Old 01-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #1  
The Awesomest

S/C/G: 320/275/180

Height: 5'8

Default Anyone else between sizes?

I have lost 30 lbs and I am kinda between sizes. My shirts are either too tight still, or the bigger ones look like tents on me. My jeans are baggy in the butt and thighs, but my waist is taking forever to shrink, so I can't go down a size in pants yet. My clothes are fitting so weird and it's annoying. If my waist would just catch up a little, it would help a LOT.

Anyone else?
lifeasme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

I'm having a tough time too. I can pull my shorts off without unbuttoning them and my jeans fit totally weird. I've come to the conclusion for shirts that I have to pin them in the back with a little gathering just to make them look half way decent.

I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one who's waist is taking forever to lose. I thought I was just odd or something. I'm glad it isn't just me. I was told the other day it's time to try a new style jeans and that should help.
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

I feel like I'm in between sizes no matter what my weight! Sizes are so variable. I bet if you look in stores, you'd find clothing that fits. Even when the size 18 clothing that I already own didn't fit, I found some 18's in stores that fit better than the loose 20's. Besides, wearing loss fitting clothing just shows others that you really are losing! COngrats on the loss!!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #4  
In the desert...

Yep, same here. My tops are OK, but the pants are a nightmare. I can't fit into my work pants that fit just fine pre-holidays, but the next size up is saggy on the butt and in the crotch - truly ugly. So I either need to gain weight so they fit, or lose it so my existing ones fit again! I'll go for the second option (probably wise considering the board I'm posting on!).
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Oh, yeah. I hate being between sizes. My thighs seem to lose faster than my belly, so the thighs in my pants/jeans get reallly, really, *really* baggy and it's still fitting fine in the belly. If I try the next size down, I can barely get the pants zipped but they fit my thighs perfectly. HATE.

I've found that Levi's run a little bigger, so when everything is starting to fit loose, I go get Levi's in the next size down and they fit well.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

I have the hardest time with pants (and I think I always will). Right now I have size 16 thighs and a size 12 waist, so I usually end up in 14's even though they are more snug than I would like in the legs. It's really frustrating!
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #7  
The Awesomest

S/C/G: 320/275/180

Height: 5'8

I can take my pants off without unbuttoning them because my belly is so much bigger than everything else...if I can get it over my belly, it just falls off the rest of me. This means my pants are always falling down, but the next size down is too small and I can't even get them zipped. I am using a belt to help with this, but that doesn't help the baggy in the butt and thighs problem.

I"ve also looked at some shirts in the next size down and they're still too small, too. So I have a a few shirts that fit nicely, a few that are too big, and a few that are too small....I guess I'm doomed to that for a while now
lifeasme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasme View Post
I can take my pants off without unbuttoning them because my belly is so much bigger than everything else...if I can get it over my belly, it just falls off the rest of me. This means my pants are always falling down, but the next size down is too small and I can't even get them zipped. I am using a belt to help with this, but that doesn't help the baggy in the butt and thighs problem.

I"ve also looked at some shirts in the next size down and they're still too small, too. So I have a a few shirts that fit nicely, a few that are too big, and a few that are too small....I guess I'm doomed to that for a while now
What she said. I've been pretty much like that for a year now at any size. I hope it all evens out eventually. I wonder if age makes a difference.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #9  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Congrats on your loss so far!!

I'm in the same place in-between sizes. I just had a very frustrating shopping trip trying to find some pants that fit me properly (it doesn't help things that I have a thick waist and smaller butt/thighs). Then I thought I'd just get a new belt to extend the life of my current jeans, which are alright but starting to slide down a lot. Of course, I'm between notches on the belt too!

For all of us in this annoying place - just think of how satisfying it'll be when those smaller and smaller sizes start fitting!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Yup, I'm finding it ridiculous. I'm talking in NZ sizes, so subtract 2 sizes I guess, like a 12 is a US 10 (I think).

On top, I'm anywhere from an NZ 10-14. Usually a 12, but sometimes they don't have enough room for my boobs.

On the bottom, I'm still wearing NZ 16s and some 14s, but the 14s, while fitting around my waist (where I wear pants/skirts) are still a bit tight in the thighs.

All of this is basically why I'm living in dresses at the moment. I'm glad it is summer here at the moment, but I know I do it in winter too, just with tights. I am mostly a 12 in dresses, depending on the shape. If they're too fitted in the belly region, I probably need a 14. I also have 2 dresses that are a size 8 (which is like a US 6) - however in saying that, our sizes here mostly only go down to an 8, sometimes a 6, which is about a US 4 I think...and you can't really get smaller than that.

I would love to be the same size all over, but I doubt that will ever happen.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #11  

I didnt wear jeans for like at least 3 years because I couldnt fit into the ones I had, and refused to buy them bigger. After losing the first 40 I could fit into them again but they were skin tight. I also had a well hidden muffin top lol. Now I've lost a total of 58 pounds and they are loose all over and no more muffin top. I cant wait to go to try on a smaller size. I just bought a pair of new jeans in December but they are already too big on me. I'm most likely in between sizes so I'm a little nervous about trying and getting discouraged if they cant zip or get above my butt. I wish I had a smaller size in the house to see but I dont.

Last edited by GypsyQueen; 01-08-2011 at 06:06 PM.
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/160

Sizes are difficult in general. I'm between a size 10 and 12 at the moment. I can get into some size 10 but they are not that comfortable yet. Some size 12 jeans are too big in the waist so I resort to using belts. I don't want to buy too many clothes now anyways because I am still losing. It's frustrating for sure.
Kristi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/159/120

Height: 5"6 (168cm)

* totally *

I m between 8 and 10. the 10 are too big while 8 are WAY too small. Ive actually been between 8 and 10 for 20lb now.. and it's kind of disappointing that I still haven't officially reached 8..
Ivonnely is offline   Reply With Quote