General chatter - Baseball Free Agents, Trades and Rumor Mill.

Clydegirl
11-06-2010, 10:46 PM
It's about to start.

Get your check books out. Who's going to get paid too much?

Where's my baseball buddies?

Could one of the mods fix the typo in the title and close the playoff run thread? Thanks.

BillBlueEyes
11-06-2010, 10:48 PM
The Nation has signed David Ortiz for another year as designated hitter.

All is well.

EZMONEY
11-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Butter up for some basrball!

EZMONEY
11-06-2010, 11:11 PM
My guys seem to think a second level pitcher and a back-up catcher is all we need...

gonna be a long season in 2011

Clydegirl
11-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Butter up for some basrball!

:p

Where's the mods when you need them?

Clydegirl
11-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Well we have a huge albatross hanging over our heads.

Albert's contract will be up after next year. He wants to be signed a Cardinal for life and has said so just last week. How much, who knows and for how long?

cbmare
11-07-2010, 01:25 AM
It is going to be interesting to see what my rag tag team of misfits will do. I know that they told "the panda" to shape up before spring training. Don't know what they will do with the rest of them. Quite a few, like Buster Posey, are free agents.

Sweetcaroline
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Thank you for starting the thread Clydegirl...

Boston better pull out their checkbooks and keep Beltre.. I'm so happy they kept Papi...
OK... how many days till Spring Training...

Clydegirl
11-08-2010, 12:12 AM
So are the Red Sox going to get in the bidding war for Cliff Lee?

There's an awful lot of rumors here about Colby Rasmus. In my opinion we need to keep him. He's cheap and young.

Slashnl
11-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Well, so far, I've heard that the Rockies traded Miguel Olivo for "a player to be named later". ugh.

Sweetcaroline
11-09-2010, 01:07 AM
As far as Cliff goes, Boy, I would expect the Sox to be in the running...
If the Yankees get him the 'Nation' will lose their minds... :dizzy:

Slashnl
11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Did you hear??? No more Joe Morgan and Jon Miller on Sunday night baseball on ESPN. I'm happy! How about you?

EZMONEY
11-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I was so happy when I read that this morning! Even better Orel Hershiser is taking Joe (I WILL REPEAT EVERYTHING 20 TIMES.....I WILL REPEAT EVERYTHING 20 Times....X 10) Morgan....

cbmare
11-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Did you hear??? No more Joe Morgan and Jon Miller on Sunday night baseball on ESPN. I'm happy! How about you?

I liked Jon Miller. I could not stand Joe Morgan! "I wouldn't have done it that way." "When I played......"

EZMONEY
11-09-2010, 10:38 PM
I, too, am a Jon Miller fan...sorry to see him go...but I guess he still may be on radio for the Sunday night game...not that I would ever listen.

Clydegirl
11-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Ugh I hate when they play games on Sunday nights.

Joe and Jon never helped.

Slashnl
11-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I heard that Orel Hershiser is one of the replacements. I can't remember who else is joining him.

Sweetcaroline
11-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Oh this news made my day !...
Now if they would just give Joe Buck the axe I'd be dancing around...

Slashnl
11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
So, two Rockies received golden gloves! That's good news.

Caroline: I hear you about Joe Buck.

Clydegirl
11-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Gold gloves for Albert and Yadi.

Sweetcaroline
11-11-2010, 11:37 PM
very nice gloves Clydegirl... congrats !
I don't think we won any gold this season... unless you want to count all the rehab games...

EZMONEY
11-12-2010, 08:49 AM
WHO?! can even think about baseball right now with my LAKERS losing last night?.....:(

I just knew they were going undefeated.....;)

Clydegirl
11-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Silver slugger awards for Pujols and Holliday.

The owners of the Cubs want state aid to renovate Wrigley Field. I don't agree with that and not just because I'm a Cards fan.

Slashnl
11-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Silver slugger awards for Pujols and Holliday.

The owners of the Cubs want state aid to renovate Wrigley Field. I don't agree with that and not just because I'm a Cards fan.

Two silver sluggers for the Rockies, too. Tulowitzki and Gonzales!

I hadn't heard that about the Cubs. That's crazy. If you own the team, pay the price and take care of things!!

EZMONEY
11-14-2010, 09:48 AM
KIRK GIBSON sells historic bat, jerseyEmail Print Comments4 Associated Press

LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. -- The bat Kirk Gibson used for his historic home run for the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 1988 World Series sold for $575,912.40 early Sunday in SCP Auctions' October/November auction.

Gibson's home jersey from Game 1 of the World Series went for $303,277.20.

The auction also included Gibson's 1988 World Series batting helmet ($153,388.80), NL most valuable player award ($110,293.20), World Series trophy ($45,578.40) and World Series road uniform ($9,664.80).

Proceeds from the sale of the World Series trophy and MVP award will benefit the Kirk Gibson Foundation.

I hope I am in his foundation ;)

The identities of the winning bidders weren't revealed.

Also, a 1934 Babe Ruth professional-model bat used by Ruth to hit career home run No. 702 sold for $137,865.60, a Ty Cobb H&B side-written professional model game-used bat went for $75,330, and a 1953 Mickey Mantle New York Yankees game-worn, autographed road jersey sold for $62,256.

And I had a tough time throwing out 20+ year old bowling trophies that had been boxed for almost that long :D

Clydegirl
11-15-2010, 11:34 PM
So Buster Posey wins Rookie of the Year for the National League. Good choice I think.

Gary I hear the Dodgers are interested in Jake Westbrook.

EZMONEY
11-16-2010, 09:08 AM
So Buster Posey wins Rookie of the Year for the National League. Good choice I think.

I agree ...against my will....on Buster :D

Talk here last night was Cards were gonna keep Jake...but we are looking no higher than a middle of the road guy because of $$$$ so he is right there for that. I wouldn't hate it based on circumstances.

cbmare
11-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Yippeee for Buster! First one to win Rookie of the Year AND the World Series in the same year.

Clydegirl
11-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Roy Halladay wins the Cy Young as expected.

My man Wainwright second place. I don't have a problem with that this year. He was robbed last year, just saying ;)

Clydegirl
11-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Jake Westbrook signed a 2 year deal with the Cards today.

He's a good pitcher the type Dave Duncan likes to work with.

BillBlueEyes
11-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Paging SweetCaroline - Is The Nation playing any winter baseball? Are we ready for next year?

EZMONEY
11-17-2010, 08:54 AM
WE signed Kuroda and Lily so that just about does it for the foundation....still looking for a used catcher and pitcher...

I hear MANYNY is still available....any takers?

WOW did his 15 minutes go fast...once the alarm went off!

BillBlueEyes
11-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I hear MANYNY is still available....any takers?BTDT

EZMONEY
11-17-2010, 10:28 AM
BTDT

Then I assume BILL that NATION doesn't want a do-over :D

Clydegirl
11-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Stan Musial will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The greatest Cardinal of them all, Stan The Man.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101117&content_id=16129114&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Sweetcaroline
11-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Paging SweetCaroline - Is The Nation playing any winter baseball? Are we ready for next year?

Hi Bill ......... absolutely ! we are getting ready. Wally is in his adirondack chair all ready to go...

Hi everyone..........Miss you guys :hug:... It seems almost every night around 7pm I get this pit in my stomach and wonder why ? :?: then I remember... no baseball tonight ...

Clydegirl
11-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh there you are Miss Caroline. We miss you on here.

Joey Votto got the NL MVP.

Still waiting for front office to sort out a new contract for Albert. Anytime clock is ticking. Don't want any of those east coast teams to nab him when he becomes a free agent.

Clydegirl
11-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Cardinals get Theriot from the Dodgers for Hawksworth.

What about that huge contract Tulo got from the Rockies today!!

EZMONEY
11-30-2010, 07:48 PM
I am sorry to see Theriot go, he is a solid person, but the writing was on the wall when the Dodgers signed Juan Uribe yesterday from the giants.

Signed back Jon Garland, after he left us after one year to go to the padres last year....wish they hadn't let him leave last year....decent middle/end of the rotation pitcher.

Clydegirl
11-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Gary, Hawksworth is one of those pitchers you never know what you're going to get. Some days you cringe when he comes up to the mound then other days he's lights out.

EZMONEY
11-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Gary, Hawksworth is one of those pitchers you never know what you're going to get. Some days you cringe when he comes up to the mound then other days he's lights out.

Sounds like my days of pitching in Little and Pony Leagues.... but I am sure there were a lot more "cringing" for my parents when I was throwing than lights out!

Especially the time I gave the ump the "bird" when his back was turned....I was all of 12 yrs. old.....needless to say it was not my parents proudest moment :mad:

BillBlueEyes
12-01-2010, 10:43 AM
SweetCaroline - Are you advising your man, Mr. Henry, to bid for Jetter for The Nation? How much?

EZMONEY
12-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Nice pick up NATION

the folks in San Diego have seen this coming for a while.....they are not too happy...

too bad...so sad!!

Clydegirl
12-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Cardinals just signed Lance Berkman to a one year deal. Nice to have a switch hitter with a big bat.

He will play left field and Matt Holliday will move to right.

Luddy
12-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I've missed this thread! :wave:

I run a sports ticker as part of my job and yesterday read, "Lance Berkman agrees to 1-year deal.." about 10x before I cared to pay enough attention to finish it and realize it was with the Cardinals! Just hope he's healthy enough for some production...for 8 million, we could've *almost* kept Ludwick (I'm not that delusional, promise).

Then I go to read about it and realize Theriot is now a Cardinal and about all the other trades and deals around the league...I'm fake ashamed at my lack of following what's happening in the baseball world!

Berkman's offense could be a really great addition but I want to keep seeing Brendan Ryan at ss...not a huge Theriot fan. Defense downgrade, imo.

Clydegirl
12-05-2010, 09:21 PM
OMG Jayson Werth just signed with the Nationals.

7 year deal 126 million. Wow.

EZMONEY
12-05-2010, 09:30 PM
OMG Jayson Werth just signed with the Nationals.

7 year deal 126 million. Wow.

How good can he be? WE dumped him :D....of course it was a complicated issue at the time.....

IMHO....way too much $$$$ ;)

Clydegirl
12-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I agree too much money. The money he and Gonzalez are getting makes me want to :faint: :faint: at what sort of money Albert might get. His agent will be meeting with the Cards this week. They need to get him signed. Just hope it doesn't make us bankrupt.

Luddy hello there :wave:.

I would like them to keep Ryan for his defense. I hate seeing Skip still at 2nd. He is not a second baseman. Get him back in the outfield. Move Theriot to 2nd or bring up Daniel Descalso from the minors. They have too many players playing out of position.

But you know Tony LaRussa likes to move his players around.

They also got a pitcher last week, Tallet from the Blue Jays. He's a lefty.

I think Berkman will be a good guy to have around. Hope he hits well. He's dropped a few pounds and his knee is much better.

How many days until Spring Training?

Clydegirl
12-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Bumping this up.

So where will Brendan Ryan go? That is the question. Who wants him?

I heard the Rockies and Baltimore were interested.

EZMONEY
12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
:carrot: WE got Tony Gwynn! :carrot:

:o oh....THAT Tony Gwynn.....jr.......:(

just what we need....another .200 hitter

Well, at least I can say, when he gets in the game..."my son played against that guy!".....

but that was high school....and basketball ;)

EZMONEY
12-09-2010, 09:14 AM
:yikes: almost 300 MILLION for 2 players/7 years....oh my :faint:

who got da money?.....NATION got da money!

George is turning over in his grave......

Clydegirl
12-09-2010, 10:09 AM
It's crazy the money that gets thrown around.

We still need a back-up catcher.

Slashnl
12-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Wow. The paychecks that these guys are going to receive. Just blows me away. I'm sorry, but they aren't worth that much money. But, kudos to them for being able to get someone to pay them that much.

Slashnl
12-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Cliff Lee to Philly. Wow. That is a scary thought with Cliff and Roy Halliday on the same team.

At least he didn't go to the Yankees. You have to admire that!!

suzie76
12-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Very happy Phillies fan here :D

Sherry

Clydegirl
12-14-2010, 03:29 PM
I love what Cliff Lee just did.

I hate that he's playing for the Phillies.

XLMuffnTop
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
As a Rangers fan I have mixed feelings about how everything went down with Cliff Lee. One the one hand it hurts to see a great starting pitcher go to another team. On the other, I was nervous about the Rangers getting saddled with another huge salary for one player; it hasn't really turned out too well for us in the past.

Hopefully next year will go as well as the 2010 season went... except with a better ending. ;)

EZMONEY
12-14-2010, 07:52 PM
:?: I just don't get it :?:

All that money some of these teams are paying out....over $100 million for one player! My goodness :)

What are they thinking?

Why MY DODGERS haven't even spent $100 million on the 8 guys we picked up in free agents...

talk about spending wisely....even got Juan Castro back for the third time...

how about that!

OUR motto for 2011 will surely be along the lines of...

Dodger Baseball ~ We set our goals low so that we may achieve them!

Slashnl
12-15-2010, 02:44 PM
:?: I just don't get it :?:

All that money some of these teams are paying out....over $100 million for one player! My goodness :)

What are they thinking?

Why MY DODGERS haven't even spent $100 million on the 8 guys we picked up in free agents...

talk about spending wisely....even got Juan Castro back for the third time...

how about that!

OUR motto for 2011 will surely be along the lines of...

Dodger Baseball ~ We set our goals low so that we may achieve them!

Gary, you must be so proud.

That post cracked me up!

EZMONEY
12-20-2010, 12:11 AM
As of today this is our projected starting defense for next season....

Rafael Furcal, SS
James Loney, 1B
Andre Ethier, LF
Matt Kemp, RF
Juan Uribe, 2B
Casey Blake, 3B
Rod Barajas, C
Tony Gwynn Jr., CF

Pretty sure I won't be giving up drinking anytime soon......

Clydegirl
12-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I can beat that Gary.

We have the wost middle infield in all of baseball. An outfielder playing 2nd and a second baseman playing shortstop. Go figure!!!!

Our 3rd baseman was injured/DL more than half the season.

Just signed Berkman to play the outfield.He hasn't played there in years.

Fun times.

EZMONEY
12-21-2010, 10:10 AM
I would let you share in my pain BIG BIRD...one little problem....

you still have ALBERT!....in that infield...

we have James (no need to hit with power) Loney....

Clydegirl
12-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Pitchers and catchers report in 45 days :)

EZMONEY
12-30-2010, 09:15 PM

Clydegirl
12-30-2010, 11:35 PM

Me too.

BillBlueEyes
12-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Patience, kiddies,

Super Bowl XLV isn't even over yet.

[Kinda hoping the local team makes it to Dallas.]

EZMONEY
01-04-2011, 08:43 PM
NATION ~ He's baaaack!

Oh, and for most of the early 70's he was my favorite player ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5987630

BillBlueEyes
01-04-2011, 09:21 PM
So, Bill Bruckner has forgiven the fans for being annoyed that an easy ball went through his legs in Game 6 of the 1985 World Series.

OK.

Some fans remain annoyed at Bill Bruckner. I won't mention names.

Where's Sweetcaroline when we need her?

EZMONEY
01-04-2011, 09:47 PM
So, Bill Bruckner has forgiven the fans for being annoyed that an easy ball went through his legs in Game 6 of the 1985 World Series.

OK.

Some fans remain annoyed at Bill Bruckner. I won't mention names.

Where's Sweetcaroline when we need her?

That error ruined his life for years....it was a sad thing. Remember Donnie Moore of the Angels? :( Buckner played a part in that sad history too.

SWEET~C has been known to show up on Facebook ;)

Sweetcaroline
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi guys.... :newyear:
I'm counting down the days with you, can't wait !
I got a whiff of 'warm' air the other day and all I could think of Opening Day...
I'd really like the ink to dry out in Adrian Beltres' pen before he signs with the Rangers....... waaaaaaa

...... In the meantime, I'm with Bill.. we have a couple of 'other' games
to get through..please tell me the Pats haven't peaked too early

Off to the WW thread :o

Slashnl
01-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Just briefly watched the last part of "Field of Dreams" on TV the other night. It made me yearn for baseball and baseball weather! I know, football isn't over yet, and I do love me some football! But, is there anything better than sitting in the sun watching baseball? I think not!!

Clydegirl
01-15-2011, 10:18 AM
We are heading downtown to the Hyatt Regency for Cardinals Winter Warm Up.

It's on for 3 days. Everyone will be there :)

BillBlueEyes
01-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Enough already. With all due respect, there's football to be watched and guacamole yet to be made and consumed.

The Patriots have a game tomorrow against the team with the coach with a mouth. I worry when all the paid pundits predict an easy win. Methinks all teams play better with an edge.

EZMONEY
01-15-2011, 12:40 PM
We are heading downtown to the Hyatt Regency for Cardinals Winter Warm Up.

It's on for 3 days. Everyone will be there :)

EVERYONE? ...if you see Jack Clark slap him down for me :D

Enough already. With all due respect, there's football to be watched and guacamole yet to be made and consumed.

The Patriots have a game tomorrow against the team with the coach with a mouth. I worry when all the paid pundits predict an easy win. Methinks all teams play better with an edge.

That coach is going to go toe-to-toe with you guys. Don't let him walk all over you! He's always saying he is gonna stomp on people....plenty of times he has put his foot in his mouth ;)

EZMONEY
01-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Almost forgot...

evidently our owner has had to take an advance from FOX sports on this years TV money....

and we are weeks away from spring....

oh my.....

Sweetcaroline
01-15-2011, 05:10 PM

...... thank goodness we are on home turf... 45-17

Sweetcaroline
01-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Hello All...:D

Clydegirl... you are a diehard... how cold is it out there ?

Clydegirl
01-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Hello All...:D

Clydegirl... you are a diehard... how cold is it out there ?

It feels like 24 degrees but we were inside the Hyatt Regency.

Clydegirl
01-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Just got home. A fun day.

We have some fine looking players.

EZMONEY
01-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Just got home. A fun day.

We have some fine looking players.

It's Baseball Big Bird...not a beauty pageant....;)

Clydegirl
01-16-2011, 11:19 AM
It's Baseball Big Bird...not a beauty pageant....;)

Oh hush.

Back today. The big guns are out today. Pujols, Holliday, Wainwright, Garcia. I could go on.

They all play fundamentally good baseball.

BillBlueEyes
01-16-2011, 10:42 PM
OK, football season is over. Ready to think baseball.

Guacamole is over rated, high calorie, and not on my eating plan anyway. Lest you folks forget, this is a board interested in healthy eating. The best way to control one's weight for the year is to skip Superbowl Sunday.

Done.

Sweetcaroline
01-18-2011, 12:36 AM
OK, football season is over. Ready to think baseball.

Guacamole is over rated, high calorie, and not on my eating plan anyway. Lest you folks forget, this is a board interested in healthy eating. The best way to control one's weight for the year is to skip Superbowl Sunday.

Done.

Yup... I'm skipping it, who needs it, no use for it, food stinks, commericals are stupid...
I'm moving on...... :kickcan:
Lets get to the baseball stuff...

..........waaaaaaaaaaa...I hate NY !

Slashnl
01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh come on, you New Englanders! Denver wasn't even in the playoffs, and I'm still watching.

You really can't find a team that you want to watch just hoping they lose??? (Maybe the Jets?) My whole goal is to see Chicago lose. Cutler... BOO!

Sweetcaroline
01-18-2011, 04:47 PM
We're a spoiled bunch up here Diane ...

Good news ......... they just signed Papelbon and Ellsbury ... whew...

EZMONEY
01-18-2011, 07:29 PM
I have lost my 6-pack bet with my buddy again this year on Bears vs Raiders for best record...gonna try to go double or nothing on the Bears vs Green Bay game...I know he will go for it.

Word on the streets is the reason DIANE hasn't been whining round here is that her Rocks have spent the most $$$$ in the off season....

We just picked up another 3rd stringer from those damn yankees....Thames....

whoppy do....do

Clydegirl
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
We haven't spent much, wonder why?

Will you please get it done, management.

I'm going with the Bears.

happenstance
01-18-2011, 11:18 PM

Agreed! So glad Bus won ROY!!!!
Renteria has signed with the Reds...didn't see that coming.

BillBlueEyes
01-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Wake up! Isn't anyone gonna comment that Johnny Damon and Manny himself are going to be teammates again for the Rays. It'll make for some lively cheering when they get to Fenway park.

I do miss Johnny Damon; still smarting that The Nation lost him.

Clydegirl
01-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I slept late.

Well at least The Nation will get to see Manny more often this year.

Cards signed Punto. Who?? From the Twins.

He's the sort of player Tony likes . He can play middle infield and he was cheap.

EZMONEY
01-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Wake up! Isn't anyone gonna comment that Johnny Damon and Manny himself are going to be teammates again for the Rays. It'll make for some lively cheering when they get to Fenway park.

Sorry friend....I just got to this in the Los Angeles Times sports section today....page 8.....I am not kidding!

I will always be grateful to MANNY for breathing life back into us for those two years...

and will always have friends to hang out with when we discuss how he sucked that life right out of us at the end...

Sweetcaroline
01-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Page 8 Gary... what's that about...
I'm here Bill...
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this point..
Embarrassingly, my sister (a Sox fan in-training) told me this news and I didn't believe her...
I thought it was very weird that they were holding a special lottery for green monster tix .... hmmm...

YankeeFan14040
01-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Yes, I too miss Damon on our team. And Yankee Stadium was perfect for his swing with it's famous short porch in right field.

Slashnl
01-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Sorry, I've been gone for a few days. I'm having trouble keeping track of what the Rockies are doing. I know about the big contract extensions with TroyTulowitski and Carlos Gonzales, but not much else. I'm so uninformed.

Sweetcaroline
01-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Nice to see you Diane...
Hi Yankeefan......

Sox tix go on sale Saturday...
Hey Bill just pm me with your credit card.. K ?

Slashnl
01-27-2011, 12:02 PM
So, for all you New Englanders... will you ever see your baseball fields again? Looks like many might be totally buried in snow! Hope everyone stays safe and warm!

Sweetcaroline
01-27-2011, 11:04 PM
.... ha ha Diane... I think we have more than you guys right now...
.... New Hampshire has been 'spared' somewhat...
but the bulk of Mass is buried.. :snow4:

Bill where are you ?... I need that card number... :D

I heard California is next... big blizzard headed for Dodger stadium :shocksn:

EZMONEY
01-27-2011, 11:50 PM
I heard California is next... big blizzard headed for Dodger stadium :shocksn:

:D It is gonna be a dooozy SWEET-C!...I hear we will be flooded with mediocrity! ;)

BillBlueEyes
01-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Sweetcaroline - Card number on the way. Thought I'd bring it personally; already I've driven 18 inches down my driveway and I'm shoveling as fast as I can.

I have tickets for two games - one in July and one in August.

Sweetcaroline
01-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Sweetcaroline - Card number on the way. Thought I'd bring it personally; already I've driven 18 inches down my driveway and I'm shoveling as fast as I can.

I have tickets for two games - one in July and one in August.

That's great Bill....... I didn't get any when the bulk of them went on sale, its been slim pickings since, some April and Sept left...
I'm ready for the sit-in tomorrow for at least one Yankee, Texas or Ray game.

How about the rest of you.......planning to go to some games ?

Remembering those lost in the Challenger disaster... 25 years ago today

Clydegirl
01-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Yes we are going to some games.

I ordered some more last night.

EZMONEY
01-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Remembering those lost in the Challenger disaster... 25 years ago today

:( :(

EZMONEY
01-28-2011, 11:20 PM
I may skip on games this year and order the MLB package again....

Clydegirl
01-28-2011, 11:37 PM
We are planning a road trip to either Milwaukee or Chicago.

EZMONEY
01-29-2011, 09:46 AM
We are planning a road trip to either Milwaukee or Chicago.

I imagine there will be plenty of seats in LA this year...;)....:D

Sweetcaroline
01-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Kinda bummed today... I tried and tried to get tickets but every game was sold out, single seats, obstructed view or $100 each... :(

Clydegirl
01-29-2011, 06:22 PM
I imagine there will be plenty of seats in LA this year...;)....:D

Caroline road trip to LA. Gary will buy the tickets.

Sorry you were not able to get tickets today.

EZMONEY
01-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Caroline road trip to LA. Gary will buy the tickets.

Sorry you were not able to get tickets today.

That would be so cool if we could ALL go to a game together :)

SWEET-C a couple of years ago and back 2 years I went online for Dodger and Angel tickets the day they went on sale...early too...they sold out all the good games (week-ends, inter league and rivals) I so wanted to get a good game for myself, son, nephew and brother, bil and the Kidnapper...I gave up...seriously...if I never go to another game I can live with that!...as long as I have my High Def :D

My kids go to Dodger stadium and Petco Park for the Padres a lot...Dodgers are 100 miles away and San Diego is less than 40 for any of us...as for me...I am fine in my recliner now....

although I would go if we all met up ;)

Slashnl
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm sad that I've never been to Coors Field. I really need to make a trip to Denver for a game. My son would be thrilled. Oh heck.... I would be thrilled. So ready for some baseball.

My son is a Freshman in high school, so he will be trying out to make the team this year. We won't know until the end of February. I'm hopeful! But it is competitive. Lots of boys want to play.

Sweetcaroline
02-01-2011, 09:15 PM
The Red Sox equipment trucks are being loaded up ...
Pitchers and catchers report in 10 days .. :cheer:

Who cares about the super bowl... :D

Clydegirl
02-04-2011, 04:05 PM
The clock is ticking.........

gma22
02-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Clydegirl: I hear things ain't a goin' so good with the Puhols contract that the Cards are dragging their feet at the at least 5 years $125,000,000 contract. All I can say is we Cubbies would welcome Albert with open arms like we did Jim Edmonds. Al, even though you are a Card you could be a Cub and we would love you! :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I told my husband just awhile ago as we were talking baseball and can't wait for it to get started. Our mantra "there is always next year" has come around again...:D Anyway, I told Jack that IMO you can't be an organization that sells the heck out of your player to the media about he being the best first basemen ever, then pay him less than another 1st baseman, ie Ron Howard of the Phillies who was just given the exact contract stated above. They need to step up to the plate and just pay the man! (BTW, I know your Triple A team is here in Memphis, but I grew up in Northwest Indiana and have always bled Cubbie blue!) ;)

Clydegirl
02-04-2011, 05:14 PM
:cp:

I'm so happy Jim Edmonds has been signed to a minor league deal and will be at Spring Training wearing a Cardinal's shirt.

:bravo:

He will retire a Cardinal :D

Clydegirl
02-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Clydegirl: I hear things ain't a goin' so good with the Puhols contract that the Cards are dragging their feet at the at least 5 years $125,000,000 contract. All I can say is we Cubbies would welcome Albert with open arms like we did Jim Edmonds. Al, even though you are a Card you could be a Cub and we would love you! :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I told my husband just awhile ago as we were talking baseball and can't wait for it to get started. Our mantra "there is always next year" has come around again...:D Anyway, I told Jack that IMO you can't be an organization that sells the heck out of your player to the media about he being the best first basemen ever, then pay him less than another 1st baseman, ie Ron Howard of the Phillies who was just given the exact contract stated above. They need to step up to the plate and just pay the man!

Amen, just pay the man.

We got Jimmy Ballgame back. I'm happy today.

gma22
02-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I agree! I always find it awful when players don't get to retire with the team they played for pretty much their career. I was very irritated when they didn't allow Andre Dawson to be put into the Hall of Fame as a Cub but as an Expo. We got Kerry Woods back and am hoping he will retire with the Cubs and Maddux is now in the front office, which is nice. I was teasing you about Puhols. I do believe he should be able to stay with St Lou and retire there as a Card so the front office needs to get their hands out of their pockets and make it happen. I just wish Jim Hendry had his head out of his derrier and had signed Ryne Sandburg as our manager instead of Quade. I don't think he is right for the job, frankly.

Clydegirl
02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
The trucks are on the road to Jupiter :)

Clydegirl
02-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Gary I see you picked up Aaron Miles today.

He's very handy to have around. He can even pitch when needed :)

EZMONEY
02-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Gary I see you picked up Aaron Miles today.

He's very handy to have around. He can even pitch when needed :)

He could probably make the starting rotation! ;)

EZMONEY
02-09-2011, 11:01 PM
I am just so upset :no: I could spit...

Poor :bb: a-rod is so upset that FOX showed him and his girlfriend, Cameron Diaz, at the Super Bowl in their luxury seats....eating popcorn :corn:

Guess he didn't think there would be cameras there?.....:dizzy:

I am so sure no one will bring that up during the season....

what a clown.....

EDIT~ TMZ just showed him picking his nose and wiping it on the counter at a clothing store..after showing him checking out his butt in the mirror!...classic clown

Sweetcaroline
02-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Its here... Its here... I've been MIA... are the rest of you still shoveling ?

or... perhaps I'm missing the new thread ?

Clydegirl
02-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Its here... Its here... I've been MIA... are the rest of you still shoveling ?

or... perhaps I'm missing the new thread ?

You are missing the new thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/225627-spring-training.html