd space is?
vdander...don't have a clue why this doesn't work, I'm not very savy in cp lingo.Bobbi and Bigmid - My banner didn't work either.. It said the image is a Gif, and maybe your computer only recognizes jpg's

Chiquita...what a cute screen name, I want to put fruit on my head and dance when I see you pop up. Congrats on your loss.
mumtoliam...will your family help support you in your menu choices? I hope so, that's half the battle of being on vacation. Nothing worse then one of them telling you, oh that little bit won't hurt you. I am worried about eating on track. I will plan my breakfast and dinner options before I go, but I am going with my mother, sister and her partner and kids, and they do influence what we have as well. Plus going away is social.
I have bills to pay so better get with it, have a great day everyone.

Bobbolink
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Pagelynn....I just posted my food on the menu thread and see you eat egg white/egg. Today at the chiropractors, I paged thru a light cooking food magazine and saw a small twist to a omelet. They added cream of tartar to it. The recipe was for two but I cut it in half since hubby won't be eating it.
Beat 2 egg whites with 2 Tablespoons water and 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar until stiff. In another bowl beat up 1 whole egg with 1/8 teaspoon salt, fold into whites and fry in butter (I'll use Pam spray) for 5 minutes only. Then transfer the pan to 350 degree oven and finish baking for 10-12 minutes. While that bakes, chop up green pepper, tomato, zucchini,onion and 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, brown on stovetop. Plate the omelet, top with the veggies and sprinkle 2 Tablespoons cheddar cheese on top. They showed a picture of the finished omelet and it was huge! Cream of tartar must work.

Purplefirefly
01-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Purple - Keep your chin up. Remember you are a strong, vibrant woman. Things may be tough at times but you will get through this. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Thanks! I really appreciate the prayers.

I say mostly because I did have a decidedly non-South Beach friendly smoothie from Smoothie King as lunch yesterday. Still, as far as cheats go I feel like that one wasn't too bad, though maybe that's just rationalizing =)

I think you have to be flexible so you don't feel deprived. You are moving in the right direction and got right back on plan, so I think you did great!

Purplefirefly: I am sorry. I feel for you. Both of my sons' fathers didn't stick around long. Both were too immature. Fun as one was 34 but he never grew up. And the younger son's dad is 24 and yeah he is a joke. He won't even agree to visitation schedule of any kind but it's my fault he isn't around because I won't let him be (or so he says). I have tried and tried to make them be involved in their sons' lives but no such luck. Sometimes men are just are that way unfortunately. Keep your head!

We are both 33 and I think he is never going to grow up. He is a BIG time mama's boy, she literally made all his decisions, did his laundry, cooked for him, and paid his bills for him before we met. I was in NC with him for a long time and there was major clashing between her and me...she hates every woman he has ever been with, me the most. I eventually left and came back to Ohio where all my family is. He said he wanted to come up here, he was going to change, he wanted to be the man and take care of his family, etc. Now here we are 9 months later and he is running back to mommy. He says he loves me but he just isn't "happy" in NC and he wants to just be happy.

He isn't happy because he has to be responsible here!!!! He is moving back in with his mom, stopping a trucking job to go back to Lowe's where he will make less than 1/4 what he makes now...and every time I bring up custody, visitation or child support he says he can't think about that now. right now he just has to take one day at a time. He only thinks of himself, so it is best he just goes.

he actually said today that may I could come "visit" with the kids since he loves me and still has "needs"....I'm like **** no,you are out of my life. You visit with the kids, not with ME. Only thinking of himself. f

This has almost driven me to a huge binge, but weigh in is tomorrow and I am not ruining it now :)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Early on in my marriage, DH was a jerk too. But after 7 years of marriage and a 'it's my way or the hy-way', he saw the light.

I am glad it works out for some, but it isn't going to with him. I have given him 12 years at this point and he will say he's changing, I'm right, he loves me, blah blah blah and within a year he goes right back to his crap. His thing is saying he isn't happy and he doesn't want to make us miserable too, so he needs to leave. As soon as I start to move on he comes running back, Mr. Charming, and it starts all over again. Not good for the kids and I will not do it again. I'm DONE :) so he will probably see the light with some other woman and she'll have a great man, but it isn't working with me for some reason.

Matilda08
01-14-2011, 05:40 PM
happy friday team and im sorry that I can chat as often as I like im a very busy person but I am here and I am down almost five lbs this week. Lets rock this challenge!

spryng
01-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say HEY! TGIF!!! my wi is tomorrow so I'm excited to post for our first week! :) Its been a great week OP both with eating and exercise, I just LOVE being part of this challenge :)

Bigmid
01-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi everyone,
Lot's of stuff going on here so Congrats on the losses, sorry to all those with family issues (but good for you for sticking to your guns) and Hello to all.

Well I was so tired yesterday after work I just watched a bit of TV then went to bed and to sleep right away so never got on here. Sorry about that. I think the cold and snow has me tired (-23 today, -30's with windchill) brrrrrrr.

The eating has been good and I am showing a loss for the week so that is also good news. My WI is Sunday morning so lets hope I can go down even more before then. Next week I will start back with the exercising. I might even ease into it this weekend as I am off work.

Well everyone have a great OP day and please don't forget to sign up in the Blue Team Weigh In thread as that's the only way I can track your weight. Please use the starting weight you signed up with.

Bigmid
01-14-2011, 07:38 PM
If you want the banner and can't get it to show PM me your email address and I'll send you the picture that may be easier to insert into the sig box.:)

PageLynn
01-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Bobbolink: that recipe sounds good. I eat 1 egg and 1 egg white to save points. as one egg is 2 points but 1 egg white is 0. So I feel like I am eating more than I reallt am lol.

Purplefirefly: Yeah I understand. My last son's father (24) has his parents paying most of his bills. He always used to pull that needs crap too whenever we split for a week or so (we had a horrible on again-off again relationship). Hasn't asked again since the last time I said NO. I figured he found a "buddy" by now. Oh well let him be her headache lol. He emailed me today wanting to see my youngest only (even though it's the 3 year old how he had calling him daddy who wants to see him; he is just too much of a coward to explain to him why he isn't around/wanting to play his dad anymore) but has already came up with an excuse why it suddenly won't work now. Ugh men! I have decided to not date anymore til I'm happy with me. Because honestly how can I ask someone to be happy with me when I'm not happy with me? Plus I need time to heal after all the headache/heartache.

mommy2fat
01-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Good evening ladies. Sorry I havent posted much this week. I went out of town for two days and of course the hotel didnt have a gym. I havent even exercised since I got home. I have to work all weekend but I am going to make it priority to exercise both days!!

Since starting my new job I cant use the computer as much as before but I will make it a point to post more! It does keep me on track the more I post and see how everyone is doing.

I am looking forward to see how we all did this week. I know I could have done better!

Have a great weekend!

reji
01-15-2011, 12:52 AM
Bobbi,

reji...no, you only mentioned two spaces to take out, not 3? You want to give me the info again and tell me where the 3rd space is?

To get the image in your signature, go to User CP, edit signature, and then copy and paste this into your signature:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ forum/signaturepics/sigpic97781_7.gif

You'll need to remove the space after , and also before forum and also before to get it to work.

I hope that's clearer. I really want it to work for you.

This has almost driven me to a huge binge, but weigh in is tomorrow and I am not ruining it now :)

Purplefirefly, that's fabulous! I'm so proud of you.

Bobbolink
01-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Hep, hep, Hurray! Thanks Reji:hug:

Bobbolink
01-15-2011, 10:47 AM
I'd like to congratulate 4 of the Blue team gals that post here and already entered their weights for the week. I realize some of you will post tomorrow.
Vanessa...(mumtolian) on losing 1.9 pounds.
Laurie...(Chiquita) down 3.5
Reji... down 5.4
And ladies the biggest loser so far, Lily down 10 lbs. WOW, can I come over to your house and eat next week?

TooManyDimples
01-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Hey ladies. I can't believe it, but right off the bat I'm having to use one of my freebies. Sorry if it's TMI, but my TOM showed up Thursday and it's been bad. I usually weighin on Fridays, when I checked the scale yesterday is was not so good so I thought I'd try again today, but I think I'm even more bloated then I was yesterday. =( I don't want to have a big old plus the first week so I'm just going to take a freebie and all this water retention should be gone by next weighin. I hope everyone else has a great weighin for this week!.. =/

Lily In Bloom
01-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Haha, thanks Bobbi! It's a combo of the first week being more like two weeks (from entering the starting weight til now), and that being the first two weeks of South Beach, I'm sure! Still, it was nice to enter a nice drop in the weigh-in thread =D

I will say tho, that I have been cooking almost entirely recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen blog, and they are all super great. And while my grocery bills have been way higher than normal, I think I'm still saving money b/c I haven't eaten out once, apart from my smoothie.

Work to do today- reading and writing, so I'd best be a responsible adult and get on that >.< I'm hoping to convince my roommate to play racquetball with me later today, which would be way more fun than a stroll around the block. Plus, I'm better than he is, and winning is always nice!

chiquita623
01-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Congrats to all that have posted a loss. You rock!!!!!!!

Not much new with me today. We're going to remodel the kitchen so am going to go look at countertops, cabinets and flooring to try to get an idea as to what I like and how much it will cost!!! It will probably scare me!!

I'll try to check in later. Make it a great day and be good to yourselves!!!

gvntofly
01-15-2011, 12:59 PM
:congrat: to all those that have had a great weigh-in!

Hope to see more tomorrow!

It seems we are having a great start to the challenge. :bravo:

vdander24
01-16-2011, 03:25 AM
Congrats to everyone heading down on the scale! That is terrific!! I am still battling the flu, and really thought I was going to need that freebie, but it turns out that I have lost 2lbs. It is NOT great, but I am good, considering I have pretty much been a zombie since Thursday night. I will update tomorrow morning if anything moves, but for now, I am sticking with 260.

Doragone
01-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Today is a very difficult day for me - Seth's birthday :cry:, but I am pleased I am not "stuffing" my emotions with food, but rather trusting in the Lord for strength.:flow2: Looks like I will be close to 5# down this week and it hasn't been too difficult. But, I have to watch it when I think its getting easier, that's just when I stumble. :nono: But being here with my blue team will keep me strong. :cheer3:

Congratulations to all the really big losers - way to go, outa-sight, cool, groovy, whoot!!!! :congrat:

Here's to a great first week weigh-in. Go Blue!!!!:cheers:

Dora

CourtneyDaisey
01-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Doragone - :hug: I know today's going to be a tough one for you hon. We're all here for you though!

Congrats to all of the Blue Team members who have posted their losses so far! Great job!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

drinkypants
01-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Congrats to everyone who posted!! Even if you gained some this week or are having a difficult week in general, I feel it is awesome you are not giving up!

TooManyDimples
01-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm feeling pretty crummy about this water retention, but this morning I am actually back down a little and the gain at this point is about 1.5lbs. I decided to just post it and save my freebie. =( It's depressing seeing my weight up when I had a good week. Of course I know why it's up, and I know it will go right back down, but I'm still pretty grumpy about it.

I was just looking through the weighins and everyone is doing great. Congratulations to you all!

dream710
01-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Morning team! The week started out good, but didn't end so great. Guess its a work in progress. I did good on exercising, i took a day of rest Friday and the plan was to workout yesterday. We celebrated my DS's 2nd birthday, I ended up having so much to do, that it didn't happen. I cooked a nice meal (which wasn't healthy) and had cake and icecream. I did manage to still have a nice weightloss for the week, and my goal is to do better on staying on plan this week.

Dora-:hug: We are here for you. Congrats on your 5lb loss.

vdander-hope you get to feeling better soon

Lily-great job on your weightloss.

dream710
01-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Toomany-well it maybe a gain this week, but when TOM is gone and the water retention subsides, all your hardwork will show! :hug:

PageLynn
01-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Congrats to everyone who lost!
Me on the other hand took a Freebie! I have the flu plus added in exercise plus dropped nursing points and somehow I still gained back to 200! YUCK!
On top of all that I am having to deal with ex and I am just down! I hate how he can make me down in one day but it doesn't affect him at all it seems. :(

Cape Breton Chick
01-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey everyone... hope everyone had a great week.. I have not as yet been able to truly start as with work being as crazy as it has been, having a hard time finding relief staff and my regular staff all being sick.. and of course the list goes on..lol it has been that way since before Christmas and I am exhausted..lol but I feel as though I am finally getting organized, at least on the home front enough to prepare meals in advance and meal plans as well and hopefully get my exercise started. I have posted a gain of 4.6pnds this week.. I am so sorry ladies.. I know it was not all gained in a week.. its been since i originally signed up and posted my weight but still.. a gain is a gain and hopefully I will be only going down from here on out... :grouphug: I hope everyone has a great week ahead!

Doragone
01-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Well for some reason the scale went back up a bit, but I still had a loss, just not as big. I'm leaving my ticker where it is though, I will make that loss back. I've been POP but no exercise, so maybe that's it. Good luck ladies and thanks for your support for my weary day.

Dora

Bigmid
01-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Morning everyone,
Just a reminder that it is WI for tonight and you have to have your weigh posted by 10pm AST. If you post after that time I will have to change your WI to a freebie. This is not to be mean but to be fair to everyone else on the team who did WI on time. Also so that the leaders are not up til 2am calculating the totals:)

Also if you didn't know there is a sticky thread on the top of the BL challange that has the 2011 NYNY Blue team WI thread. You must sign up and put your starting weight there (as well copy and paste the weeks into your post)
we only have 43 people there so far out of 60. If you post you weight in the sigh up thread it will not be counted. I do not look there for weights anymore it is all sorted by team now. Please if you posted in the wrong spot go in and add your name and weight to the Blue team WI thread. I would hate for anyone to miss this because they posted in the wrong spot.

It was a pretty good week, I had my eating in check I just need to start with the exercising again. That is the job for the coming week. I spent the whole day doing nothing but watching TV yesterday. It was awesome:)

Well off to make all my lists for the WI tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

Bigmid
01-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Okay 1 sheet done and had to edit 4 starting weights......you have to use the one you signed up with not what you weighed when we started. For those who have not signed up in the weigh in thread please use that weight.

List of missing team members from WI thread (just so you don't miss out)
Sameen
Muffentop
gliterlicious
fattofab
NewYear2011
kimberlyP
RoseofPain
BacOs
ViolinJenn
justjen
loseforb
dml1216
nursemom
tryn2fit
JackieHollow
Shakeitloose
JudyLynn

You have until 10pm AST to post or you will all have your first freebie

Bigmid
01-16-2011, 02:57 PM
1 more reminder even if you post the greatest loss if you did not post in the chat thread you can't be the Biggest Loser.

Everyone keep on chatting

abetterme
01-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey everyone. This week has been good and bad. I worked out the first three days but the second half of the week my family and I caught a stomach bug. Also I slipped down a step and sprained my foot a little, but it's feeling better. My stomach is a little tender still and I am still not up to working out just yet, but I lost four lbs this week. Probably a combo of working out and getting sick.
Good job on your weigh-in, everyone!
Hope you have a great day!

NancyO
01-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey Everyone,

I had a pretty good week, lost a pound even though it's my TOM, so hopefully next week will be even better! I'm slowly easing back into excersising, 3 days this week and I'm about to work out again in a few minutes! Now to just stop snacking! Hope everyone's having a great day!

Muffentop
01-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Hello Blue Team... Congrats to all who posted a loss, unfortunately I can't say the same. Had a big gain this week - and next week I'll be on vacation, so I've got my fingers crossed that I won't have to post a gain next week too. I'll try to squeeze in a few days at the gym while I'm away.

Have a great week everyone.

maryshady
01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Looks like most of us had a really good week. For those that didn't, today is a new day!! :)

Had a really good week. Only 2.2 lbs from being in the 150's which I haven't seen in some 21 years.

Have a great week.

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 08:20 PM
:cheer3:GOOD LUCK BLUE TEAM!!!:cheer3:

Bigmid
01-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi just to let you know you have 20min left to WI