South Beach Diet - SBD Weekend Daily Chat for Jan 8 & Jan 9

Natasha1534
01-08-2011, 01:55 AM
Good morning, fellow beachers!!! Things are starting to calm down around my house now that we had my brother's phone number changed. Hopefully we will be able to get the divorce papers filed and served next week when I have more time off. I have a degree in Legal Assistant Studies, so I'm going to draw the papers up myself and file them for him. I'll have my friend Donald's brother, who is a lawyer, go over them before I submit them since it HAS been over 10 years since I got my degree, LOL

So my addiction this week has become COFFEE...yum!!! I found some Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice coffee at Target and it is my current obsession. I'm sticking to 2 cups per day, though, b/c as they say "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!!!" Okay, so I'm far from skinny...but I'm working at getting there.

I was pleasantly surprised at home many of you were familiar w/ geocaching. Almost every time I mention it I get maybe 1 or 2 people who are vaguely familiar and everybody else says "what's geocaching???" LOL

annieoh - The best way I can explain it is that it's a treasure hunt using your GPS. Basically millions of people hide containers w/ small trinkets and a visitor's log inside it and post the GPS coordinates online so that others can find it using their GPS. The containers can be hidden anywhere as long as you have permission from the landowner. There are containers as small as the tip of your pinky and I've actually been to one that was large enough for 4 people to stand inside of it. I have found geocaches hidden inside hollowed out pine cones, inside a screw w/ a magnetic back that was stuck on a guard rail, inside a birdhouse, and just yesterday we had to climb a tree to get to a cache!!! There's even one here that you have to access by boat. I haven't gotten to that one yet, LOL

Wow, this is a long post. I hope everybody is having a great weekend. Pull up a mug of pumpkin spice coffee w/ me and tell me about your weekend.

Natasha1534
01-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Oh, and someone had asked me to post pictures of the pillows I was making for Christmas...so here's my fat princess, Shadow, w/ her peanut butter bone and Georgia Bulldogs pillow that Santa Claus brought her. :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs907.snc4/72011_10150110137310306_700635305_8069917_4299326_ n.jpg

LADY WINDSONG
01-08-2011, 05:46 AM
I am sick. :mouse:

litar
01-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Good morning! Well as I reflect on my last few days on Phase 1, I am very pleased with the choices I have made. Cravings are at bay and after weighing earlier in the week I am 3 pounds down. My actual weigh in day is Monday so I am hoping the first week actual weigh in will be a little better than that...I have not got the exercise in everyday like I wanted but I will do better with that next week. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Natasha- I can relate to the coffee thing, I love flavored coffees like that but try to limit it to 2 cups a day. I bought some chai tea that has similar pumpkin spice flavors and it is really good with a little splenda! I love the pillow!!! Geo-caching also sounds really fun! Have a great weekend!

Windsong- Feel better, I am so sorry you are sick!

annieoh
01-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Natasha: My husband and I have wanted to try geocaching for a while now. Maybe when the snowy season has passed!

Windsong: Sorry you aren't feeling well. Take care!

Litar: congrats on the pre-weigh-in loss!

This weekend I have to work, but mostly at home. I'm also hanging posters on the wall of our theatre room for my husband. :)

Oh, and weighing in at 34 pounds lost. ;)

litar
01-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Annie...wow 34 lbs that is awesome!

cottagebythesea
01-08-2011, 07:15 AM
It's going to be a Snowy Saturday at my house today. So much for global warming - it seems each winter is colder and snowier than the year before. :dizzy:

Natasha, I'm glad things are calming down since the phone number change. I love the pillow, and they'd make a fun activity for my granddaughters. Enjoy your coffee, I'd have a hard time keeping it to only 2 cups a day, though!

Windsong, feel better soon!

I got a lot accomplished yesterday. We finally got the tree taken down and put away, and the house got a thorough cleaning. I'm still on my purging and simplifying rampage, and we finally got rid of my old desktop computer that's been giving me a lot of grief. We took it to Best Buys to be recycled, and I bought myself a brand new laptop with part of my Christmas bonus. :D
Since I got so much done yesterday, I won't feel guilty about goofing off all day today. If the roads aren't too bad, I may tag along to my parents' with Jake while he puts the final coat of paint on their bathroom. Other than that, I may get more purging done. I have a cupboard full of old cookbooks that I haven't used in years, but am having a hard time parting with. I wish I could find a good home for them, but no one wants them.

How's everyone's Saturday shaping up? :cofdate:

ETA -

Annie - WOW! 34 lbs. lost so far, CONGRATULATIONS!

Good morning, litar!

Mmckellen
01-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Cottage, I am the queen of purge. Do you know about the Flylady? Google her. She's amazing.

Made it through last night on plan, on points, and no wine. Yahoo! In about 15 minutes I'm going out for a long walk, then to the Y for weight lifting. Some grocery shopping, then home to dye my hair, then PT. I'll spend the afternoon with my son, and then the whole family (all three of us) are going to snuggle down and watch "The Phantom Menace". My son has recently gotten into Star Wars, and I don't know that I ever saw this particular episode. I'm really not a sci fi/fantasy person, but I'll give it a chance.

Tomorrow we are going to a new church for Sunday School and services. Long story, but I'm looking forward to it. A bit afraid of making a commitment which I need to explore further. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Ruthxxx
01-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Just a quick :wave: this morning as I need to leap into my day. Yesterday was a disaster through no fault of mine and today MUST be better!

Happy weekend, everyone.

CyndiM
01-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Good morning :coffee2: It's white and fluffy outside and warm and comfy inside. I think I will admire the snow from here until it's done. No hurry to shovel.

Natasha - I am a coffee fiend. I won't tell you how much I drink but 2 cups would never do it. I'm still very fond of a dark chocolate coffee I found. Sometimes I add a packet of erythritol to make it seem more like a treat.
I've been fascinated by geocaching and am tempted to buy a GPS. Maybe next summer. Glad things are progressing for your brother.

Lady - Hope you're getting rest and fluids and are back on your feet in no time.

Lisa - Great week, Sometimes the losses are smaller with repeat Phase 1s but sounds like you're doing great.

Annie - wow! congratulations!

Cottage - I purged cookbooks a few years ago and have stuck with it. I still have a 2 shelf bookcase but I had significantly more. I only keep vegetarian cookbooks I really like. Most of my recipe searches are on the internet now.
Have a relaxing day, maybe with a cup of tea and a good book :)

Mathilda - I used my last points of the week for my glass of wine. Sounds like you have a full but very pleasant weekend planned

Ruth - here's to a much better day!

It's so nice to have time to do personals. I'm not going to bore you all with details after so many of you lived through the job switch angst of the summer, but I did realize over the time off that I just don't want a 60 hour a week job anymore. 20 years ago I was fiery and ambitious and it would have been great. Now I like my normal routine life. I miss eating leftovers for lunch, having time to exercise, and spur of the moment birding trips. So I'm job hunting and looking for just about anything that is 40 hrs/wk and tolerable. It would be easier if DW had found full time work but it's necessary so we will figure it out. It's funny how priorities change as we get older.

Okay, off to make my weekend To Do list which will include lots of cooking, cleaning and some exercise. Oh and time to weigh too. I hope that stupid cow moves right.

Lexxiss
01-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

I've been up since the wee hours but wasn't very chatty. Now the gang is all up and we're starting our day. I did get my kitchen all scrubbed because we're having a jelly making extravaganza after we go to breakfast with my Mom and her group. She loves her chokecherry jelly but isn't up to making it on her own. We'll load her up with about 75 jars this morning. Her friend is coming over to observe so we cleaned house yesterday. :cp:

Natasha, love the pillow! (and Shadow is so cute!)

LadyWindsong, :hug: Get well soon!

Lisa(litar), great news that your cravings are gone!

Annie, congrats! on steady weightloss!

Linda(cottagebythesea), what a bonus! A new laptop and a goof off day!

Matilda(Mmckellen), :dancer: for not having wine last night, since you didn't want to!

Ruth, :hug: Hope today is better!

Cyndi, I'm glad you can start looking for a new job while having the security of this one. :crossed:

shelflife
01-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Morning ladies!

Today should have been productive, but I'm feeling pretty bulldozed by my cold. On top of that, I started getting low back pain last night, worse when I extend the lumbar region. A consequence of a strange move at the gym perhaps? In any case, hopefully today is the worst of it.

Official weigh-in for the week is 174.5! A 4.5lb loss from the first day of phase 1 a week ago! Hoping at least 1.5lbs of it is nasty, evil, ugly fat! :lol:

Natasha-- that coffee sounds amazing. I recently got a holiday pack of cups for my Keurig but haven't found a winner yet.

:getwell: Lady Windsong

litar - 3lbs is great for this point... stick to it and it will only improve, right?

cottage - good for finally getting the tree down. I really, really sick of looking at mine, and the plan was to get rid of it today. With my back pain, though, I think it won't happen.

mmckellan - how many days are you doing phase 1? It sounded like you were planning to do it until the 31st. I've considered extending it a bit, because the rapid loss is so nice, but I'm worried about altering my metabolism. any thoughts?

Ruth -- today will be better! Take care!!

Cindy - I've never really understood how people tolerate work over 60+/week. I often have to work those kind of hours (i'm finishing up med school) and occasionally I'll be working with someone who, at the end of the loooong day, still wants to stick around. Even if I love the work, I also love my activities outside of work. It's all about balance I guess!

Mmckellen
01-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi Shelflife,
I'm only doing Phase 1 for 2 weeks, but I'm strictly counting points for 31 days. I'll need the points guidance as I transition into Phase 2. That was a real problem for me last time. The points should help with portions and judging impact. I'll keep you posted.

AmyKitKat
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Is it really already the afternoon???!!

So....made it through lunch yesterday even though they were OUT of what I had planned on ordering. Thankfully their minestrone soup had NO noodles and I ate around the potato. I even managed to not eat the three pieces of crusty bread that the waitress put down on an individual plate in front of me. :D

I made some homemade crackers last night (I think they were from this forum) and they were pretty good! I managed not to cave to cravings last night and am actually feeling pretty normal for the first time since starting the diet.

Scale didn't move yesterday either, but I'm feeling better about it; I'm remembering (belatedly) that the last time I did this I only lost about 5 pounds, but lost about 3 inches from my waist. I'm hoping that once Phase I is over I'll have the energy to add exercise back into my life and the scale might budge a bit.

Mmckellen: YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! You have amazing willpower and awesome planning skills.

cottagebythesea: I have the exact same issue with old cookbooks/old food magazines. I finally boxed mine up and put them in the basement - I'm still not to the point where I can throw them out :p

annieoh: :hug: That's amazing!!!! Good work!

litar and CyndiM: I'm a coffee fiend as well. I manage to bypass the flavored coffees, but I probably drink a pot and a half a day of the regular stuff ;)

LADY WINDSONG: Feel better soon...we have sinus infections going around in my house

Have a great rest of the day everyone!!!!

tanner'smom
01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Hello,

Did you know that Girl Scount cookies went on sale yesterday? I was hit up three times.

Yesterday's after school fun went well. I wasn't even tempted to go off plan.

Right now I am sitting at my son's practice. I am so glad the theater has wi-fi. Today is his first performance of "Jack and the Giant".

Today is my last day on phase 1. I am a little nervous about adding the fruit and carb.

Have a good day!!

BellaLucia
01-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm holding steady on the weight loss, good, bad is I'm not losing, lol.

sarahsk
01-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Good afternoon ladies!

Just checking in, about to head outside to enjoy a pretty south Texas day (it is about 60 degrees and sunny) and then head over to Target to buy some new workout clothes, my reward for losing the first 5 pounds.

Have a wonderful weekend!

TallandThin
01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Howdy friends :wave:

Nat, glad you are knowledgeable enough to be able to help your bro.

Lady, sorry you are under the weather.

Annie, congrats on your 34 lbs! Way to go!

Cottage, a new laptop. Good for you.

Mm, good for you for staying on plan.

Cyndi, I think you are making the right decision and good luck in your hunt.

Well, here it is the middle of the afternoon before I get a chance to post. I was going to get on here first thing this morning but knew I had to make my walk my number one priority or it wouldn't get done. After that, life just started getting in the way. But at least I'm here now. We are fogged in today and it feels so cold. It was so quiet this morning while I was walking, no bird noises nor any geese honking. About all I heard thru the fog was the tinkling of the water running in the ditch beside the road. Thank goodness for the woodstove. Love the glass door so I can see the fire inside.

Our frenchie, Mr. Big is feeling much better. You know I had taken him to have his nails clipped the morning that he started yelping and he hates it and goes into what they call the "bulldog red zone" so perhaps he may have just pulled or strained his back or neck. Sure hope that was all it was and he continues to improve.

Well, time to get busy again. Hope you all have a great on plan day (or whats left of it) and I'll "see" you later.

Fluffymamma
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi friends. day 3 of phase 1 for the second time. we are expecting a larger ice/snow storm so I headed to the store and bought A LOT of groceries for my family (im working the next 2 nights but I loaded up on phase 1 foods).

Hoping to chat more this time around as I found it very motivating. Im in the Atlana area and am ready to get rid of this fAT

LADY WINDSONG
01-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Good morning lovely, supportived chickies,

Thank you SO much for the get well wishes. Between the tooth (allergic to shots) and the illness I was a mess! Didn't get to eat much (I am sure you know why) but did have a small amount of turkey and kept it down. Slept a lot and feel much improved today. Cheek is still a little swollen and have pressure.
On to recovery.

I weigh in tomorrow as well as dh, Lou. Who knows IF he stayed OP yesterday. I will NOT harp at him.

Natasha~ I am not a coffee drinker but I do love the smell of brewing coffee. I am under a blanky and using a pillow made the way you did and they are wonderful. I am assuming the pillow is your dogs?

Lisa~ we have the same weigh in day. Here's to goo numbers. You are doing really well. Keep it up.

Annie ~ congratulations!

Cottage....I LOVE cookbooks. I go to our thrift store and pay a couple of dollars and come home and devour them. My gf dh loves them so when I have taken out the pages I want I give them to him.

Matilda~ woo hoo!

Ruth~ here's to a great day

Cyndi~ good luck and get just the right one

Lex~ jelly making I did that once and made pickles from cuc's. Love that you are doing this with and for your mom

Shelflife~ great loss. Evil, evil, evil at least one YES!

Amy~ homemade crackers wow! Would you make them again?

tanner'smom~ you will do fine. We are here to help.

Sara~ What a nice reward congrat's

TallandThin~ hope Mr. Big is much improved today

Fluffymamma~ you can and will do this

I will take it easy today and soon normalcy will be back.

Take care of yourselves :mouse:

Ruthxxx
01-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Good morning. I've not been around much because I'm struggling with year end accounting but do read. Keep on keeping on, Beachers!

Lexxiss
01-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

My sporadic visits have been because my internet is poor here. We're taking a cousin to brunch then heading over the divide. There's supposed to be snow...I hope it goes smooth. I'm not afraid of the roads, it's the aftenoon ski traffic coming down the other side of Vail Pass. One goof up causes a mass reaction and you have to sit for hours.

Have a great day everyone!

annieoh
01-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Ruth, that's pretty well what's keeping me busy too. The end of year is soooo time consuming! I did get all my W-2s out this week though, and plan to get all the 1099s out next week. :D The year is closed!

I usually hop on the scale first thing in the morning, and record the ebb and flow of weight (because it's neat to see the overall downward slope, with the little ups and downs along the way). Today was a new low: 289.8. Hello, 280's!!!

I've got to spend today evaluating a new accounting package (QB Enterprise) and then its back to the grindstone tomorrow.

May Sunday bring is on plan peace and joy. :)

Heidi58
01-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Good morning on Sunday!

Yesterday was a busy day around here. I did check in last night when I got home but there were so many posts that I just read and did some 'mental personals', and then went to bed. :lol:

I had a great visit with my mom, and also with my sister and her family at my nephew's 8th birthday celebration. I had a small piece of birthday cake - it was planned, so I don't feel guilty about it, but I wonder if it will effect my weigh in tomorrow. Not much snow fell in their part of Massachusetts or up here in our part of Maine, so the driving was easy.

I've got so much to do today that I've made a written list instead of just going with the list in my head. Number one on the list is getting the Christmas tree put away. I have another busy week ahead this week so if I don't get it put away today it will be up for another week.

My mom's cat was pretty funny when I was hooping yesterday morning. He was fascinated by the hoop. He jumped up on the arm of a chair and kept trying to bat it while it was spinning. It's heavy, and I was afraid he'd hurt himself so I moved away from the chair. Next thing I know he's up on a table trying to reach the hoop again. I moved to another room and because there wasn't a convenient spot to perch he was under my feet trying to jump up and grab the hoop! :rofl: I was afraid I'd either kick him or hurt him by dropping the hoop on him so I went back to my original spot and he climbed back up on the arm of the chair and watched and played for 20 minutes. When I finished and put the hoop away he kept batting at it, I suppose he was trying to get it to spin again, silly guy.

Enjoy your Sunday friends. :hug:

ETA, Hooray Annie!

cottagebythesea
01-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Good morning! It sure does look pretty outside after all the snow we got yesterday. Sunshine today, but more snow is on the way on Tuesday. It's definitely January. :shocksn:

Heidi, that's a cute story about the cat. Maybe you should make him a mini hoop identical to yours for him to play with, LOL. I'm glad you didn't have any driving problems.

Annie, :bravo:

Debbie, I hope your drive over the pass is a breeze!

I'm planning on another rather lazy day. Yesterday I ravaged the cookbook cupboard and just held onto my old reliable standbys. I must have carried out about 4 armloads of books and magazines. It's a good thing we gave our recycling man a big Christmas tip, as he has his work cut out for him this week. :^: I made a batch of the Nessa Bars (oatmeal breakfast bars) and a double pan of Tamari Roasted Chickpeas for snacking for the week, too, so the day wasn't a total slug day.
I'm going to tag along with Jake today to visit with Mom & Dad while he finishes painting, and I have some laundry to do, but that's about it. I expect the kids and grands to be here later for supper, so I should start thinking about what I'm going to feed them.

Mmckellen
01-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Hey all,
It's Sunday, and I made it through Saturday on plan. Whoo hoo! My weigh in is tomorrow, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. My son came down with a high fever last night, so all our plans for today are cancelled, and I'll probably have to take him to the dr. tomorrow. All the best laid plans, you know? I'm going to try to make the 5pm service at my new church. Hope everyone has a great day.

litar
01-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Good Sunday morning...yesterday went well! I did a major grocery trip stocking up on SB friendly ingredients!!! I also made an eggplant lasagna which took longer than I thought but I doubled the recipe so I would have something for my busy weekdays! They are calling for major snow here tomorrow 100% chance! Looks as though I may get another day off. Major snow here is like 3-6 inches!!!LOL

CyndiM
01-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Good morning :coffee2: It's another slow morning for me. DW is already out birding but I'm just having breakfast :) Yesterday's shoveling has been rescheduled for this morning The plow guy didn't make it until after dark and I don't shovel until he's been here. It looks light and fluffy and shouldn't take too long.

Debbie - I know exactly what you mean. Here it's the "flatlanders" who come in to ski and think 4 wheel drive is magic. I worry more about them than the roads. Safe and happy travels to all of you and extra chin scratches to Rudy and Bing

Cottage - enjoy the well deserved lazy day. I've found that freecyclers will take unsorted boxes of books if you have a group down there.

Heidi - I often write mental personals too :) Our cats just love any exercise that gets us on the floor.

Annie - :bravo:

Ruth - good luck whipping those numbers into shape

Okay, I need to shovel and run to the grocery store. I'm going to make Rikki's white bean and barley crockpot stew and need veggies. Happy Sunday friends

shelflife
01-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Day two of being a walking, talking snot factory... but at least my back is feeling much better! I think I'll stay away from the gym again today. I'm sure the other members will appreciate that. I'll stick to light activity and do some ROM exercises for my spine.

Last night I went out to a Mexican restaurant with some classmates. Ordered carne asada, no rice. Received carne asada tacos, with rice. Probably looked a little strange handing back my plate covered with untouched tortillas, rice, and chips, but whatever. I did eat two jalapeno poppers, which was a planned indulgence, but otherwise the meal was clean!

No plan yet for the day. I'm still in bed!

sarahsk
01-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Good morning chicks! Happy Sunday.

A big storm rolled through last night, which was good we really need the rain. I was supposed to meet a friend for a walk/run this morning, but we are postponing for a while to see what the weather has in store.

I have been inspired to clean out some of my stuff today...it piles up so quickly! Have a wonderful Sunday chicks :)

Pearlrose
01-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Good morning everyone,

Wow lots of posts, I don't have time for personals but wanted to stop and read posts.

Need to straighten out house and then get ready need to go into work for about 3 hours today at least it's been moved from midnight for the maintenance windows. But before I only had to do once or twice a year depending on the year as it was quarterly now it is monthly so every 3 months it's my turn. I am employed and I still love my job so that is good.

Cyndi- I will be praying that you find a position that fits your needs. I have to commute but am not traveling and can pack my lunch and have a cafe if I need something.

Okay off I go :) enjoy your Sunday

TallandThin
01-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Morning everyone :wave:. No time for personals as I have to go help DH work on a plugged sewer line. Oh the fun of living out in the country! :) Wouldn't trade it for anything else though. Be back later

tanner'smom
01-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Happy Sunday!!!

It is a white Sunday for us. They say more is on its way, just enough to wonder if we will have a snow day tomorrow.

I finished phase 1 yesterday and am on to phase 2 today. I also weighed in this morning and lost another pound :carrot:. I am amazed how much my eating has changed in 2 weeks.

Already been to church and plan on staying in the rest of the day. Its time for me to do my weekly cleaning and getting ready for the next week.

Have a great day!!!

TallandThin
01-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Lady Windsong, so glad you are feeling a bit better today.

Debbie, hope you have/had a safe trip over the divide.

Annie, Congrats on getting down to the 280's! That has got to feel so darn good.

Heidi, that was a funny cat story. Our pets can sure entertain us at times.

Mm, congrats for making it another day op! Hope your little one is feeling better.

Shelf, your opening line was so funny!

Well, our sewer line is now unpluged and we are much happier campers. Wasn't as bad as we thought the job might be. Now the day is mine again. Would you believe I'm wrapping Christmas gifts this afternoon? But, it's a good thing. I was able to find a few things during the after Christmas sales and am wrapping them for next Christmas. Good feeling. I didn't get my walk in early this morning and I'm not one to exercise in the afternoon or evening so don't know if it will happen today. Just might take a day off.

BellaLucia
01-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Tanner'smom way to go!

Lexxiss
01-09-2011, 08:16 PM
We had safe travels...fortunately all the traffic was headed in the other direction. I have lots of veggies to get processed tonight so I can jump into some fun tomorrow!

TallandThin, you are far more organized than I.lol

tanner'smom, congrats! on finishing P1!

See ya'll tomorrow!

CyndiM
01-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Hey Debbie, glad the drive went well. Was thinking about you.
How do you still have vegetables to process? All I have are sprouts now :cry:

Natasha1534
01-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Just popping in to say that my bestfriend had her baby today!!!!!!!!!!!! Jaxon Davis Edens was born at 1445 hrs weighing 6 pounds 2 ounces (not bad for nearly a month premature, huh???) and measuring 19 inches long. Mother and baby are fine and, as an added bonus, he was born on his aunt's (my OTHER bestfriend, LOL) birthday. :)

I'll try to come back later and do personals, but we're supposed to have bad weather starting soon and we're going to have all kinds of brass in here, so it's doubtful I'll make it back. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Lexxiss
01-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey Debbie, glad the drive went well. Was thinking about you.
How do you still have vegetables to process? All I have are sprouts now :cry:
Improper terminology...just my big bag of veggies from the grocery. Everything had to be washed and I slice and dice enough veggies for at least 2 days worth of salads. I love my salad but find I am less likely to enjoy it when I'm on the run if I haven't planned ahead.

Natasha, glad to head your friends' son is healthy, even if a bit early.

Fluffymamma
01-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi again guys! its almost the end of Sunday and this is my first time back on. Sitting at work watching the snow fall hard. they called a code white which means I dont know how long I will be here but I did pack a LOT of Sb friendly meals and hope to get something on the grill for dinner.

Does anyone know about different varieties of Alfredo sauce. I thought it was a no no but I saw one that had 2 grams of carbs and 1 sugar in it and it looked oh sooo good. I have been good and lost almost 8 pounds this week. Im pretty heavy so if I can get 1-2 each week I will be happy!!!

Be safe everyone!

TallandThin
01-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Debbie, I do the same thing. Buy my veggies, bring them home and cut and dice and store them in bags or containers in the veg bin in refrig. I usually do mushrooms and radishes. What do you normally cut up for salads?

Fluffymamma
01-09-2011, 11:22 PM
I need to go and do that too. Wish I could respond to all the personal posts but maybe next time. My attention span isnt so good tonight! I did buy some broccoli today. Surprised that cut up broccoli was 20 cents cheaper for the whole head and it was the same weight!