Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #1  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Talking Weirdest thing to notice about weight training...

I sometimes get a morning coffee with an extra shot of expresso on days I KNOW are going to be strenuous. This morning I grabbed a large coffee from a drive through window and started on my way to work. Once I got out of the car I grabbed the cup and immediately got frustrated. The barista had cut me short!!! The cup was so freaken light I pulled the top off but low and behold... The coffee was full to the top.

As weird as it sound... at one point coffee cups (well... FULL coffee cups) seemed heavy to me. A tiny, if not strange, victory... To think that I thought that a full 20oz cup was empty!!!

I also benched 95lbs last night. Two months ago I was struggling with 45lbs. It's just a really good feeling to know that this hard work is paying off and in funny ways!

Anyone else notice weird things that are different in their life with the addition of strength or the loss of fat?!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

My personal trainer handed me a ten pound weight a few months ago and I tensed the muscle as if it was heavy. I ended up hitting myself in the face.

And yes...I lift weights so I can carry laundry and groceries!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

WOO HOO!

I notice the same thing- things that used to be heavy are MUCH easier to lift now (yay P90X).
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #4  
Undead Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
My personal trainer handed me a ten pound weight a few months ago and I tensed the muscle as if it was heavy. I ended up hitting myself in the face.

And yes...I lift weights so I can carry laundry and groceries!
My coworker looked at me strange when I tried to suppress my laughter and instead snorted. That is hilarious...
Old 10-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #5  
Undead Diva

Whoops... It double posted <<

Last edited by MadameZombie; 10-26-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #6  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i can lift heavy stuff that impresses my kids. i forgot what i lifted, but i felt proud.
or i can exercise with my kids. doing squats, lunges, punching a heavy bag, kicks. showing them how hard i can punch, trying to get them to punch harder! common! i'm your mom! lol
i was showing my son how to do those squats where you do a a turn. you squat, jump and turn, and repeat. it was pretty easy for me, and he was telling me how hard it was. that was cool.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #7  
Undead Diva

Lol Katy... Little kids can sometimes make you feel awesome because of how honest they are (or absolutely horrible because they have no filter). I remember being a teenager and this little girl was like "You're fat" and that was horrible!!

My husband was actually impressed last night though! He said that he had a buddy in college who couldn't even bench that and he was 6'4"!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I love this... it makes me want to go to the gym today and start strength training again!
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

I've been weight training for over 20 years and at 53 I am sooooo much stronger than my co-workers and friends of the same age or younger... Most of them will not pick up a computer screen (as an example) I just pick it up likes it's nothing... ( the old type screens I mean, not the new light flat screens )
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote