Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

Default ***Weekly Chat October 11 - October 17***

I figured I would start this week off! There is a first time for everything!
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:09 AM   #2  

My goal this month is to reboot. I was off course and I want to get back on track. So my goals this week
Week Oct 11
-workout 3 days
-reread "Eat Your Way to Happiness"
-eat 4 servings of fruits and veggies every day
-book an appointment in my naturopath
Week Oct 18
-workout 4 days
-eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day
Week Oct 25
-workout 5 days

By the end of October, I hope to be firmly in the 180s or the 170s.

The idea of being in the 170s seems like a distant idea, really it is not. What I do know is that I need to take it one day at at time and one pound at a time. Until a healthy lifestyle becomes subconscious, it, at times, will feel like effort and work. One day it will become effortless. One day soon. Until then, I will have to "reset" form time to time.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #3  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm takin a mental re-boot and hopefully will come home feeling like a better person.
on a plus one of my best friends said it looked like i lost weight again.
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Ooooerrrrr feels weird to have not started the chat! I don't care of course, just feels strange after so many weeks!

Risssa Go you, your goals look so good!

lissa I hope your mental re-boot is good for you. And congratulations on the compliment about your weight loss. It feels good when close friends notice!

This week...I'm just going to make sure I at least get in exercise 4 days. Should be 5, or 6, but my depression has a strong grip and I don't feel like doing much of anything at all. A bonus is that I can't give up on the calorie counting and eating mostly good foods - at least I know I have control over that one portion of my life.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I sort of feel like a mess!

I am going to Mexico over Christmas. We leave December 24th...I would be thrilled to lose 10lbs by then but I feel like it is so out of my reach! I'm not sure why. I see all these awesome ladies losing the weight on this site, but I feel like it is dam near impossible for me to get the weight off! I'm feeling discouraged...

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #6  

Linds- if you feel like it is out of your reach, focus on the activities that you need to do in order to lose weight. Think about how much you need to exercise a week? What types of foods should you be eating? What types of foods should you not eat?

Focus and reward yourself on the activity and the weight will come off. Also, focus on the next 1lb. Do you think you can lose 1lb? Focus on the next 1lb. Weight loss occurs one 1lb at a time and one day at a time. Focus on what you can do, and you will do it.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #7  

Thanks for the advice Rissa!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Hey Everyone. The weekend was a pretty good one for me..we got to spend a lot of time with the family and such. Other than that yesterday me and the hubby walked a mile at a fast-pace walk..and I did 30DS Day 5. It is starting to get a little bit easier but I still have difficulties with the leg lift sits up on circuit 3 and the jumpin jacks due to my c-section and my stomach rubbing together as I jump other that I have the rest down. Hopefully it will get better.
I hoped on the scale this morning and I'm down from 185.2 yesterday to 184.2 today. I was ecstatic. Maybe I will hit my Thanksgiving weight goal which is 175 before October ends?.. Whoo knows. Hope everyone has a fantastic day & keep up all the hardwork!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

You guys will be happy to know I finally saw a drop on the scale this morning. After about a month long plateau. It said 156.4 Thursday is my "official" weigh in. So maybe I'll see an even lower number by then. I'm thinking that maybe this is just the way my body works. Instead of a slow gradual loss, I go in stair steps. I see a sudden 2-4 pound loss and stay there for a few weeks and then repeat. Now that I am aware of this, it is something I can live with. I know I just have to push through the plateaus and stay motivated and I will eventually see that number go down.

Day 3 of level 2 of the 30DS tonight! Level 2 is kicking my booty. But it feels good... I am really pushing myself and I feel stronger every day.

Also, I have lots of fresh fruits and veggies in the house! I made a giant pot of delicious vegetable soup (even the boyfriend liked it). I'm really feeling good, and I think my goals are definitely reachable... soon.

Rissa Sounds like a great plan. There is no doubt in my mind you can do it. I am also trying to eat more fruits and veggies.

Lissa Congrats on the compliment. Maybe that will help with some of the motivation! We are all in need of a mental re boot from time to time.

Rainbow I hope you get a hold of that depression soon. I know exercise tends to help sometimes. Try to soak up some sun!

Linds 10 pounds by Christmas is totally do-able. Take a step back and remember why you started this. Write down your reasons for wanting to lose that 10 lbs and read them back every day. Look at before and after pictures. When you aren't feeling like exercising DO IT ANYWAY. When you aren't wanting to eat the healthier option at dinner DO IT ANYWAY. You have to get past that threshold of "How bad do I really want this." Once you push through the really hard times, you will find the motivation and confidence. I have total faith in you.

JL I am hoping the 30DS pushes me past my goals as well! Level 2 is INTENSE. But, Level 1 kicked my butt at first as well.. it gets easier and easier everyday. I just can't imagine level 3
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

Ugh, I got laid off from work on friday. I was not really upset because I knew it was coming and but I was hoping to land another job before I got the pink slip. I got a verbal offer from another company but they need to get approval from the higher-ups before they give me a written offer and they have been dragging their feet for a few weeks now.

So I am a little fustrated now and have been obesseing about my weight lately probably to distract myself from my job situation. oh yeah, and have I mentioned that I have been craving carbs like crazy this past week. Sigh.
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello, ladies! I've been MIA for the last week or so.. INTENSE week for me. INTENSE.

I'd been feeling off for a few weeks, and a friend finally convinced me to take a pregnancy test last Monday. To my EXTREME shock, it came up positive. Sooo, I guess the hardcore weight loss is taking a back seat!

Secondly, I had my first baby appointment Friday and not only am I definitely pregnant... I'm FIVE MONTHS pregnant. WTF. We also got ultrasound pics and found out it was a boy. Thank goodness for that, the excitement over it being a boy (what the husband and I always wanted, just someday in the future, haha) kinda dulled my shock and disbelief. He is due 2/3/11.

I'm really quite concerned with being pregnant at my weight, but I have a great midwife and doctor, and am extremely conscious of doing everything the best I can so I think that will help me. I plan to hang around here still as I find it more important than ever to keep up with my proper eating and daily activity. I just won't be able to share any losses with you guys for a few months
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #12  

Amanda- Congrats on your baby boy!!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #13  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

OMG Congratulations Amanda! I know you guys are so ecstatic.

This weekend was my birthday party and I consumed a grand total of 1671 calories for my dinner and cake and alcohol. I had a salad for my entree because I knew I was going to want to enjoy dessert and I kept the alcohol clear (less calories) and only had 4 drinks the entire night. So yea, I am proud of myself. My goals for the week include:

-Complete 5 days of bootcamp
-Stay within my weekly 10,500 calorie range and zig zag appropriately
-eat all this dang fruit I bought (I swear I'm a walking Farmer's Market!)
-Do NOT weight myself everyday

And that's it.
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #14  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Aw, that's amazing Amanda!! Conga-rats!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Congrats Amanda!!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote