Biggest Loser Challenges - Pre challenge warm up

View Full Version : Pre challenge warm up

Bigmid
01-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Hi anyone want to join me for some chatting and some exercising

I did my first workout of the year today and it felt great to get back into it again so I'm hoping to stick with it before the challenge officially starts. The eating plan starts on Monday.

My goal is to exercise 3x's this week + add in 100 sit ups and 100 push ups in as well. This is to get me through to the team announcements and the start of the 2011 NYNY challenge.

Is anybody with me? So for today I did my WATP Bootcamp DVD (45min) and 30 crunches.

Let's go this is for everyone no matter what team you were on and for all the new comers as well. Let's get healthy together:)

shan84
01-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Red team leader is totally in for this!

I did my first workout of the year on my new Wii (Christmas present). I did 40 minutes on the Wii Fit with step aerobics and hula hooping. Then I did 50 minutes of the Biggest Loser Challenge Wii game. A huge workout for me! I was soaked when I finished. I felt great.

Food is back on target today and so far so good. The day is finished and I ate at 1400 calories today. Can't wait to plug in my BodyMedia tonight and see how I did with my calorie burn today.

Don't forget to update your starting weight before the sign up thread closes. So looking forward to our NYNY challenge!

TooManyDimples
01-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I can't wait to start the challenge. I had some rough holidays and I'm ready to get really back on track, and I think the challenge will be such helpful motivation.

I spent yesterday putting away all my christmas decorations and then cleaning my house. I didn't do any specific "exercising", I think the hours of cleaning I did were exercise enough so I'm not to sad about it. :)

Today I'm starting back up my strength training which takes me about 30 minutes and I'll do some form of cardio for 30 minutes.

I've been back on plan with eating since Dec 30th.

babygrant
01-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Argh, we have one last dinner tonight with family who came after Christmas, and we are DONE. I'm so bloated and feel so yucky from all of the different foods and eating at odd times. So excited to get back on track!

My dad got an elliptical for christmas so he gave me his spin bike. So I'm set in our basement. Have a tv and dvd player, my treadmill, home gym, and a spin bike! Woo hoo.

Will post more later. Going to de-christmas the house!

Mercy03
01-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm in.Will start Monday,I have this little cold/bronchitis for the last 5 days so I haven't been able to do a thing.:devil:

Nixmom
01-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Woohoo! I have been popping in a few times a day HOPING something would start up. I'm with Mercy - been sick for 10days and finally feeling like I can kick exercise back in tomorrow~

Got the treadmill in eye shot of the TV. Gonna update the Ipod tonight too. I am gonna get on the Bigmid plan and do 3x exercise this week + 100 crunches and 100 pushups. I haven't done anything in months, so this will be a huge undertaking, but a good refresher!

Eating my last naughty meal tonight. Ready to start fresh tomorrow! I'm super excited!!!

CourtneyDaisey
01-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm totally in for this! I'm on my new eating plan and will be hitting the gym tomorrow for a couple of hours after work! :cheer: Rock it, all of the folks participating in the challenge!

Hey, on a side note...I haven't seen any results from the previous challenge posted. Are they posted somewhere and I'm just missing them? I was reading back through the threads from the last challenge and just can't find the results anywhere.

Bette k
01-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm in for this too, tomorrow is the day I take my dad for chemo, I'm going to try to not use the elevato, or at least get some extra walking in. His chemo is on the 8th floor, dr on the 6th) Tuesday it's back on the eliptical. Ham and bean soup for supper tomorrow.

shan84
01-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Well yesterday's workout paid off on the scale this morning. Hope this is a new trend. Hope everyone has a great week.

shan84
01-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Courtney- You can find the weekly results from last challenge here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/213540-biggest-loser-fall-focus-2010-weekly-results.html. As far as final overall biggest losers for each team they were announced in each team's last chat thread. Not sure who won for blue team, but for the red team it was Terapet.

dream710
01-03-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm in for some prechallenge warm-up! Between the holidays, being sick, and working 12 hour days my exercise has been on the back burner. Yesterday I kicked off the new year with a new workout DVD and a bunch of cleaning. Tomorrow I will start back into my regular routine.

wendychic
01-03-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm in too!!! I will be working out tomorrow and plan on going to check out a gym we are thinking about joining. Luckily I workout 3x week with some girls from work, then I will throw the gym on top of that.

Bigmid
01-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Wow way to go everyone and thanks for joining me over here. Today I was kind of lazy but I did get the PVR cleaned out in time for the new shows to start up again.

Diet and exercise will be back on track for tomorrow. I did 20 pushups today.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

shan84
01-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. It's almost the end of Monday here in South Korea. I got in another 1hr10min on the Wii for exercise today. Whoever thinks you can't exercise vigourously on this thing doesn't know what they are doing. I did 30 minutes of step aerobics to warm up and then I did 40 minutes of Jillian Michael's Ultimate Fitness Challenge 2010 Upper Body workout. Yikes. Almost 11 minutes of that was just running...and I'm 282lbs!!! I was sweating!!! WOOHOO! Feel's great. 2 days solid on plan now. :)

IceQueen
01-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Hey everyone- I'm Tanya and have been reading some forums here and there and have finally decided this will be the day I join the "challenge", if it's not too late! Can someone please explain the program to me i.e. goal date/what team/check in times etc. Like my title says I am new to posting on forums and new to having a weight loss support group. I am super excited and am ready to go!!!:D

Tanya

shan84
01-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Tanya- You need to go to the sign up thread and put your starting weight. Then come back January 8th and look for team announcements. From January 9th you will find your team's chat thread, nutritional journal, and last chance workout threads.

Read the main sticky threads on our page and you will find detailed information about weigh in dates. The weigh in time never changes. You must have a weight posted by 10pm AST time on Sunday evenings. Google AST time to convert it to your time zone.

Hope this helps.

ronan
01-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Wow, everyone sounds so motivated! I got a treadmill for my birthday so I will fit in a 30 min workout before my 2 year old gets up. I am also going to start back on my weight watchers plan.

CourtneyDaisey
01-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Hey folks! I have my gym bag in the car and am going there after work. :)

TooManyDimples
01-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey Courtney, I'm glad to see you here! I was wondering about you since I hadn't seen you in the Autumn Beauties threads lately. Glad to see you're still at it. =)

Things are going good for me. I'm on day three of exercise. I'm going to do some cardio after I get my little girl off on the bus to prek. We got some Christmas money from family so I decided to get an exercise bike that I found that's not too expensive and had really good reviews. I'm pretty excited about that. Can't wait till it gets here!

Purplefirefly
01-03-2011, 12:33 PM
This is my second day really being on plan and already i feel great and the scale has rewarded me some. I am doing a DVD or Wii workout in the morning with Wii Fit workouts during the day as I work. My eating plan is my own creation but it works amazingly well so I am sticking with it:

From when I get up until noon I only eat fruit, as much as I want, and water only. From noon to 5PM I eat whole grains, veggies, as much as I want, 0 calorie drinks allowed. Then 5 to 8PM I have lean meats and veggies, water only again. 8PM my kitchen closes.

This has been the only plan I have ever been able to stick to because i don't feel deprived when my calories or points run out. I find when I can have all I want of certain foods I end up not wanting much, go figure.

I got in another 1hr10min on the Wii for exercise today. Whoever thinks you can't exercise vigourously on this thing doesn't know what they are doing.

I use my Wii for workouts as well! I work from home, so I do a set amount of work then burn 100 calories on wii fit, cycle through that all day long! It's awesome! I also love the biggest loser, but I have the older one, not the new challenge.

Narnia99
01-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone!
I did my first workout in over a month last night. I did a weight workout for chest and triceps muscles. This morning I did 30 mins on my Stairmaster and an ab workout. I am feeling really motivated, now I just need to keep it up!

Great job everyone :carrot:

Nixmom
01-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Kudos to all the chicks back at it! I actually pulled off my first 30minutes on the treadmill in 6 months tonight. I didn't want to. I got home from a grueling day at work, started to put my PJs on and then realized I owed it to myself to get on track. Soooo glad I did.

Here's to digging out that extra motivation to take the small steps to reach your goal! We can do this!

CanadaMel
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Happy New Year!
Sounds like everyone is off to a great start!
I am contemplating starting running again to get more fit and have the pounds drop off a little easier. We got a kinect for our xbox and I'm waiting for my copy of your fitness evolved to arrive here later this week to kick my butt into gear.
Hard to believe I'm starting my 3rd year of my lifestyle change!
Let's get this party started.

wendychic
01-04-2011, 12:18 AM
I did my one hour workout with my TUFF class. I am exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open. Tomorrow is cardio!

dream710
01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
So far so good! Exercise is back on track and eating is well, coming along. Yesterday was pretty good eating wise, with the exception for a binge in the evening. Today I had body pump class...WOW! I can tell I haven't been there in awhile, I'm already sore! Tomorrow is spin and yoga, and Thursday I start water exercises, which I'm a little nervous about. I'm really afraid of deep water (with or without floaties) my goal this year is to conquer that fear and learn to swim laps.

TooManyDimples
01-04-2011, 12:09 PM
I did 45 minutes of cardio yesterday. Today is strength, so 30 minutes of that, then I'll probably do another 30 of cardio. It feels good starting the year off right. =)

NBaxter2512
01-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Hey ladies! I'll join in on the chat! I work full time and have a 3 month old daughter. I wake up at 5am to get her ready and myself ready and I leave for work. I have a long commute. I don't get home until 6pm, prepare dinner, cook dinner, eat dinner, clean up, by that time its 8pm! The only free time I have is between 8-9:30 and that is spent with my daughter bc I don't see her all day. I'm having a really hard time giving up the 90 minutes a day I get with my daughter to work out. I just miss her so much.
Luckily, my DH is amazing and while I am cooking, he gets all the housework done once he gets home from work.
Anyone have advice on how they make time??
When I had a full time job prior to my daughter, I felt like I had all the time in the world!

GreenTeaYum
01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Im so excited for this challenge- it falls perfectly with the first of the year. Ive never done a BL challenge, I've participated in a couple of the 20 something's version, but not this one. I found it to be a huge motivation- being held accountable to my team.

I did my first workout of the new year on Sunday and again last night. Im going to make it my goal to workout (even if just on the Wii) at least 4x a week.

rainbowsmiles
01-04-2011, 01:36 PM
well...i did my first ever zumba class yesterday!! i went on friday, to watch, and i was so intimidated...but all weekend i kept telling myself that i can do this....so i went back on monday...and i managed to do most of the class(35 mins) !! its a 45 min class. i didn't miss a lot of steps...it is fast but i know in time i can keep up. i just can't give up. i was the biggest person in the class, and i was glad for the sweat because a few times i caught myself with tears in my eyes, as i looked into the side mirrors. so glad i had a work out towel to wipe my face with so no one would notice. but i was proud i had the courage to go. i will go again in the morning. the classes are mon, wed and fri. i love music and i love to dance and i am tired of all this fat limiting the things i used to do for fun and enjoyment. NO MORE. this is a new year and a new me. i am so thankful for TBL thread. i can't wait to see what team i am on and meet some new friends because i need encouragement! hugs everyone!!!

Nixmom
01-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Rainbow- good for you for braving it! Its nice to find out that trying something isnt near as scary as sitting on the sidelines wondering about it!

I am on a no workout day. Tomorrow will again. Got day 4 of not smoking under my belt. Looking forward to the start of TBL on tv tonight!
Hang tough ladies!

TooManyDimples
01-05-2011, 09:47 AM
NBaxter, how's your lunch break? Do you get a long one? Could you maybe go for a walk for half of it, or does your work have some stairs you could climb?

My exercise bike got here about 15 minutes ago! I'm so excited. I'm going to try to put it together and hop right in and clock some time on it today! =)

dream710
01-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Rainbow-Congrats on going to Zumba class! :carrot: I've never gone to a class, but I hear its a lot of fun.

Toomany-Woohoo on the new bike! Did you get it to try it out?

Nix-Way to go on 4 days smoke free, keep up the hardwork!

NBaxter-Sounds like you have a very busy day! What about getting up a half hour earlier or staying up a half hour later?

Greentea-Welcome!

Purplefirefly
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
How am I supposed to keep eating healthy when I am writing reviews of cookie sellers all day??? I am almost certain writing these is why I had to go to bed early last night to avoid a binge...only now I have to write them today. I am just going to finish these real fast (3 more) and not pick up anymore. The client wants me to do more, but someone else will have to pick them up. Cookies are a big weakness of mine and writing about them, looking at pictures of them, practically smelling them through the computer, is not working for me.

NBaxter -- Why not workout with your daughter? There are workout programs out there for working out with babies, but you could come up with your own moves. For instance, doing push-ups with her lying just under your face/chest. as you push down you can kiss her and then go back up. Put her in a stroller and go out for a fast walk...or get a jogging stroller and hit the park for a light run if you want to run. There are ways to include her and she will benefit as she grows up with a healthy mama and her time spent with you is doing active, fun things. As she gets bigger you can go to the park and play with her for exercise, ride bikes with her, etc.

Just don't let her be an excuse, ya know? User her as motivation and role model healthy behaviors. Dance with her, walk circles around the house using her weight like some people use dumbbells...you will find a way.

Rainbow -- Zumba is soooo fun! I was going to classes at our Y with my sister and a couple friends but everyone stopped going and I am too intimidated to go by myself. They have classes somewhere else near me and I want to go, but always chicken out. I am going to use you as inspiration and maybe go back...the Y is past sign up date so I would have to go to the other place.

Narnia99
01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone, day 4 on plan and so far so good :) Yesterday, I did an upper body weight workout, and this morning I did a cardio workout and an ab routine, and floorwork exercises.

Rainbow - That's awesome that you joined the Zumba class. Way to go :clap:

Kim - How's the bike?

Kris - Good for you for quitting smoking, and excellant job getting on the treadmill instead of into your pj's!

NBaxter - That is a tough schedule. Personally, I am finding if I don't get up early and get my workout done, then I more than likely won't do it. I am so not a morning person, but I feel so good once I get going. I hope you can find something that works for you.

Have a great day everyone!

TooManyDimples
01-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Bike is great! I did 9 miles this afternoon. =)

rainbowsmiles
01-05-2011, 05:04 PM
hi ladies....its me again...i went back to zumba again today...omg i laughed and had such a good time!! the class is upstairs....duh??? and why?? i have to stop at the landing to catch my breath before actually going into the door of the class...thank goodness the door stays closed! today, i stood outside the door hoping someone would come up the stairs so i could go in with them, because i just have this crazy thing...about going in and EVERYONE TURNING TO SEE WHO IS COMING IN...and then they are looking at the fat lady! they have a class at 9....a regular aerobics class, and then zumba starts at 930....but most of the ladies stay and do both classes...maybe i will work up to that level one day...nonetheless...no one came....and at 930....i had to make a decision...go in or give up....and you would just have to understand my phobia of going into places alone like that...its like a mini anxiety attack i guess!! i wish i didn't feel that way! but i did it....i went in!! i walked straight to the back of the class with my head down to avert any eyes!! the class doesn't really stop...they just change the music and start zumba...well....it was not any easier today!! haha i did 25 mins...before i was about to fall out onto the floor! haha still, i am proud of the courage it takes for me to go, especially at this size. i had to walk out...in front of everyone, in order to leave...but i walked out with my head held high....can't wait until friday!! ZUMBA is soooooooooo contagious!!

thank you narnia, purplefirefly, dream, nixmom....for all your wonderful words of encouragement. i really really appreciate it!!! more than you will actually ever know...as it gives me the strength to go back! :) thank you from the bottom of my heart!

i watched TBL....and just cried when they introduced arthur who weighed over 500 pounds. i was so close to 400 pounds...i am so thankful for finding my way here...and so thankful for all of you!! hugssss:hug::hug:
susan...the soon 2b zumbaqueen!! hahaha

CourtneyDaisey
01-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Hello folks! I just got home from the gym. It's the first time I've been to the gym in about a month. I was able to do 40 minutes on the treadmill. I know that's not great, but it's a start! Hooray for that much! :cheer:

I am anxiously awaiting the announcements to see what teams everyone will be on! Come on Friday!

shan84
01-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Hi all. Hope everyone is having a fab week! All is well here in SK. Getting geared up to head back to work next week. Super excited to get our team's together very very soon!

If anyone is interested, I've started writing on my diet blog again. I had someone comment today and tell me they think my blog is boring. Really hurt my feelings. Haha. Oh well, I went on today and wrote anyways and posted a receipe and picture from tonight's dinner. Moving on....sticks and stones right?

Anyways, like I said hope everyone is doing well! I'm really geared up for this next challenge! WOOHOO!!

TooManyDimples
01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Shan, comment back and tell them no one is forcing them to read it. ;)

Tomorrow is my first weighin since getting back on track. Works out perfect so I can update my starting weight for the competition.

I finally woke up without sore calves today. I'm planning on doing some more time on my bike. =)

Hope everyone has a great day!

CourtneyDaisey
01-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Ditto to what Kim said Shan. They should just not read if they don't like it. :)

dream710
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
RAINBOW- I am soooo happy for you! It feels awesome to overcome your fears doesn't it. :hug: Your excitement in the class is making me think I should try it, I love to dance too but I tend to have two left feet. I must say I'm really liking the ZUMBAQUEEN, it has a nice ring to it. Keep on a dancin girl!!

COURTNEY-Good job getting back into the swing of things!

SHAN-Its irritating when people have to make negative comments. What happened to if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anthing at all. I agree with TOOMANY! I'm excited for the new challenge to start too.

TOOMANY-sounds like your loving your bike. Keep up the hard work and good luck with your weigh in.

I've had a really good day so far. It was my first day in the pool, I told my instructor just the shallow end aerobic activities. She gave me a few to start with, I worked on that for awhile. She then decided to get me a kickboard, I went back and forth flutterkicking from the 3' to the 5'. Then before I knew it the lifeguard and a coworker of mine had me talked into flutterkicking into the 12' end, I was sooo nervous (fear of deep water) but I managed to make it there, they talked me through getting turned around and went the length of the pool. :carrot: I'm thinking they make me a swimmer yet!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Mercy03
01-06-2011, 01:18 PM
No exercising yet,this upper respiratory infection is kicking my butt.Went on weight watchers diet and have lost 2-3 pounds this week.:)

I can't wait to the new challenge starts:D

rainbowsmiles
01-06-2011, 03:12 PM
RAINBOW- I am soooo happy for you! It feels awesome to overcome your fears doesn't it. :hug: Your excitement in the class is making me think I should try it, I love to dance too but I tend to have two left feet. I must say I'm really liking the ZUMBAQUEEN, it has a nice ring to it. Keep on a dancin girl!!

I've had a really good day so far. It was my first day in the pool, I told my instructor just the shallow end aerobic activities. She gave me a few to start with, I worked on that for awhile. She then decided to get me a kickboard, I went back and forth flutterkicking from the 3' to the 5'. Then before I knew it the lifeguard and a coworker of mine had me talked into flutterkicking into the 12' end, I was sooo nervous (fear of deep water) but I managed to make it there, they talked me through getting turned around and went the length of the pool. :carrot: I'm thinking they make me a swimmer yet!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Dream....:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::D
thank you sooooooooooo much for your encouraing words!! you should try zumba!! its funny how you said me talking about is making you want to try....because thats exactly what happened to me. a fb friend whom i never met, and lives in florida, had been zumba'ing for 5 months now and has lost 88 pounds. she posts about it everyday and she made me "think" i was really missing out on something!! haha then, i saw a picture of some people doing zumba in the streets in downtown....and there was this larger lady...and she was an instructor!!! she weighs 303 pounds and has lost 50 pounds in 3 months doing zumba. thats all she does. i did not know her either, but messaged her on fb and told her, she gave me inspiration to try. so if i can pass it forward, that would just be the ultimate!!! go find out for yourself!! it is fun, you will laugh....i miss probably half the steps, but i know in time i will get them all!! its fun!! if you love music and you have a hard time sitting still when you favorite song comes on, or you find yourself shimming your shoulders whenever a great song comes on the radio, then zumba is for you!!! keep me posted :)

as for your swimming...THAT IS AWESOME about you getting the courage to go into the deep end. i used to teach swimming at the YMCA years ago and was a lifeguard when i was younger. i love swimming. you are so right, it is very liberating to get the courage to try the things you think you have a fear of. i am so proud of you and hope you keep up the water aerobics...i just love then, and do them following the zumba class, and its sooooo refreshing to dive into the pool after a good workout!! keep swimming!! keep kicking that board!!!

hugssss, susan

CourtneyDaisey
01-06-2011, 07:18 PM
rainbowsmiles - Congrats on trying Zumba! I tried it at my gym. I honestly don't have the rhythm for it. Kudos to you for having way more rhythm than i do! :cheer: You go girl! Keep it up!

CanadaMel
01-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Wow chatty bunch which is GREAT! Everyone is getting reved up for challenge. Excited that my new game for my xbox arrived(your shape fitness evolved) I hope to try it out after dinner, if the kids let me.
Having a fairly good on plan week and hope to lower my starting weight tomorrow, depending on how hard TOM hits-started today :p

Have a great night all!

rainbowsmiles
01-06-2011, 08:43 PM
rainbowsmiles - Congrats on trying Zumba! I tried it at my gym. I honestly don't have the rhythm for it. Kudos to you for having way more rhythm than i do! :cheer: You go girl! Keep it up!

THANKS COURTNEY!!! i can't wait until i can say woohooo 247 !!! way to go on your amazing weight loss!!! what a GREAT inspiration!!:carrot:

shan84
01-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Hey folks. Well less than 24 hours and I will begin creating our teams for the next challenge! WOOHOOOO!

Don't forget to sign up for the challenge if you haven't already done so. Also make sure you put a starting weight. I can't put you on a team without one. Come back sometime on the 8th for team announcements. January 9th will start each teams chat thread, nutritional journal, and last chance workout threads. First weigh in will be January 16th!!

:hug:

TooManyDimples
01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Yah! Almost time to start. =) I went back to update my start weight. A lot of people signed up! I hope everyone remembers and joins in.

I'm down 4lbs this week. 3 more and I'll be back to my pre-Christmas-disaster low. =)

Today is a strength day. So 30 minutes of that plus another 30 to 60 of cardio.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Wild Vulpix
01-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I've hit a serious plateau. Hopefully it won't hold my team back too much :D

rainbowsmiles
01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey folks. Well less than 24 hours and I will begin creating our teams for the next challenge! WOOHOOOO!

Don't forget to sign up for the challenge if you haven't already done so. Also make sure you put a starting weight. I can't put you on a team without one. Come back sometime on the 8th for team announcements. January 9th will start each teams chat thread, nutritional journal, and last chance workout threads. First weigh in will be January 16th!!

:hug:

sooooo excited....can't hardly wait...i'm worse than a little kid!!! ...are we there yet??? :D

Bigmid
01-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone looking forward to starting and getting our teams going. Great job on the chat thread you have all been a very busy bunch.....that's awesome.

Nixmom
01-07-2011, 07:07 PM
sooooo needing this to start! I need to get into competitive mode to really get my butt moving! Hope you all are doing well and looking forward to pushing each other to give 100%!

Doragone
01-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Sooo glad this is about to start, I've been "stuffing it" with my emotions (one year anniversary of son Seth's unexpected passing).:cry: Trying to get my mind back into health and today I have had POP day - whooot!:cp:

Congrats to all you who are already revved up and losing, your enthusiasm is contagious. I actually did 5 whole minutes on the elliptical and stacked firewood today. Here's to a great season of losing.:high:

Dora

CourtneyDaisey
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
THANKS COURTNEY!!! i can't wait until i can say woohooo 247 !!! way to go on your amazing weight loss!!! what a GREAT inspiration!!:carrot:

Thanks! :) I get so overwhelmed sometimes looking at what I have left to lose that I often forget how far I have come since the beginning. Thank you for the kind words!

shan84
01-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Teams will be up later in the morning. I'm waiting on a few people to email me back (I gave them a time limit) because they didn't put a starting weight. After that time limit has passed I will post the team announcements.

PLEASE, do not post any threads for your team. Only your team leader can do that. We will continue using this thread until Sunday evening when each team will get their new threads for the challenge. So, when team announcements are made you will need to find your team's weigh in thread and copy and paste your weigh in schedule BUT not until your team leader has posted the thread. Thanks so much!!!

It's going to get super busy on here starting Sunday night! WOOHOOOOOO!!

shan84
01-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Hey all,

Team announcements are up.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :) :carrot: Wait for your team leader to make your weigh in thread before you start posting your reply.

Also both teams- no official or unofficial threads for the teams until Sunday evening. Both teams can continue to chat here in this thread until tomorrow evening.

Thanks for participating!!

Bigmid
01-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi everyone,
Well it's here time for a new challange. I have so far to go on this one so it is needed badly. This will be great.

Best of luck to everyone on both teams as we are truly all in this together. It is a battle we can all come out winners on.

Well it's a day for inside activities it's cold and we are in a blowing snow warning now. I'm off so indoors it is.

Have a great day everyone

Blue Team the WI thread is up:)

rainbowsmiles
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
sooooo needing this to start! I need to get into competitive mode to really get my butt moving! Hope you all are doing well and looking forward to pushing each other to give 100%!

:carrot: WOOHOOO nixmon....great job on the NO SMOKING!! what a great NEW YEAR NEW YOU!!! :carrot:

abetterme
01-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I have been doing good so far. I have been using the eliptical trainer for 30 minutes and have been burning about 400 cals. I have not had that much sugar at all. I feel a difference in my body. I think my love handles have gone down. This Biggest Loser Challenge is sure to keep us going!

NancyO
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi all,

So excited to get started with this, I packed on a lovely 7lbs in December, so I gotta get back into it. I'm starting tomorrow with the new WW points plus program and a new excercise program!

Have a great day everyone!

Nixmom
01-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Hey Losers!!!!! I am soooo glad to see so many ladies ready to be good to themselves! This is what we need girls and although the hype is easy to grab at the beginning---- I am putting you all on task, no matter what team, to keep each other motivated to keep the fire alive. Eyes on the prize chicks. We all deserve a little time to focus on ourselves!

Rainbowsmiles- thanks for the props! I did fall off the wagon. My father in law is suddenly my neighbor... literally out my back door in a travel trailer. I let my stress rule my actions. Lesson learned. I will be free and clear of nicotine again tomorrow. These are the lesson I need to not let get lost!

K chicks. Off to watch some football playoffs (not by choice) and enjoy my weekend before I hammer down!

Good luck to all.

shan84
01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
I did delete a thread that someone started for the blue team. Again, please no unofficial threads. We have too many participants and therefore this forum is only for things posted by your team leaders. Only one more day and you will have a thread for each team.

The Last Noel
01-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi there. Is it too late to join one of these teams? I'm fairly new and didnt even see this forum section up until now. Now I regret it! It would be awesome to join you all and so helpful to my goals.

Starting weight is 235. Cant send private messages yet or I would have messaged a leader directly.

rainbowsmiles
01-08-2011, 08:24 PM
:cheer2::cheer2:ROCKIN' RED TEAM!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

GREAT JOB signing up on the weight thread....36 of 57 members....come on everyone...remind each other to sign up!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/221703-2011-biggest-loser-new-year-new-you-red-team-weigh-thread.html

:coach:LET'S GO RED!!!!:tantrum::tantrum::flow2::tantrum::tantrum:

shan84
01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
The Last Noel- It is too late to be an official member of a team, but if you want to you can be an unofficial member. Post enough times so that we can email you and I can give you more information.

The Last Noel
01-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh darn. I just saw that the sticky that said the cuttoff date was yesterday. Too bad. I think I do so well with competition. Maybe next year I guess?

shan84
01-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I just said you could be an unofficial member of a team. It means you can actively participate in a team's chats. It also just means that your weight loss does not count towards your team total.

rainbowsmiles
01-08-2011, 09:07 PM
THELASTNOEL....ok so you can't be "officially" on a team...but thats ok you can still play along....and i think they open it again in the spring???? so, you can pretend you are the red team....i will cheer you on!!!! you can do this without being officially on the team!! you can be the team mascot! :) we are all in this together!!! hugsss susan

Bigmid
01-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say thank you to Shan for making up the teams. I know how long that took to do so Thank you once again.

I also want to say Shannon is right......please do not make your own threads. We as leaders will do this the official chat threads will be posted on Sunday nights just like last time. Please wait for these to go up, until then we can all keep on chatting here.

Thank you also to Nancy O who once again made up our banners. I am just waiting to here back from Shan and then I will post them for all of you to use. We do have a red team one as well.

Have a good night everyone.

Bigmid
01-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone I hope your all having a great day, I have just put up all the blue team threads for monday and opened up our chat thread a bit early so we can start chatting.

Best of luck to both teams reaching our goals for this challange.