Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Valentines Day Challenge.

View Full Version : W.O.W. Valentines Day Challenge.

jcatron243
01-01-2011, 06:08 AM
6 weeks from new years to Valentines day. I think this is a good time for all of us to revamp our food and exercise and make sure it works well for us.

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back

jcatron243
01-01-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm Jeni, wife and Mother of 2 (Mak is 7, Tommy is 5) I work a crazy schedule, 12 hour shifts. I was at my lowest weight 9 months ago. But after a series of events I lost control of my diet and exercise plan and ended up gaining back (gulp) 20 pounds that I had lost. I am taking back control of my life, and demanding some ME time.

W~I normally drink about 64-80 oz per day

E~I will do 35 minutes on my days ON and 60-120 minutes on my days off. I am going to try not to get too comfortable with one workout. I Will always incorporate running into a part of my workout.

E~I normally count calories, but I have chosen to spend some time testing out the waters of a various different types of weight loss systems. I will still watch calories, but for the next couple of weeks I am not eating starches at night. While eating 1500 calories or less

D~Usually I remind myself that I am worth the trouble. Plus I usually have some housework to do.

mothermavis
01-01-2011, 08:00 AM
I am Mavis, ditto alot of Jeni re losing control etc. My lowest weight in the last 20 years (since YS) was born has been approx 145. I plan to blow that out of the water this year.

I am 44, will be 45 in June at the mid way point of my year for me. I have two hugely stressful jobs, 2 kids in college (23 working on his Masters and 20 in his 2nd year, same college, lucky for me), a fabulous husband who is often jealous of me time and exercise (read threatened I think) and an 88 yr old father in law who I adore and needs my time each day as well, as much for company as care. Not sure how I am going to get it all done, but I am. This is the life God gave me, so he knows I can do it.

I will hit goal this year, no ifs and or butts-yes, pun intended! Goal is somewhere between 110 and 125, I will know it when I get there. I am recommitting to my life right here at 157. Let's go!

W 100
E 10k steps and abs
E Low carb, sensible fat and as many veggies a day as I can stand
D 364 days to goal!

dandimae
01-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi all,

I'd love to join if that's ok! I'm a SAHM of two little ones (K is 2 and L is 1, so I have my hands pretty full)! I was pretty active and doing well, but I just kind of fell off the wagon and went crazy. I've gained 15 pounds back and I'm not happy about it! So here I begin again with the resolve that this time I'm going to stick with it and make myself healthy.

W: My goal is to drink a gallon of water a day.

E: My gym starts up their exercise classes on January 10th so I'm going to go 5 days a week. I used to LOVE to go and have a little alone time; I don't know why in the world I stopped.

E: My plan is to eat more veggies and fruits. I will do fruits for breakfast, and I'm going to go vegetarian three days a week.

D: This week, I'm going to focus my daily goal on being more patient, especially with the kiddos.

I also am going to hit goal this year...I am so sick of being yucky!!! I'm ready to be healthy.

BunnyD
01-01-2011, 10:46 AM
These challenges are just what I need to stay focused. I am so thankful to have found this site. Support has been the thing I've lacked in the past, and I am hopeful it will be my key to success for the future!

Married to a wonderful man who also is committed to making the lifestyle changes necessary to be fit and healthy. Three college student daughters - one lives with us. A new puppy who is definitely keeping us in touch with nature, which will be great with exercising.

W: Not something I have been focused on in the past, but have a goal to drink my 64 oz. per day at a minimum.

E: Brought the Wii upstairs today to start a Wii Active program (6 weeks), which I hope will keep us on track and become a habit in that time.

E: Picked up my Weight Watchers books from last year. Going to either use these or consider going back to meetings with the new system. Points keep me accountable in a way nothing else seems to.

D: I owe it to myself and my family to be healthy. I want to feel better, move more freely, and not be so tired. I can change my life!

Nixmom
01-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Morning Girls... Valentine day it is.

Kris here, mom of 1, step mom of 3 more. I haven't made any serious attempts at getting healthy in about a year, even though I have tried to stay connected here recently. Hubby and I quit smoking TODAY! I have realized that I can't let him be an excuse or a weak point for me going back to it.

I am approaching the new year with a habit a week. This week, I'm getting my vitamins in daily! I am after 145 by my 40th birthday on July 4th. I have 184 days left! My weight this morning was 199. So lets see, I'm looking at 2.2 lbs a week to be on track. So 6 weeks X 2.2 is...(calculating) 13.2 lbs for Valentines day. Its a big goal. But I have you girls!

Jen, Mavie, love you girls!

Dandi, Bunny welcome to the weeders!
Here's my plan
W: 64oz daily
E: 15 of treadmill then 15 of stretching daily - get me limbered up!
E: Bootcamp diet. No dairy, no fruit for this 6 weeks.
D: One day at a time, just stay on task at each decision, dont worry about later.

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!

dandimae
01-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Nixmom,

Quitting smoking was one of the hardest and most rewarding things I've EVER done in my life. Congrats on your decision. You can do it! You deserve to be a healthy non-smoker! You can get through stressful situations without picking up a cigarette...YOU CAN!!!! Happy new year to you!

:hug:

kathrynk
01-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi! I'd love to join if you'll have me! I'm Kate and I am married with three cats who we consider children (yes, the infamous crazy cat couple). My husband is sort of supportive, but unwilling to do this with me, so I will really need the accountability here! He is very good at using the "but I think you're perfect the way you are, here have some ice cream" tricks. My goal is less about my weight and more about the fact that I have insulin resistant PCOS that was diagnosed at 13 and have been struggling with that since. My blood sugar levels are out of control even though I am on diabetes medication, so I'm going to try to control things through diet.

W: I drink way more than 64oz a day. I'd say on a normal day I drink 70-80oz and on a stressful day closer to 100oz. I always have to have a water bottle with me!

E: I take my parents dog on a walk daily (which may not seem like much, but it's through their property which is hilly and rocky and there are creeks to jump over!) and I plan on starting Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred today when I get home. I would like to someday start the C25K program, but I need clearance from my doctor for that because I have some pretty nasty knee problems.

E: I am proud to say that I started the first phase of Atkins this morning. I'm doing low-carb because of my insulin resistance. I have always carried my extra weight in my stomach (my legs and arms are beautiful, in fact, very toned). I'm hoping this will help me cut out some of that extra jiggle on my gut!

D: I can be the person I've always wanted to be. I am beautiful and this is the best choice I can make for my future! On a very vain note, I'm the MOH at my sister's wedding in June and the dress she has picked out for me is $400. If I'm going to be spending $400 on a dress (which is coincidentally more than I spent on my own wedding dress), I want to look as amazing as humanly possible!

rmc9142
01-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi Guys! I would love to join you on the journey. I'm Rita, married with two college-aged kids. I joined this forum two years ago and did a pretty good job of losing some of the weight for the first 4 months. Then the holidays rolled around and I totally lost my groove. So, here I am, back at about the same starting point as before. :cry: I found this forum to be a great way to be accountable, which is something I definitely need!

W: not my favorite thing, but I'll commit to 64 oz to start.

E: 30 mins on the treadmill each day

E: I count calories, so my goal is to make them quality calories - more veggies, less carbs

D: Going to spend some time on me - my business, my health, my happiness.

jcatron243
01-01-2011, 03:25 PM
hi everyone.welcome to the group. i willpost more later. just saying hi.

sduruji
01-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I love the acronym WEED. I am 44 years old...had a birthday yesterday, the 31st...my current weight is at 178.8 the heaviest ever. I am so upset. I am determined to lose this weight. This is due to a thyroid issue, but enough excuses...I must get busy!!!
W---I will drink sufficient water
E----I will exercise daily:carrot:
E----I am determined to eat properly
D---I will concentrate and affirm my goals

I appreciate this thread and wish everyone the very best as we work together toward a commom goal!!!!;)

Vienna
01-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Hello Everyone!
I have been reading this site for a few weeks, but just joined as a contributor yesterday. I am drawn to this thread because it emphasizes a positive, sustainable approach beyond calories and scale numbers.

I am 5'5 and 150 lbs. I feel best when i am in the 130s. I am seeking to make general health improvements as I prepare for the birth of my daughter in February! Let me clarify, my wife (thanks Canada!) is carrying our child - I am not trying to lose weight while pregnant.

Water - I do a decent job of drinking while at work, but not so much while at home. I have a liter bottle on my desk, and I normally go through one of those. I would like to increase that to two. I have water every night with dinner, but while I cook, I tend to snack on ingredients. This would be the perfect time to add another glass or two. (Goal - 2 liters at work, 2 large glasses at home

Exercise - I am making a positive move by canceling my gym membership. I have found that fitting in stretching and some light exercise daily at home is far more effective than a gym pass I feel guilty about not using. I am also going to start taking a ballet class once a week. That starts in late January and I am so excited. So the goal - 15 minutes of home-based movement 5x a week, and a weekly ballet class.

Eats - I do the cooking at home, so no excuses on this one. Compared to the average American diet, my eating is quite healthy. I cook from scratch most nights, and have leftovers for lunch. I am trying to increase the amounts of veggies, fruits, and whole grains, while decreasing refined carbohydrates. I am not so worried about fats - I eat the good kinds. Goal - Eat all the produce that comes in my CSA box each week. No more waste!

Daily - I am reflecting more on what impending motherhood means to me, and what gifts of health I can give my family. Imagine if an active life and whole foods were weaved into the fabric of who we are and how we love - it's all my family would ever know. So to make it a goal, I would like to spend at least 15 minutes each day thinking about family life, and how I can make it a good experience for all members (including myself)

Thank you for reading, can't wait to hear your stories
-V

Purplefirefly
01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
New year, perfect time to get active with a new group I guess...

W:4-6 Bottles Daily

E: Workout every morning, selecting from my chart

E: Stick to my whole foods time plan

D: Meet my daily work goals

jcatron243
01-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Dandimae :welcome: I'm on that gained weight wagon too. When I am on my game I workout tons and eat very very healthy. I let recent events derail me, so I am getting back to healthy.

BunnyD :welcome: Its so helpful when your spouse is in it with you. I've been with 3fc for so long its a part of my every day. Even when I'm not doing so hot.

Kathrynk :welcome2: Its nice your hubby loves you the way you are, and I'm sure he wants you around a while. :) I have a few cats :) (okay by few I mean 4 and we love them all!)

Rita :welcome2: I totally understand. I do well for several months at a time, then I get frustrated that I haven't reached my goal, then I start losing my motivation. I'm glad your back.

Sduruji :welcome: You can lose the weight! I found it easiest to start with small steps. Especially when it came to beginning to workout. I started at 15 minutes then added 2 minutes a week until I was at 30 minutes. I knew that if I went all out I would get tired of being sore and quit.

Vienna :welcome2: The birth of my daughter was my original motivator (7 years ago) but it wasn't until after my son was born that I completely gave myself the gift of health. Ballet is totally awsome.

Purplefirefly :welcome: I love your name, and glad you are a part of us!

:wave: Kris and MM!!

Time for me to eat. I'll post more in the morning.

Nixmom
01-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Heya ladies! Welcome to all the newbies to this thread! I know I've seen some of ya around the forum before.

Speaking of seeing... I am ready to poke my own eyes out. I am having the worst nicotine fit EVER and had to run here to refocus!!!! 24 hours no smoking just passed and it is a darn good thing that I don't live next to a mini mart because I would be puffing like a chimney if I did.

Ate like crap all day! I know this will be a challenge to lose weight while kicking the addiction. This first week I am focusing on not smoking and moving around a bit when I get ancy. Happy New Year's day girls. I'm glad you are all here!

Kris

jcatron243
01-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Kris, Keep up the hard work. I know you can do it!

I am feeling very confused by the days. I was thinking today was monday :) Oh well I can manage 2 more days of work. I'm getting ancy to workout. I am going to be working out after work starting tomorrow (since the gym isn't open for me this weekend. I will be taking my clothes with me and changing while Mak is getting ready for swim team. busy times are ahead for me (6 weeks worth anyway). Mak is going to be swimming and playing basketball, Tommy will be doing swim lessons and short sports (its a class they offer 3-5yo at my Y, they learn all sorts of sports.) plus cooking dinner every night AND getting in my workouts.

W 64 oz
E extra laps around the plant
E 1500 cals no startches at night
D have fun at work!

mothermavis
01-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Morning all!! Glad to see some familiar faces and so many new faces. I look forward to meeting you all!

Kris, I am so proud of you, it's hard, but you are stronger. I "smoked" straws when I was quitting for something for my hands and mouth to do. My hubby chewed toothpicks instead....I gave up the straws, but he still has a toothpick most of the time.

Yesterday was pretty good all in all. Did have a couple of beers and split an order of egg foo young which was the best of the bad choices for my low carb eating. It gets easier on Tuesday when I go back to the office.

W 100
E 10k steps and abs
E Today should be my first perfect day in a while
D One choice at a time

shiloh
01-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Okay..I'm *in*! It's so nice to have a support system like this at your fingertips. I am a complete newbie.
I am 48 and 5'8''. My ultimate goal-weight is 160 lbs. (sounds heavy - but I'm thin at that weight!)
I weighed in today at 194, so my goal in this 6-week challenge is to be 180.

W- 2 litres of water/day
E - treadmill 5x a week for at least 35 minutes. Three gym classes a week.
E - Follow the Simply For Life Plan - it's easy, non-depriving and works for me.
D - Work diligently on the *inside job* then everything will follow. Stick to my goals.

PS Where can I get a weight-scale post like you all have - that would help with motivation? Thanks!

shiloh
01-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Okay..I'm *in*! It's so nice to have a support system like this at your fingertips. I am a complete newbie.
I am 48 and 5'8''. My ultimate goal-weight is 160 lbs. (sounds heavy - but I'm thin at that weight!)
I weighed in today at 194, so my goal in this 6-week challenge is to be 180.

W- 2 litres of water/day
E - treadmill 5x a week for at least 35 minutes. Three gym classes a week.
E - Follow the Simply For Life Plan - it's easy, non-depriving and works for me.
D - Work diligently on the *inside job* then everything will follow. Stick to my goals.

PS Where can I get a weight-scale post like you all have - that would help with motivation? Thanks!

rmc9142
01-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Good morning everyone and thanks for being so welcoming.

I'm glad that others are finding it challenging to still be in weekend/holiday mode. I made some initial healthy steps yesterday - getting rid of the holiday goodies we still had in the house, took a long walk, drank some water, kept my calories down - BUT, I certainly wasn't in total "healthy living mode".

I pledge to be better today, even if I can't quite get totally into it until Monday when life goes back to normal. Better still beats the lifestyle I had before!

Hope everyone has a great day!

dandimae
01-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I was SO bad yesterday. I am already doing tons better today! I am doing a local, in-person weight loss competition and our initial weigh in was this morning, so I think that is having something to do with it. I made a huge salad and put it in the fridge so when I get hungry maybe I'll snack on that and not on anything bad that's here. :) I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast and I'm on the right track. I just have to drink all my water and complete my exercise and my daily goal is taking care of my dirty kitchen and I'll feel like I'm really ahead of the game.

Happy Sunday everyone! Shiloh, I think you have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts to add stuff to your signature. It just takes a little time.

WillsAngel
01-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Hellooo Ladies!!
Welcome to all our new ones!! I am Vikki - 39, mother of a 14 yo, girlfriend to Will. I suffer major depression so I am a sporadic poster at best. But I do real ALL the posts and try to do personals responses when I can.

my weed for today

w - 64
e - no appetite after binging yesterday but i will try to do minimum calorie intake.
e - cleaned house and put up christmas tree and put decorations together
d - continue on my journey

kathrynk
01-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty sure my husband is trying to give me a heart attack. He came home from work this morning and said he wanted to discuss joining the National Guard. He's a police officer, and that is stressful enough (although I'm not to the point of some of the wives who sleep with police scanners by their beds), and now he wants to join the Guard?! I grew up in an active duty Army family, did the whole moving to a different country every two years thing, my dad was gone for years at a time. I know that the Guard is different, but sheesh, can I get a break please?!

All that has led to a rather lazy day with me trying to keep my mind off of it. My eating has been great, but definitely haven't been moving like I should be. Any suggestions here? I've always been bad with exercising.

mothermavis
01-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Kathrynk, my son, who is working on his Masters is now talking about OCS, so I can commiserate. As for the exercise, anything that can get you off the couch, a walk, video, exercise on demand if you get it, dancing, Wii, whatever gets ya moving.

Nixmom
01-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi weedies... just checking in.

Kathrynk – 15 minutes of movement – you can do anything for 15 minutes. Set a timer, when it goes off decide if you want to do more or not. At least you get your 15 in a day (which usually results in 30 for me - if I'm already moving/sweating then why not). The whole exercise thing… in any form…. Seems easier to me in 15 minute increments. Hope that helps.

Wills – Welcome back! I’m 39 too and ready to be Fit by 40. I’ll do my best to remind you to post and to keep you on the happy side of things. We are glad you are here!!!

Dandi, Mavie, Jen :hug: thanks for the encouragement…. I am stronger and more determined than ever. I realize how many times I have “quit” and feel foolish that it was not longer lived or done more whole hearted. I got it this time! Looking forward to changing my signature every day!

I am headed for a super naughty fast food dinner. I have my meals planned and packed to start tomorrow. I am ready to hit the ground running in the AM! But for tonight.... after taking the kids home.... its gonna be food bliss then 8 hours of sleep!

Nite weedies.

jcatron243
01-02-2011, 09:12 PM
:wave: just a fly by I can barely keep my eyes open. post more in the morning.

Purplefirefly
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Okay, I am proud of myself! I did pretty good, but still tons of room for improvement...first day is always hardest for me, but now I have my confidence going and I want to do better tomorrow...

W: 4 or 5 bottles, lost count, but met goal either way

E: as perfect as I could possibly be today!

E: completely forgot about the morning exercise thing! Did reach 300 calories burned on wii, but didn't hit goal there either.

D: I would have hit my work goal but I got held up by a client...darn! Just puts more on my plate for tomorrow.

Tomorrow I want to not forget the morning exercise and get caught up with work. I can catch up even if that client still doesn't get back to me, it will just be a bit harder.

Soontobe
01-03-2011, 02:44 AM
Another newbie joining in! :wave:

I'm Sarah. I'm a 37 yr old sahm of 2 fabulous kids and I also do daycare out of my home. I have 75 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight and I think this challenge will really help me get going.

W - I have no idea how much water it is but my goal is to drink AT LEAST 2 of my big water bottles every day.

E - Minimum 20 minutes of exercise each day. I have Rhuematoid Arthritis so I have to start slowly there - most likely will just be walking to start with.

E - I'm really working on portion control for my eating plan, that's where I have the most trouble.

D - Just taking it one day at a time and not beating myself up if I slip up now and then.

I don't have a weight loss goal for Valentine's Day...I just want to stick to the WEED goals for now. :)

We can do it everyone!! :carrot:

jcatron243
01-03-2011, 05:49 AM
Shiloh :welcome: tell me about that Simply for life plan.

Willsangel: Nice to see you back!!

Kathryn: take exercise one step at a time. start off slow. It may not sound like enought, but build your stamina and muscles. 15 minute increments.

Dandi~I love having competitions at work. They are very motivating for me.

Kris~I hope you got some sleep!

Purple: great job on your water and food!

Soontobe :welcome2: I rarely set a weight loss goal. It took me 4 years to reach 60 pounds lost. (of course then I gained a bunch back) I never really met my goal, but I did learn what a sustainable goal was for me.

My official w/i will be tomorrow, but it is looking like I lost 3.5 pounds this week. I get to start back to working out after work today. I guess the Y was nuts yesterday so I'm sure afterwork today will be interesting. I jsut hope I beat the 5clock rush.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1500 cals
D dont feel guilty that I am not watching all of Maks swim team practice from the bleachers.

mothermavis
01-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Morning Chicks! Yesterday was a good day, weight was up anyway so need to get that figured out. I think I may need to weigh once a week instead of every day so the day to days don't freak me out.

Jeni, don't feel guilty, you are leading by example. Mak will benefit from a fit Momma!

Tomorrow I go back to work, but today is a me day with my college boys who are home for 3 more weeks. We are going to go shopping but mostly just to spend the day together!

W 100
E 10k steps, will not be too bad with the mall in there
E OP, lunch out will be a challenge, probably a salad of some type
D Relax & enjoy

Nixmom
01-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Happy Monday girls!

I just getting ready to leave for work. Day 3 smoke free! Gonna keep it that way. Scale WAY up this morning due to last nights horrific fast food binge AND hubby deciding to watch TV in bed. I am usually asleep by 930. At 11 I finally asked him to shut it off. Then he had coughing fits until 12:30. I am running on about 4.5 hour sleep. So not my style. But I'll catch up through the week!

Welcome soontobe! You will love it here. And the girls on this thread are fantastic leaders in healthy busy life land!

Purple- yay for your confidence boost! I am one day behind ya and hope to report the same at the end of the day today!

Okay girls. Off to work. Have a great day!

dandimae
01-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Whew! I feel like today I'm really getting back on track, even though I have SO much to do around the house. My DH went back to work today after being off for 4 weeks b/c he had surgery. We love each other, but we're not used to spending every minute with each other, so I think it'll be nice to have him back at work during the week.

W: one gallon...I'm already on my way. I'm a quarter into my first large cup! It's really helping that I've started taking vitamins; I drink a lot of water with them.

E: 45 minutes on the eliptical plus the housework that needs to get done today

E: it's a vegetarian day for me. Fruit smoothie for breakfast and I have my salads portioned and in the fridge waiting.

D: Today I'm going to take 20 minutes of alone time!

rmc9142
01-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope you are all well this Monday :blah:

W: 64 oz. I made it yesterday and know I can do it today.

E: Healthy calories!! Usually, I'm gung-ho to start off and have no problem keeping under my calorie limit, but I want to really try to make them as nutritious as possible this time around.

E - Already took dog for AM walk. My goal is to add a second one this afternoon, which should bring me to at least 60 mins of brisk walking. (My puppy has a LOT of energy!)

D - Catch up on work and not get so stressed about what remains to be done. I love vacation, but getting back to the grindstone is not fun!

dandimae, I totally agree - I love having my family around, but it's difficult when there's a change in routine. And four weeks is a long time! Glad your husband is back on his feet. My kids are home from school for another couple of weeks, so things are still a bit hectic here, but they'll be gone before I know it and I'll start missing them again. :D

Have a great day everyone!

Clykk
01-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi y'all, Carolyn here! :carrot:

I had to look back at my most recent post to see how long it has been. I discovered that my last challenge was the Valentine's Challenge in 2009! I was happy to see that my weight was what it is today. I did gain 10 pounds in 2009 and got it off last year, but I would like to get to 150 lbs as I am most comfortable at that weight.

My goal is a pound a week down which means 6 pounds by Valentine's Day.

Here we go:

W - 80 oz. a day (80 oz.)
E - Exercise 6 x week (Weights)
E - Body For Life eating plan
Cereal/Blueberries - 9 AM
Bagel/Protein Shake - 12 PM
Turkey Sandwich/Cucumber/4 After Eight sticks - 2:45 PM
Protein Bar - 4:45 PM
2 Turkey Dogs/Carrots/Yogurt - 9:30 PM
Chai Latte - 11:00 PM
D - This is a lifestyle change. Start now. Log in your progress as you go!

Off to the gym I go!

dollypie
01-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi Ladies,

I would love to join this group. I started exercising again at the start of December and I really think it helped me get throught the holidays and still lose 10 pounds. Usually it is the other way around. So I am hoping by Valentine's Day I can were a new dress for my husband on Valentine's day. My goal is to lose another 10 pounds. Currenlty I am training to do a half marathon on March so that is also my motivation. I am going to walk most and run some. Afterwards I want to get back into running but baby steps!

W - ok for this I am usually okay, but I am going to try and limit myself to only 1 Diet Coke a day.
E - Do my four miles on Tuesday and Thursday under an hour
E - 7 fruits and veggies a day
D - Prepare mentally for Sunday 7 miles!

Clykk
01-03-2011, 12:06 PM
I just weighed in at the gym and discovered I am 165 today, not 161 like I thought! I am hoping it is water retention, but either way, I haven't seen 165 in months. I'm not impressed!

emiloots
01-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey ladies!

For those who don't know me already a quick bio since I'm late to the party...My name is Emily, I'm 31 (on thursday), have two boys ages 4 and 2 with one on the way in June. I work full time, my DH is an engineer so he works and travels a lot (you'll hear me complain every now and then ;) ) For now my weight loss is on hold and I'm just trying to gain as little as possible this pregnancy since I'm already ~35 pounds overweight. My plan is to start Weight Watchers for nursing moms back up when this babe is out and get my body back!

Sorry with all he craziness of the holidays I haven't been on the past week. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday - for the first year we were home on Christmas morning which was really nice. I'm turning 31 on thursday, but as a nice present we (hopefully) get to find out the gender of this bambino on the 13th! Keep your fingers crossed for a girl ladies!

I'll try and catch up with personals soon, nice to see so many new 'members' of the group - the WOW ladies are great!

dandimae
01-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Emily, I almost had a heart attack when I read that you were finding out the gender of baby number 13 and not the gender of the baby on the 13th! I guess that's what I get for trying to read when my kids are trying to get my attention! LOL

TIARA
01-03-2011, 08:09 PM
hello ladies... too many to name by name but hello everyone..
My name is tiara and im from hawaii.. Im 22 gonna be 23 on feb 13 and am in desperate need to loose all my hoilday weight. i weighed in this morning at a shocking 251.. yes i gained 20lbs. Oh my... any way i have no kids and i work . i hope to be back down to the 30's by my bday
w 64oz
e none for today but will start 2mo
e 1200 calories starting phase 1 of sb.. let us pray for strength..
d finish cleaning out last of hoilday junk out of the house...

Nixmom
01-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Emily, I almost had a heart attack when I read that you were finding out the gender of baby number 13 and not the gender of the baby on the 13th! I guess that's what I get for trying to read when my kids are trying to get my attention! LOL I laughed out loud when I read that you read it how I read it. Guess we both should slow down or Emily is gonna be a super busy mamma!

Hey Chicks,

I did it. I got on the treadmill today. 1st exercise seriously in 6 months or better. I didn't want to, but I did.... for 30 minutes even! and ran 2 60 second chunks. I forgot how good it feels to sweat!

Victory #2 is day 3 of no smoking. I usually would patch up, but I went cold turkey this time. I think having the nicotine out of the system (I think 48 hours it takes) seems to be the key. I loved me some patches but I had to take it off and go straight to bed or I found myself craving into the night.

Work was a nightmare today. 3 greivances filed, 2 additional discipline actions underway, and I didn't get to do anythiing I had lined out. I felt like quitting, but made it through, came home, did 30 minutes and lived to tell about it.

Okay... I'll stop babbling... (I'm just excited about getting through life!)
Have a great night, and stay strong girls!

WillsAngel
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Way to go everyone!!! I am envious of those of you who are training for half marathons and doing the c25K~~ My knees totally cannot handle that!! Zumba twice a week is bad enough on them, thank goodness for elliptical machines!!

Emi - I am definately crossing my fingers for a girl for you!!
Nixmom - Awesome job on going cold turkey - I keep seeing this thing online called 'smoker's ally' it is an electronic cigarette - have you heard of it?
JC - sounds like the kids are over there illness, thank goodness
Hi MotherMavis! happy new year!
Nice to meet you dandy and clykk!!

W - 96 oz
E - half hour weights and hour zumba class
E-1465 calories
D - get a good night's sleep

jcatron243
01-03-2011, 11:04 PM
MM~I hope you enjoyed your day with the kids.

Kris~I hope you made it another smoke free day! Great job getting on the treadmill. Soon you will crave the endorphines, NOT nicotine :)

Dandi~My DH was laid off for 3 months and the days we spent together were great for a while, but I'm glad he is back at work.

Rmc~I believe in calories in vs calories out, but I do not beileve 100 cals of sugar = 100 cals of fruit. I supose technically they are, but refined vs complex carbs its a no brainer to me.

Clykk~Glad to see you again!!!

Dollypie~:welcome: Half marathon!! Good for you. The most I've ran is 8 miles.

Emily~I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a girl. Have you picked out names yet?

Tiara~ :hug: I'm in the 20 pound gain club too. It happened very fast (I even worked out 3 times a week most of the time.) We can both lose this weight!

Willsangel~I agree thank goodness for ellipticals. It helps after a long day on my feet to even want to work out. Yes, the kids are all back to healthy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a good day WEED wise but a cruddy day work wise. It felt good to workout today. 37 minutes. Food has been awsome. Water is all drank. Now it is time to go to bed, I have an early morning date with Makenna and her dentist.

mothermavis
01-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Hey all! Glad to see so much activity!!

Kris, yay for moving it!

Jeni, had a great day with my guys and got over 15K steps!

Quick today, back to work!!

W 100
E 10k steps, walk at lunch but it's cold in the northeast, so we will see.
E Plan
D One thing at a time

Clykk
01-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Good Morning!

My WEED went pretty well yesterday. I met my goal of water and exercise, but slipped some with my diet. It's another day though. Here I go!

W - 80 oz. a day (56 oz.)
E - Exercise 6 x week (30 min. Cardio Run)
Protein Bar - 8:30 AM
Bagel/Protein Shake - 12 PM
Chicken nuggets/Carrots - 3:45 PM
Cottage cheese/blueberries - 6:15 PM
Smart popcorn/Cheese/Crackers/Wine/2 Handfuls of butterscotch chipits - 11:00 PM
D - Make a meal plan for today. Done! Now, follow it!

Purplefirefly
01-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Yesterday was not on plan, but not by choice. Around 11AM we headed out to get hubby a new car and ended up being there until 8PM!!!!! Long story, but I could not leave and the only food was vending machines full of junk and complimentary coke. I caved around 6:30 and got the kids a candy from the machine and convinced our sales girl to get me a bottle of water, but otherwise we were starving to death when we got out of there. Long story short, my weed didn't look real good and I'm not even gonna post it. We ended up eating fast food, but I had a veggie burger, so at least that was better than anything else on the menu :shrug: today has to be better. Staying home and doing everything on plan.

Okay... I'll stop babbling... (I'm just excited about getting through life!)
Have a great night, and stay strong girls!

Don't stop! I love reading posts like this where someone is all excited. It is very motivating to me. You have are on that beginner's high and it feels so great, right! I loved reading that you had that horrible day at work and still went home and worked out. That's what it takes to make it to the end...or so I think, coming from someone who has yet to make it :lol:

Clykk
01-04-2011, 08:25 AM
OK, I got a few minutes before I drive my son to school, so I thought I'd do some personals.

MM - Sounds like you had an awesome day with your kids. And 15K steps! :dizzy: I take it you went shopping like you said you might.

Purplefirefly - Don't you hate those days when nothing goes as planned? :?: Sounds like you did your best though. That's what counts.

WillsAngel -Hi right back atcha!;) What the heck is a zumba class?!

jcatron243 - Here's to another great intake of WEED for all of us, like you had yesterday! Pass it on!! :D

OK, gotta go! I think I'll sing my way out of this one.

I'm so glad we had this time together,
Just to have a laugh, or sing a song.
Seems I just get started and before you know it
Comes the time I have to say, “So long". :wave:

jcatron243
01-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Purple~The last two times I bought cars I have spent that long getting my car. I absolutely hate the process.

Clykk~I'm glad your back!

For you gals that don't know me I work 12 hour shifts on a very odd schedule. I switch every other week so right now I am on my long work week (fri-sun on) (tues off) (wed~thurs on) then I swithch I will have fri-sun off. . . .and so on. I love the schedule but it wreaks havoc on my workouts. I am on the go a lot. My daughter is on swim team and my son takes lessons (so I am at the Y m-f) So on my work days I pick the kids up and head straight to the Y. It got to the point where it was much easier to go to the McDs right outside the Y then to cook. I have a plan now to cook everything ahead of time. Today I am cooking 3 meals worth of chicken. I am pretty proud of myself. We haven't eaten out in over a week now.

Speaking of over a week. I had my official w/i today :) I am down 4.8 pounds since last monday. I'm going to love this since I never lose weight fast. usually its a half pound a week no matter what I am eating or how much I workout.

W 80 oz
E 35 minute run/2000 meter row/ weight circut/15 minutes elliptical Then maybe I will treat myself to a steam room visit. The one thing I love about the kiddos being in school is that I can get in a nice long workout.
E 1500 cals
D get my 3 meals cooked, get laundry done

dollypie
01-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Okay how did I sleep 45 minutes while my alarm was going off this morning?!? I must have been tired after my first day back to work after Christmas break. That meant I missed my gym workout this morning, but I am going home at lunch to back my gym bag and go right after work! No excuses I have to do 4 miles today!

rmc9142
01-04-2011, 10:06 AM
jcatron243, my husband is on a very similar schedule and, while we love the three day weekends, it really does create challenges. I really admire your discipline in getting your workouts in.

Purplefirefly, we can't control everything and I think part of really making a lifestyle change is learning how to deal with the curves that get thrown our way. You did great by choosing the veggie burger. Yay!

Yesterday did not go well for me. I did fine on water, but only fit 30 mins of walking in. I don't even want to discuss the menu. Although, a week ago, I wouldn't have though twice about what I ate. So, the fact that I was conscious of it, is progress. I'm going to use yesterday's slip as inspiration for today.

W - 64 oz
E - 60 mins walking
E - under 1400 calories
D - Finish some overdue work for my side business, so I won't have that hanging over my head

TIARA
01-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Jeni.. yes the 20lb gain club ..lol i hope to be out of it soon..

yesterday was awesome i met all my goals. I have one day past me and more to go but if i can keep up with everything im gonna be fine.
w 64+
e housework workout..3hrs...
e 1200 cal
d read n relax

dandimae
01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Kris, I think cold turkey is the best way to do it. I did a ton of research when I quit and everything said that substituting a nicotine product for cigarettes just keeps you addicted. It's super hard, but that's the way I did it and you can do it too!!!! Just take it one hour at a time if you need to! Seriously.

I've been ok today...W: I'm on my 3rd 32 oz cup of water.
E: all fruit smoothie for breakfast and big salad for lunch, I'm doing a good soup and salad for diner. It is SO hard for me to stay on track when I'm cooking regular food for the kids (they're under/low weight so they have regular fat everything and dr tells me to put cheese on everything for them) when I am REALLY watching what I'm eating.
E: I've been cleaning/organizing all day, so I've been sweating and working all day!
D: I am not going to bed until the dining room is finished, so that's my goal today. This is my biggest problem area and I am so sick of it!

On another note...I was reading another thread here on 3fc and some people were talking about how they didn't like Biggest Loser. Can anyone tell me why? I couldn't really get to the why they didn't like it, but it was the general consensus. I thought I'd ask here, cause I'm a little more comfortable with you all. I'm not trying to cause any controversy, I just really was wondering what the issue is with the show...Thanks!

jcatron243
01-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Dandi~I don't know for sure but I think the basic idea is the way the people lose their weight. I will say I have never watched a show. Not because I don't like it. I love how it inspires people to do things they never thought possible. I just don't watch a lot of tv. So take what I say knowing that. I heard that the people on the show are severly restricted on their diet (Ive heard less than 1200 cals which isn't healthy) and exercise for like 8 hours a day. so the idea of unhealthy weight loss is why some people dont like the show.

rmc~we all have hiccups. the trick is to not let it ruin your day/week/month.

Tiara~WE know what works for us lets do it! You do great at walking and the Wii right? I need to become the gym rat that I was.

Dolly~I hope you got in your 4 miles.

my workout is good I was almost right on my plan, but I skipped 5 minutes of my elliptical because I did 5 minutes on the arm pedal machine. food has been alright. after 9 days of not eating out I had to give in and hit McDs for breakfast. I thought I was on time with everything, but It turns out I waited to long to wake the kids up. I forgot my coffe and yogurt. I'm still doing ok though. I will still come in just under my 1500 calories.

Purplefirefly
01-04-2011, 09:09 PM
On another note...I was reading another thread here on 3fc and some people were talking about how they didn't like Biggest Loser. Can anyone tell me why?

I know there are a lot of people who don't like the show, but I really love it. I find it very motivating, but you have to put it into context for what it is. The people on the show give up their entire lives and have nothing to focus on every day but working out and watching their food and water intake. All stresses of daily life are gone...so it's not realistic for people like us to lose like they do.

There are criticisms about how fast they lose the weight but there are people in real life who lose it just as fast...and a lot of people from the show keep the weight off and look great years later, so obviously it isn't too unhealthy.

I just use it for motivation. I do not try to copy their methods and I am smart enough to understand that I'm not going to drop 100 pounds in the next two months. You just have to take it for what it's worth and not try to relate it to a real life losing situation...because they are not living real life while on the ranch.

Purplefirefly
01-04-2011, 09:11 PM
W: 4 bottles, goal met
E: 200 calories on Wii, nowhere near goal :(
E: right on plan, but I am really wanting to eat tonight so I am about to go to bed to avoid it
D: Didn't get all my work done tonight, but I am calling it quits early to avoid a binge.

The urge to just sit and eat myself to death is strong tonight, so I am quitting work early and going to watch biggest loser in bed...new season tonight! yay! Fresh motivation!

Nixmom
01-04-2011, 09:50 PM
hello little ones! Quick fly by and I'm off to do my chores. Day 4 no smoking. Hubby caved. I'm not gonna. I swear I shoulda done this years ago....

Okay... so be good, stay strong and I'll see ya in the morning....!

Ashley89
01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Hey Ladies!!!! How are you all! I am so glad i stumbled across this thread! I am so ready for the challenge!! I am 21, mother of two (DS 3yo, DD 2months)
So i am VERY busy lol. nice to meet you all! My Goal is to Lose 13 lbs by feb 14th.

W- this is all i drink. Nothing else. water all day long. So i'm not sure how much that is..
E-30-35 min cardio 7x/week
E- 1200-1250 cals a day
D- Spend more time with the kiddos.

TIARA
01-05-2011, 03:56 AM
welcome ashley...

Hey did anyone try that new extra mint chocolate chip sf gum? I got it 2day and i must say i like it. only downside is it makes my whole purse smell like it..If you guys are looking for a low cal dessert fix you cant go wrong with it its only 5 calz

jcatron243
01-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Purple~I hope you enjoyed the show! I hope you avoided your binge.

Kris~Good job on day 4!!! Lets make it day 5.

Ashley~ :welcome: wow two little ones that close, you are definately busy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to work today. I think I am getting a cold. definately have the sniffles today. Anyway my swim lessons went really well last night, Tonight swim team and short sports YAY.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes cardio
E no starches at night 1500 cals
D Not to get too irritated with people at work. I'm sorry but Monday was terrible, a cross between PMS and stupid little girls. ERR Today will be better. I came up with a plan to save my company $1000's of dollars AND at least 144 hours of down time per year!! I get to talk to our quality manager about it today!!

mothermavis
01-05-2011, 05:56 AM
I am cranky and stressed. Horrible first day back to work yesterday. Today will be better.

W 100
E 10k steps, did not get there yesterday. Will today
E OP
D Try to relax

Purplefirefly
01-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I am proud of myself I did not cave and eat last night, even with sick kids and not getting to sleep until after 3 AM! The kids are back in school today, but my son is home with pink eyes. I feel very focused today because it's looking like I will meet my weight loss goal for the week. Yay! I really had a lot of self doubt that I could get back in the swing of things. I'm striving for perfect weed today.

rmc9142
01-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Purplefirefly, great job on sticking to plan under stressful circumstances!

mothermavis, you have the right attitude! I hope today is a better day for you!

W: 72 oz
E: 30 mins walk and 20 min floor
E: under calorie limit
D: work, work, work!

dollypie
01-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Okay made to the gym yesterday and did my 4 miles in 58 minutes that is a new record for me! I felt so great afterwards that I put up all the Christmas decorations. To get back on my schedule I did hit the gym again this morning for weights only though. It is a tough workout though. I am going to relax tonight with my family over an Italian dinner. Turkey meatballs with whole wheat pasta and a salad.

W: Already have drank 40 oz with my workout and have my big glass of tea at my desk!
E: Strength training 30 minutes - Done!
E: 7 fruits and veggies
D: Put up our Valentine decorations tonight!

Clykk
01-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Chickadees!

Purplefirefly: I so relate! Awesome self-care getting yourself off to bed BEFORE slipping off plan! Now, I must do the same!

mothermavis: Oh, don't you hate how emotions can mess up the best intentions! :dizzy: Breathe, breathe, breathe. This too shall pass.

I've got a busy day ahead. My DH has opted not to go to the gym today, so I will go by myself. I get very invested in him coming as he is very overweight. But, it is his journey and I need to focus in on my own journey, so I send him love and continue on with my plan.

My WEED went pretty well yesterday, except for the usual problem of eating off plan at the end of my night. AARGH!! What to do, what to do! I know! I will make some high protein muffins and save them for my last meal of the day. I enjoy those. They feel like a guilty snack, but they are right on plan.

Ooh, I feel a song coming on! A slight modification of Michael Buble's song:

It's a new dawn!
It's a new day!
It's a new life on WEED!
And I'm feeling good!

Let's do this! :carrot:

W - 80 oz. a day (72 oz.)
E - Exercise 6 x week (20 min. Cardio/Bike)
Cereal/Blueberries- 9:45 AM
Bagel/Protein Shake - 12:15 PM
Protein Bar - 3:15 PM
Turkey Sandwich/Red Pepper - 6:30 PM
Chocolate Chips (5 handfuls!!)/Popcorn- 9:30 PM
Protein Bar - 11:00 PM
D - Make a meal plan for today. (DONE!) Now, follow the plan!

emiloots
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Evening ladies!

Nix - yay for you, keep up the good work!

Clkk - good for you going to the gym without your DH. You're right, it's a decision he needs to make for himself unfortunately.

dollypie - that dinner sounds delicious!

Seems I need to check in more often, already 2 pages since I posted! Nothing exciting here, my 'weigh' day is tomorrow, still trying to get back to a normal diet since the holiday over indulgences. Hope everyone has a great night!

dandimae
01-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi gals!

Been going, going, going all day today so I haven't had a chance to stop and say hello! Still trying to get the house finished for company tomorrow afternoon and I'm almost there. My WEED for today was pretty much the same as yesterday and I've done great. Now if I can just not eat anymore tonight, I'll be good. I weighed for my competition this morning and I am up a pound but then I started my period, so I'm not too worried!

Hope everyone has a great night and I'll post again tomorrow!!!

Blinded Grace
01-06-2011, 02:25 AM
I am a total newbie. I really like this challenge! I start school on valentines day! and would love to have some progress by then. I am Rebeka I am 18 years old and a freshmen in college. during the semester I gian weight. and I refuse to gain weight anymore. I want to be able to fight the freshmen 5 lb take on. I have a problem talking to people verbally on how i feel, yet when I write i apparently can tell ppl how i am feeling wiht out trying to. my main goal is by march 17th my b-day I want to be able to lose 10 inches, so i look better in photo graphs.
W- i want to drink everyday at least 3 bottles of water (atm i drink about one)
E- when I get my zumba which I ordered today I want to do that everyday! I also want to do various other exercises.
E- I am trying different way of dieting. i am doing a moderations of the fast 5, which from 12 to 5 I can eat and if i am hungry before or after i can eat celery
D- I want to be able to lose at least 15 pounds, or 8 to 10 inches on my waist.(by the end) I want to be able to talk to my mom and my dad and my sister more easily

jcatron243
01-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Purple~ :woohoo: You did great!

Dolly~great job on your 4 miles and making a new record.

Clykk~My DH needs to lose some too. His idea of a diet is crazy, but it works for him. He hasn't been able to get to the gym in so long though.

Em~I hope you have a good weigh day.

Dandi~I'm up a little today too, I think I ate too much sodium yesterday. Plus it is about time for my midcyle gain.

Grace :welcome: Your diet sounds interesting. Just don't let it become a binge experience and don't go below 1200 cals just for health reasons.

Today the scale is up, but stress from yesterday and mid cycle crud is here. I'm not too thrilled, but I have been "dieting" long enough not to let it break my stride.

The gym was CRAZY last night. I was lucky to get an elliptical for 30 minutes, but I couldn't do a cool down because my time was up.

Tonight I am hoping to get into the gym, but it will only be for a quick 20 minute burst. I hope I can get a treadmill, but I will take anything. Then Tommy has swim lessons.

W 64 oz
E 20-25 minutes
E 1500 cals no starches
D Don't let the people at work bother me.

mothermavis
01-06-2011, 05:53 AM
Morning all!! Not much times for personals. Hope everyone is well.

W 100
E 10k steps (got over 11k yesterday!) crunches
E OP
D Try to love me!

Oh yeah, I've decided to stick with the plan, work my butt off and not weigh til Martin Luther King Day.

dollypie
01-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Jeni - I know the gym has been crazy with the New Year's I will start to die down in a few weeks so that will be good.

Our gym is expanding and should start classes in March so I am getting excited about that! Has anyone tried spinning before? I thought I might give it a try. My dinner was great last night all for around 500 calories too. Tonight is leftover so that should be easy all I have to do is steam the cauliflower.

4 miles after work! I really want to beat my record from Monday.

Everyone have a great day!

emiloots
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
PrePregWeight: 164.0
1st trimester (5-13 weeks): 165.4 (+ 1.4)
14 weeks: 167.0
15 weeks: 169.0
16 weeks: 169.4

Not too bad, trying to keep it under 170 for the next few weeks. Christmas week gave me a nice 2 pound gain! I'll check in tonight for personals - have a great day ladies!

Clykk
01-06-2011, 01:08 PM
A shout out to everybody!

Didn't even want to post today. NOT GOOD! So, I will congratulate myself for this post. Now, will I follow it tonight? There's the million dollar question? :D

W - 80 oz. a day (24 oz.)
E - Exercise 6 x week (Lower Body Weights)
Cereal/Blueberries- 9:30 AM
Banana Protein Muffins- 12:00 PM
Cottage Cheese/Crackers/Cucumber- 2:30 PM
Turkey Sandwich/Red Pepper - 6:00 PM
Banana Protein Muffins - 9:00 PM

TIARA
01-06-2011, 08:19 PM
hey everyone.. Im really proud to say i got in 2miles of walking. Slow and steady and ill be able to do more next time. hope you all got your exercise in today...if not there is always 2mo.

w 64oz
e 2miles..done
e 1200 calz sb phase 1
d read n watch greys anatomy....

Vienna
01-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi guys - Sounds like everyone has had an engaging week!

Water: So I thought the water bottle on my desk was a liter. Turns out it is 600ml. I really need to drink 3 of those during the day, not just one.

Eating: I have found myself eating way to little this week. Two weeks ago I stopped taking an elective medication. One of the side effects of this drug was an increased appetite. That is not why I stopped it, as during the two years I took it I learned how to recognize true hunger. The problem is now my appetite is much less. My normal strategy of "eat when you are hungry" is not working, because now I can go hours and hours without food. I just need to learn how to work with my current physiologic state.
Exercise: I have been doing some great walking, and two days ago I spent an hour hacking up the Christmas tree with a hand saw. That totally counts :)
D: Had some quality time stretching and laughing with my wife a couple nights ago. Doing yoga with someone who is 34 weeks pregnant is so enduring.

Enjoy the duration of your week!

jcatron243
01-06-2011, 10:44 PM
MM~Hi!!! Work Hard!!!! I'm journalling my weight along with the food I am eating just to see how certain things affect me.

Dolly~I did spinning once. the classes at my gym get pretty full. Its an awsome workout, but it took me 60 minutes walking on the tread to loosen my legs up afterwards! It takes a while to get used to the moves, but once you do you will love it!

Em~I think your weight is great!

Clykk~I hope you had a good day!

Tiara~Great job on the 2 miles! The first time I ran in a while I thought I was going to die. I was so disappointed with myself for losing stamina, but I was glad to get back on the tread!

Vienna~I eat a little bit every couple of hours. You can get some good protein in cheese, or a yogurt. It doesnt have to be a lot, but make sure you are getting enough. That hour hacking up the tree definately counts. WOW!

Today was good for me. I got in a 22 minute interval run. Then DH suprised us by coming home an hour early to see tommy swim. He hasn't seen him swim in 3 months! Food was great. We had subway tonight because I didn't have anything made up. I had a salad and soup. MMMM. It ended up being about 600 cals, but I still fell well within my range. I didn't get one of my breaks today so that took out 200 cals.

Tomorrow starts my weekend OFF!!!!! I am so ready.

mothermavis
01-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Supposed to get another foot of snow this weekend, so tomorrow is a snowshoeing day!!

W 100
E today will be 10k steps, just did my crunches
E OP
D Finally Friday, planned to work in the RE office tomorrow too, but thinking will take a snow day and the above snowshoeing trek...

Purplefirefly
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
I am here still! Just had a very bad day from start to finish yesterday and everything fell to pieces:

W: 2 bottles

E: not on plan but not horrible either, did the best I could with intense stress (I am a stress eater)

E: None

D: I got some work done, but I am way behind for my weekly goal. Make up will have to come on the weekend.

This weekend has to be better than this week has been :( I am mentally exhausted

jcatron243
01-07-2011, 08:38 AM
MM~snowshoeing sounds awsome!!

Purple~ Sorry you had a bad day. I hope today is better for you.

Day off finally! Today is going to be full. I will take mak to school then workout for an hour. while Tommy is in the childcare room. Then I will shower and head out shopping. I have a ton of stuff to get that will help me with lunches while I am at home. I have a terrible time staying on plan when I am at home (foodwise). I'm so ready to go workout though. Then after my shopping trip it will be time for lunch and starting laundry and cleaning house. I would like the house clean so when we go out this weekend I don't have to worry about it. :)

W 80 oz
E 35 minute interval run (if I can get a tread) 2000 meter row 15 min weights
E 1500 cals no starches at night.
D stay OP!

lisa34t
01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Hello ladies
My name is Lisa; I’m a 22 year Business Management student. I will start my last semester of undergrad on the 18th. I am not new to 3fc but I’m on new journey and determined to be successful. I have no children but I’m like 5 sizes bigger than my friends that do. I’m done with 24/365 bad eating and living choices! SOOOO… I’m here again! I like the vibe of this forum and I’d like to join in the fun and success. So I made this decision on Saturday at 231.4, but officially started on Monday at 230.4 and today 229.0!

SO:
W: 60oz
E: 50 min on treadmill, Try to make the abs class
E: Special K & 2%, Turkey Sandwich, Grilled Chicken Breast and Salad
D: Prepare myself mentally for this journey. I’m praying for patience and endurance, not just for this diet but life in general. Also this year I want to be wiser with my finances.

Ladies have a great day!

jcatron243
01-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Lisa :welcome: I'm so glad you found us!!

My workout was awsome. My intervals were 2 minutes at 3.9 mph then 1 min each at 6mph/5.5mph/5mph. I did that for 30 minutes and boy can I feel it! I haven't ran at 6mph in 8 months!

Now its time for yogurt and a shower (not together of course :)) then shopping.

tomsgirl34
01-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I am 47 years old, married, and mom of three teenagers. I'm a little late to this six week goal, but I like the idea of working towards a good goal for February. I got on the scale today for the first time in a year. I expected to be terrified, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Not that 213 is good, but I've been heavier. My husband said, "Sweetheart, just look in the mirror. The mirror never lies". Anyway, for WEEDS.

Water - That's no problem for me. It's my favorite beverage, which is probably the only reason I am not heavier.

Exercise - Today it's going to be tough to fit it in, but I plan, starting tomorrow, to put in at least 30 minutes of cardio, either walking, riding the bike, or zumba.

Eats - I've done WW before, so I'm doing a combo of things. I'll be watching points (blew the dust off my WW book) and adding some variety for times when I'm rushed with slimfast shakes.

Daily goal - Today we are celebrating our daughters 16th birthday and she requested that we go to her favorite mexican restaurant. I already checked out their menu online and have my healthy selection made. I'm not going to waver...even if they wave that incredibly delicious queso con carne underneath my nose. I'll take a swig of my water with lemon each time I feel the urge to reach for a chip. :)

I look foward to coming back here every day! Make it a beautiful day everyone!

Clykk
01-07-2011, 01:55 PM
lisa34t and tomsgirl34: :cheer: Good choice joining us stoners! What's with the matching number of 34, I wonder?:welcome3:

jcatron243: :beach: Do find some time to kick back and relax now, hear? It's my day off as well. Like you I got my interval run done, but no shopping for me quite yet as the car is not available. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to kick back! :woohoo:

Purplefirefly: :sunny: Here's a little sunshine. Hopefully, it will help to make your weekend less stressful and more sunny. :hug:

mothermavis: :snow4: Where are the winter sport Smilies for us folks who get all that white fluff?! What great exercise that snow gives us, even if it's just bringing the dog out for a walk in winter boots. No, even better...the sweat that you break just getting all your winter gear on! Double that when you have little ones that you have to help bundle up first! I'm glad I'm past those days. That always took such great mental energy just to will myself to go on an outing! But, I digress. Have fun on your snowday! :snowglo:

Vienna: :preg: Exercise for the three of you. Great idea! :bb:

TIARA: :running: Way to go! Keep on trekking, girl! :broc:

OK, can you totally tell it is my day off! I actually have time to do some Personals and add copious amounts of Smilies too!:coffee2:

I haven't formally introduced myself, so here goes.:blah: I am married with a 12-year old DS and two older step children who are on their own now. I have a 2 year old Shih-tzu named Daisy who exercises me every day in case I don't get to the gym. I am a full-time private singing teacher with 50 students which has me working Mon - Thurs evenings and Saturday during the day. I also play the piano and sing, mostly at Senior's Residences, about twice a month. Hence, why I tend to break out in song.

I finish work around 9:30 PM and finally yesterday, I did much better staying OP eating-wise at the end of my night. :yay:. I admit to having 2 glasses of white wine (which is a lot for me, I don't drink often):dizzy:, but I didn't go off-plan eating-wise. To me that is a win.:cheer2:

Today is my free day, which means I can eat what I want when I want.:chockiss: It's part of my Body For Life program to shock the body:fr:out of its usual routine so it will be willing to release some fat cells.:angel:

I had a great interval run this morning and am about to head off to the bubble bath next.:bubbles: Have a peachy day ladies! I know I will!!:flow1:

WillsAngel
01-07-2011, 06:18 PM
OMG MY puter had a virus!!!! arggghh, had to take it in to be fixed. I am so glad to see everyone posting!! All of us are so busy working our programs and meeting our goals!! I am PROUD of all of you!!!

w - 64 oz
e - off day today - my body HURTS
e - right at 1207 - will have a light dinner tonight
d - meet my first weight loss goal by friday next week

Zumba is a dance exercise class set to Latin Music :-D

Nixmom
01-07-2011, 07:10 PM
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I so lost my footing! Had 6 days under my belt no smoking then puffed 2 last night and 2 today. I done AGAIN and they tasted like crap. I cant believe I caved!

So... back on track. Getting some rest after a crazy week. Hope you all are well.

Welcome newbies!

Back later chicks!

jcatron243
01-07-2011, 07:56 PM
tomsgirl~ :welcome: Your going to do great with our group.

Clykk~relaxing isn't in my nature. but I did have to slow down, after grocery shopping I had a bout of nausea and now I am drained. :( (I am not pregnant )

Willsangel~I hate it when my pc gets sick. Luckily my dad is a genius and fixes it for me.

Kris~Keep at it. Your body will be so thankful once you finally kick it.

So as I said, I had another bout of nausea today. I guess its time to get checked for an ulcer. I'm taking some acid pills and will head back to my stupid doctor. I'm a little off on my eating because I had to munch on saltines while I picked the kids up from school. The nausea is gone, but I'm so drained now.

I'm not taking Mak to swimming tonight. I hate having her miss practice, but I'm just not up to it.

lisa34t
01-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Hello ladies,

Thanks for the welcome ladies!!!!!!!!!!

I have about two or 3 hours before I go to sleep and Im at 54.0z so far and Im sure I will drink another. Therefore, Im sure I will meet my water intake goal. I went to the gym and did 50mins on the treadmill despite all the drama that tried to hinder me!

jacatron- sorry you feeling well, I hope its better tomorrow.

clykk-lisa34t is a name aol gave me a long time ago and it just stuck, but is a big coincidence that me and tomsgirl34 arrived at the same time! And enjoy your free day!

tomsgirl- Good luck, Mexican is one of my fav without a doubt! Im glad to hear they have a special section!

DiamondAries21
01-07-2011, 10:59 PM
I am new to this forum but I am ready to share my weight loss process as I begin it. I am ready to be fit for the summer and enjoy living in my body. A healthier and happier me is most important, losing weight isn't about what others think of me, but more of what I think of myself.

I am going to challenge myself to lose 12lbs resulting in a weigh in at 171lbs!!

January 7, 2011 - Current weight is 183.6

*** MINI GOAL ***
February 14, 2011 - 171lbs

April 01, 2011 - I hope to be in the 150's
May 17, 2011 - I hope to be in the 130's

Good Luck to all in their weight loss journey, I wish you all success!

TIARA
01-08-2011, 04:24 AM
Vienna... Wow hacking the xmas tree not only sounds like a good way to burn some calories but also some pent up stress.. i once did a little hacking myself. i cut down a banana tree it wasnt easy and boy did my arms hurt the next day..
Jeni... your always an inspiration.. i love the fact that you keep your kids in a lot of activities. My mom had us in soccer when i was younger i was pretty good but then we moved and i never got back in it.
mavis... Snow oh what fun... its been very chilly here but no where near freezing.
Lisa and tomsgirl and diamond.. welcome looking forward to getting to know you
Clykk... You sound like a fun teacher. I cant sing but that doesnt stop me from doing it..lol Some kids had an imagenary friend well... i had an imangenary audience..lol im serious i would sing the chip munks xmas song in my yard all day stoping only to flip the tape. untill oneday it magically disapeared..lol...
Kris... dont give up you just need to take it one day at a time and stay away from other who smoke..

Well im in a good mood.. im seeing my scale numbers slowly going down and now my goal doesnt seem so far fetched. One day at a time and soon ill be in my skinny jeans. ive been hearing a lot about the skinny b****books . Im gonna borrow it and see what all the fuss about it is. The title sure draws you in..
w 64++
e none
e 1200calz phase 1 sb
d go to bed early well its 11:22pm guess thats out the window.. chat with yall soon.. goodnite..

Clykk
01-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Morning stoners!

Mmm, my day off yesterday was divine! I feel recharged and ready to smoke some more WEED.;)

I start teaching in an hour, so a quick check in is all I have time for.

W - 80 oz. a day (16 oz.)
E - My one day off from exercising
Cereal - 9:00 AM
Strawberry Protein Shake - 11:30 AM
Banana Protein Muffins/Cucumber - 2:00 PM
Chicken Salad - 5:00 PM
Cottage Cheese Berry Parfait- 7:30 PM
Protein Bar/Carrots - 10:00 PM

emiloots
01-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Morning Ladies - Just a quick check in! Hope everyone's doing well and has a great weekend on plan!

Kris - I know it's hard but you can do it!!!

Jeni - hope your doc can figure out whats going on, hope you're feeling
better!

Tiara - feeling good and seeing the scale go down - doesn't get much better than that, keep it going!

Wills - my DH is the techie in out house thank goodness!!

Welcome Diamond, tomsgirl and lisa!

WillsAngel
01-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Goood Morrrniingg!!!!!
Well I am 2 lbs away from my first weight loss goal!! I am seriously tempted to cut off my dreads because they have to weigh at least 5 lbs :-D
I am trying to figure out how to post a pic. I had to laugh hysterically when I got to Zumba class this week because there were 20 people there when it is usually just 6 or 7, wonder how long they will last!!

I envy you all that have techies in the family, I think if i tried to fix my computer I would inadvertently make a bomb.

Welcome to all you new ladies!

W - will hit 64 + today
E - treadmill and yoga
E -1500 calories
D - not being discouraged by my fat shifting

jcatron243
01-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Lisa~I'm glad you made it to the gym. I always feel like I can accomplish anything after a good sweaty workout!

Diamond~:welcome: You are absolutely right about weight loss. If I was doing it for the way I looked to others I would have quit long ago.

Tiara~I'm glad you are seeing your numbers drop. I saw a great drop so far in my 13 days OP I have lost 5 pounds. I am going to switch my diet up on the 12th. I would really love to be back to the low 140's by March.

Clykk~ Your eating plan sounds a lot like mine on work days. I have 5 20 minute breaks, so I eat a little at each break. Yogurt, fruit, soup or salad, more yogurt, and veggies, then I have a Good high protien meal.

Emily~I think if my doctor was a good doctor he would have already figured it out. I'm trying to find a new doctor. I have 2 in mind that I will call tomorrow to see if they take my insurance.

Willsangel~Ahh the wonders of the New year!!! I love seeing so many people making themselves healthy by going to the gym!!!! In my experience the rush usually lasts until Valentines Day, then you see those who are in it for the long term. (I've been a member of my gym for 4 years).

I got in a good nights sleep last night, but I'm still a bit drained. Back to taking zantac 2 times a day and hopefully I will feel better within a couple of weeks.

Going shoe shopping today for my boy and maybe myself. I seriously need some new shoes too. Haircuts too. Then we will hit costco, its only been 1 week, but I am already out of chicken. I have come up with some really good ways to eat chicken and veggies without making it too terribly boring for my DH. I can eat the same thing every day, but him....Nope.

So I am taking today off from working out. If I get home from shopping by 5 I may go for a quick run, but I doubt I will. I wish I had a treadmill at home so It didn't take so much out of my day to go for a quick run. I am getting one, its just a matter of when.

W 80 oz
E no gym today
E 1500 cals no starches at night
D Have a good day with my family.

mothermavis
01-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Jeni, hope you get it all done!

I had a fabulous time snowshoeing today with my older son! I am dragging now...we got about 10 inches of snow. It is gorgeous...we needed it too. Helps keep the ground insulated so all my flowers make it to spring. :carrot:

Back later I hope, gotta go give the dog his shot

mothermavis
01-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Hope everyone has wonderful Sunday plans to do nothing.... I am headed to church in a couple of hours for services and the annual meeting. That always takes a couple of hours but it has to be done. Hoping to snowshoe again this afternoon. We shall see.

W 100
E 10k steps, maybe some snowshoeing, crunches
E op
D Balance

jcatron243
01-09-2011, 09:34 AM
MM~ I didn't get haircuts done, but we got shoes and costco done. We don't get a lot of snow here, but they are calling for a snow event this week. (Wed and Thurs) there are people freaking out. Not me.

Yesterday was a suprise celebrate my birthday day. :) Its not until Friday, but I will be working that day so no celebrating. We ended up going to the rainforest cafe (which is my favorite). I didn't watch my cals. I just enjoyed the day. Today will be back on track.

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes if I can sneak away
E 1200 cals make up for over eating yesterday
D house work ew.

Nixmom
01-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Good morning weedies!

I am taking the rest of today to regroup. My FIL is living outside my backdoor effective yesterday. He has 60 days to get his poop in a group or move on. I have been a little on edge about having to kick him out in two months already. Hence the smoking relapse. But I worth more than worrying myself into poor health. I have to let other people deal with the consequences of their own choices. I just hope we (hubby and I) did the right thing by giving him a shot to get on his feet. Its been a strange and strained relationship to say the least.

Tiara – I have to tell you, that when I look at your starting weight and see how far you’ve come it inspires me! I have been hovering within 5 lbs of 200 either side for YEARS and claiming I am “on it” this time. You may be losing slowly… but you are absolutely on your way. This is why I love the weeders. So many women of strength for the rest of us to take a lead from! Good work!

Wills – Get it! 2lbs away from a goal is fabulous! Can’t wait to celebrate it

MM – Clykk – Emiloots – Jcat – :hug:

Diamond and lisa34t – Welcome ladies! Lets do this!

Jen – I would love some chicken ideas. My hubby burns out too. And I could eat the same thing every day as well. Also, count me in on the team needing new shoes. After church today I am headed to find myself some new tennies so I get this fat show packin’. Glad to hear you enjoyed your early birthday outing! J

Alright girls. I’ll catch you all later or on the new thread tomorrow. Have a great rest of your Sunday.

Clykk
01-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Nixmom - Thanks for the hug! How did you know I needed one today? Right back at cha, cause it sounds like you need your share of hugs right now too! :hug:

jcatron243 - Yes, I was thinking the same thing about our eating plan. I try to eat every 2.5 - 3 hours and put a mixture of protein and carbs in each meal. The Rainforest Cafe. One of my favs too! VOLCANO!!!!!! ;)

mothermavis - I think snowshoe steps should count as double steps, don't you?:jig:

WillsAngel - I was just at yoga class this morning. I only do it once a week, but I find even that little amount keeps my back in great shape. How about you? :yoga: I have to say, this yoga Smilie is far from my experience in my yoga class. A stretching Smilie in the most awkward position is more my experience of yoga! :shrug: Thanks for the explanation of a Zumba class.

emiloots - I like your name, emiloots! It makes me wanna cheer, "Woot, woot, woot! Let's do this ladies!!" :cheer2::cheer3::broc::cheer:

I was on an emotional rollercoaster ride these past 24 hours :( :mad: :cry:, but I am happy to report that I am off the ride and feeling purged of something that clearly had to surface. It's all good.:dizzy:

My WEED:

W - 80 oz. a day - (24 oz.)
E - Yoga - DONE
Power Bar - 8:00 AM
Banana Protein Muffins/Chai Latte - 11:30 AM
Rye Bread/Egg - 2 PM
D - Two solid weeks of working out and doing your best eating-wise.:bravo:

Hawaii Bound
01-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi, I'm Julie and just joined today.

'm Jeni, wife and Mother of 2 (Mak is 7, Tommy is 5) I work a crazy schedule, 12 hour shifts. I was at my lowest weight 9 months ago. But after a series of events I lost control of my diet and exercise plan and ended up gaining back (gulp) 20 pounds that I had lost. I am taking back control of my life, and demanding some ME time.

W~I will try to drink 3 liters of water or Crystal Light a day.

E~I will go to the gym at least 5 days a week and lift weights and walk 3 miles a day.

E~I have not been counting calories but have been doing low carbs. I will not eat over 1,300 and will keep track of calories and low carbs.

D~This is the hardest part for me but I will read these threads every day to keep me inspired and tell myself that I am worth it.

mothermavis
01-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Welcome Julie!

Hope all is good for all, I am whacked off kilter today. Going to bed to wake up better.

Soontobe
01-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Well I haven't been checking in but I've been keeping up with my WEED everyday! (that's really funny typed out:D )

I've even added some weight training and so far it's working really well. I'll see if it needs some tweaking next week though.

Have a great Monday everyone and I'll try to be better about checking in daily!

mothermavis
01-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Monday is never my favorite...

W 100
E 10k steps and crunches (but not 10k of them)
E OP
D Relax, breathe

jcatron243
01-10-2011, 10:05 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/221941-w-o-w-valentines-day-challenge-week-2-a.html#post3644389

Here is this weeks thread everyone.