South Beach Diet - Milky Monday

View Full Version : Milky Monday

BellaLucia
11-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi gang! I slept for a long while yesterday so I'm not sleepy as of yet. Let's stay on plan today 'kay!

ChicoryCat
11-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Yes, let's stick to plan!

I am ready for tomorrow. I made a big salad with several kinds of veggies and some chicken breast to take for lunch. I made a big pot of chili with lean grass-fed beef and end of the season garden tomatoes.

I used the "fail to plan = plan to fail" motto to motivate me to get ready for a busy week. Having the right kind of food on hand makes all the difference.

Also I have some lowfat plain yogurt in the fridge and low-fat mozz sticks.

ChicoryCat
11-15-2010, 12:23 AM
I had some guests this afternoon and I put out cut veggies with a dip I made from low-fat yogurt, Spike seasoning and dill. It was good and they ate it. I also put out some cheese, crackers and salami, but for myself stuck with mostly veggies and a couple of slices of meat and cheese. I did not say, "I'm on a diet," I just put out a selection of foods including what I could eat. It worked.

Natasha1534
11-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Good morning, everybody. I am SO glad that it's almost time for me to have time off from work. Yay!!! I'm planning on staying OP all week. Did good earlier today at the baby shower...I skipped the bruschetta, mozzarella sticks, and nachos and instead went for the baby carrots, grapes, oranges, and pickles. :) I did, however, split a very small sliver of cake w/ my mom. Not too shabby, though.

Plans for today are LOTS OF SLEEP, gym, open enrollment for insurance, gym, and then MORE SLEEP...bwahahahahahaha!!! :)

BellaLucia
11-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Have a great day ladies! Natasha, get some rest dear!

fat chick 123
11-15-2010, 01:44 AM
great job sticking to the healthy foods hahah thats always hard when there are people around :D

Ruthxxx
11-15-2010, 04:51 AM
I hope you are all zzzzing away right now. I'm envious as I had another early wake-up. My brain is connected to my bladder and won't turn off once awake.

Busy day ahead as usual but I do have my meals planned and semi-prepared. :cheer: I'm outta here at seven to take the car in for snows and then will hit the road to deliver the last of the school work, pick up some hardware, go to the bank and get a few groceries. I've got a 4:30 Mill board meeting and need to cobble together a financial report. The good news is that the dratted Village planters are finally done!

Hope your Monday is productive but controlled. :cofdate:

TwynnB
11-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Good morning chicks!!! Off to the dreadmill...

CyndiM
11-15-2010, 05:31 AM
7 posts before 5:30 :eek: Hope some of you are catching up on sleep now (not Twynn, that would be dangerous).

I'm off to an all day staff meeting and training again. This time we are meeting with the whole staff not just the early ed staff so that will be fun. I met some of the nurses election night and really enjoyed their company. I sure hope there's lots of coffee.

Here's to a bumpless Monday

wesley587
11-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Good Morning everybody!! I'm up at the crack, and loving it. Hmmm, maybe I should get back on this schedule. After 2 weeks of my weight bouncing up and down for some unknown reason, the scale started moving downwards again today!! It was just what I needed because I have a HUGE test today. I've been doing nothing but studying for the past 3 1/2 weeks and today is the big day. Hmmm...link between stress and weight gain, maybe that's it...LOL.

Everybody, have a GREAT DAY!!! And Chicory, so jealous you still have end of the season tomatoes. Yummy!

cottagebythesea
11-15-2010, 06:17 AM
It sounds like we're off off and running for a busy Monday!

My day is looking pretty good so far, filled with pleasurable tasks. I have a hair appointment first thing, and I'll head over to the farm afterwards. Cindy had guests staying for the weekend, so there will probably be some tidying up in the guestrooms, and a mountain of laundry to keep me busy until it's time to pick up my girlies. Then we're off to Wilmington and cotillion, where I can get some reading done while they're in classes. :)

I just looked outside and it's a pea-soup fog out there! I can't even see my car in the driveway.

Heidi58
11-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Good morning ladies!

I need to get to school early today to see how things went last week so no time for personals this morning - but Natasha you sure look great in that photo from the shower!

It felt good to be in my own bed last night, but I didn't sleep well - too much on my mind I guess. Anyway, I'm dragging this morning. I weighed myself and I am up 6 pounds! It's only been 10 days and I'm sure I didn't eat enough to gain that much weight... so I'm blaming yesterday's Chinese buffet for some of the gain. I'm confident the scale will read lower tomorrow, but I wonder how much.... I sure hate seeing the 150's again. :(

Have a great, on plan Monday friends! :hug:

BelovedK
11-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Wow everyone!!! You're up early!! I am on the East Coast and it is 6am, I got up at 5 and did a Jackie Warner workout (a world of pain LOL)

I wasn't sure I would be able to, yesterday I just felt dizzy and queasy, and I didn't get my housework done :( I feel better today, hopefully it was a bug and it is over. It is hard to be sick and stay OP, I was hoping it was morning sickness ;) but alas, it must not have been. I did not weigh because TOM will be here any moment (or not :) )

I have plenty of OP food, but it needs to be prepared. I think I'll do that this morning, after the kids are in school I will have a cleaning/cooking/ prepping fest.

I was thinking of counting calories in conjunction with SB, I have a problem with portion control.

I got through my milkshake craving (I was feeling sick though, and nothing except a milkshake sounded good) DH brought me yogurt, but as I said in the other thread, he also brought another tub of cookie dough and he and DD made 2 pans of cookies last night :( That makes it extra hard on me.

Wesley, YAY for downward moving scales!!!! I hpe it keeps moving :)

Cyndi, get your coffee and enjoy the day :)

Ruth, you're always so busy, but I am glad you have your food planned and prepared (even if semi) Have a nice OP day!!!

ChicoryCat, Yay for you!!! I think it's great not to say "I'm on a diet" It's better to just do your thing and remain strong, each time you resist, you get stronger!!! :)

Good morning fat chick 123 :) Have a nice OP day !!

Natasha, great job at the baby shower :) I like the pic you posted in the weekend thread! You are lookin' good :)

TwynnB, How long do you do the dreadmill LOL?

Okie, thanks for starting thr thread! Hope you got some sleep.

BelovedK
11-15-2010, 06:22 AM
Cottage and Heidi!! We crossposted!

Good morning :)

heidi, I am in the 150s again too, let's bring it down, OK? I am glad you're home, back to the grind. Have a nice day!

Cottage, Are you changing your hair? Enjoy your day :)

Mmckellen
11-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Good morning everyone! The start of a brand new week. This year, I think I'm going to get a little more into Xmas decorating. I was at the dollar store yesterday and bought some huge snowflakes for the windows. We won't put the tree up until after Thanksgiving though.

There is some real drama going on at my job right now...thankfully, it does not involve me but it does involve one or more members of my department. I'm not sure what I'll be walking into today. We'll see. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

cottagebythesea
11-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Wow, I just realized that I'll be putting up my tree and the rest of the Christmas decorations next Friday! We still have leaves on the trees around here, so it seems too early to be thinking of Christmas. :dizzy: I do have more than half of my Christmas shopping done, though. I'm eager to get them all wrapped so that will be out of the way, but I'm waiting for my wrapping paper to come in that I ordered from Carley's fundraiser. Hopefully, that order will be in by Thanksgiving.

Matilda, I hope the drama at work doesn't affect your workday!

Beloved, I'm glad you're feeling better. My hairdressing appt. is just for my routine 6 week cut & color. I've worn the same style for years. It's easy and it suits me.

Heidi, I'm sure most of that weight is just a temporary blimp. I hope you found that all is well in your classroom.

Wesley, I'm glad the scale is finally on a steady downward spiral for you! Good luck on your big test today!

Cyndi, I'm glad that your long day of meetings will at least hold some fun!

Ruth, it sounds like you're off to another busy day. I hope all your tasks go smoothly!

Twynn, I hope you have your dreadmill session behind you by now!Natasha, you are really looking great! Congratulations!

Natasha, you are really looking great! Congratulations!

Chicory, congratulations for staying OP!

Okie, have a great day!

Now that it's light outside, this thread is aptly named for today. It is definitely a Milky Monday!

BelovedK
11-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Good morning Mmckellen, I'm sorry about the job drama, I hate that.

I love Xmas decorating and can't wait to start, we always wait until after Thanksgiving too, maybe I'll follow your lead and get other stuff so I can be ready!

MY DH is being kind of jerky to me right now, I am kind of upset :?: I won't even go into it, but it is really bad, I am going to try and control my eating because sometimes when he is like this towards me, I eat (maybe I am trying to punish myself) I guess sometimes I feel I have a bad marriage :( He is trying to be nice again, but it is too late, my morning has been ruined and I was in such a good mood.

Lexxiss
11-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

I am one of the ones who did sleep in. I have read everyone's posts and answered a PM, and it's now definitely time for coffee! The pot-and Bing are both just waiting for me.

BelovedK, be strong. Glad you got your exercise in already, I was thinking of doing mine early, too.

TwynnB
11-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Cyndi - you made me laugh!! I pictured myself dozing off on the TM. Nearly impossible, I must admit!

Beloved - so sorry about the DH. Hope your mood improves soon. And everyone's right....the food doesn't make you feel better, it makes you feel worse!

Heidi - I'm betting the scale will be a lot different in the next few days. I doubt you ate 21K extra calories!!

I apologize, can't remember who asked...I did 40 minutes on the TM this am. 35 at a jog, 5 for warmup/cool down. Glad the workout is done for the day!
Off to finish getting ready for work...

WaistingTime
11-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Happy Monday!

Okie - On plan... yep, I'm with you!

ChicoryCat - I so agree - planning is key.

Natasha - Great job at that baby shower! Social events are hard for me.

Ruth - OMG - my brain and bladder too! And the healthier I eat the more I get up and pee at night or in the wee hours of the morning.

Wesley - Good luck on your test! Yep, there is a proven connection between stress and weight. Sigh.

Linda - Reading anything worth recommending?

Heidi - I suspect that the weight will come off fast. I cannot imagine you ingested 21,000 extra calories!

Beloved - I think a lot of chicks do a bit of calorie counting too. Have you tried the ricotta "milkshake?" It's good.

Matilda - I hated seeing the Christmas decorations up at Target last week. One holiday at a time for me!

:wave:fat chick, Twynn, and Debbie

I am hoping that DH and I can get in a bike ride today; it is supposed to get into the 50s last I checked. Yep, I am a wimp about the weather and riding. My eating has been so much better and I feel so much better. Wish I remembered that every time I reach for something I should not be eating!

Have a great day all.

Ruthxxx
11-15-2010, 08:37 AM
My day went down the drain. My car needs a brake job so I got a drive home and now need to revamp my plans. Grrr!

I guess I'll tackle financial stuff and see if I get my car back in time to do the rest of the day's tasks later.

First a cuddle and some doggie loving.

Kim_Star060404
11-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey, everyone. I'm just here for a quick hello! I'm finishing up breakfast & then I'm going to pack up the car and head out. I've got another class in Austin this week. It's a drag because I've had to do this four times in the last four months and will have to do it again 3 weeks from today. Oh well. The end is in sight. If all goes well, I'll be testing for my certification in January. When I pass ;), I'll only have to complete about two classes a year. That'll be a relief!

Wish me luck and here's some :dust: for all of us this week! I'm gonna need it what with the restaurants my employees always seem to pick.

sophie
11-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone,

Trying to get my life back to normal. At the beginning of August, I passed out with horrible lower stomach cramps, DH called emergency and I was taken to hospital by ambulance, had all sorts of tests and they still can't figure out what was wrong, have been pain free now for about a month. Needless to say the trip to France was cancelled, we lost all our deposits on hotels but not the airline tickets so maybe will try again next year. My daughter and grandson were here for a month and that was hectic. I haven't gained any weight but have missed the support I get here badly.
Glad to see all the old faithfuls and new ones too
take care
Sophie

weezle
11-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Morning All!

Ph1 until Thanksgiving, then on to Ph2. Posted a Ph2-friendly Green Bean Casserole recipe under Holiday Recipe sticky and in the Ph2 Side Dishes.

So I've been a little out of control, but I'm taking control of everything in my life. What I eat, my attitude, everything. I am so blessed, so I have no clue why I would want to let any negativity impact my life at all.

I am going to update my tickie and I am holding myself accountable. I hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday! :D

Lisa

Pearlrose
11-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Hello, just a quick drop by for me.

Day 10 of Phase 1- going well still.

Sorry to hear about the past several months Sophie hopefully whatever happened does not reappear.

Beloved- my DH can be a jerk a lot too- but I decided my health is more important to me then trying to stuff my mouth to fill better in the moment.

Hello to everyone else

Have a great day everyone....

TallandThin
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Yes, I agree, an "on plan" day it will be! :D

Nat, hope you're sawing logs!

Ruth, thank goodness the planters are finished! Sounds like you have time for personal things today.

For all of you out on the road, Drive safe.

I'm running late this morning so will have to get out for my walk now. After that I need to go for groceries and think I will make a couple of stops just for fun. See you all later.

BellaLucia
11-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Sophie, God bless you! You were definitely missed!

TallandThin
11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm back :). What an absolutely perfect day weather wise. Around 75 with a slight breeze. So I decided to enjoy it and did my walking today by driving to town and walking for over an hour on the sidewalks window shopping. What fun. After than did some in store shopping and got some groceries so right now my legs are talking to this old lady but it was so nice.

FO, I've been thinking about you and that darn old cookie dough, hope you managed to stay away from it and the cookies they made.

CC - Good for you for planning your meals and making sure you have the right kind of food in the house. It sure makes a difference for me.

Wes, congrats on that old scale moving again and good luck on your test.

Heidi, darn weight is so easy to put on but so hard to get off. Last week is behind you now, so get back on the beach and dig in. You can get those lbs off again I know it.

MM, don't let that drama at work sidetrack you from staying on plan girl.

Time to do the house chores that I didn't do this morning before leaving on my walk-a-bought. Later

rdw1
11-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Good Evening Ladies!

I have been ok today, food choices not too great when I don't plan and I ended up being gone all day. DH wants 7 layer taco dip(although I don't think we make it actually 7 layers anymore...lol more like 5) So I will have mine on a salad. That sounds really good actually!

Okie- :wave:

Chicory cat- Way to plan! I love that motto- I have used it myself quite often! And that is always a great way to do food at a party and such... I went out with some friends and someone made some veggie squares, saying that was probably the only thing I could eat there- and I couldn't even eat them, but just laughed it off and stuck to the stuff that I brought... Its nice that they tried to have something threre for me but just didn't understand fully the things I eat I suppose :)

Natasha- Good job staying OP! My enrollment is this week too.

Ruth- I know you're happy to have those planters done! Hope you got all your errands done today and are having a nice evening! ETA: sorry bout the car! I hope all the doggie cuddles made up for it though!

Cyndi- Hoping you had a bumpless monday! LOL

Wes- Hope the test turned out well!

Cottage- we had lots of similarities today, Hair done and tons of fog! I do not have any of my Christmas shopping done though! You are on top of things!

Heidi- I am sure its just water weight from the buffet- asian food always does that to me! Just drink lots of water and I am sure it will go back down in no time!

Beloved- That jackie warner is a monster! LOL Hope your dh took those cookies to work with him! If not he better tomorrow! And tell him to stop being a jerk :hug:

MMC- I was thinking the same thing about decorating for Christmas, I told dh maybe we'd even get the tree down tonight, I mean he has to get in the attic anyway to put the Halloween stuff up may as well do it all at once I suppose... maybe...

Debbie :wave: I plan to sleep in a bit tomorrow, that sounds divine

Karen- Remember that the next time, I am right there with ya though... seems the same for everything... as long as I keep it up its easy then as soon as I stop(eating well, working out, etc...) its soooo much harder to just jump back in!

Kim- :dust: for you :)

Sophie- Good to see you! I hope things settle down for you soon :hug:

Lisa- Sounds like you have a plan!

Pearl, TNT :wave:

Whew- y'all were a chatty bunch today! LOL, I got my hair done this morning, did my friends hair, then used a Kirklands gift card I found from like 6 years ago- I got a tall stuffed Christmas snowman thing to go next to the fireplace, I think thats why I am in the Christmas spirit now! I also went to lowes and got a Light gun that is supposed to help you find short circuits in the lights and I have a pre-lit tree that has had a new strand go out at least once a year and we haven't been able to fix it so I am hoping that this will work. If not I don't think DH will let me get a pre-lit tree ever again, It was expensive and has been a PITA. lol anywho- off to get dinner started as well as a couple loads of laundry. One more day off work then its back to the grind... The grand opening is this week so hopefully we'll be busy!

chubbybunny29
11-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Hello everyone!

Well I'm a little late in the yda, but better late than never! I am back from my cruise, which thankfully was not aboard the Carnival Splendor! My trip was lovely, but I was glad to get back home. I did not do well on plan for the trip but I did only eat when hungry, made sure to have salad every night with dinner, and didn't snack. So the final verdict was about a pound and a half gain, which is actually pretty good! And I am already down half of that. So overall, not bad for 9 days of eating off plan, and there may have been a margarita or 12 in there ;)

I'm glad to be back at it though, my body is happy and saying "Mmmm water and veggies". I'm not craving, which I'm thankful for...though Saturday was a bit tough.

Natasha1534
11-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Afternoon, everybody!!! Got some much needed rest today...I went to bed right when I got home (around 0600 hrs) and didn't wake up until 1545 hrs. Stopped by open enrollment to make my changes to my insurance for this coming year (for the first time since I've worked here, we're having to actually pay for our health insurance). Got that taken care of, hit the gym, came home and heated up some chicken enchilada soup a friend made for me, and now I'm watching Bones waiting for House to come on and catching up on my messages.

fat chick - Eeek...I feel bad calling you that, LOL Not sure I've seen you around before, so welcome to the beach!!! ;)

Ruth - Yay for getting the planters done...I know that has to be a huge weight off your shoulders!!! ;) Good job!!! Sorry your day got ruined, though...that sucks. :( But doggie loving makes EVERYTHING all better. ;)

Cyndi - Hope your training wasn't too boring...I always find it's much easier to get up early for training if it's something interesting. Hope you had lots and lots of coffee to keep you awake!!! ;)

wesley - Nice to see you stop by again. ;) And yay for the scale going the RIGHT way again!!! Good luck w/ your test...hope it went well!!!

Cottage - Sounds like a busy day for you...hope you were able to get everything done you needed to get done!!! ;) We still have leaves, too...as a matter of fact, they are just now getting to the point where they've pretty much all changed colors. And thanks for your comment on the photo. ;)

Heidi - Thank you very much!!! :) Sorry you're having trouble sleeping...it's certainly understandable w/ everything that has happened. Maybe you could take a little sleep aid for a couple of days to help you out. Don't stress too much about the scale...it's probably just water weight from the sodium in the Chinese food yesterday. ;)

Beloved - Glad you're feeling better today. Maybe next month will be your month for morning sickness. ;) Good job making it through the milkshake craving...now just remember how bad that cookie dough made you feel before and stay away. ;) You can do it!!! Hope your hubby is being nicer to you now...sorry he ruined your mood. :( Oh, and thanks for your comment on the pic. ;)

Mmckellen - I'm SO happy to hear (umm, see or read???) you say that you won't put your tree up until after Thanksgiving. I always wait until Thanksgiving is over...I hate when people try to skip it and move on to Christmas. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. ;) Hope you can stay away from the drama as much as possible. ;)

WaistingTime - Hope you were able to get your bike ride in!!! ;)

Sophie - Ouch!!! Not only does it stink that you had the medical problems, but not getting to take your trip to France is a double whammy. :( You'll just have to make the trip twice as good when you DO get to go. ;)

TallandThin - Sounds like you got in some good exercise and had fun doing it...good for you!!! ;)

rdw - 7 layer taco dip DOES sound good...YUM!!! Don't forget to get your enrollment taken care of this week!!! ;) Last year I waited until the last day (well, my supervisor at the time had told us it was the last day) and it turned out that it was actually a "make up" day instead. I learned my lesson and didn't wait this year...last year I got a nasty phone call that my insurance would be cancelled if I didn't make it over there, LOL Yay for found forgotten gift cards, LOL...6 years??? WOW!!! Have a good, but busy, week!!!

Plans for the rest of the night are to bake some whole wheat chocolate chip cookies for mom, hit the gym again, and that's pretty much it. I'm gonna catch up on some more sleep, too. ;) Hope everybody is having a good day!!!

Natasha1534
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Oops, chubby, you snuck in there on me!!! ;) Glad to hear you had a good cruise...and definitely glad to hear you weren't stuck on an un-air-conditioned ship eating SPAM, LOL

BellaLucia
11-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Hello Rdw1, how's it going?

CyndiM
11-15-2010, 08:51 PM
So today's training included lots of videotaping. I discovered I don't hate is as much as I used to (I would have developed an illness to get out of it in the old days!). I managed to get through 2 meals away with good choices and got some walking in, so not an awful day.

Natasha1534
11-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Oooooh, I almost forgot...today is 10 years that I've been working at 911. Wow...time flies.