100 lb. Club - Have you heard of this woman trying to gain weight?

lottie63
01-02-2011, 11:39 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1341683/Donna-Simpsons-feast-The-30-000-calorie-Christmas-feast-eaten-worlds-fattest-mum-ONE-hour-sitting.html

It just seems so very sad.

natamars
01-02-2011, 11:43 AM
So odd, dh and I were just talking about her yesterday and I did a search to see how she was doing. I feel so badly for her children. Not only is she eating like that, she limits her activity so she won't burn too many calories.

Kristen81985
01-02-2011, 11:48 AM
I think trying to lose weight wasnt working for her and she was unhappy, so instead she gave up and decided to just get famous by the easy way out. It's veery very sad. Poor kids. What a role model.:(

peanutt
01-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Very sad. I feel bad for her kids who not only have this bad role model, but who will also likely lose their mom way too early in life because of her stunt. :(

tschaff04
01-02-2011, 12:08 PM
What a truly sad story. How selfish, she isn't just risking her own downfall but what is she doing to her children?!

Not only are they at risk of being without her, but this is their role model and she is definitely not modeling good nutritional choices. :(

Ky30
01-02-2011, 12:25 PM
She says she is healthy but gets around in a scooter because she can barley walk wow I feel for her poor kids watching all this happen she is gonna die soon if she keeps going this way and she wants to weigh 1,000 pounds this is SO sad :(. How can one person eat all that food in one sitting also I would be SO sick.

cherrypie
01-02-2011, 01:02 PM
lots of people are doing the same thing. They just supposedly aren't doing it on purpose and without the publicity. It's kinda a strange story, but reactions to it are stranger. Is it really any stranger than someone with anorexia?

sept15lija
01-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I feel very sorry for her children as well, and I feel sorry for her. She is living in a major amount of denial, that's for sure.

peanutt
01-02-2011, 01:14 PM
lots of people are doing the same thing. They just supposedly aren't doing it on purpose and without the publicity. It's kinda a strange story, but reactions to it are stranger. Is it really any stranger than someone with anorexia?

To the bolded: no it's not any stranger than other eating disorders. I would feel the same way about someone trying to live at unhealthy low weights too.

I think Kristen above hit the nail on the head. She was unsuccessful at losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle so she twisted things and goals in her mind to do this instead.

DixC Chix
01-02-2011, 01:21 PM
That's a lot of money to spend on groceries and fast food.

She is literally living hand-to-mouth.

I believe she has full awareness of her plight. Maybe she has a big fat life insurance policy and doesn't want to tell her kids - "Um, sorry, I ate your college fund."

lazylioness
01-02-2011, 01:49 PM
I wonder if she has thought about what will happen to her family once she dies.

I mean, she makes MONEY eating and being fat. I am pretty sure that there will not be residual income when she dies. I wonder if she will charge extra to be able to watch her heart explode live on the internet.

timkerbelle
01-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Reading that makes me really sad. I know as well as anyone that the relationship with food can be complicated and have elements of addiction, but the selfishness of this woman is astounding. She will most likely leave her children without a mother at a very young age - and with 2 dads who knows what will happen to them. Not to mention the cost for medical care for this enormous woman. Seriously, a team of 30 to deliver one baby?
I doubt she works at her size, although of course I could be wrong. I just wonder who it is that ultimately forks the bill for her 12000 calorie a day eating.

lazylioness
01-02-2011, 02:02 PM
and just to put it into a bit of perspective.

Michael Phelps also eats 12000 calories a day....while training.

GabrielleEmersyn
01-02-2011, 03:23 PM
it just scares me to be honest....

Trazey34
01-02-2011, 04:28 PM
horrifying. I guess instead of putting a gun to her head she's going to commit suicide this way instead :(

Nola Celeste
01-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm trying to imagine how someone reconciles being unable to walk due to a reversible and controllable health condition with calling herself healthy.

This is no different from the other end of the spectrum--people with eating disorders that leave them near death from low body weight instead of high--yet somehow it's apparently okay for newspapers to write point-and-stare articles about her and for people to pay money to watch her eat.

Can you imagine the moral indignation there would be if a woman suffering from anorexia were treated in a similar fashion by the press? I doubt that an anorexic's daily calorie intake would get the same lurid sidebar coverage in an article. A husband who willingly supported his wife's endeavor to reach an equally unhealthy and extreme low weight would be treated as a criminal. And while I don't know if there are skinny-person fetishists out there (there probably are), a web site catering to them would not be fodder for a newspaper article.

It's so strange to me that in society's view, people at one end of the eating disorder spectrum suffer from life-threatening illness while those at the other end are weak-willed and comical. This woman has a dangerous eating disorder and it's a terrible shame for her and her family.

Arctic Mama
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
horrifying. I guess instead of putting a gun to her head she's going to commit suicide this way instead :(

Thats the impression her story gives me. Nobody who loves themselves eats literally to death, to this excess. She admits her divorce and 'failures' at weight loss spurred the desire to just eat and eat to 'be happy'. As an emotional eater to a lesser degree, I can honestly say there is nothing normal or healthy about hating yourself so much that you eat to the point of immobility.

twinmommaplusone
01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
this woman has some mental problems and she is an incredibly selfish a;sldkfjad for doing this to her children, shame on her and God bless those children!