Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default I know I'm going to lose it...

...when I cross the finish line this weekend. It's really kind of poetic that I'm running my first half marathon the same week that I officially officially hit goal and proclaimed maintenance. I hit goal before, but I knew it wasn't were I wanted to be and although that was only 5 lbs ago I feel like this time I'm really at goal and I'm happy with my weight and size. So there is this sort of finality that the weight loss is over and that I've done it. So I just know I'm going to start crying like a baby this weekend when I cross the finish line, like I'm not only doing something that I never dreamed I do, but I've also lost every single lb I didn't think I could lose. To think that I'd be able to get back down to the weight I was at 18 years old in my early 30's after a child and be in better shape now then I was then is just amazing to me. So hopefully I don't make a** out of myself, but I also hope that the moment is everything I hope it will be...I hate it when you play a moment over and over in your head and then it comes and it's anticlimatic.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

Congratulations!!
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations!

Sometimes it's easier when we don't "rehearse" for a moment coming up in our lives.

I never raced but I did run, back in the 80's. I found that, when I really got into the zone and my brain quit complaining I really didn't have any thoughts at all. I just ran. It was almost a meditative state for me. Same with walking my dog very early Sunday mornings. We were there, in the moment, walking.

You might find that you're totally exhilarated when you cross the finish line so go with it! Jump up and down, cheer, pat yourself on the back.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #4  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

ANd if you lose it?? SO what??!! Feel your moment in whatever capacity that may be
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/149

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations! You did it!
Victoriap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #6  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

How did it go?
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote