Old 11-18-2010, 06:35 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thur. 18 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Default NSV's abound!

Several NSV's in the last few days. The scale has been slow but sure but really slow the last several weeks. Talked w/ the coach who suggested because of workouts to go to the alternative IP plan which allows some more carbs. This morning, I peeked at the scale and down 2lbs since Monday! I went to the store on Monday on my way home. Had on size 16 khakis that everyone kept telling me were too big. I really didn't want to buy 14's so I grabbed the 12's and a pair of 12 jeans while I was at it (I hate shopping). Didn't have time to try on just figured I would wait a few weeks until they fit. Also bought a couple of medium sweaters (hahah). Well I was getting ready for work yesterday am and tried on the jeans...they fit..and so did the medium sweater! That's a long way from 20W in just a short period of time. DH saw me and was in shock; whistled and told me how amazing I looked and he couldn't believe how much I've changed just in the last few months! I think 15 people stpped me in the hall yesterday to give compliments.

Also, I haven't been abnle to get off my wedding rings for about 7 years so I thought I would get them cleaned. This diet saved me alot of money; the diamond was about to fall out! This morning, I was missing my ring (takes 2 weeks to fix the head) so I tried on my grandmother's wedding rings and they fit! Woohoo!

If you are having doubts about IP, stick with it. This program works, we just have to be patient. I think the first few weeks set us up for frustration when the losses slow down but realistically, .5 to 2lbs a week would have been phenomenol on WW. Keep at it. It will pay off huge dividends.
lilblackdress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Several NSV's in the last few days. The scale has been slow but sure but really slow the last several weeks. Talked w/ the coach who suggested because of workouts to go to the alternative IP plan which allows some more carbs. This morning, I peeked at the scale and down 2lbs since Monday! I went to the store on Monday on my way home. Had on size 16 khakis that everyone kept telling me were too big. I really didn't want to buy 14's so I grabbed the 12's and a pair of 12 jeans while I was at it (I hate shopping). Didn't have time to try on just figured I would wait a few weeks until they fit. Also bought a couple of medium sweaters (hahah). Well I was getting ready for work yesterday am and tried on the jeans...they fit..and so did the medium sweater! That's a long way from 20W in just a short period of time. DH saw me and was in shock; whistled and told me how amazing I looked and he couldn't believe how much I've changed just in the last few months! I think 15 people stpped me in the hall yesterday to give compliments.

Also, I haven't been abnle to get off my wedding rings for about 7 years so I thought I would get them cleaned. This diet saved me alot of money; the diamond was about to fall out! This morning, I was missing my ring (takes 2 weeks to fix the head) so I tried on my grandmother's wedding rings and they fit! Woohoo!

If you are having doubts about IP, stick with it. This program works, we just have to be patient. I think the first few weeks set us up for frustration when the losses slow down but realistically, .5 to 2lbs a week would have been phenomenol on WW. Keep at it. It will pay off huge dividends.
Good for you..you and I are close to the same.. I started at 239 and i'm now down 29 lbs in 5 weeks..I'm so excited...
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #4  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Just wanted to pop in and say good morning.. fighting off a migraine
( weather related/not diet)
Coastalcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday was exciting ..when I stepped on the scales I was just so thrilled...I'm down another 4 lbs..Everyone is laughing at my pants..
so I went from 18-20 to 14-16..I went shopping yesterday and got two nice pair of dress pants...A friend last night said wow you have on a pair of skinny Jeans...I feel simply amazing with my weight loss...
I'm in the group of not Cheating on Thanksgiving...********
I will eat turkey-turnips-green beans-and a salad..
and an Ideal Protein Chocolate pudding later for Snack....
All goodies pies-dressing..all that will leave my house the same day...its going to my sons...not to my hips....I like the freedom of saying no...
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #6  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

great job lilblackdress and judogirl!! I am down another lb today.. woo hoo!
Coastalcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Yesterday was exciting ..when I stepped on the scales I was just so thrilled...I'm down another 4 lbs..Everyone is laughing at my pants..
so I went from 18-20 to 14-16..I went shopping yesterday and got two nice pair of dress pants...A friend last night said wow you have on a pair of skinny Jeans...I feel simply amazing with my weight loss...
All goodies pies-dressing..all that will leave my house the same day...its going to my sons...not to my hips....I like the freedom of saying no...
Good job! Skinny jeans! That's awesome.
You might wanna try some vanilla pudding with cinnamon or pumpkin spice seasoning. That is what I had for Canadian Thanksgiving, it was awesome!

Well, I went to Lulu Lemon for the first time in my life the other day! I purchased 2 pairs of pants! Expensive, but wow do they look good.....and the best part........A SIZE 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am struggling this week, knowing that I have 3 days of clear fluids coming up in preparation for my procedure, so I am wanting to cheat, not with bad things, I just wanna eat. Like yesterday, I had all my normal stuff, PLUS a boiled egg, PLUS a bunch of turkey meat.

Question. I am ALWAYS starving, even when I am in Ketosis. I went into it easily and check it regularly with the Ketostix, but its always trace, which I was told is good, but wondering why the hungry and cravings haven't dissipated. I will eat a large meal and be starving (tummy growling) within an hour. Note - I have always been this way. Drives me nuts!

Journeysend - Hope your Open house went well, if I hadn't been working nights, I would have come down and checked it out. This week has been a wicked one at work. LOL! Hope it was a success!

Hoping everyone a happy Thursday! Tomorrow is weigh in day, I am not optimistic, this week has been a crazy one!
Medicmom734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #8  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Congrads Everyone on your success!

One thing I found for me with the hunger I have my breakfast I am usually good before lunch with all the drinking of the water sometimes I will have some hot tea but an hour before lunch I have my salad then at lunch I have my drink or pudding whatever it is i do then snack is a tad later in the day, this has been working well for me. My tummy has no growled yet!!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Good morning, Well I went out for my 5 year merit supper last night, I had called ahead and arranged for an IP friendly meal for me and my friend since we were going to the local Chineese restaurant. My friend has Celiac so we had the same meal It was very tasty... I didn't feel so bad that way about not having the buffet but there was literally nothing on there that I could have eaten there. When we got there we were told it was an open bar... So I had bottled water and once again my friend doesn't drink so did not feel left out at all. I am really glad I went and really pround of myself... did not want to cheat but was a little worried about whether I would be able to resist, I have always had a soft spot for Chineese food but honestly completly happy with the way everything went. Did not even miss the glass of wine with supper which is totally great
joellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Thursday Morning!!!

38 days til

Inspiration for the day: Don't permit others to define who you are. You cannot be a failure without your own consent.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say good morning.. fighting off a migraine
( weather related/not diet)
I hear your pain about weather migraines, finally a break in mine after a week...

Take care
Ciebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/135/124

Default keep to it!

i have never been really good at will power
but last night i went to a business dinner and stayed on program!
i didn't even fell weird asking for everything to be dry grilled!
and the scale gave me a -1.5 gift.
Since last friday i have lost 6.5 pounds! Now i am motivated to stay with this on Turkey day!

Kkirkdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #13  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Wow everyone is doing great!! Keep it up! You are all so inspirational to me.
I went to the hockey game last night. Horrible game but I did not cheat!
My weigh in #1 is in a couple hours. I'm nervous although excited. It's bloody freezing here today and we got dumped with snow so I am not planning to do much but stay warm. Tomorrow is my birthday but I've already decided no cake or pizza for me! Now Christmas is another story. I haven't made up my mind about that yet.

This may have been addressed elsewhere but where can you find those ketosis sticks? Thanks in advance.

Have a good day everyone! I will update after WI
SashaJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Me too! Your meal plan for Thanksgiving is almost identical to mine, except that I plan to have a White-choco cinnamon bar cut up into little pieces like petit fours for dessert. And I am sending home potatoes, stuffing, squash and desserts with all three families who will be here with us. Oh and don't forget the gravy!
Crystal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #15  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

"Question. I am ALWAYS starving, even when I am in Ketosis. I went into it easily and check it regularly with the Ketostix, but its always trace, which I was told is good, but wondering why the hungry and cravings haven't dissipated. I will eat a large meal and be starving (tummy growling) within an hour. Note - I have always been this way. Drives me nuts!"

If your hungry always drink more water first, typically hunger is really just thirst. You should be drinking over 100 ounces a day, if you are and still seem to be hungry then add in some hot tea with lemon. If you are doing all of this and still have hunger issues, you may need to have 4 packs a day instead of three. If you are getting your 4 cups of veggies a day I'd probably add more lettuce to your salad to see if that can't fill you up more as well. Hope this helps!
jency is offline   Reply With Quote