Alternachicks - Pigs Anonymous

View Full Version : Pigs Anonymous

mauvaisroux
11-15-2002, 04:34 PM
I have been very good this week :angel: but I am planning on eating pate, cheese and crackers,sausage rolls and veggies and dip and drinking some wine at my girls only soiree tonight :devil:

dentrassi
11-15-2002, 04:50 PM
Wish I could come too!!!

mauvaisroux
11-17-2002, 09:57 PM
I must confess that I :ink: out at Dim Sum today :( Oh well, at least I did not eat anything at the movies on Sunday afternoon.

ellis
11-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Curses. I just ate 3 boxes of chocolate covered almonds. Damn those school fundraisers. :mad:

ellis
12-06-2002, 07:11 PM
What a day. Two shrimp rolls (not the good ones... the deep fried ones), and a bunch of chocolates from a friend's European shop. I'd say at least 20. 10 of them were the kind that have liquor in them. Not mixed in with the chocolate... these ones... you have to put the entire thing in your mouth, because if you bite it, the liquor streams onto the floor. I like the whiskey ones the best. The cognac are good, too. And the rum. And the sherry...

I feel deathly ill. I keep hoping I'm going to catch that stomach virus...

ellis
12-06-2002, 07:14 PM
Darn... I KNEW there was something else... 4 bars of peanut brittle. Damn.

katrinabgood
12-07-2002, 08:24 AM
ellis, either you're hungover from the candy or going into a diabetic coma...

ellis
12-07-2002, 08:37 AM
:lol: You know, Kat, I DID feel a little tipsy after the first 6. I think they were equal to about 2 quick shots.

squeaker
12-07-2002, 07:31 PM
To go with the whole tipsy thing -
Found a wonderful drink on Webtender while trying to figure out what I can make with what was in my bar.

Sex in the Shower: (Where do they come up with these names??)
Ice
1 oz Blue Carcao
1 oz Butterscotch Shnapps
1 oz Triple Sec
2 oz Orange Juice.

Tastes yummy. On my first but I have a feeling it will not be my last for tonight.

My eating has been horrible today too, but that isn't anything new.

Lidian
12-07-2002, 08:44 PM
I have just had two large chocolate peppermint patties. I was going to save one but it got too lonely in my bag so it is now in my stomach keeping the other one company. AND we are having Indian takeout - samosas etc. Yum yum, it's Saturday so I have a free afternoon/evening. But I feel way too full.

And those patties really aren't THAT good. Why can't I remember that it is better to eat a smaller amount of really high quality chocolate? I know it, but I can't seem to remember it!

Tomorrow is another day Miss Scarlett - and I'm back on the grapefruit and oatmeal and minestrone thing!

Cheers to you all --

Lidian

dentrassi
12-07-2002, 08:44 PM
THAT sounds worse than the cookies in pizza sauce!!!!

Lidian
12-07-2002, 08:53 PM
Dentrassi, which cookies in pizza sauce are these? On second thought, maybe I don't want to know! That is a truly awful combination, though I am laughing to myself as I try not to think about it!! Lidian

dentrassi
12-07-2002, 09:00 PM
Hi Lidian!! I missed your first post!! (we posted at the same time.) I was responding to Squeak's drink!!! She likes to dip cookies in pizza sauce. (She doesn't really, I just like to tease her!!) Actually, I love Indian food, and mint patties too!!!

Lidian
12-07-2002, 09:29 PM
Hi Dentrassi -- Well, that clears THAT up LOL!! I love cookies and I love pizza, but separately! They can be on the table at the same time though, that is OK with me (pizza with extra cheese, cookies with extra chocolate chips)!

I love your Marmite jar (I just noticed it - it takes awhile for things to register with me this time of night!) - any significance? My DH likes it so we keep some around in the exact same jar. He likes it on toast I think.

Lidian

katrinabgood
12-07-2002, 09:42 PM
Den, is THAT what's on your avatar? I always wondered!

VelvetCyberpunk
12-08-2002, 12:02 AM
What is Marmite? I'm hopelessly American. :dizzy: :?:

dentrassi
12-08-2002, 09:08 AM
YUP!! It's a Marmite jar!!! When we (DH helped) shrank it to get it small enough it got a bit blurry. I like Marmite. A LOT!! (So do my kids.) It is a habit I picked up from my British mother. MOSTLY though, I started using it as my avatar to annoy certain unnamed alternachicks WHO ARE DENYING THEIR BRITISH HERITAGE AND SHOULD BE VERY ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!!!!! But seriously, Ellis, Mauvais and Ruth could tell you themselves about their heretical leanings.

Cyber-It is a yeast extract (left over from the brewing process....which may be why I like it so much!) that is salty and rich tasting. You can spread it on toast or on buttered bread (with lettuce...YUM!!) Or use it in soups or stews to enrich the flavor. High in B vitamins and 100% vegetarian too!!! (Although it really adds something to beef stews!!)

ellis
12-08-2002, 09:19 AM
Oh for cryin' out loud. Not that ruddy Marmite conversation again.

Yeah... try it, Velvet. You'll love it. If you love eating roofing tar.
something seriously wrong with that Dentrassi...

Lidian
12-08-2002, 11:53 AM
DH is British you see, I am American. I never knew about Marmite before I met him! It is not something I am fond of but he is allowed to keep some around. He doesn't like the look of my Boca burgers & thinks Sugar Twin is barbaric. A rich and fulfilling cross-cultural exchange (mutual tolerance)!

And that IS probably 'nuff said about Marmite for now!

Why oh why can't we get Skinny Cows in Canada? (Next random thought, don't know why!)

Lidian

dentrassi
12-08-2002, 06:09 PM
HMPH!!! NEVER too much Marmite.....

Ruthxxx
12-08-2002, 07:12 PM
More like road tar, I'd say!

sabrina
12-08-2002, 09:19 PM
Marmite??? Is that anything like Vegemite/Vegemide???

Sabrina, also hopelessly American, and addicted to Skinny Cows

Lidian
12-09-2002, 10:23 AM
Oh Sabrina, you lucky chick - I have never had a Skinny Cow. But I have read about them and I can dream, can't I?

I think Vegemite is very similar to you-know-what, but with the obvious vegetable component. We can get it in Canada (though truly I would think importing Skinny Cows would be more lucrative!!) but I do not keep any around here!

The only diet frozen thingie we have here are diet Fudgsicles and orange Creamsicles which are OK as far as it goes but are not exciting. And I need something both virtuous and exciting when I am rooting around in the freezer at night (I think there might be a joke in here somewhere that I could make but I need more coffee first..) I will try and think of something after I have more caffeine.

Lidian

tamibeep
12-09-2002, 05:08 PM
Has anybody else seen/tried the mint Skinny Cows?

I saw them once at a grocery store while I was travelling, but I didn't have any way to keep them from melting before I got home (apart from the obvious stuffing-them-all-into-my-face option) so I had to let them go, and I haven't seen them since. I'm starting to wonder if I dreamt the whole thing.

Lidian
12-09-2002, 08:27 PM
But what a dream, Tami! Chocolate and mint and Skinny Cows all together...I am going to look when I am next in the US. But I can't take em home either, it's too far!

Someday they will come to Canada & then I'm buying a big freezer and filling it up!

Lidian

OI812
12-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Last night, I devoured have a deliciososo(however you spell it) pizza!
But man was it good. And I felt rotton after I ate it too.

tamibeep
12-12-2002, 04:08 PM
I'm having a really rough day. It started out good... I made 2 1/2 pounds of fudge last night and didn't sample any of it until this morning when I had one small (1/2" x 1/2") piece, just to make sure it wasn't horribly bad before I gave it out today as gifts.

But it seems like the holiday baking has now officially begun, so there's cake and cookies and chips and dip and all manner of fattenation all over the office. And it's calling to me. And I'm answering it!!

Drat. And I was down two pounds this morning.

Does anybody else have this problem at work? I work with a bunch of wonderful old Southern ladies who can cook like the dickens, and (I'm not joking) EVERY SINGLE RECIPE they make starts out with "You take two sticks of butter...."

Moo. :moo:

Lidian
12-12-2002, 05:34 PM
Tami, I had the same exact problem in October when DDs asked me to make fudge for their school Halloween parties. So I made vanilla fidge and chocolate fudge and hoped that the dear little children in their classes would eat it all. Of course we ended up with a ton of it and I kept having bits here and there. I didn't mean to but it was so good!

And I have tons of Christmas stuff here in the house and as I work at home...I am around it ALL the time! It is very hard.

Cashews, chocolates, icy squares...they're all calling my name, and they're all in the next room.

Lidian

tamibeep
12-12-2002, 06:40 PM
You know, it's very oddly comforting to know that one is not alone in being stalked by attractive Christmas foods.
..:chockiss: ..:m: ..:cookie: .....:yikes:

Lidian
12-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Of course I did not mean vanilla FIDGE, but FUDGE. It is late in the day (i.e. after dinner), that's my excuse anyway!

Oh yeah, you are not alone! We're going a-visitin the relatives and stress alone, never mind the presence of the goodies, will be goading me on to new levels of the chocolate high...I will try and be strong though.

I'll be back Wednesday - I'm going to miss this group, no doubt about it!

Talk to you soon, Lidian

dentrassi
12-12-2002, 11:45 PM
HAVE FUN LIDIAN!!!!

Wanttolosealot
12-14-2002, 06:46 AM
Someone please come and take all the bad food out of my house. I have been on a eating binge this week. And have not been going to the gym regular either. What has happened to me. Ahhhhhh!!!!! Have to do something today. Such a busy time of year, so eay to grab something really quick and fattening. Need chocolate too to keep me going. I WILL do better this week. I am half way through my 12 week Body for Life Challenge, so I need to get back in the swing of things and get this sexy bod ready for the next half.

dentrassi
12-14-2002, 11:45 PM
I've been having a rough time too. I DO NOT want to gain over the holidays, and I'm afraid i already am gaining. YUCK.

mauvaisroux
12-18-2002, 12:38 PM
Oops! A client dropped off chocolates at the office today and I have had 5 of them so far :(- I must stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the day. This is the first holiday munchie I have had so far so I guess it isn't that bad :)

squeaker
12-18-2002, 12:50 PM
To make you all feel so much better about your eating -

In the last 2 days I had :

IHOP for lunch Monday - pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, hash browns

Lunch yesterday - General Toas chicken & fried rice

Dinner - Outback :T
5 of us split a bloomin' onion and a plate of cheese fries, then I ate 1/3 of a burger, and a few forkfulls of mashed potatoes, and a piece of bread.

And various cookies and chocolates mixed in. *burp*

Lidian
12-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Hi all you cool & beautiful chicks,

I am so glad to be back! We logged a lot of time in the car, and I can only imagine how much MORE fun it would have been if I'd been sticking pacifiers towards screaming mouths in the back seat (I remember those days!!) and singing "The Wheels on the Bus" a million times (did that too, too old to do it now!). The girls were very good, DH did all the night/bad weather driving (I did the fun scenic mid-afternoon driving!) and I tried to behave myself as best I could. I didn't let on when some dear relation was driving me crazy with boredom or irritation. I wore my best clothes, staggering around in foundation makeup and was underwired (for sound). I think I am obsessed with the underwiring, I have mentioned it on some other threads. I apologize for being as repetitive as...well, some relations I won't mention! But I had not seen my, erm, breasts up that high since about 1984. And it was amazing to me!

OK, enough with the underwiring (have I mentioned how cool it was? I can now pass the pencil test again but I would be cheating!)

The food wasn't so great so I had no trouble staying on my plan. I kept a food diary there too, which helped. And when we went out to eat, it was awful, so no problem there either! However, on the way home, there were Hershey's kisses and a delicious pizza Monday night for dinner (at the motel) - and I could not resist. I was pretty hungry by then!

I am very glad to be home and am enjoying catching up with all the threads & journals!

Love, Lidian

ellis
12-19-2002, 03:29 PM
Oh, I feel so sick. I can't believe what I just ate. Three pieces of toast, a big bowl of popcorn with butter and salt, four granola bars, and a dozen Lindt milk chocolates. And dinner time is approaching. I'm going to be ill. If only the "finger down the throat thing" would work for me. groan.
Oh, and I had a nap immediately after my "feast", thus rendering every single calorie as FAT!

mauvaisroux
12-19-2002, 04:16 PM
Yarg! There is more chocolate in the office today:yikes:

tamibeep
12-19-2002, 05:01 PM
Today's menu: Pecan pie, homemade chocolates, cookies, a portabello mushroom and feta sandwich on foccacia, half a dozen mini Peppermint Patties, and a piece of pound cake.

Moo. Have I mentioned that? :moo:

Lidian
12-19-2002, 08:31 PM
I had some Hershey's kisses today, and a York peppermint patty. And a mint stick! And I will probably have a few more mint sticks later on!

Ah, the holidays....all this stuff just lying around, looking delicious. Let no one bring more Hershey's kisses into this house! No more icy squares, no more miniature Reese's cups or Nutchos or caramels or lovely cashews...

Ellis, you poor thing! It's awful to feel too full, and I never can tell I am until just before I am, if you know what I mean. Nevertheless, reading the word toast made me hungry! (Pathetic, I know!) I love toast! Any kind of really good bread and butter is just fine with me. Or turkey stuffing. I always liked the stuffing for the meal, and hard sauce for dessert (the heck with the meat and pudding). No pudding, just hard sauce. :)

Tami, it all sounds lovely, specially the peppermint patties. Mmmmoooooo!:)

Lidian

ellis
12-19-2002, 08:55 PM
Tami, thank you... I feel MUCH better knowing that I'm not the only one pigging out in a big way! curses. What is WRONG with us!? :mad:

Lidian, I love bread, too!! I used to eat 12 slices a day! :lol: I could LIVE on bread and butter!
Stuffing... yum!!
Listen, my sister and I will still occasionally make a small bowl of chocolate icing and eat it with a spoon. Disgusting, huh? We're very sick girls.

dentrassi
12-19-2002, 10:59 PM
OOG!! I spent the afternoon dipping pretzels, meringues, cookies (fortune and milano) in chocolate for gifts for people. AND OF COURSE WE HAD TO SAMPLE THEM!!!

ellis
12-20-2002, 08:22 AM
Oh! What a cool idea, Den! (the dipping, not the sampling)

tamibeep
12-20-2002, 09:53 AM
Dear ellis,

I do not know what is wrong with us, but if the me half of us does not stop stuffing all things Christmas into her pie-hole with both hands, I am going to duct tape my mouth shut.

Resist! Resist!!

love,

tami

PS: Thus far (ha! I typed "fat" twice!) today, I have had one banana and one low-fat cheese sandwich on whole grain bread (for protein). And that is all I am going to eat until lunch, or so help me, I will lock me in the hall closet to keep myself away from the snack food.

ellis
12-20-2002, 10:27 AM
snicker.
I've already had two pieces of toast. Maybe I'll join you and have some fruit, Tami.
I have to go out and replace that bag of Lindt chocolates. They were for a sweet little Italian man down the street. Who; incidentally, is always giving us lovely things like home made meatballs and other fabulous pasta creations.
I didn't even ENJOY the chocolates!! I couldn't get them in my mouth fast enough, though.

Okay, Tami... let's have a good eating day. sigh. I guess I'll forgo making myself a big bowl of popcorn with butter. :cry:

Lidian
12-20-2002, 11:36 AM
Oh Den, that sounds lovely - I never thought of dipping meringues in chocolate! Yummy!

Ellis, I ate most of the chocolate icing of my own dear child's birthday cake last month - working from around the bottom edge (oh, I have my little techniques!). The icing is the main thing! Cake is merely a vehicle, a pedestal for the icing. Yup, the icing is the message all right!:)

Tami, I will join you in your resolve. I bought a box of Health Valley chocolate tart bars (with vanilla creme inside) - they look like Nutri-Grain bars but are 'organic' (and very yummy)- to eat on our recent trip when everyone else was having french fries & doughnut holes...And I had 3 out of 6 left by last night. Note the "HAD" in the last sentence. I wolfed them all down in about 15 minutes, AFTER the diet popsicles allotted for the evening. Growling at all who came near, by the way!

UUUGGHHH. Why oh why did I do that? It isn't like I hadn't already had chocolate yesterday! So today I have to behave myself ("Oh, BEHAVE!!" -- in Austin Powers voice).:lol:

Lidian

tamibeep
12-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Okay, can I just say that it is now three twenty, and I have not had ONE SINGLE PIECE of junk food today? I had a salad and some soup for lunch, and now I'm having my three o'clock banana.

I'm feeling very good right now. :cb:

Ruthxxx
12-20-2002, 04:12 PM
Well, I had a single maraschino cherry chocolate and am proud of myself!

dentrassi
12-20-2002, 08:29 PM
It was a lot of fun too!! My 12 year old helped, and felt that he was really accomplishing something GREAT. He ALSO loved being the taste tester.....
"YUM!! This is the best taste I have ever tasted." (Meringue with chocolate.)
"OOH! This is even better!!" (Milano with chocolate.) "WOW!! This is definitely THE best!!!" (Pretzel with chocolate.....AND the pretzel with white chocolate!!)

Lidian
12-20-2002, 08:30 PM
Ruth and Tami, you rock!! Good going!

I have had one Hershey's kiss, but that is all I am going to have that is junk. Tomorrow is my 'free' day - well, from after lunch to bedtime, meaning one treat and some takeout for dinner, but the treat cannot be bigger than one of our cats (the larger of the two, that is!)

Lidian

ellis
12-21-2002, 08:48 AM
I am so proud of you girls. I am going to try to do really well today. DH is home, so it should be easier not to sneak things. (did that make sense?)

xoxo

Lidian
12-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Yeah, Ellis, I understand that! When my DH is around I am just naturally better behaved around the goodies. Because someone is always in the room with me and also they are all eating up the stuff I shouldn't so there is less of it...sort of!

I was just out shopping for hours but I only found a few things. Back to it tomorrow and that that's it - I'm not going shopping the last 2 days before Christmas with 2 kids (except to buy groceries, I guess - we don't have a roast beast & trimmings yet).

Lidian:)

dentrassi
12-21-2002, 07:31 PM
GEE!! MY DH makes it WORSE with all his ice cream fanaticism.....

Lidian
12-21-2002, 08:39 PM
What kind of ice cream, Den, and how fanatical? We would like details, please....

Lidian

VelvetCyberpunk
12-22-2002, 01:57 AM
:love: Yeah! It is the kind with the high butter fat content? What flavor is it? C'mon tell us! :T

dentrassi
12-22-2002, 12:35 PM
YUP!! Super high butterfat content. He LOVES Ben and Jerry's and Haagen Dasz, just about any flavor (except pumpkin, superman and blue moon) and thinks that a pint of aforementioned ice cream is "a nice snack." Mind you he is thin!! At just over 6 feet the most he has weighed is 170, which he reached recently (but he is back down to 160 now.)

Can't even get the guy to do fun sexual stuff with it because he inhales it too fast!!!! (although it would probably be too cold anyway!!)

barefootgrrrl
12-22-2002, 12:50 PM
ok! I've been really good since August, but the past few days I've been doing the holiday sideways slide -eating stuff I haven't had in months!

first up: pecan pancakes on Thurs AM
second: real pizza with a real crust on Friday

yesterday: peanut soup, rolls and butter, baked potato, Virginia ham, homemade potato chips and homemade fudge, gingerbread latte

today so far: one half of a small panini - but the day is young LOL

it feels weird to eat real food!

I saw Edy's brand gingerbread ice cream in the store this AM but didn't buy it - it looks yummy.

Yes, ice cream details please. and what kind of sexual stuff do you do with ice cream? LOL

Terri

barefootgrrrl
12-22-2002, 12:52 PM
ok, wrong thread - but I have great news! I can now cross my legs and cut my own toe nails without really straining! I haven't done either in years! yippee!

now I just need to make sure I don't undo all my good work over these next few days.

Terri

ellis
12-22-2002, 12:56 PM
heh heh. Congratulations, Terri!! If you wouldn't mind coming over and cutting MINE!?

barefootgrrrl
12-22-2002, 01:15 PM
sure Ellis - if you'll give me a facial! :lol:

I sure could use one - why does all of that stuff feel so much better when someone else does it?

Terri

flower
12-22-2002, 06:59 PM
I had orange chicken from Panda Express and sprinkle donuts from Krispy Kremes. Bad flower!!!!

Lidian
12-22-2002, 07:09 PM
That ice cream sounds wicked! I can't really even have too much frozen yogurt anymore because I love it so much and that 1/2 serving thing, that's nothing - I am a 2 cups in my bowl kind of girl! We get a coffee frozen yogurt with chocolate bits in it that is very nice and surprisingly high in calories (low in fat, high in sugar!)...

DH piles it all on and remains under 140 lbs, much to my chagrin! He put on weight once but lost it in about 3 weeks by cutting down on dessert here and there! GRRRRR.

I have been very controlled today as I was up a pound this morning (all those samosas etc), but I seem to be back to what I was last week, this evening.

Lidian:)

dentrassi
12-22-2002, 09:50 PM
Well.....you could spread the ice cream in and on each other and eat it, but it would be so uncomfortably cold it would PROBABLY be ANTI-sexual!!!!

Sojourner
12-23-2002, 02:02 AM
I've been doing very well up to this point but I got this giant bag of "sour patch" candies for the movie on Friday night and have been eating them for the last couple of days. :( So far I think I've eaten about a half pound of them. :eek: I shudder to think how much sugar is in those damn things.

Lidian
12-23-2002, 10:50 AM
If I had anything like ice cream on me I would only be in the mood for a hot bath and fleece pajamas!:) And woe betide anyone who put the ice cream ON me!!

Well Sojo, we are going to the movies tomorrow and I am going to have to get the girls some candy I don't like. Trouble is, they like to bring M&Ms to movies. I like those little sour jelly candies too especially gummy peaches and watermelon slices. They like those at the movies too. I will have to eat Altoids and Tic Tacs I guess!:(

If I want to lose the pound I am up this morning that is! That's it - no more chocolate for at least today! I will try and take it one day at a time. So none today. So far I haven't had any but it is only morning!

Lidian

Lunula
12-23-2002, 11:06 AM
I had a rough weekend & was thinking, "Arg! I was sucha' PIG this weekend!" - so I came here and I find this thread, lol. It was my 2-year-old niece's birthday... so lots of cake, ice cream and Christmas cookies (for two days). Was feeling *a little* out of control... but I think I'm reeling it in now.

Just wanted to write it down so I wouldn't forget... hope it helps me through my THREE Christmas celebrations this week, lol. Good luck to everyone. :^:

barefootgrrrl
12-23-2002, 12:28 PM
I feel like I need to give myself a "diet pass" for Xmas week and my birthday and sometimes if we're on vacation at a special place - otherwise, it would drive me crazy. It just works for me to plan for it ahead of time - then get back to it.

Lunula - I think writing it down helps

Sojo - what movie did you see? was it good?

Lidian - what are you going to see?

I am taking my DD to "Real Women Have Curves" tonight.

How appropriate!:lol:

Love, Terri

Sojourner
12-23-2002, 12:54 PM
We went to see the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers on Friday night. It was absolutely amazing... truly an epic adventure like nothing ever seen before. However it is incredibly violent as much of the story consists of fierce battles. It was even better than the first LOTR movie, which was excellent too.... this was much darker.

Ummmm... I forgot to mention that in addition to the sour patch candies, I ate WAY too much popcorn covered in butter and salt at the theater. :o At least I had a diet coke. :lol:

katrinabgood
12-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Well, Sojo, a girl's gotta cut back somewhere!

Christmas cookies have got a hold on me...why the **** did I say I would bake them? Next year, it's definitely fruit backets!

katrinabgood
12-23-2002, 04:22 PM
make that baskets!

katrinabgood
12-23-2002, 04:23 PM
...or buckets...

Lidian
12-24-2002, 03:55 PM
Well, we WERE going to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the second time, but eldest DD is sick today, so we're aiming to go on Boxing Day. My DH will see the Two Towers while we see HP, then I will go see TT the following week - can't wait! The girls LOVED Fellowship of the Ring (on video, so it was less scary to them) & want to see TT, but we think they had better wait a bit, or a lot.

I have hidden the movie candy - Smarties and Skittles, they are in small packets so it is impossible for me to break into them secretly. If I get a big bag I can just recant it in a Zip-Lock bag and help myself without anyone knowing, you see! (I know all the tricks, my dears - I'm a trained professional!!)

Lidian