Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 2 (9/27-10/3)

shan84
09-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Hello Red Team! Here we go again...week 2! Let's keep it up. Good job for week one!

GO RED TEAM!!

shan84
09-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Well, I'm back to chat again. I went to the hospital tonight. New diagnosis for this week: tonsilitis and moderate bronchitis. Guess who is out of work for the whole week? That would be me due to the doctors diagnosis and my principals desire to keep me home and healthy instead of uncomfortable and possibly spreading my sickness to my little 3 year old class. So...rest become me! Heal my body. I hope to try to exercise at home probably starting tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a good Monday! Week 2 Woohoo!!

julie99s
09-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Get well soon Shan!

Down a lb from yesterday. Can't hardly wait to get to the gym this morning. It's funny because I used to be terrified of the gym and now I love it.

The neighbor actually said yesterday, "Look at those calves!" I laughed and noticed not only do they look and feel stronger, they're more defined and toned. And I haven't lost much lb wise.

Hope you all have a great day today. Gotta get the girls to school and get my butt to the gym 8)

Violet73
09-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Well, I'm back to chat again. I went to the hospital tonight. New diagnosis for this week: tonsilitis and moderate bronchitis. Guess who is out of work for the whole week? That would be me due to the doctors diagnosis and my principals desire to keep me home and healthy instead of uncomfortable and possibly spreading my sickness to my little 3 year old class. So...rest become me! Heal my body. I hope to try to exercise at home probably starting tomorrow or Wednesday.

Bless your heart! Feel better soon :hug:

CanadaMel
09-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Shan- take care of yourself & get better soon!

Survived camping this weekend, even though it was freezing the first night. Next day warmed up much nicer.
Food wise & exercise i did pretty well, only to come back home & went to the bar with some coworkers so I had a beer & some wings-oops. But today is a new day & I'm ready for it.

Have a great Monday ladies!

sha25
09-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Shan- Feel better soon....

I was so disappointed that the first weigh in for this challenge landed during my TOM.. I am back down to 182.8 this morning.. Hoping next week to have a woosh. I am back on track with exercising, thank god.. My back is feelng much better..

Have a great Monday all!!

alwe74
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM

Hope you get well soon!!!

dudesmom
09-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Shan-Hope you feel better soon! I'm sure the little 3 year olds spread enough germs amongst themselves, it's good you're not adding any more in there!

Julie-It's pretty awesome to feel excited about healthy new habits. Hope you had a good workout.

Mel-Glad you had a good time camping. It's been pretty cold here in Chicago, I can't even imagine what it must be like in Canada! You're a tougher woman that I am!

Sha-I hate when weigh ins fall during TOM too! I'm sure you'll see a loss this week since you're back on track.

As for me, my biggest worry today has been the fact that I have no interest in eating (never thought I'd say that!). Not sure what it is, I'm not even interested in the crappy stuff that we have here! I have been eating because I know I need to, but it's just a chore today. This is just so weird, especially since I ran 2.8 miles this morning, I really expected to be famished all day! Other than that, I'm just waiting for my boys to go to bed so I can work on homework (fun) so it should be a long night. Hope everyone is doing well!

Aclai4067
09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Hey Ladies. I was a little off plan today but I'm ready for back on track tomorrow. I have my lunch already packed and will get my breakfast ready to go as soon as my roomie is done with the kitchen (I've been pre-making egg sandwhiches for breakfast so I just heat it in the microwave when I get to work).

I got myself a little motivational shirt this weekend. It's a football jersey for Ga State University (this is our first season) in the girl cut! Girls jersies usually run tiny so I was pretty excited that it almost fits. It's a little tight (hence why it's motivational), but close enough to fitting that it shouldn't take too long to get into.

Angie
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
HI all!

Shan I hope you feel better soon :goodvibes

I just got my bum kicked at the gym, the trainer made it TOUGH tonight. The good news is that it was good for me, and I was able to do my cardio faster and at a higher incline than ever before because my legs were so warmed up!

I've had a little gain, which I hope is just some water retention and I'll shed it and more with a week of good decisions!

Does anyone know when/where we learn about this weeks biggest loser?

shan84
09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Angie- I have the results finished. You can look for the results to be posted by the blue team leader in a sticky thread soon. I send the red team results to her and she will post both team's results.

Good job to the red team this week. I can tell you as a team we lost 81.1lbs! WOOHOO!

armywife88
09-28-2010, 04:07 AM
hey everyone :)

Things have been pretty crazy here. I'm completely busy with all sorts of volunteer work for the next few weeks. I love it but it is absolutely exhausting. On top of it all my little one is coming down with something. I think I may keep him home tomorrow. Had a rough weekend diet wise but still managed to drop a little. I'm back on track now. Just gotta stick to it!

TERAPET
09-28-2010, 11:49 AM
I am back from my trip to DC. Kind of fell off the wagon so I have a few extra pounds to show for it. Now I have to get used to saying no to myself again but it will be worth it when I start losing again.

sha25
09-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Hello all,

Overslept today and no am workout and have my middle childs back to school night so I am hoping to have some time in between work and that to get my exercise in.. If not maybe 9 tonight, I say that now but I hate working out late.. I am excited to go meet my daughters teachers but I wish it wasn't on Tues cause now I'm gonna miss most of BL tonight. lol... Oh well I will have to wait until I catch it online..

Weighed in today and I am back down to 182.2, (.2 lbs to get back to my official weight when I signed up for this) now hopefully I can post a loss on Monday... I am focused and determined!!!!!!! I plan to be 100% on plan this weekend, Weekends seem to be hard lately.. Everytime I turn around we have another event to attend.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

julie99s
09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Joined ww online today. It worked well in the past (pre pregnancies) and it was something I didn't mind doing. Hopefully it'll help me out this time too.

Got half my workout in today. Zumba tonight :)

shan84
09-28-2010, 01:33 PM
julie99s-I hear you about your love for the gym. I still sometime detest going to the gym, but once I'm there I am glad that I went. I'm obviously not working out there this week since I'm sick, but usally my bf and I hit the gym daily for two hours in the evenings. Congrats on showing down another lb.

LeslieLou- Thanks for the comment! I hope to be all better soon. How is your week going so far?

CanadaMel- In the past month or so the bf and I have been going out with lots of friends about once or twice a week to a bar. And here in Korea, they don't just sit at a bar and drink. You sit down at a table and have to order food to go with the alcohol. So even though we already had eaten dinner sometimes, you still have to order the food. It's been really tough on me to stick on plan because of that. I'm determined to figure out a way to enjoy my time with everyone without hindering or self-sabotaging myself. On another note, where did you guys go camping this past weekend?

sha25- I love your determination to stay on plan for the weekend. Kudos to you! I need to practice some of that myself. That's why I use the nutrition journal on here for the red team. I don't lie to myself or anyone else about what I eat. If I eat a big piece of chocolate then I put it on there to keep myself accountable. What kind of events have you been attending on the weekend? Is it things were you can come prepared with your own snacks so your not tempted by the other food? Just an idea.

dudesmom- Usually I get that lack of desire for food when I'm feeling sick. Make sure you are eating appropriately especially for all the exercise your doing. It's easy to post a gain sometimes when your body isn't getting the fuel it needs. Let us know how your doing this week. What are you doing homework for, by the way?

aclai4067- I love doing the pre-made egg sandwiches for breakfasts. What gets me is the bread though...usually I only do half a sandwich because the bread they sell here in SK is twice the size of a normal slice of bread. Congrats on your motivational jersey. I'm sure it will be super loose on you in no time!

Angie- How often do you workout with your personal trainer? I've been using one for about five months now, but this month I am not paying for her because they upped the prices excessively this month. It went from being $200/month for 3 times a week, 1 hr sessions, to now being $400/month. Well, I'm just going to pay for $45/month gym access and the bf is going to help keep me on track. What kind of stuff do you do with your trainer?

armywife88-What kind of volunteer work are you doing? Hope your having a good week so far.

Terapet- Welcome back from vacation! A few lbs gain, no big deal for you..your a weight loss machine! Hello, my second challenge with you! I know this first hand!! :) Kick it to the curb girl!! :carrot:

GO RED TEAM!!!

Hope everyone else is having a good week so far. Today was my first day home from work because of my sickness. It was a long day, but I stayed on track with my diet so its all good. Also, I dropped a significant amount of weight overnight and I'm wondering if that is because my water intake is higher or if it has something to do with TOM. I always lose double during TOM...not sure why, but I love it! Anyways, hope everyone is doing well. Stop by as much as you can to check in with the team and tell us what is going on in your neck of the woods.

shan84
09-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Today's Q&A:

Name five things you love about yourself. They can be physical attributes, or personality traits. Tell us about you!!

shan84
09-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Exercise article for the day: Interval Training: Short Workouts That Really Pay Off

http://www.shape.com/fitness/fast_fitness/burn_more_calories/interval_training

Jen
09-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Oh I feel bad because I did weigh in and didn't get on-line to post it so I had a freebie, that's okay because I was actually up 2 lbs so at least I didn't bring the group down.

sha25
09-28-2010, 04:27 PM
sha25- I love your determination to stay on plan for the weekend. Kudos to you! I need to practice some of that myself. That's why I use the nutrition journal on here for the red team. I don't lie to myself or anyone else about what I eat. If I eat a big piece of chocolate then I put it on there to keep myself accountable. What kind of events have you been attending on the weekend? Is it things were you can come prepared with your own snacks so your not tempted by the other food? Just an idea.

Oh man, it started labor day weekend, then a wedding, two birthday parties ( I didn't have cake :D) , a baptism and now a baby shower this sunday! I try to make good choices or eat before I go. I haven't been real bad or anything but my weight loss has been stalled in the 180's for awhile. So I am recommiting myself to have 100% on plan weekends in hopes it gets the scale moving again. I like your idea about packing snacks, think I will give it a try on Sunday..

Shan- Are you feeling any better??

sha25
09-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Today's Q&A:

Name five things you love about yourself. They can be physical attributes, or personality traits. Tell us about you!!

1-I love that I am creative..I love to paint and do crafts. I like to decorate or make something beautiful out of nothing.

2-I am a very giving, caring, loving person.

3-I really like my calves. They have gotten so defined and muscular. I like my legs actually, they have become much more toned..

4-My hair, before my pregnancies I had very dry frizzy hair that wouldn't grow and now its really pretty healthy. Smooth and it grows.

5-I am a determined person who works hard to get the things I want.. Once I set my mind to something I don't give up. (which can sometimes be a negative cause I tend to be overly obsessive)

Angie
09-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Shan -- I go to the trainer 2x per week and do 20 minutes of training with them, then they send me off to do cardio on my own. It's $50 a session and I paid for 16 sessions. That will be it for me unless I win a lottery. The training normally consists of lunges, squats, bends, crunches, arm stuff...but it's all mixed up, something different every time. I really love it, they make me work harder and longer than I could ever do on my own, but I just can't afford to keep going. I'm down about 35 lbs since I started my journey, with lots to go. When I get a little farther down this road I may treat myself to more sessions with them again.

Bigmid
09-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi Red Team I have just posted the results for week one. Good job everyone.

shan84
09-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Congrats Red Team for getting off to a good start. The blue team got us this past week, but we can push hard for this week.

Red Team:
Biggest Loser: tambolina; -9.5 lbs; -5.43%

Runner Up:
dudesmon; -9.2 lbs; -3.75%
Lindalee9; -7 lbs; -3.41%
Terapet; -5 lbs; -3.34%

Team loss of: -81.1 lbs; -1.0%

shan84
09-28-2010, 09:44 PM
sha25- Not really feeling better yet which is a bummer. I'm on my second day off of work now. I'm taking all my meds. My coughing was really really bad last night. I'm trying to get healthy as fast as possible because I have a lot going on at work and I need to get back to it.

tambolina
09-28-2010, 09:54 PM
wow.... really?? :lucky: Thanks all for the support and encouragement. I have been eating on plan very strictly. I am working on getting more exercise in but I need to make time for myself.

Congrats all that ranked and posted their results... good or bad (I am sure my day is coming)

Shan.. I hope you get better soon.

5 things that I love about myself:
1) I am a passionate person, I give 115% to things that mean alot to me.
2) I am often called 'smiley' :D because no matter how bad my day is, someone can always use a smile.
3) I love (in a wierd way) that people always stop me on the street and ask me stuff... even though they are total strangers... I have a blinking light on my forehead that draws people to me.
4) I love that I am goal oriented, I decide I am going to do it and I do (my husband calls this stubborn)
5) I have very expressive eyes... people always tell me that my eyes give away everything. (looks like I need a pair of poker shades :dancer: )

shan84
09-28-2010, 11:59 PM
tambolina- Thanks! I'm feeling a little rough today. Hope for better things tomorrow.

Congrats to our biggest loser this week and to all our runner ups!!

Keep going strong!!

PDXgirl
09-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Trumped by the blue team! I'm gonna ramp it up (been a little lazy on the workout front) and make a good showing next week!
Keep up all the good work, red team!

shan84
09-29-2010, 08:21 AM
My motivation:

First picture 2008 me and my little sister.

Second picture 2010 me and my little sister.

Violet73
09-29-2010, 09:15 AM
WTG Tambolina :woohoo: :cheer:

dudesmom
09-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Woohoo, weighed in at 235 this morning, which means I met my original goal (238) and updated goal for the month!

tambolina
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Now that I am official, I decided to post my picture vs an avatar. This is from last October... I finished a half marathon in 3 hours. Of course, I gained a bunch of weight as soon as I stopped running last spring so I am back at it. I have changed how I eat which has helped alot. I was eating really crappy :ink: while training last year and my weight stayed steady because of the running. I feel SO much better now that I have changed my eating habits and am running again. Ran a solid 1/2 mile last night (it has been awhile and I was in a car accident this summer) and walked another mile. I am trying to get to a mile without hurting so much. I was down again this morning a little bit. WOOHOO!!

Dudesmom - Congrats on the loss!!!

LeslieLou - thanks for the shoutout!! ;)

Shan - wow... doesn't even look like the same ladies... CONGRATS!!

PDXgirl - go strong this week, you can do it!

Serval87
09-29-2010, 10:56 PM
shan84- Ooo, tonsillitis is so painful. I've only had it once, but it was unbearable. I was living with my husband's family at that time, and we were about an hour and a half from the nearest town, so I couldn't go to the doctor. I got it from a germ on an egg, because they didn't have refrigeration (house ran on a generator because they couldn't get electricity out that far). Anyway, it lasted 10 days and I lost probably 15 lbs because I couldn't stand anything to touch my throat and my lymph nodes were so swollen it hurt to lay on my back. I couldn't talk, and my husband had to force me to drink triple Echinacea tea.

Sha: Don't feel bad. It landed on mine too, and I'm just now recovering. I was pretty embarrassed to post my weigh-in because I bloated so badly.

1.) Though I was in choir for several years through school, my ability to sing is natural. I have an easy time finding the right pitch/tone in songs, and natural vibrato. I have worked my way to reaching high pitches and belting notes by listening to CDs and imitating. Sadly, my nerves get to me and my breath support isn't always so good, but I hope losing weight will change that.

2.) I have a wonderful imagination, and can be inspired at any time by anything. Even my dreams give me inspiration, for they are usually vivid and bizarre.

3.) I am very empathetic, and understand what someone's feeling even if I've never experienced it first hand. I'm also very observant.

4.) I'm a Christian.

5.) I have really long, auburn hair that I get a lot of compliments on. I haven't cut it for probably 8 years, and it is at the start of my thighs. Sadly, some of the ends are split.

I haven't really changed any of my eating habits, because it's at the end of the month and I always have to eat at my parents' because our food stamps don't usually cover the whole month. I was mad, because I had to throw away some of my produce because I bought too much at one time, and it molded. :(

I don't think I'm doing all that good with my exercising. I've been taking little walks in the evening, but they hardly count for exercise, because I walk so slowly. I mostly do it for clearing my head and talking to my husband without distraction. It's nice (especially when we are up early enough to go in the morning). This morning it was cool, and we were feeling frisky so we raced each other down the road when we were almost to the house. lol. I was so out of breath. But, seriously, I know I should be giving a little more with exercising, but it's just hard to find the motivation and energy. I'm 23, but my energy level feels like that of an old woman.

Ooops. Sorry this was so long!

dudesmom
09-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh, I forgot to do 5 things I love about myself:

1. My smile (I feel so conceited saying this!). My uncle once told me I had an easy smile, meaning that it doesn't take much to make me smile and that I smile a lot. I'm only now learning the value of this as my oldest son goes to preschool-he's got an easy smile too and I see how that makes other people smile and can really have a positive effect on people.

2. My sense of humor. It's a little strange, but I love it! BTW, I'm a sucker for corny jokes.

3. My feet. They're cute, what can I say? :)

4. My ability to produce big, beautiful, healthy children. They are my world.

5. My creative side. I come up with some pretty cool ideas when I have an outlet.

CanadaMel
09-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Name five things you love about yourself (better late than never!)
1) Excellent listener
2) my laugh- a bit loud for some people, but I like it ;)
3) my perseverence
4) dedication to helping others
5) my smile

Shan- going out & drinking/eating reminds me of the Izekaya's in Japan. We went camping in Kananaskis Country- provincial park mountains about 1.5h from Calgary. Wow! The difference between your two pics is amazing- thanks for sharing.

Dudesmom- WTG on the weight loss & hitting 2 mini-goals.

Tambolina- congrats on being the red team's biggest loser. Love your picture & congrats on finishing the half-marathon. I 'think' I could run one but have been too chicken to sign up. Longest race I've done is 5K.

No activities tonight so it's been great catching up on my to-do lists!

TERAPET
09-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

It has been a tough process to get back in the eating right groove. Letting loose on vacation has very bad consequences besides the extra pounds. After allowing myself more treats, the cravings are sooo bad. I feel like I am starting over!

CanadaMel-How do you manage working, taking care of kids and camping on the weekend? You are a powerhouse girl!

Serval87-Hang in there with the walking. If you give it a chance and a bit of consistency;you will find yourself getting stronger very quickly.

tambolina-Congrats on being the Red team biggest loser. Oh, and you do have a cute smile!

dudesmom-:bravo: on meeting your goal.

Shan84-Sorry to hear you are sick. No fun! Hopefully with some rest you will be back to school and the gym soon.

CanadaMel
09-30-2010, 11:00 PM
CanadaMel-How do you manage working, taking care of kids and camping on the weekend?
just barely Terapet! Lol.
I work part time ~27h/week. Most of my shifts are while the kids are in school.

Shan-hope you are resting and feeling better.

Have a great night ladies!

Serval87
10-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the motivation, TERAPET!

shan84
10-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Hi everyone. Feeling a lot better but the cough is not gone yet. I tried to get a clearance letter from the doctor yesterday to go back to work today and he said no. So he gave me another 4 days of meds, an injection, and said he would see me Monday morning. So now I'm trying desperately to get 100% better by Monday.

On another note, my weight has dropped drastically this week. Now granted, I haven't exercised at all. But, I have upped my calories and my water intake has been insane! Bathroom breaks non stop. Oh, and its TOM for me and I usually drop double my weekly average during TOM. So, not sure if its because of my meds, or because I'm home taking care of myself. But I'm going to take it and run with it. Hope I can hold onto the drop.

Next Monday I plan on heading back to the gym. Woohoo!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

dudesmom
10-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Shan-glad you're feeling better!

I was feeling decent about my losses today so I went into my closet and tried on some stuff that I was nowhere close to fitting into when I started this journey. This is the stuff that wouldn't button or zip, even if I tried the old laying down on the bed trick! Well, today I was able to get everything on, and I even got it all buttoned and zipped while standing up!!! I love to go through and find out what fits now, or see how much better it fits. This stuff still doesn't look attractive, but I know it's at least getting there. Hope everyone else is having a great day!

shan84
10-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Not too many chatters this week. Hope everyone is having a good week 2!!

Today's question:
What is your goal weight and why? Or, if you don't have a goal weight, what is the ultimate goal for you?

GO RED TEAM!!

julie99s
10-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Ack! I'm sick! What a way to start the month. It was really hard to get through my workout yesterday, and now I know why. Had no idea I was coming down with something, just thought it was one of those proverbial brick walls. Got home, napped with baby, then I felt it. Body aches, headache, chills, burning eyes. Dh took the girls to school today, bless him. And he says, "I hope you're taking the day off from working out." Uhhh, duh?

So I'm taking it easy. I've got a load of wash going and that'll probably be the extent of my housework today. I'm going to nap in this recliner :)

julie99s
10-01-2010, 10:41 AM
What is your goal weight and why? Or, if you don't have a goal weight, what is the ultimate goal for you?

My goal weight is 150. It's a nice, round, healthy number for my height. It might go up, or come down as I progress, depending on where I'm comfortable.

shan84
10-01-2010, 10:58 AM
julie- Take it easy! Hope you feel better soon.

My original goal weight is 200lbs. After I hit that, then I plan on re-evaluating where I want to go from there.

Hope everyone has a great Friday! It's late Friday night here in SK. I went for two walks outside today because I desperately needed the fresh air. Cough is getting much better. Overall body condition is feeling great. I'm going to take it easy this weekend, and push back to routine on Monday.

What is everyone's plan for the weekend?

sha25
10-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Hey everyone.. Crazy busy week at work and with the kiddos!! I actually took today off cause I needed a break.. So glad its Friday and I am off. Still on track w/ food and exercise this week, and entering the weekend still committed to a 100% on plan weekend. DH and I have a date tonight, I offered to be the designated driver so I don't end up drinking my calories. We are going out with a old friend and his new wife we haven't met yet..

My initial goal weight is 164, for my height this brings me to the top end of my range. Once I get there I will determine where I want my end result. I was happiest anywhere around 132 (H.S. weight) and 152-158. So I plan to make the end a bit flexible. I actually really was happy at the 152-158 weight. Four pregnancies later I'll the anything in 150 and be trilled.

Shan- Glad your on the mend. It stinks getting sick!!!

Julie- Hope you feel better soon.

Dudesmom- YAY!! Congrats on getting back into your clothes.. I love when that happens!!!

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

TERAPET
10-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Happy Friday Girls,

I am all happy because my weight was down this morning. I think I have managed to get the vacation pounds off. Now onward to my current goal of 139. I guess that is my weight loss goal but I have certainly weighed a lot less than that in my life. To tell the truth, I am not unhappy where I am now but find when I eat right I am still losing weight. I can see where the extra pounds are so I would be glad to see a slimmer waist etc.

Right now my only weekend plans is not to spend any money. Kinda puts a crimp in things as I know if I call any friends they are going to want to go out to eat. I wish I was a fabulous cook so I could entice them with my culinary skill but that is not the case.:chef: I really, really need to find a job!

tambolina
10-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Today's question:

My goal weight is 130. I am only 5' tall, so 130 is a healthy (albeit still on the heavy side) weight. I was 112 when I got married and stayed in the 120's until we moved away from my hometown. This is when marriage problems started and I gained weight. I like to run and I like being healthy so I am excited to get back to my goal weight. Carrying 50 extra pounds for the last 15 years has caused me some hip and back problems (not to mention a recent car accident) so I am working through that as well.

I need to love me and be healthy no matter what perception I have about how others see me. I need to find strength and I need to be confident! :halffull:

No big plans for the weekend. Going to walk in a parade tomorrow morning for a friend that is running for Secretary of State of SD. Maybe go to Omaha and look at a truck for the hubby.

TERAPET
10-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Oh one more thing. I saw my former boss at the grocery store yesterday. It was so weird. We worked very closely and I used to talk to her everyday for 5 years then she laid me off (and hired someone else-I assume for less money.) She was all shocked at my weight loss. Since she dropped me like a ton of bricks when things got tough at least I could show off how great I am at losing weight! Small favors, right?! The whole thing was really awkward. Too bad I couldn't brag about a new job but hopefully someday.

Tambolina-I grew up in Omaha. My whole family still lives there. I miss it sometimes but I love the weather in the South.

tambolina
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Tambolina-I grew up in Omaha. My whole family still lives there. I miss it sometimes but I love the weather in the South.

Really?!? when did you graduate? Move away? Small world. My family is still there and I am just an hour and half north in Iowa.

pinkpolkadot
10-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Popping in to say hello to everyone:wave:. I have been really sick lately so I have been off plan:(. I go to the Dr. Tuesday so hopefully something will be done so I don't feel so bad.

My goal weight is 180. It was a number put into my head a few years back by a doctor that said it was an attainable weight for me to aim for. I figure I'll get to it and then evaluate how I feel and look and go from there.

:devil:GO RED TEAM:devil:

Aclai4067
10-01-2010, 07:28 PM
QOTD:

My goal weight is 155 because 165 is the top of the normal range for my height. 155 seems far enough below that to give me a little leeway so that regular fluctuations aren't putting me in and out of the overweight zone.
But I'm fully prepared to re-assess closer to goal because I really have no clue what I will look and feel like at 155.

Serval87
10-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I am SO tired! I counted what I did earlier as exercise (well I have muscle pains and feel exhausted): helping my parents cut up their freshly butchered cow. That is HARD work! Seriously. Granted, I technically only cut up one leg (and a few other places too) ... but it was a huge leg. I worked for nearly three hours, and was so tired I crashed in the chair for maybe an hour afterward and then took a shower.

Well, a long time ago a doctor told me I should weight between 90-95 lbs for my height. Since I haven't grown too much taller than then, I feel that between 95-120 would probably be fine, but right now, that just seems impossible. :(

KimL1214
10-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry this is just a quick check in! I have to head outside and check how high the water is getting in front of our house. The berry field shed has already flooded and we're hoping it doesn't get to the house!
My anti-depressants aren't working right now, so I'm just trying to keep myself from doing a face plant!

Have a good weekend everyone!!!

CanadaMel
10-01-2010, 11:43 PM

Well I have 130 as my goal though, 136 is what I need to hit to be considered 'normal weight' with BMI. I'll just keep going along and see how my body feels and how I feel.

Dh wants to shampoo the carpets tomorrow, and then we head to a birthday party for a 1 year old.
Have a great weekend all! Stay strong and let's have a great weigh in!

Serval87
10-02-2010, 12:51 AM
KimL1214: I read that the red oil from Saint John Wort's flowers can help depression. I'm thinking of looking for something with that ingredient, myself, because it's a big problem I have.

JasonsLea
10-02-2010, 12:53 AM
:wave: girls!

I hope you all had a good week. I was cramping today so I think TOM is right around the corner. :cookie: Next week will be difficult and my next WI probably won't be pretty. :headache: Today's WI was the same as last week, no loss but no gain which I'll take.

I got my Pullo back today so there will be extra walking for me daily, taking him around the neighborhood. :running:

Tomorrow, it will be 12 weeks till Christmas! :gift2:

QOTD:
My goal weight is about 150. It might be more or less depending on how I feel and look when I finally get to it. The BMI calculator says 145 is the high point of the normal range for my height but I like having a little extra padding. ;)

:grouphug:

Aclai4067
10-02-2010, 03:04 AM
It's official, I have about 7 months to be wedding ready. My sister got engaged tonight. I don't expect to be at goal by then, but I'd like to not be the biggest person in the room! My sister is very small, as are all of her friends and the vast majority of our family.

shan84
10-02-2010, 04:45 AM
Aclai- Congrats on your sister's engagement! I'm sure you can work some magic in 7 months! That's actually a long amount of time. :) Take a look back at the pictures I posted earlier in this thread. They are me with my sister. The first one was her bachelorette party, and then the second one was this past summer, my first time seeing her or anyone else in my family in about a year and a half. You can do it!!!

Hope everyone has a good Saturday! It's Saturday afternoon here in SK. The clouds are rolling in for some rain tonight and tomorrow morning. Today didn't do too much. I stuck to my food plan. Got in some extra walking today. Went with the bf to his work, then we walked the pier around the shipyard. Spent the afternoon watching a movie and resting. No big plans for tonight. Trying to convince him he should call his friends and go have a guys night. I feel bad because while I've been sick this past week he has stayed home with me everyday taking care of me, other than when he had to spend an hour or two at work everyday. I love him! :)

I have an addiction...I'm addicted to 3fc. I spend way too much time on here! But I'm going to say its a safe addiction because it helps keep me motivated and driven to succeed.

GO RED TEAM!!!

Angie
10-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Polkadot -- Feel better soon :getwell:

KimL -- Eek! I'm hoping that your house wasn't flooded and that your berry fields will survive the water. Hope you feel better soon too. :hug:

Ashley -- Great news about your sister! That will be great motivation to stick to your plan so you can be ready and super hot for the wedding. ;) If you lose 8lbs a month (2 per week) you could be 60ish pounds lighter by 7 months from now! That's pretty exciting.

Shan -- Glad you are feeling better. I'm addicted to this site as well, but it is a big part of my motivation to stay on plan and keep working toward my goal.

We're doing lots of running around here today, dropping off stuff at the humane society & goodwill, then visiting a friend with a new baby, then going to make dinner for my aunt and grandmother. :)

shan84
10-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Ladies, please don't forget to weigh in this weekend. You have until Sunday night at 10pm AST (Atlantic Standard Time Ex: Canada, Nova Scotia, etc.) to weigh in. That doesn't mean you have to wait to weigh in until Sunday. If your weigh in day was earlier in the week you can post your weight now. Or, if you weigh in on Sunday mornings, make sure you post your weight before the day has you super busy. Remember only two freebies are allowed per team member.

GO RED TEAM!!

nurse2be
10-02-2010, 02:51 PM
My goal weight is currently 127...that was my weight before getting pregnant with my first child. I had gained the freshman 15 by then..so I would LOVE to weigh between 112-115 but I think that is a little unrealistic for me at the point. I'm not going to concentrate much on the numbers as much as what I fit into. My middle daughter stares at my senior prom picture at least once a week...I'd love to fit into that again + surprise her.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

dudesmom
10-02-2010, 03:00 PM
My goal weight right now is 148, though it's not set in stone. Its toward the high end of the normal range for my height, and I have actually weighed that in my adult life (though I was 19 and didn't have any kids at the time!). Really, it was just kind of a number that I felt could possibly be attainable, and it was a nice round number away from my starting weight of 268.

alwe74
10-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Today's question:

My goal weight is 140, but I would be over the moon at 130. 140 puts me in the healthy range but I stayed around 120-125 before I started to gain weight.

Serval87
10-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Ugh. I have had to eat a lot of junk food here lately which is why I've been limiting myself to one meal and one snack. The scale looks like I may be about to lose a pound. Thankfully, I've already lost my TOM bloat. :) Hopefully I can work off the calories later.

PDXgirl
10-02-2010, 06:50 PM
I've been surprised this week about how, even at 290 (25 pounds down) I am starting to regain some shape and look a little better. It's very encouraging!

Keep it up, every little bit counts~!

lukesmom
10-02-2010, 09:43 PM
My goal weight is 150...when I was younger, my goal weight was less...but not something I could maintain.

shan84
10-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Good luck to everyone on weigh ins this week!

GO RED TEAM!!!

lavenderblueskies
10-03-2010, 10:39 AM
My weigh-ins haven't been spectacular, but I wore a pair of pants (comfortably) yesterday that I couldn't have a few weeks ago. Nice feeling :carrot:

TERAPET
10-03-2010, 12:20 PM
tambolina-I have not lived in Omaha for a very long time. The last time was when my kids were little and now they are college age. I actually liked living there but my husband hates winter weather and dreams of living in Florida. Atlanta is a nice compromise.

This weekend has been a lost cause! Sigh. I have too much of that going on lately. Oh well, never, ever give up. I saw an article recently that supported multiple attempts to quit smoking, citing that in many cases it eventually leads to success. I am holding on to the thought that the same probably holds true for weight loss.

Angie
10-03-2010, 08:00 PM
PDXGirl -- Congratulations on losing 25lbs so far! That's awesome, and you're right, every step of the way I notice differences; sometimes it's in my appearance, sometimes the ways things fit or the way they look on me. At work people keep thinking that I've bought new clothes, but actually it's my same old clothes, they just fit me better!

I checked out the weigh in thread and saw some great numbers there! I am averaging about 2.5lbs per week on my journey and I thought I was losing fast, but when I see your numbers...wow, I'm not keeping up. Way to go guys!

shan84
10-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Please don't forget to weigh in! Good luck red team!!

Angie
10-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Shan -- If people miss a second week are they removed from the weigh in thread? Just curious.

I saw we had 20 people who had posted 2 weeks weigh ins, out of 33. I remember from a previous challenge that we lost a lot of people, but it seems early.

shan84
10-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Angie- If they used their first freebie last week, and they use a second one this week, then when they don't weigh in next week they are dropped from the official team.

shan84
10-03-2010, 10:51 PM
We have a new banner thanks to NancyO from the blue team! You can add it to your signature by right clicking on it, save as onto your computer. Then go to user cp at the top left of your page. Click on edit signature. Add signature picture.

Enjoy!!