Old 11-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #1  

Question Points Plus Calculator

Is it possible to get this for your phone (I have an Android) without joining online? I actually do plan to join online after the new year but definitely want a calculator that is all my own and won't disappear if I cancel my subscription.

TIA!
BrendaBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/145/130

Height: 5'1"

I have an android phone as well. A MyTouch 3G.
if you go to the market place and search weight watchers points calculator it will give you various app names. there will be one called ultimate point calculator.
its a free app and i checked its accuracy of values with my actual points plus calculator.
it doesnt track but it does have the ability to enter the values just like the calculator you can buy.

hope this helps
PeanutM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #3  
A Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 230/213/155

Height: 5'6"

Peanut....is that app for the NEW program??
BuxomPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #4  

Yes. It asks you to set up after youve intalled in onto your phone and has more than one setting. New PointsPlus plan, Old US plan, Old UK plan.
you choose points plus then it asks what you will be measuring your servings in, grams, tbs, tspn..and then asks how you weigh yourself.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #5  

Awesome, thank you!
BrendaBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #6  
A Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 230/213/155

no app for iphone yet. it's ok since i'm a monthly pass member....but will want it once I reach lifetime and am no longer a paying member.!!
BuxomPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #7  
Fit to be Healthy!

There will be an official WW ap . . . it's supposed to be just a few days, so hopefully this week yet.
MrsBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #8  

yeah I mean there will be an app if your an online/etools member. for those of us who arent though, this market app works lol
Old 12-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #9  

Default App for Andriod

I use an app called WWDiary for my andriod phone, so does my wife and some friends. Its amazing. Points calculator, track point with simple entry system. It was just updated for point plus calculations. I am down 50 lbs have 40 more to go, no stopping me now!!!!
ALLRAW74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #10  

I joined this thread as I have some issues with the points calculator. Does anyone fully understand how to make it track? I can get how to figure out points for something, but I just can't figure out how to make it track for me.
I'm what they refer to as a "technophobe", it takes me a very long time to learn how to deal with electronic gadgets. : (
I can ask my leader next week, but figured there might be an easy tip.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #11  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

I had trouble with it at first as well, but now I've figured it out and I LOVE it!

First, set it up so it is set for you by clicking the wrench on the top left hand corner. Here you enter your height, weight, and age. This will give you your daily points.

To log your points, hit the points plus button. If you want to calculate the amount of points in an item, hit enter (button below points plus) and enter the protein, carbs, fat, and fiber (it will prompt you). This will give you the daily points value. To "use" this (meaning track it) hit enter once again. This will bring you to a screen telling you how many points you have left.

If you already know the points value of a food, and would like to track it instead of calculate it, hit the points plus button. This will take you to the "calculate" screen. Use the down arrow to scroll down (this button is above the C/CE), and you will come to the "Use" screen. Type the number of points in a food, hit enter, and it will subtract those points from your daily amount, and tell you how many you have left.

To review how many points you have used, hit the pencil key (third down on the left). Here the totals used for daily/weekly (if you go over your daily, it automatically subtracts from your weekly) for the whole week.

To start a new day or week, hit the "7" button.

I think the new calculators are fabulous, but I agree they are confusing at first!
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #12  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

OOH thanks for the instructions. I just go my materials today and hadn't gotten to that it logs your points.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #13  

I might get my calculator and sit and go over what you said line by line, skinny cow! Thanks.
I am only able to calculate points of an item so far, but at least I can do that.
I'm so glad I bought the "kit" with all the materials in it last week, I'm using and referring to it all so very much. It's all so new.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #14  

I did WW by myself just figuring everything out on my own, I lost 80 lbs so far! Now that the formulas have changed, I do not know how many points I get... Can someone calculate for me? I have found an app on my phone to calculate the points for food, so Im good there.

I'm female, 28 yrs
5'7 159 lbs.

I have 19 more pounds to be a the HEALTHIEST!! YAY! I dont want to give up now.
crystal0782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #15  

i use the WWDiary, I have the same phone, and I love the app, but how do i calculate how many points I am allowed daily?
crystal0782 is offline   Reply With Quote