Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 11:22 AM   #1  

Talking Ten Pounds at a Time #161 - New Thread for a New Board!

I thought I would start our first thread on the new board. Hope all of you find this!

Meigg
Old 10-31-2002, 05:52 PM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

OK I guess I'm back (again) I've been lurking for weeks and it was a nice surprise when I 'popped' back into TPAAT so see so fimiliar faces.

I am having an amazing week. Just need to keep it up over the weekend. Always has been my difficult times, along with the evenings, mornings, afternoons and the middle of the night. If I can just save enough points to for the wine I know I am going to drink I'll be laughing.

I re-joined WW 4 weeks ago and have lost - wait for it - five pounds. Could be better, but keep telling myself it could be worse too.

So seems like TPAAT has come back home to 'misc groups' right back where we were when we started, until Riddle pestered 3FC constantly until they gave us our own group.

I will try and get back over the next couple of days. It is lovely to catch up with everyone again
Old 10-31-2002, 07:23 PM   #3  

Sal - 5 pounds! YOU GO!!!! Congratulations! Stick with it - I know weekends can be the worst when it comes to being good.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:27 PM   #4  
Woman on a Mission

Thanks for getting the jump start Meigg.

I thought it may be a good idea to start a new thread every Monday on this group as I'm sure we'll get alot more traffic through our group by being on the Miscellaneous Board. I look forward to keeping in touch with all of you fellow TPAT'ers and meeting some new people too!

Hey Carol, nice to see you again. Congrats on joining WW again. 5 pounds in a month is a terrific rate for loss. Keep at it and be patient.

Hope you all had a good Halloween. I'm sad to say I let some Candy get the better of me (approximately 8 points worth) so tomorrow is another day and I journalled it and although I'm not pleased with myself I was at the very least accountable for it.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Pam
Old 11-01-2002, 07:46 AM   #5  
Connecticut

Good Morning!

Welcome back, Carol, and congratulations on a 5 pounds lost! It's not easy and you are doing great. Meg, thanks for starting us off in our new home.

We welcome new ladies to join us, especially if you are overwhelmed by losing dozens of pounds and would rather concentrate on shedding "ten pounds at a time" -- psychologically it works wonders! Together we share our struggles, savor each other's successes, laugh a little (OK, a lot sometimes!), motivate, encourage, listen, and suggest. If you don't enjoy the journey, you'll never reach your destination!

So, reading?? Pop right in and introduce yourselves!!

Hey, Pam, I hear ya about the candy -- I indulged in a few too many Twizzlers myself (but only had one tiny minnie Crunch bar ). Tis another day, dear girl!

Didn't sleep much last night but work calls nonetheless; however, perhaps an extra few minutes of snooze is allowable. Night all!

Always, Terry
Old 11-01-2002, 09:51 AM   #6  

Default Where Am I Supposed To Post

Hey Ladies,

I think I posted in the wrong spot--is this where we are now.

I am not trying to go crazy posting in two different places.

Slim
Old 11-01-2002, 10:41 AM   #7  
Woman on a Mission

Good Morning Slim and Terry,

nope you're in the right spot now, they're closing our forum sometime today and we'll be posting over here now.

Thank you for your support this morning Terry in regards to that halloween candy. I let myself get stressed/mad and just blindly grabbed and ate. I should know better by now! Here's hoping today is a bit smoother but we're having our inventory here at work so it's going to be a late night and then back here again by 8;00 tomorrow morning. I packed my own supper though so that'll help keep my points in order today.

Have a great morning all and I'll check back later,

Pam
Old 11-01-2002, 11:58 AM   #8  

Hi Ladies, I found you!

Just a quick checkin, I am busy cooking today - luckily I can't eat any of it. I am baking a 20 lb turkey and 2 apple pies for an organization we belong to that is hosting a turkey dinner tomorrow. It already smells too good though. It will make it harder to stay op.

I was very good yesterday. Usually on halloween I buy candy early, eat it all then buy more. Then eat the leftovers. But not so yesterday, the new me, restricted myself to two small pieces, a total of 180 cal. and then I put it away. I will give the rest to my grandkids. I am so proud of myself and it seems so good to be in control. I can't believe it. Just those two pieces satisfied me!
From reading the post it sounds like most of you did good too. Congratulations to everyone!

Well the Halloween challenge is over and although I didn't reach my goal of 10 lbs., I did manage to lose 7. Now I am ready to start the Christmas challenge. I plan to lose 10 lbs by Christmas. These little challenges really help me to stay motivated and focused. I know if I have too many bad eating days I will not reach my goal, so I think of that when I get tempted, and it stops me! (most if the time).

I am not sure how to set it up here, so I hope someone more familiar with this board will start the challenge.

Hi to everyone, I am so glad we still can post here because this has helped me so much with staying on plan. Just being able to hear what everyone else is going through and vent any problems I am having and get advice when needed. Thanks everyone! Good luck for an op day!
Old 11-01-2002, 12:31 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies..Hi Carol..welcome "home" Congrats on the 5LBS loss...and don't dismiss it like it's nothing..it's 5lbs of BUTTER that is no longer on your hips and much better than 5lbs gained

I'm sat here drinking my hot tea and i keep telling myself that i must start drinking water again ( and dieting and exercising )but..i just can't face doing it this time of year because it chills me to the bone are you all "climatised" to drinking water now?

Are we starting a Christmas Challenge? maybe that will get me motivated again it does'nt help that it is sweatsuit time of the year..i don't feel as "fat" in elasticated waist maybe if i try on a pair of tight jeans every morning..that will help
Old 11-01-2002, 01:09 PM   #10  

Ugh - had this long reply typed out & then my 1 year old hit something & erased it all.

Anyway, hello & congrats to everyone who lost weight whether it be 1 pound or many more. I was watching TV one day & I think it was on an informercial that they showed a model of 5 pounds of fat & it was HUGE. I never thought 5 pounds was a lot till I saw that!

Congrats to Grandma G on that control. Nothing wrong with a small indulgence once in a while!!

I happy to say I met the Halloween challenge, but my goal was 5 pounds, not 10 since I started late. My weight loss has been stalled since the beg. of July despite the fact that I was still exercising, watching my calories, drinking my water, etc - so I would have been thrilled to see 1 pound at this point so 5 has really made my day! Can't wait for the next challenge! Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!!

Sept. 30 - 196
Oct. 7 - 195
Oct. 14 - 195
Oct. 21 - 196
Oct. 28 - 192
Oct. 31 - 191
Old 11-01-2002, 01:49 PM   #11  
Ginny

Hello Ladies,
Congrats to all who made their goal for the Halloween challenge, I didn't make 10 but will take the 7...not counting a couple that are still yoyoing with me...

I made up a small bag for my two grandchildren for last night, and hubby ate the rest... I just kept it away from little old me.. I can't eat chocolate anyway, so no point in having it around...

Figured I may as well start out on this forum.. though I see our old one is still there today yet. I have this page saved on my favorites so it still brought me up to the right place. I am in on the Christmas challenge.. but it will be harder as it's almost time to start baking the cookies and fudges I usually make.. but think this year I'll do it closer to Christmas and then it won't be around to long..

I see my new doctor on Monday, so hopefully I'll get some med changes and or straightened out.... sure hope so.

Well, hope everyone has an *op* day, so far I am doing good eating wise... DH still has to adjust my treadmill so I can get back on it.... it is slow and jerky right now.. O

ok, later
Dahlia
Old 11-01-2002, 05:07 PM   #12  

Been for a swim tonight - must mean it's Friday. Always used to go swimming on a Friday night. Not been for a while - on my own. take the boys every week, but I don't get a serious swim with them. But I went tonight and managed 20 lengths - half a kilometer. Will take a bit of practice to get back up to where I was before, the 20 lengths just about killed me. But I fel good for it now.

Wasn't dimissing the 5 pounds, I just wish it was easier.

But then if something is worth having, it's worth working hard for ....
Old 11-02-2002, 08:37 AM   #13  
Connecticut

Good Morning!

Weighed in this morning and down 3 lbs for a total of 6.5 since I got back on track last month. I may not make my 20 lbs to meet my New Year's challenge but as long as it keeps coming off I'll be happy.

Everyone is so motivated this morning -- and Carol's back to swimming. Carol, that always works for you so congrats and keep it up! Canuck, kudos on making your goal! Grandma, you did awesome with the Halloween candy -- ate a few more Twizzlers than I should have myself but licorice is a weakness. I know, I know, I shouldn't have bought it just because of that!

Dahlia, down 7 pounds is great -- its hard work.

So much more to say but I have to be at work soon. Cat, once you get yourself motivated, you'll do great -- you always do! Pam, I miss you on the porch!

Morning Slim, Meg, Karie and gang!

Time to rock and roll -- have a wonderful weekend everyone and I'll check back in later. Big night at the Johnsons tonight -- Spiderman. Man, my husband knows how to treat his lady.

Always, Terry
Old 11-02-2002, 02:24 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies...Carol 20 LENGTHS wow..i'm impressed Terry and Canuckrus..congrats on the weightloss
keep it up.
Dahlia congrats on the 7 and for getting rid of the choccie's
Hubby bought me a ride on mower yesterday even though i'm looking forward to using it..it won't help with the weightloss maybe i should tell him to hide it so i'll have to run around with the old one
Old 11-03-2002, 04:27 AM   #15  

Had too much wine last night - story of my life. Have to be honest with myself that I have really cut my drinking down - not that it was that bad before, but it wasn't helping my weight. Am only drinking one night a week, I didn't have that much but feels like I had too much. I don't really get hung over, no headache or dodgy tummy or anything like that. Just feeling really tired, we weren't that late home, but we're all dead beat this morning. The boys are vegging out on the couch watching a video and I'm trying to get some hand and eye co-ordination to type this.

Well done to everyone on their weight losses, I weigh in on Tuesday and am quite looking forward to it - how sad is that.

How was the video Terry, the boys liked the spiderman film, wasn't really my thing, but hey as long as you enjoyed it. A ride on mower, sounds like the height of luxury to me, I hate cutting the grass. Thank goodness it won't need cut here again until March

Need to go get some fluids, a bit dehydrated this morning
Closed Thread