Old 11-28-2010, 04:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/185

Height: 5'10"

Smile New MRC Member-Start Monday

So I am getting ready to start my journey to lose hopefully 48 pounds by May. They have me on the Menues made easy plan. Is there is any advice out there for my journey?
jade1393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Welcome!
The plan works if you work the plan. The first few weeks are tough - you'll feel hungry at times, you'll see losses and plateaus. But, just keep chugging on and don't give up. It will pay off! Your cravings will diminish if you don't give in to them. I have done many diets over the years and this plan works. I have been in maintenance for a month and I feel better than ever!

Check in here, often. It's a great group of supportive women. Ask any questions you may have! 48lbs is do-able!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #3  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Good for you!

Congratulations on your decision to get healthy! You will find the absolute best support right here on this forum. I don't know if I could have been as successful without the care and concern from everyone here. It is like free psychotherapy!

The first weeks on program will be the hardest. Be sure to follow the program to the letter and weigh and measure everything. Many of us struggled with consuming enough water at first, but it is very necessary so persevere. You will find that your desire for off-program foods will diminish and it will become easy to pass those by. For some of us, finding creative ways to prepare program food has been helpful. For others like me, I found it easiest to stick to repetitive meals because I can automate it and cut down on the decision-making. I essentially eat the same thing for breakfast every day and my lunches alternate between tuna salad from home and tossed green salad purchased at work. I carry a Playmate cooler with all my water and supplements premade, again, to cut down on the thinking. When they were in season I ate fresh tomatoes morning, noon, and night!

Be sure and call the center any time you have a questions. You are paying for full service, so don't hesitate to take advantage of it. You will probably be offered all sorts of supplements to cure every problem. Many of us bought into the works when we started but decided not to re-purchase when things were used up. This is the largest profit-margin for the center. You don't have to buy anything from them if you can find it less expensively somewhere else. I continue to buy my multi vitamin and my EFA's from the center, as well as my HNS and my meal replacement bars. Mostly this is for convenience, and I always buy 10 - 12 boxes of HNS at a time to get the price break. I don't buy MRC6, Cortitrim, Phentatrim, or any of the rest even though I did at the beginning. I didn't personally find that they made much difference in my weight loss.

Finally, you need to know that the promised weight loss by the end of your contract is if you never deviate even once from the MRC protocol. That is pretty unrealistic for most of us. I've paid for two contract extensions, as my weigh loss has been consistently 1 - 2 pounds per week. I quit worrying about the deadline, as I am very happy with the program overall, feel healthier than I have in years, and to me it is worth the money. They do put the program on sale now and then and that has been very helpful. Good luck to you, and we'll see you around the boards!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/185

Height: 5'10"

Default Thanks!

Thank you guys so much! They are getting my menu today as we speak! I am hoping I can keep up with it all!
jade1393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #5  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Wishing you much success Jace. --Joy2MeNu
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

I just started on Monday too. Good luck! I'm hoping this forum will help inspire me. I am already down 4.5lbs from preconditioning and the first 4 days on plan. I hope you find success and don't get too bored with the menu.
struggling Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote