Overeaters Anonymous - Stress binger

View Full Version : Stress binger

FitNeSsJeWeL
12-17-2010, 12:44 AM
I"m so glad I found 3FC, and this particular section of the site. Binge eating is exactly why I gained weight.

I started binge eating when my husband deployed Sept of 2009. It would get really bad when I hadn't heard from him in a while. You know those sugar cookies that have 1/2 an inch of frosting on them that you can buy at WAlmart? I would eat a full container of those within a couple of days. I ate a tone of junk while he was gone. I had such a hard time with dealing with the deployment, so I turned to food.

He has been home for almost a year now... but I still have that nasty habit of binge eating. Especially when I have had a long day at work. The worst part is, once I"m done binging, I feel worse than I did before. So I go lay down for a nap. Thanks to these bad habits I"m always fatigued. It is a vicious cycle!

I looked through the Overeaters anonymous section. But I"m really looking for personal stories. I want to know what you guys are doing to deal with your binging habits. I need motivation, and I also need a better way to deal with stress.

My BEST Self
12-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm in a similar situation, FitNeSsJeWeL! Since losing my job unexpectedly in August, I have over-eaten my way to a weight gain of 40lbs (yes, 10 lbs a month)! During my darkest week, I ate a 9" carrot cake in less than 24 hours...then fasted for 3 days to "repent for my sin".

BUT here's what I think is some great news. I have been looking for and finding tips, techniques and general support at 3FC. I'm encouraged by the progress other members are making and feel less alone when a have a day that doesn't go as planned.

I hope you find all that you need, whether through 3FC or other places. I am in the process of looking for OA meetings in my area or online. I can't post links yet, so check out OA's website if you think meetings might help you.

Good luck!