Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 10:34 PM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Hump Day

So technically it's not Wednesday yet, but I just wanted to share with you all the tremendous step I took tonight. Well, it may not sound so tremendous to all of you, but it felt pretty tremendous to me. I went to a local WW meeting. This was the first meeting that I'd been to in like 3 years. It was a much better meeting than the previous ones I had gone to. My old meetings had a lot of people where no one really talked to each other, everyone left a space between themselves in the chairs, and the leader got up, gave and speech, and the whole thing was over in about 15 minutes. This meeting was like a friggin revival. People were hugging each other and telling one another how wonderful they were looking. They set up exactly as many chairs as were people, so everyone was sitting nice and close in. The meeting started ten minutes late because everyone was chatting away, leader included, and just having a grand time. I have never spoken a word to anyone at a meeting before other than weight in and payment, and tonight, for the first time, I had conversations and felt really and truly welcomed. I dropped a ton of money, though, because I knew the tools I would be needing from past experience. I got a new points calculator ( my old one died), a dining out guide, a food guide, a diary, and motivational tool booklet. Oh yeah, and those 2 points bars that just rock. So I am flying high and very excited if you can't tell. THis is the most hopeful I've felt about my efforts in months, I'd say at least, maybe even in a year. I can do this, and now there are faces that I will be accountable to from week to week. I am accountable to you guys, as well, but I know that stepping on that scale leaves no room to fudge or "forget" to weigh myself. When I got on the scale there, I found that I had regained a lot of weight, 15 pounds ot be exact. That's what 2 months of total slackery will do to you. And I'm going to have to take it right back off. But that's ok...this is my new starting point. I'm not behind, I'm simply beginning again. I can do this and I will and I am!!!
Old 11-06-2002, 01:01 AM   #2  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Way to go!!

Good for you, Jayne!! I wish I had that drive and desire! I'm getting there...it seems to die after a couple of years, huh?
It's almost Wednesday in my world, too. I'm thinking about stopping the "study bus" at my tv to see who won all the election thingys. Some people here in Oklahoma are trying to get a lottery passed so we can have better education and our teachers can get paid more. Yeah, right. Like that's going to happen.
Well, my eyes are sleepy.
The money factor is ok. You spent it wisely on aids to your WW journey!! (At least that's what I tell myself everytime I buy those expensive, but definitely tasty 2 point bars!)

Hi to everyone posting later today!!
Kim: Remember to take time out for yourself on your big day...and don't forget his ring for the ceremony...I did.
Night, night!
Old 11-06-2002, 07:44 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

morning jayne and stacey (good to see you back!) and everyone else about to post!
jayne - you sound totally rededicated which is excellent. i think ww works really well when you get obsessed about it and really throw yourself into it. worked for me! and a good meeting really helps.
i've just got a few mins to post before i go to my "abs and back" class, it's really good and the teacher is fun which helps! and then tonight i'm off to aqua aerobics. i'm really enjoying it cos i have dodgy knees (i fell off my bicycle a few years back and landed badly on them) and i don't want to make them worse (which means running and lots of squats and lunges aren't ideal for me). i'm still going to do some legs, bums and tums classes but go easy on the squats. do any of you have dodgy knees? do you wear support bandages? i don't, but i'm wondering if i should...
but my latest trauma is finding a decent swimming costume. i usually wear tankinis but they're not as supportive as a proper all-in-one. but i have such a long body most costumes are really uncomfy. must try to find the speedo long torso range that i've heard about.
enough about me. jenl - i hope you feel better soon.
kim - this saturday - eek!!! have a fantastic day and don't forget to post your pics here!
belle - glad to hear carmen is still doing well.
debs - hope you sort things out with jeremy ok.
sorry, meant to chat more but have to run now. big hi to everyone else and i'll try to get back online later,
kirsty
ps i saw lolly a couple of weekends ago and she says hi. if you ever go onto a buffy the vampire slayer messageboard you may find her lurking there these days... don't ask!
Old 11-06-2002, 07:48 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default and another shopping rant

and don't get me started on shopping for shoes! argh. lots of shops here only do shoes up to a british 7 (european 41). unfortunately i'm an 8 (42). grrr!!! i think that's a 10 in the states.
i really want knee-high boots but can't find any i like in my size. i feel like such an oversized freak but i know lots of friends in the same boat (some with bigger feet).
Old 11-06-2002, 08:52 AM   #5  
GO CANES!

YEAY Jayne!!! You are motivating me!!! I just have to find the money, and i'm ready to go too!!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:42 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies!

I have been MIA with this house project. But, I hope it will soon be over....I am not doing this again!!

Jayne ~ I am so proud of you for taking the steps to get back into it. I think that is what I need to do. I am like you and in the last few months have totally slipped and gained 15 pounds back. I know what happened....WW took a back burner with our new house and such. Like Kirsty said, you have to be gung ho and slightly obsessive to make it work. And, I know that is true, because when I was losing my 35 pounds, I was slightly obsessive and WW was on the front burner. I hope some of your enthusiasm wears off on me!!!! Way to go!!!

Stacey ~ Welcome back! We really missed you. Anything new going on in your life? Are you still working in the financial world??

Hi PJ!!!

Kirsty ~ Have you thought about shopping online at some Amercian sites for your boots? Most department stores here carry up to a size 11. Worth a shot. Tell Lolly we said "Hi"!!

We are thinking of you Kim, I hope Sat turns out to be beautiful!!

Hi Jen, JenK, Belle, Kier, Cat, KT, Laura, Marcie, Ali, Jess, Rina, and all that I missed.

I am going to try to read the last few days of posts, but can't promise I will respond to everyone. You guys have been a chatty bunch!!

I am trying to refocus on tracking points and getting some exercise. I truly think until this house is finished I can't hope for much. So, I am going to watch it the best I can, and get out for some short walks during breaks. My goal is to be at goal by next summer. I think that gives me enough time to get back to a normal life and routine and lose the 20 pounds I need to.

Well, I better get back to work. I don't plan on doing much work today, so I will hang out here and chat like I am suppose to!!

Later Gators....
Old 11-06-2002, 09:54 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. Still have a headache. UGhhh. I was really nauseous last night too. I went to my neighbors Tupperware party and felt so yucky I didn't even touch her really good looking snacks. Oh well. Emma woke up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go to sleep. So she ended up in our bed, causing a rucus for 2 hours. So now I am exausted AND have a headache!!!! Tonight I am going to a play with hubby and not thrilled about it. Hopefully I will make it through!

Jayne, glad you are so into the WW thing again. When I started going to meetings after Emma was born, it took me a bit, but I found a decent leader. THEN after I was there for a year, she started to not be as good (she was a new leader when I started with her)... and I was bummed. So I quit. We don't have a lot of meeting options in this area. So I am not sure what I will do after this baby is born.

Kirsty... shop on-line. A lot of places have easy return policies.

Tonya... good luck with the house. We eventually want to move to more land and that may mean building. I am dreading it. Good friends of ours just finished their house. They did most of the work themselves and it was a nightmare with long hours and problems.

OK, should get some work done... booooo hooooo
Old 11-06-2002, 10:33 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

i thought about shopping online but i want to be able to go into any shoe shop and be able to try things on in my size for fun. don't want to feel like an outcast! hopefully shoe shops will get their act together and stock a proper range of sizes someday soon! ah well.
jenl - hope your headache clears and you enjoy the play.
tonya - where are you with your new house?
gotta run,
kirsty
Old 11-06-2002, 11:49 AM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Morining all,

I had a fab day yesterday foodwise. I managed to bank 5 points & I even had pizza! I hope today is as good. I feel so tired today. Its either too hot or too cold in our room at night & when I am a lousy sleeper anyway it doesn't make for a good combo. Plus I have major cramps this morning Sorry for grumping so much.

Jayne, you sound really excitied & motivated! Too bad we can't bottle that & market it-we'd be rich!

Kirsty, I know what you mean about not being able to go into stores & feeling like an outcast. I am tall too & have problems with the torso length in things-even the "tall"clothes. I have a real problem with footwear too. I am a size 10 & needat least a d width. It really limits my selection & I get very frustrated.

Tonya, glad to hear your house is coming along nicely! Glad you popped in for a bit.

Jen, I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you're having a rough go of it. Take care of you today.

Kim, I can't believe your wedding is almost here! So exciting! Enjoy it! Share pics when you can.

Stacey, you forgot his ring! It sounds funny now but at the time I bet it was upsetting! Can you laugh about it now?

Laura, sounds like you had a great vacation. Sounds like you really were careful & in control with your eating. Good for you. I don't know what to say about your relationship issue. That's a major one. If there really is no compromising wouldn't it be for the best if it ended sooner than later before feelings will be majorally hurt? Its hard to day what's best but if that's going to bring it to an end anyway I would ease myself out of it.

Hi PJ! Glad to hear you're motivated.

It seems like there was soemthing else from yesterday i wanted to comment on but I can't remember. I'll have to go look. Anyway if I don't come back have a great OP day everyone!

-Rina
Old 11-06-2002, 11:55 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

O.K. somehow I managed to post this in yesterday's thread rather than today's. So I thought I'd move it to here.

Kim - best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

Tonya - how close to moving into the house are you?

=============================================
Hi Ladies!

Haven't been posting because I've been on a long weekend in Orlando. May I just say how disappointing it is to come home to 43 and rainy when you've spent several days sunning by the pool?

I read everyone's previous posts from the last several days but I'm sure I'll forget a few of you in my responses - sorry!

Jayne - sounds like you and Aaron had a lot of fun at the museum. I know you didn't ask for advice but if you're interested in yoga tapes, try Yoga for Weightloss with Suzanne Deason or any of Rodney Yee's beginner videos - he's a great instructor.

JenL - glad Emma had fun at her b-day. Hope you feel better.

Rina - headaches bite big monkey balls! Try to sleep it off.

Belle - glad you got to cuddle Carmen. Nieces are the best.

Kirsty - I'm a huge Buffy/Angel fan so your halloween party sounds like it was a lot of fun to me.

KT - glad you're enjoying the NF.

Jess/Kier/Ali/Deb - I have a boy issue myself so I probably shouldn't offer advice but here it is. If you don't honestly believe that he would swim through shark infested water just to bring you lemonade, he isn't worthy of you.

Now about the aforementioned boy issue. Taking a vacation with CB made me realize just how head over feels I am for him. He tells me he cares about me and treats me like a princess. So what's the problem right? We don't seem to have the same "end goals" in mind for our lives. I know that we could compromise on most of them but he wants kids and I don't. And last time I checked, kids weren't something you could compromise on. So what do I do? Do I relax and enjoy the relationship while it lasts? Do I end things before either of us (ok, me) ends up heartbroken? Or, and I'm just thinking about this as I type, since we haven't said the "L" word or talked about a future, do I just wait until we have that conversation?

Well, I didn't count points on my vacation but I was really careful about breakfast and lunches (although dinners and drinks probably outweighed that) and I worked out twice a day each day. Anyway, I'm not counting today but am eating healthy and will start counting again tomorrow. Still, not looking forward to Saturday's WI.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:57 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Jayne - good for you!! That sort of money is never wasted, I think you spent your cash wisely. Its good to hear you so empowered! I have been thinking of joining online (has anyone tried it??) as its way less expensive in Canada and I have trouble making it to WI. I have a good reliable scale. And our meetings sound like the ones that you used to have - no one talks, we listen to the leader and we go. Its less than inspiring. I have tried everytime I can make at the one near my house - its a bit depressing! Oh well - yours sounds great. But don't forget to still come here!! I truly find this forum a better "meeting" than the ones that are offered around here. At least there is real support. When I had my gain this week the weigh in girl told me I should eat more carrots this week. Like, whatever, thanks for the encouragement.

Stacey - you forgot the ring? Ha ha, what did you do??

Kirsty - wow, you are a workout fool!! Its rather inspiring! I have a bad back since my accident - but my knees are still good. So are you not running anymore due to your knees? Is Lolly still running?? Tell her to come back - Buffy doesn't hold a candle to our site...!!!

Tonya - how much longer til the house is done?? At least that will be a pay-off!

Hello to everyone else!

I managed to stay OP yesterday but barely - I ate up to 28 points!! GAH!! I was doing so well and then I had a peanut butter cup. Dang. Oh well, today is another day. I have a fundriasing dinner tonight to go to so I want to stay really low for the rest of the day- hopefully I can keep withint points, and I am going for a jog at lunch on the treadmill - although its 13C here today - I coudl run outside!! Woo hoo!!

I went a little smilie-happy today, please forgive me....hee hee. Well, off to a meeting...adios amigas!!
Old 11-06-2002, 11:59 AM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Hi Laura and Rina - I was writing my novel while you posted....

Rina, congrats on your awesome OP day!! Yay Rina!!!!

Laura - my friends hubby is in Orlando this week as well - says its awesome, of course it was snowing here when he left. Glad you had a good trip!!

Belle
Old 11-06-2002, 12:09 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone!
I have meetings for most of the morning so I figured I'd just pop in quickly to say hi. Enjoy your day everyone.
KT
Old 11-06-2002, 12:25 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle, I tried the WW on-line thingy and did it for about 6 months. I liked the on-line points journal, but I got bored with it and found it hard to remember to log onto the site to journal, and I tended to not do as well when I was on it. Also I got busy in the summer and didn't use it as much. Oh and it did lock up a lot and shut down a lot. I went to the WW Boards to see what others were saying and a lot of people complained about that too. So, yes, I liked it, but it had its flaws. Oh and you have access to all the recipes too.

My 2 cents! Oh and the reason I dropped the service wasn't because of the flaws.... I got PG!!!
Old 11-06-2002, 02:01 PM   #15  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!

Hello everyone! Sorry I didn't make it in yesterday. We had a drill here at work and I got stuck playing in it. Not much fun, but it's part of my job. I haven't read through yesterday's posts, but will try to get to it.

Things at work are a little strange lately. I think the girls I work with are starting to not like me. I don't know why, I didn't do anything (that I know of), but whatever.

Aside from that, I'm having a great day. I woke up early this morning, and when I went to my car to leave for work, found that someone (workboy) had scraped the frost from my windshield. I was so touched I almost cried. Then, I got to work and found that my starter kit for Close to My Heart has been shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Friday, whoohoo! Then, I got an email saying that I've been approved to get on the CTMH consultant website. Needless to say, I've been a little distracted about that. I will get some work done before I go home today.

Things on WW haven't been as good as I would have liked them to be since I got back from KC. I'm .2 lbs away from my 40-lb-loss goal, and I don't think I'm doing too badly, but I have got to get back into journaling again like a good little WW.

There's still major boy stress here, unforunately, there's no easy way to solve the problem. I just wish that no one would get hurt. But I know that someone (or maybe all of us) will.

Jayne--Glad to hear that you're so enthusiastic! Maybe if I get enthusiastic about it again, too, we can keep each other enthusiastic. And the money spent on WW toys and tools is always money well spent--sometimes it helps me get back on track when I tell myself "you didn't spend however much money to get halfway and then stop losing" and it helps.

Stacey--Oh my goodness, it's so good to see you back!!! How are you??

Kirsty--My knees don't cause me any pain (yet), but they are really noisy! Anytime I walk up a step, they crack really loud. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles finding shoes. I imagine that stores will soon be catering to larger-footed ladies. A lot of stores have started carrying larger sizes for larger ladies, so I imagine shoe stores won't be far behind.

Tonya--Glad to see you back and glad to hear that the house project is coming along.

JenL--Sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good and I hope you feel better soon!

Rina--I'm glad to hear that you had such a good day! 5 banked points AND pizza? You're a wonder woman!

Laura--I bet you'll be surpised at WI. As far as your boy dilemma goes, I don't think I'd worry too much about it unless marriage comes up. Both of your situations could change and you could end up both feeling the same way. It's too early to be stressing about that and it's possible that the relationship won't end due to whether or not you want kids. Enjoy yourself and don't fret.

Belle--Would you be doing WW Online or WW etools? One of my mom's friends does WW Online and really likes it. She says she stays motivated and OP by telling herself that the only person she's cheating when she cheats is herself, which is totally true.

KT--Have lots of fun in your meetings!

OK, now I'm going to do some work, I suppose... But I'm not happy about it.
Closed Thread