Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #1  
keep on keepin on

S/C/G: 239 highest 227//227/150

Height: 5'2"

Default This is it!!!! I am going to make it. No if's, and's or but's...

I am recommitting today! I absolutely have to stay on track. I seem to give myself all kinds of excuses to eat things that are terrible for me. Then I get caught in this nasty cycle of overeating lots of junk food. I feel miserable. I'm kicking myself into gear and starting today. I am on track. For good. That's it! I'm done! Done being sick and tired and having heart burn and achy knees and mood swings and acne and all the other crappy things I feel from overeating. I have to come here more also. I don't post often. I find so much info and encouragement here. I read a lot of post last night. Cleaned up my plan and am putting that plan into action! So this is it! No more excuses! No. Matter. What.
airbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear View Post
I am recommitting today! I absolutely have to stay on track. I seem to give myself all kinds of excuses to eat things that are terrible for me. Then I get caught in this nasty cycle of overeating lots of junk food. I feel miserable. I'm kicking myself into gear and starting today. I am on track. For good. That's it! I'm done! Done being sick and tired and having heart burn and achy knees and mood swings and acne and all the other crappy things I feel from overeating. I have to come here more also. I don't post often. I find so much info and encouragement here. I read a lot of post last night. Cleaned up my plan and am putting that plan into action! So this is it! No more excuses! No. Matter. What.
Yay!!! So what are you doing to ENSURE that you stay on plan? In other words, how are you setting yourself up for success???

For me, I had to totally and completely ban the junk. It was no longer an option for me to eat it. I tried the moderation route, the "just one bite" route too many times. I had a hard (impossible) time stopping to eat the junk once I started; my solution - don't start. Problem solved! 165 lbs shed.

Though I elminated lots of junk (& carbs, rice, pasta, bread, etc), I made CERTAIN to ADD in healthy, healthy, yet delicious, lower calorie items. And I planned out each and every morsel ahead of time. I planned for everything (still do). Much easier to stay on plan, when you've got one.

So, what's your plan? How are you going to make this happen? What's your mode of attack?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

You can do it!! The biggest step is recommitting and deciding that you are going to do it and you have already done that.
We all have set backs, I just had one....we just have to get back on
track and keep on trucking and not let a set back destroy us completely.
NOBODY is perfect, and if they say they are then they are lying.
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #4  
keep on keepin on

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement.

This is my plan of attack!!!! Because I am attacking it for good.

I am giving up sugar. I know from past experience that I have more "will power" when I don't eat it. Period. I'm also making the core of my diet protein from meat and eggs and carbs from veggies and some fruits. Whole grains will be minimal. I'm not particularly fond of them anyway. So basically no white stuff, except for potatoes. I know that I can have those occasionally in small portions along with protein and I will not have cravings. I also know that fat keeps me satiated. I don't do well on extremely low fat. I will continue to use coconut oil and olive oil and I use real butter too. I guess one good thing about trying many diets is that you learn what you can and can not live with. I am going from counting points to calorie counting. I feel I will make better choices this way and estimate less. I will also only be eating when it is time to eat. I will use the clock as a tool. I can not go by my appetite because I would eat every hour on the hour. I tried IE and that doesn't work for me, AT ALL. I use Walk Away the Pounds. I like it a lot. I would like to incorporate some weight training also.

It's so easy to stay where you are and to not move from your comfort zone. But my comfort zone isn't comfortable anymore. I hate it, actually. I know what I need to do and I am going to do it. I will no longer waste my life being this way. NO more. I'm sure I'll make adjustments as I progress. But I will not make anymore excuses for eating the junk that makes me feel so so bad!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Thank you all for your comments and encouragement.

This is my plan of attack!!!! Because I am attacking it for good.

I am giving up sugar. I know from past experience that I have more "will power" when I don't eat it. Period. I'm also making the core of my diet protein from meat and eggs and carbs from veggies and some fruits. Whole grains will be minimal. I'm not particularly fond of them anyway. So basically no white stuff, except for potatoes. I know that I can have those occasionally in small portions along with protein and I will not have cravings. I also know that fat keeps me satiated. I don't do well on extremely low fat. I will continue to use coconut oil and olive oil and I use real butter too. I guess one good thing about trying many diets is that you learn what you can and can not live with. I am going from counting points to calorie counting. I feel I will make better choices this way and estimate less. I will also only be eating when it is time to eat. I will use the clock as a tool. I can not go by my appetite because I would eat every hour on the hour. I tried IE and that doesn't work for me, AT ALL. I use Walk Away the Pounds. I like it a lot. I would like to incorporate some weight training also.

It's so easy to stay where you are and to not move from your comfort zone. But my comfort zone isn't comfortable anymore. I hate it, actually. I know what I need to do and I am going to do it. I will no longer waste my life being this way. NO more. I'm sure I'll make adjustments as I progress. But I will not make anymore excuses for eating the junk that makes me feel so so bad!

I too don't do pasta, rice grains (even healthy ones). Sugar was 1000% off the table, totally banned during the losing portion of my journey.

As far as healthy fats, don't forget avocado and nuts - counted out and allotted for as they are calorie dense.

I'm so excited for you! It sounds like you really pieced together a plan custom fit for you. I look forward to hearing of your progress.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #6  
keep on keepin on

Yes! Sugar is my weakness.

Carlyjordon2002 - Gummies, love them. But if I don't eat any. I'm okay. I don't enjoy only eating a few. So for me it's better not to even get started.

rockinrobin - I have control issues with nuts. That is something I have to work on. I really like avocados and know I won't over eat them.

Day 1 was excellent! I slept well. I was down 2 pounds this morning. It feels great to be on track again. I know it will only get better if I stick to my plan like glue.

Thank you, ladies, for the encouragement.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Yes! Sugar is my weakness.

rockinrobin - I have control issues with nuts. That is something I have to work on. I really like avocados and know I won't over eat them.

Day 1 was excellent! I slept well. I was down 2 pounds this morning. It feels great to be on track again. I know it will only get better if I stick to my plan like glue.

Thank you, ladies, for the encouragement.
Yay, Day one under your belt. Atta girl!!!

Keep at it. Just keep on going. Push through it.

I too can't do nuts. Nope. As healthy as they are, once you start OVEReating them, they are much more a detriment to your health that a plus. So, I avoid them.

Sugar? Yeah, no. can. do.

Here's to day 2 and 3 and 4 and - well there's no reason to stop is there?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #8  
keep on keepin on

There is no reason to stop.
Day 2 was awesome! One pound down today. I know this will slow down, it's just the "water weight/adjustment".