Old 01-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #1  

Default I Need Help

I have done WW in the past and was very successful (lost 100 lbs)... but was unsuccessful at maintaining that loss and 40 pounds found their way beck to me. Anyway, I am back on plan and have been following the points plus program since it started. I lost about 5 lbs right off the bat, but this week i GAINED 2.5!! GAINED TWO POINT FRICKEN FIVE! I WI on Saturdays and today was my first meeting since before xmas.. so it's been about 3 weeks. I've been following the plan, staying within my points and exercising. WHAT?? Why?!? I did WW for a very long time before so surely this happened to me before, but I'm having a mental block and can't remember. I need some reassurance that this is normal. I couldn't even stay for the meeting I was so p*ssed. Grrrrr!
Rosieroser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there. This past week was a stressful one for me, and I was out of town as well. Way over on points. I'm just going to keep plugging away.

Is it about time for TOM? Are you eating a lot of processed foods?
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

When you say you have been following the plan.... Have you been weighing and measuring your food? Are you getting in all of the good health guidelines? Also, how much fruit have you been eating? The big topic of discussion at most meetings is the zero points for fruit. Some people have been going overboard on eating fruit because they are "free". They ARE, but in reason. (For example, I try to not eat more than three servings of fruit a day.)

Your gain could also be if you ate something high in sodium the day/night before your weigh-in, heavier clothes, etc.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #4  

I thought of a few other things.

As already mentioned, it could also just be hormones working too. I had a gain of 1.6 pounds this week. It was my first weigh-in since 12/22. I was actually RELIEVED because this included Christmas at my in-laws for a week, being snowed in at home for four days due to two winter storms, AND just getting over my period. (Seriously, I let out a "woo-hoo".) It could have been SO much worse... like 8 pounds or something. I kind of had Weight Watchers Amnesia for those two weeks.

My suggestion is to keep following the plan, making sure to track everything. Bring your journal with you to your next weigh-in. If you have another gain, stay after the meeting and have your leader take a look at your journal. It could be that the points tracked incorrectly, etc.

You've been SO successful.. and you obviously know how to work the previous plan. While I think the new plan is so much healthier, there's certainly a learning curve involved.

Kimberly
Old 01-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I know exactly how you feel, 2 weeks ago I had almost a 2lb gain and was frustrated because I couldn't figure out why!

There are a number of reasons we gain in such a short period of time and sodium is usually the culprit, the other is TOM. Try drinking lots of water, that may be the issue and hopefully you'll see a nice loss at your next weigh in =D
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #6  

Height: 5ft3

I have not lost an ounce on this plan - in fact I have gained, yet I have stuck within the daily points , recorded all I eat, eaten healthy and exercised for an average of one hour per day The only possible thing that I can be doing wrong is too much fruit - but why the **** do they say that food is free - when ithat is not totally true? It is a nice diet but the results appear to be non existent - another week and if there is no loss I am pulling out
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #7  

I think that the fruit is free as long as you aren't eating too much. I think the Good Health Guidelines are for five servings of fruit and vegetables. So this might mean three servings of fruit and two servings of vegetables.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #8  

OK, I decided to just stick with it and I have been tracking like crazy. I've eaten all my daily points and used a few weekly points.... so we'll see this saturday if this works out for me!
I don't think it was the fruits and veggies... I don't go over 5 servings a day.
Rosieroser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

Sodium is often a big culprit (I think that was my issue last week. I counted calories so I know I was fine on food but had no loss).

Weigh in at the same time, same clothes. I even usually weigh at the same scale. Last week there was a long line for the scale I like and they told me all the scales weigh the same ...but I didn't show a loss when I had had a good week.

Are you counting/eating activity points? If you do then be very conservative on how you count them.

For me, I can't eat very many weekly points or I don't lose.

Jalsa - They don't say fruit is free. They say that in reasonable portions eaten to satisfaction it is zero points.

But, like anything else, you have to be reasonable. If you eat 10 bananas in a day on top of all your daily points then you just might gain weight or not lose. But, that is not reasonable, to satisfaction, eating.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote