Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #1  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default Is anybody having cravings or feeling hungry?

I am on my day 16 and craving, pizza, peanut butter, and other things. I am desperate with these cravings they are driving me nuts, they get worse in the evening, or if I skip, meals do to time issues. I am lossing weigh very quick, but as I do I become hungrier, or a "cravier". Last night I had 1 more of those crazy nightmares with me braking the diet, and eating cake, I felt so guilty in the dream that when I woke up I thank God it was just a "nightmare"., and new how bad I would feel in the reality If I "cheat". I will not, because I am happy with the progress.

Is anyone else feeling the same way, or skiping meals give me an advice please!
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.3

Height: 5"1'

Are you eating any of the protein bars as your third source of protein? i find that as long as I eat one of those on the days I'm really craving something....that it really helps. If your craving peanut butter....try the peanut butter on. I also really love the chocolare peanut carmel one and the raspberry chocolate one. The chocolate covered soy puffs are yummy too!

I've started carrying one in my puse and keeping a coupld at work so that if I'm super hungry or having a hard time getting my shake in due to my schedule I can snack one of those. But remember, you can only have 1 a day!
MereBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #3  
Choco-holic Expert

S/C/G: 165/158/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow! I thought I was the only one who had a dream/nightmare of cheating on the IP diet.... LOL. I am on Day 12 and have lots of cravings that keep getting more and more intense. I don't crave "sugar" per se, but breads, etc. I used to be a huge sugar junkie, so my coach thinks this craving may just be my body going through the phases of trying to get all that previous memory out of my system.

I have tried not to skip a meal, as I get too hungry if I do, so I always ensure to have at least a bar with me. And if I do skip a meal, yes, I find that my cravings get worse too.

Best wishes! At least know you're not alone in the cravings...
crimsonorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #4  

Wait a minute I am on my day 16 and I am not having any bars or soy puffs, etc because my coach told me those are phase 2-3 foods, and they are higher in carbs. we started IP around the same time, and am not getting any of those snacks!!!. Tanx a lot because I know I am not alone with my cravings and crazy nightmares. But the thing is that we can do it and we"ll ge there on time.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #5  
Choco-holic Expert

S/C/G: 165/158/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggirl86 View Post
Wait a minute I am on my day 16 and I am not having any bars or soy puffs, etc because my coach told me those are phase 2-3 foods, and they are higher in carbs. we started IP around the same time, and am not getting any of those snacks!!!. Tanx a lot because I know I am not alone with my cravings and crazy nightmares. But the thing is that we can do it and we"ll ge there on time.
I would just check with your coach. My coach said that the "restricted foods" like bars and soy puffs are allowed but only 1 per day. It has really helped my cravings...
crimsonorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #6  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I am on my day 16 and craving, pizza, peanut butter, and other things. I am desperate with these cravings they are driving me nuts, they get worse in the evening, or if I skip, meals do to time issues. I am lossing weigh very quick, but as I do I become hungrier, or a "cravier". Last night I had 1 more of those crazy nightmares with me braking the diet, and eating cake, I felt so guilty in the dream that when I woke up I thank God it was just a "nightmare"., and new how bad I would feel in the reality If I "cheat". I will not, because I am happy with the progress.

You're skipping meals and you wonder why you get cravings? Surely there must be some logical connection here? And how hard is it shake up a pudding in 8-16 ounces and down it?

I know I'm sounding like a scolding school marm. But as they say, "It's for your own good."
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #7  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

I'm officially on day 4 now.. but yesterday was hard for me. I wanted cashews so bad! So, I improvised. My couch agreed with my idea of breaking up a bar or the soy nuts into segments or stretching one over a week. I figure at least that way... I can have a little treat, but not cheat. So to overcome my need for salty snacks today, I had about 8 of the bbq soy nuts and licked some of the sea salt off my hand! lol... But hey it worked! I'm only using 3 packets a day so far and I find I'm plenty full. I just think the cravings are basically in my head.. but it's good to know that when they start in, I have something on the diet to fall back on.
xmln3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:

Quote:
Hey there!

Ok, first off.. NO SKIPPING! Skipping can be the same as cheating. It can cause your body to shift into a starvation mode instead of a safely designed diet based on ketosis.

Find a way to keep food available and then eat it.

Yes, restricted foods are higher in carbs but, YOUR COACH IS WRONG! These are not phase 2 or 3 foods. According to new guidelines provided by Ideal Protein to coaches this summer restricted foods are appropriate for some clients from DAY 1 and for all clients from week 2. They should be used cautiously and not more than one per day PROVIDED the client is still losing well. Start with one or two a week and add.

You are NOT REQUIRED to use them but, if they help you to stay on track, lose well, and not feel cravings or extreme hunger they ARE appropriate.

You say you are losing fast. It is possible you are losing muscle and fat because you are skipping and not getting enough protein. NOT good. You are better off losing a little more slowly and losing a better ratio of muscle and maintaining as much muscle and HEALTHY muscle as possible.

Keep going with the plan. Talk to your coach. Try to get some of the restricted items.

If they refuse, do you have another coach you can see?

showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey there!

Ok, first off.. NO SKIPPING! Skipping can be the same as cheating. It can cause your body to shift into a starvation mode instead of a safely designed diet based on ketosis.

Find a way to keep food available and then eat it.

Yes, restricted foods are higher in carbs but, YOUR COACH IS WRONG! These are not phase 2 or 3 foods. According to new guidelines provided by Ideal Protein to coaches this summer restricted foods are appropriate for some clients from DAY 1 and for all clients from week 2. They should be used cautiously and not more than one per day PROVIDED the client is still losing well. Start with one or two a week and add.

You are NOT REQUIRED to use them but, if they help you to stay on track, lose well, and not feel cravings or extreme hunger they ARE appropriate.

You say you are losing fast. It is possible you are losing muscle and fat because you are skipping and not getting enough protein. NOT good. You are better off losing a little more slowly and losing a better ratio of muscle and maintaining as much muscle and HEALTHY muscle as possible.

Keep going with the plan. Talk to your coach. Try to get some of the restricted items.

If they refuse, do you have another coach you can see?

Hi Carla

Once again tanx for your advice, UR right I can be burning fat and muscle by skipping my dinner, I Now about the food I am only getting the following: omelet, yougurt, puddings,drinks,and soups. I dont really like the drinks except for the chocolate drink. I dont think she would let me have some restricted foods, I mean she is more a sales person than a coach she is not a very good coach, she doesn't even measures me. I will talk to her about all these, because those quick snacks can help me while at work, THANX.

Last edited by biggirl86; 09-20-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
I'm officially on day 4 now.. but yesterday was hard for me. I wanted cashews so bad! So, I improvised. My couch agreed with my idea of breaking up a bar or the soy nuts into segments or stretching one over a week. I figure at least that way... I can have a little treat, but not cheat. So to overcome my need for salty snacks today, I had about 8 of the bbq soy nuts and licked some of the sea salt off my hand! lol... But hey it worked! I'm only using 3 packets a day so far and I find I'm plenty full. I just think the cravings are basically in my head.. but it's good to know that when they start in, I have something on the diet to fall back on.
Hello, the first three days are the worst while on ketosis I know, I was thinking about cheating during those terrible days, then it when away and now it came back. Thanx a lot, and keep going!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #11  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Mondays are always the worst for me. I wonder if it because I have a desk job and am not burning as much fat and releasing as many ketones as on the weekends when I am running around doing housework and chasing kids instead of sitting on my tush (which does now have a little less cush...) Tonya
Tminus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 AM   #12  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hello, the first three days are the worst while on ketosis I know, I was thinking about cheating during those terrible days, then it when away and now it came back. Thanx a lot, and keep going!

Yea they were the bear of it all so far.. I've been doing much better, yesterday and hopefully today. I'm feeling a craving bad right now.. I'm not sure what I want, I just know I want something. LOL Good to know some things never change... lol I fluctuate like that a lot. I'm thinking I'll dip into my sliced and diced chocolate caramel bar, and have a sliver before bed, just to settle my "nerves". Some might find this as cheating.. but hey a piece of the IP bar is way better than hovering in a corner so my boyfriend doesn't see me eating cashews and fruit snacks! LOL

Last edited by xmln3x; 09-21-2010 at 03:06 AM.
xmln3x is offline   Reply With Quote