Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 08:12 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Mondays Thread

Starting thread! Be back in a minute
Old 10-28-2002, 08:23 AM   #2  
GO CANES!

HEY! does anyone remember me!? I was around a while ago and then dropped the WW plan for the low carb? well that turned out really not so good for my tummy and i had to go off it .....so being that i'm back to where i was (had lost about 10 and gained some back) i think i really need to get into the WW thing again........i need to lose about 30 lbs....but i'm focusing on the 10% goal now.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:46 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Welcome back PJ!
Happy Monday Ladies I was going to recommit full force today but I can't seem to keep anything in my stomach!
The weekend was great!!
Bf and I went to a halloween party on saturday night I was a gypsy he was a fireman (hes a volunteer so he just wore all his gear)
I read tarot at the party it was fun and gave me something to do
so anyway BF was cornered by one of my friends who asked him if he loved me
she then proceeded to "whisper" it to me in a rather loud register in front of him
He said it himself a bit later
annnd I said it back
Belle!! I'm soo happy for you and little carmen hon!
CAt sounds like you had a productive weekend
TRISH!!!!! Welcome back Mommie
Hows your back JenL
hey Rina
oko So i have to go delouse myself so i can face the world!
bbiab
Kier
Old 10-28-2002, 08:48 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Ladies -

How was everyone's weekends?

Mine went pretty well. I was down another 1.6 at WI so I was excited about that. Unfortunately, I got a little too proud of how well I've been doing and went totally overboard Saturday and Sunday. Oh well, nothing to do but hop back on the wagon. I figure that if I'm really good all week that I can probably maintain and avoid a gain at my next WI.

Will check back with all of you later.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:20 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default this is longer than intended...sorry!

Morning girls,
It's the start of a new week, so forget what went wrong last week, and start all over again! And after plenty of cocktails and nibbles on Saturday night, that's what I'm doing. We've got friends coming round for dinner tonight so I'm hoping to go to "aquafitness" first to burn off some calories in anticipation. I'm also going to stick to one glass of wine, otherwise I'll never get up and go to the gym the next morning. Anyhow, you'd all be proud of me: this morning I signed up for swimming lessons. I'm going to join the intermediate group, which focuses on improving technique. Hopefully in 6 week's time I'll be a bit faster and more confident! I really really hate water going up my nose!
JenL - do you reckon it might be twins?! That would be cool, but very hard work.
Rina - sounds like you are really sticking to WW, good on you. Talking of pounds of meat, there was a TV program on the other night, called "99 things to do before you're 30" and one of them was to eat a 9-pound steak! The guy on the program couldn't do it, strangely enough, it was huge.
Jayne - glad to hear Aaron is on the mend. Perhaps instead of going to WW meetings, you should report to us once a week with your weight, measured on the same scales at the same time. We'll be your leader! What college did your husband go to? I was at Jesus. They do all look quite alike so I can relate. Now I haven't been there for a few years I have trouble placing them all.
TRISH!! Hello stranger! Lovely to hear from you. How's it going? How's Alex?! My niece had her first birthday the other month, they grow so fast. Yes I was on So Graham Norton. It was the last episode of the third series. I wore a black sleeveless top that had a bit of a polo neck. I won a cruise (as you know!) cos I made Calista Flockhart's autobiog. Shannon Doherty was one of the guests. Don't know if that helps. I was on another time in the previous series when Roger Moore and the guy from Jaws (Roy Shreider?) were on (I think it was them!). I put my fist in my mouth and showed him my vibrating hamster key ring. I can't imagine why they'd use me in the trailer though. Weird! Can't believe you watch Changing Rooms!! Do you get House Doctor? In the UK, wed night is home-improvement night on TV.
Belle - that's cool you're going as Hermione! How was the party? Did anyone go as Harry? I'm going to see the new Harry Potter film on the 16 Nov with a pal, we can't wait. For Halloween, well prob the day after, me and BF and a friend and her BF are dressing up and doing a Ghost Tour somewhere in London then hitting a pub (hopefully a spooky one). We want to find something all four of us can dress up as. Any ideas?! Not Abba!! So far I'm thinking Buffy! I have to go as Buffy (I'm way too tall but I've got blonde hair), my BF would be Spike (trying to convince him to bleach his hair for the night!! Not going to happen), my pal would be Faith (or maybe Druscilla) and her BF would be Angel. Speaking of Buffy, did you know that the actor who plays Spike, James Marsters, is apparently 41!?!?
KT - cool costume, can't go wrong with vampires!! And I like your weather one!
Laura - ooh, homemade brownies! I hope you resisted, I'm sure they would have tasted horrible. You're so close to goal now, that's fab!!
Cat - how did the 10-mile hike go?
Ali - talk to the boy, talk to the boy!
Kier - can you do proper tarot readings?! Cool. That's fantastic about you and BF getting together!!
right, gotta go work here! hello to everyone i missed, tonya, jess, marcie, kim, lisa, jenk etc etc.
Kirsty
PS if i do dress up as buffy, what do you reckon the essential costume would include? apart from a stake which i don't think i can carry round london without being arrested for possessing a weapon! i have a cross on a chain...
Old 10-28-2002, 10:40 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Kirsty just a quickie b/c i'm running out the doors
yes I do proper readings I read on the side for a long time for $
as for the buffy get up
I'd say depending if you wanted to be dressy buffy or casual buffy you could do hip huggers black more than likely a light colored top and a black short trench coat if its chilly
also you can have a bottle of "holy water" containing whatever ahem you might need to sip on on the tour
ARG gotta run
Kier
Old 10-28-2002, 10:46 AM   #7  
Water Freak

Ok, quickie here. The devil has moved offices and is now residing in a bowl of candy corn at the receptionists desk in our lab. I LOVE candy corn, and I did cave and eat a handful. Somebody stop me from going back for seconds please! I figure if I can sit tight for another hour or so it will all be gone (please please please). This weekend wasn't the greatest so it's not like I can afford to splurge today.

Cat
Old 10-28-2002, 11:35 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone. I had an OK weekend. Again didn't get as many things done as I wanted to, but I got some done. Did a lot of laundry. Wow, does that pile up fast!!!

Also, we had trick or treating last night because our city decided it is safer. It is such a bummer. They did this last year too. We don't get as many kids (which is OK because it is cheaper)... but it is just a bummer. I made a Minnie Mouse outfit for Emma (I will try to remember to post pics) and she had fun. Since she is only 2, we only walked around the lock because she doesn't need all that candy. I also discovered that I give kids a lot more than most people. Hmmmmmm!!!!

Anyhooo, my little angel turns 2 tomorrow and this weekend we are having a little birthday celebration. I am stuck on what to make for a cake. Anyone have any ideas??? PLEASE!!! Last year I made a little barn with animal cracker animals. I am NOT a cake decorator so it has to be easy. I have been searching and searching on-line and nothing is hitting me.

So besides that, my Monday is cruddy. I really really really hate coming back to work after a weekend. And I am always so hungry lately that is is getting hard to find snacks to eat.

Have a great day all.... I will most likely be back later!
Old 10-28-2002, 11:38 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

cat - don't you dare move! remember communal bowls of sweets are full of nasty germs and bacteria from other people's hands...
hi jenl, wish emma a happy birthday from everyone here, good luck cake making! i still remember getting a wonder woman cake for my 4th birthday!
ta for buffy advice kier!
Old 10-28-2002, 12:30 PM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Sorry don't have time to respond to everyone - wicked busy at work.

JenL - how about a butterfly? Take one of those round pans with the tube thingy in the middle and bake cake. When cake is cool, cut in half. Place sides without little hole together. Frost, use candy to decorate and use twizzlers to form the body and antlers.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:55 PM   #11  

Hey all! I am here! I had a great time at my best friend's wedding and am now back at work-I'll try to respond properly later, but Jen-L-I have an easy butterfly cake! My mom has this great cake book from the 70's with all different, really east to make cakes. Take a rectangular cake pan( 9 x 13) and bake your cake. When it comes out let it cool on a rack. Measure one to 1 1/2 inches in from the end and cut a long piece (it will be 1-1 1/2 inches wide, 9 inches long) Take the rest of the cake, which is now more like a square, and cut it in half diagonally, making two triangular pieces. the long thin pience is the body of the butterfly, and the triangles are the wings. Decorate as you like!
Write if you have wuestions! Lori
Old 10-28-2002, 01:02 PM   #12  

Whoops-Laura, didn't see yours! Now you have two to choose from Jen!
Old 10-28-2002, 01:54 PM   #13  
GO CANES!

girls
do you all think i should go and sign up with the WW (as in actually go to the meetings and everything? ) or do you think i can do it with the materials ( i have all of it) and you all??
Old 10-28-2002, 02:13 PM   #14  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey All!

Hello, everyone! OK, I'm going to write a post, explaining about everything... Maybe you guys can give me some input or make me feel better. WW hasn't been going so well for the last week or so, but I was down 1.2 at Thursday's WI. Of course, I went out to dinner after that, and went to Kansas City this weekend, so I'm sure I won't be down this week, although I certainly wouldn't complain if I were.

So, last time I posted, I said that I'm having some boy issues. Here's the deal: There's a boy here at work that I've been attracted to for quite some time, but I was always sure I was happy enough with Big Aaron to pursue anything with him. Well, lately, Aaron hasn't been treating me very well and I've started kind of evaluating things about our relationship and don't think I want to be with him anymore. Well, I'd been thinking these things for about two weeks when I went over to this boy's house (we've been friends for about a year) and got super-drunk. I sort of started kissing him and we ended up kissing a lot. Well, this was a good indication of problems in Aaron and I's relationship. So, I told Aaron the next day what happened, he was very understanding and I told him that I thought I should spend a little time focusing more on myself and less on him--I've spent the last two years making him my entire world. Well, the next day, I decided that I'd kind of like to try dating Work-Guy, so I told Aaron that we need to take a little time for me to figure things out. Well, ever since then, Aaron has been everything I'd spent so much time hoping he'd become. I love Aaron, but for some (confusing) reason have feelings for this other guy. I'm very confused, stressed, and sad because I know someone is going to end up getting hurt in all of this. I also know that if I could pick who's going to get hurt, I'd pick myself... Ick. So, that's what's happening here.

On the opposite end of the sadness spectrum, I signed the paperwork this weekend to become a Close to My Heart consultant. So, I should be getting my kit soon and will be demonstrating soon after that. I'm very excited!

Some responses so I'm not focusing solely on myself today...

PJ--Yep, I remember you. Sorry to hear that the low-carb didn't work out for you, but welcome back!

Kier--It sounds like you and your BF had a nice weekend. Congrats about the love thing, that's one of the greatest feelings in the world, isn't it?

Laura--Yay on the down 1.6 lbs!! Now, if I could just follow in your footsteps!

Kirsty--James Marsters is 41? He is SO hot (at least, I think he is). I think Buffy would be an awesome costume. My suggestion for an outfit would be leather pants with some black boots. It seems like she's always wearing leather pants and black boots.

Cat--You can resist! Just think how good you'll feel at the end of the day knowing you walked away from those candy corns...

Jen--I bet Emma just looked so sweet as Minnie Mouse! Definitely post pics!!

Lori--Hello!

OK, must get back to work!!
Old 10-28-2002, 02:30 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

I hope I have time to post properly today I just posted my bio - it's always fun to be reminded who everyone is in their everyday life. I had a good weekend. I worked the Default and Nickelback concert on Friday night. It was very loud and there was lots of fire and all of my patients kept vomiting. Then I went to a club Saturday night with some friends from that job. We all dressed up. I felt strange, I guess I'm too old for clubs now. The bartenders were all drinking and not serving people and the waitresses looked like they were in their early teens. I'm much more suited to house parties I think. I have one next weekend. Then last night I had my family over to my new place for dinner for dad's BD - it was great - the first time my mom didn't have to do it in a long time and we all had a nice visit so that was good.
Kirsty - if you're doing the Sarah Michelle Gellar Buffy, I would suggest long eyelashes and a low cut top and maybe some innappropriate footwear. Can't believe Spike is that old. i'm so in love with him.
PJ - Hi again, welcome back - do what you feel comfortable with - for me, without the meetings, I don't hold myself accountable.
Lori and Jen - my mom made me the same cake! another of her favourites was just fun candy decorations. Gum drops and smarties and gummy bears make for an ecclectic but easy cake.
Laura - you're doing well, keep up the good work!
Cat - I've never understood candy corn - is it corn? I don't eat what I don't understand.
be back to finish later
KT
Closed Thread