South Beach Diet - QUESTIONS (just coming to the beach)

kissingfrogs2003
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
I am about to start phase 1 and want to start planning my meals but I have a few questions. :dunno:

1) Can I eat basil in this phase? Oregano? Parsley? Rosemary? I have a garden and a lot will go to waste if I can't :shrug:
2) Anyone know any good Phase 1 Basil recipes? I have exhausted google and can't seem to find any.
3) Can you use seasame oil in phase 1?
4) anyone know of any good recipe sources that are either broken down by phase or state the phase it can be used for? google searching has been exhausting!!!

Wish me luck!!

I'm 25 with 60 lbs to loose or my doc is gonna make me get lap band surgery :( Nothing like a good kick in the butt for motivatio
:dust:

lazylioness
11-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Welcome
to answer your questions

There are a bunch of great recipes on this forum. Also, I get updates from southbeachdiet.com. It is free to join (there is also a pay version) but they have some good recipes on there.

cottagebythesea
11-09-2010, 07:50 PM
:welcome: to The Beach, Kissingfrogs!

All those herbs you mentioned are considered vegetables, so eat as much as you want. I'm not sure if you'll find any recipes that call for lots of basil in our recipe section, but you'll find plenty of very tasty recipes for each Phase of SBD there. Another good source for recipes for different phases of SBD is Kalyn's Kitchen. com.

murphmitch
11-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Sesame oil is South Beach compatible. I use it with the Crack Slaw recipe. I love it with Asian dishes.

Natasha1534
11-09-2010, 11:37 PM
As the others have said, sesame oil and all those seasonings are absolutely fine from Phase I and on. ;) Check the recipe section here...you'll find tons of good recipes. Also, I may have posted it here but if not, check www.allrecipes.com for the recipe for Parmesan Basil Chicken Salad. It's yummy!!!

lazylioness
11-10-2010, 09:48 AM
oo Parmesan Basil Chicken Salad......sounds divine!

You could do a Pesto too. I did that. Pesto chicken breasts. YUM

luvs_violets
11-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Has any one got the recipe for mach corn bread I saw it somewhere but today can't find what section it was in Thanks Violet

luvs_violets
11-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Sorry meant moch corn bread pressed submit too quick Violet

CyndiM
11-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Sorry meant moch corn bread pressed submit too quick Violet

This might be what you're looking for: mock cornbread casserole (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/179853-mock-cornbread-spicy-beef-casserole.html)